We shall miss your conversation
剩余的旅途中不能跟你聊天了
on the rest of our voyage Dr. Afriel.
我们会想你的 阿菲尔博士
And I yours.
我也会想你
Our exchange of information has been extremely valuable to me.
我们的信息交换对我非常宝贵
Humanity is the kind of race we enjoy doing business with.
我们喜欢跟人类做交易
Young eager flexible.
年轻 急切 变通
But we do not understand
但我们不理解
the profit you seek in studying the swarm.
你们研究虫群是想获得什么好处
They are merely well organized animals.
它们不过是有组织的动物
Well we humans learn wherever we can.
人类总是抓住一切学习的机会
Dr. Afriel.
阿菲尔博士
Per our transit contract
按照我们的运输合同
we shall return in 600 of your days.
我们会在你们的600日后归来
Dr. Afriel.
阿菲尔博士
Welcome.
欢迎
Dr. Mirny. An honor to meet you.
敏尼博士 见到你很荣幸
And I you.
我也是
It's good to see another human face.
很高兴见到另一张人类的脸
And please call me Galina.
喊我盖琳娜就好
What Don't be alarmed.
-怎么回事 -别害怕
It will convey your pheromones to the queen.
它会把你的信息素带给虫后
Otherwise you might be considered an invader and killed.
不然你会被当作入侵者杀掉
I followed your study of the Swarm
我对你的虫群研究很感兴趣
with tremendous interest Doctor.
一直在关注 博士
But I had no idea you'd learned to communicate with them.
但我不知道你已经学会了如何与它们交流
Not exactly.
也不是
I found no Swarm castes that use language
没有任何一种虫会使用语言
but several symbiote species still do.
但一些共生种群还有语言
I call these springtails.
我称它们为跳虫
I believe they were once a spacefaring race
我认为它们曾是能穿行宇宙的种族
who discovered the Swarm and were absorbed by it.
它们发现了虫群 然后被它吸收了
But now they are little more than parasitic savages.
但它们现在比寄生的野蛮人强不了多少了
So far I've identified 15 unique symbiotic aliens
到目前为止 我在原始的
living among the hundreds
数百种虫群种群中
of specialized castes native to the Swarm.
分辨出了15种独特的共生外来种群
Various strains of nutrient rich fungi are the hive's main food source.
各种富含营养的真菌是虫巢的主要食物来源
Since our basic biochemistry is similar
因为我们的基本生物化学成分相似
it's perfectly edible.
我们可以吃它们
I've learned to solicit food with a pattern of reflex tapping.
我学会了用一种反射拍打来索要食物
Fermentation in the worker's gut...
工虫腹腔里的发酵
...Adds nutritional value.
让营养更丰富
Makes it taste better too.
味道也更好
It's wonderful.
真好吃
Tunneler.
隧道虫
It can take us further into the Nest.
它会带我们深入虫巢
The queen.
虫后
Heart of the Nest.
虫巢之心
Whatever caste of worker is needed
不管需要什么样的工虫种群
she can create it.
她都能创造出来
The entire Nest is a wonder of genetic automation.
整个虫巢就是遗传自动化的奇迹
It is truly amazing.
真是太惊人了
Warrior caste. Very deadly.
战虫 很致命
But only if you mean harm to the queen and her eggs.
如果你想伤害虫后和虫卵的话
Dr. Afriel I think it's time
阿法尔博士 我想你该说出
you told me exactly why you're here.
你究竟是为何而来了
As you've discovered
你也发现了
the Swarm is a near perfect organic system.
虫群是个几乎完美的有机体系
With a resource like this
有了这样的资源
we can bring order to the chaos of human expansion.
我们可以为混乱的人类扩张带来秩序
We must harness its power.
我们得汲取它的力量
Exploit it you mean.
是利用它吧
If order is what you want
如果你想要秩序
look around.
看看这里吧
It's always warm it smells good and there's plenty of food.
这里永远暖和 气味宜人 而且不缺食物
This Nest has been here for millions of years.
这个虫巢已经存在上百万年了
Who will remember humanity in even a thousand
再过一千年 还有谁会记得人类
Even though I won't live to see our race triumph
哪怕我活不到我们种族胜利的那天
it's enough that I can foresee that day.
如果我能预见那天的到来也足够了
Arrogance.
傲慢
These creatures are primordially innocent Doctor.
这些生灵原始而无辜 博士
They should never become pawns
它们不该成为
in some power struggle light years away.
数光年以外的权力斗争的筹码
But we only need the genetic information from one egg.
但我们只需要一颗卵的基因信息
With that we can grow our own queen.
有了它 我们就能自己培育虫后
Her offspring will build a new nest.
她的后代会自己建新虫巢
They would be useless without the Nest's pheromones to control them.
没有虫巢的信息素来控制它们是没用的
Artificial vein.
人工血管
This slipped past the Investor quarantine.
