I had an idea that I think might be beneficial
我有个主意 可能对大学和我
Nobody else is stronger than I am
世上没人比我强壮
Yesterday I moved a mountain
昨天我移了一座山
I bet I could be your hero
我相信我能当你的英雄
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
I never cared for The Game of Life.
我从小就对《生命之旅》游戏无爱
Marriage children careers houses.
结婚 生子 职业 买房
What kind of life is that
这是哪门子的人生啊
In my game the milestones are...
在我的游戏里 里程碑是
papers published degrees earned
论文发表 攻读学位
Nobel Prizes won.
赢得诺奖
And in my version I am dominating.
在我的版本里 我所向披靡
But you knew that.
但这点你早就知道了
Ooh and instead of cars
而且我们的棋子不会用车
you'd ride around in a train.
而是坐火车遨游
Honestly why aren't they making this
说真的 厂商怎么还不赶紧做这游戏
Yes Hello Sam.
-太好了 -你好啊 珊姆
You seem agitated.
你好像有点激动啊
I just got accepted into my summer program.
我被录取暑期项目了
Oh summer school. I didn't realize you were struggling.
暑期课程啊 抱歉我都不知道你成绩有状况
But way to not give up.
但你不放弃就很棒了
No.
不是我们学校
It's at Columbia.
是在哥大
This is gonna look really good on my grad school application.
我去申请读研的时候 这会让我很加分啊
Grad school Those applications are a year away.
离申请不是还有一年吗
You have to start early.
你得提早开始准备啊
It's so competitive these days.
这年头竞争这么激烈
I think I'll be fine.
我想我应该没什么问题
Where are you hoping to go
你想去哪里读
Caltech. Sheldon
-加州理工 -谢尔顿
that's one of the toughest programs to get into in the world.
那是全球最难申请的地方之一
I know they deserve the best.
我知道啊 它们值得有最好的学生
Well if I were you I would start building up my resume now.
如果我是你 我现在就会开始给履历增添色彩
Uh my resume's pretty good.
我的个人履历很精彩了
4.0 child prodigy.
绩点4.0 天才儿童
Beloved wherever I go.
到哪都受人喜爱
Are you on any published papers
你的名字有在任何已发表论文上吗
No.
没有
Have you presented at any conferences
你有在任何研讨会议上演讲过吗
No.
没有
Have you been involved in any outside projects
你有参与过任何外部的项目吗
I did develop a grant research database.
我有开发过一个科研补助金资料库
Oh well that's something.
那这还行
It failed spectacularly.
但推出后大失败
Well hey...
那至少...
at least you're beloved.
你受人喜爱嘛
You want some
来杯咖啡吗
No I'm good.
不用了 谢谢
You sure
你确定吗
Yeah I slept almost four hours last night.
我昨晚可是睡了将近4小时之久呢
I feel like a tiger.
感觉自己生龙活虎
Good for you.
不错啊
Brushed my hair I brushed my teeth
我梳了头 还刷了牙
I may even go outside today.
我今天甚至可能出门走走
Wow an 80% chance of rain. Never mind.
-哇 有80%的降雨几率 -算了
Probably from all these clouds over here...
估计是因为这边这一大坨云吧
Who is this guy
这家伙谁啊
Where's perky Heather with today's weather
原本的气象辣妹主播呢
I don't know I think the sports guy's filling in.
不知道啊 貌似体育主播来代班了
This storm is just gonna make a full court press.
暴雨将全场推进
And just run right on past Houston
然后就这么跑过休斯顿
right on past Lufkin
穿越拉夫金
all the way over to Medford over here...
一路冲到那边的梅德福
He ain't even pointin' at Medford.
他指的都不是梅德福
That's a drive that Jack Nicklaus would be proud of right there.
这