躲过了投资人的检疫
Inside is a selection of the Swarm pheromones we synthesized
里面有一些我们根据你的样本
based on your samples.
合成的虫群信息素
If these work we could control millions of workers.
如果成了 我们能控制数百万的工虫
Armies of warriors.
还有战虫大军
You are planning to breed a slave race. We could
-你是想培育奴隶种群 -我们...
You said yourself they aren't sentient.
你也说了 它们没有意识
They're organic machines.
只是有机机器
It's not as if they'd be
它们又不会
staring up at the stars pining for their freedom.
凝视星空 渴望自由
It's true.
的确
Whether they work for us or the Swarm
对于它们 为我们还是为虫群工作
will make no difference to them.
并没有什么不同
And that is the beauty of the idea Doctor.
这就是这个点子的妙处 博士
As long as no harm comes to the Nest...
只要虫巢不会被伤害
I'll help you.
我会帮你
We'll need to test the synthesized pheromones
我们得进行一些试验来测试
with a series of trials.
合成信息素
First vial contains the most basic pheromonal commands.
第一管里是最基本的指令信息素
A simple grouping stimulus.
简单的聚集刺激素
But to work most effectively
但要达到最佳效果
the pheromones need to be combined in a chemical program.
信息素得以化学程序的形式结合起来
Gather then dig.
聚集 然后挖掘
Grow food here then harvest.
在这里制造食物 然后采集
Or retrieve one fertilized egg.
或是取回一颗受精卵
We humans are not so very different.
我们人类也没那么不同
Adrift on ancient chemical tides.
在远古的化学潮水中漂流
Submerged in the warm ebb and flow of life.
浸没在生命温暖的潮起潮落里
What is it
怎么了
Food giver no good. Not feed.
造食者不行了 没吃的
Take me to her.
带我去找她
Come on then you mindless motherfuckers
来啊 你们这些没脑子的混蛋
Galina
盖琳娜
I have no name
我没有名字
but you may address me as...
但你可以称我为...
...Swarm.
虫群
I am one of its castes.
我是它的种群之一
My specialty is intelligence.
我的特点是智力
We... we mean you no harm.
我们没想伤害你
We seek only knowledge and
我们只想要知识
You sought to breed us.
你想繁殖我们
Use us.
利用我们
But your crude experiments
但你们粗糙的实验
triggered certain genetic protocols
激活了一些基因程序
and I was born.
我便诞生了
I am only a few weeks old
我只有几周大
but I have millions of years of racial memory.
但我有数百万年的种族记忆
You are clearly an intelligent being.
你显然是有智力的生灵
Surely we can find a way to
我们肯定有办法...
Please Doctor I'm just a tool.
得了 博士 我只是个工具
One the Swarm has used
虫群已经很多次
to deal with threats like yours many times.
利用我这样的工具来应付威胁了
Through her memories I understand your race.
我通过她的记忆理解了你们种族
An especially vigorous one.
你们很有活力
I expect they could be here
我想他们不出几百年
competing with us within a few hundred years.
就会来到这里 跟我们竞争
It will be sooner.
会比那还早
Perhaps.
或许吧
But on the timescale the Swarm operates
但按虫群的时间尺度来看
your race will soon be gone.
你们种族很快就会消亡
If... if you intend to destroy us we will
如果你想毁灭我们 我们就...
Most likely you'll destroy yourselves.
你们大概会自我毁灭
In... intelligence...
智力
...Is not a winning survival trait.
并不是利于生存的特征
Consider the scavenger feeding on your vomit.
看看吃你呕吐物的食腐动物
Two million years ago
两百万年前
its ancestors made the galaxy tremble.
它的祖先曾撼动星系
When they attacked the Swarm
他们攻击虫群时
we bred smarter
我们繁育出了
tougher versions of their own race to fight them.
以他们为蓝本 但更小更坚强的种群对付他们
Our nests were the only world they'd known
我们的虫巢是他们唯一知道的世界
and they fought with a fury and inventiveness
而他们战斗起来的愤怒和创造力
we never could have matched.
是我们无法匹及的
It is an excellent strategy.
这策略很棒
And the two of you make a perfect breeding pair.
你们俩就是完美的繁殖搭档
I would never betray my race.
我绝不会背叛我的种族
I will kill myself.
我会自杀的
In which case I would simply clone you and raise the children myself.
那我就克隆你 自己养大孩子
Bothersome.
那很烦人
And so I offer you a choice.
所以我给你个选择
Remain an intelligent living being or...
继续做一个有智力的活物
...Real ugly events...
不然就要难看了
So
那么
do you accept my offer Doctor
你接受我的提议吗 博士
I accept your challenge.
我接受你的挑战
We won't become parasites.
我们不会做寄生虫
Humans are different.
人是不一样的
Of course you are.
当然了
I'm glad I won't have to absorb you.
我很高兴我不用吸收你
I would have missed
那样就不能
your conversation.
跟你聊天了
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片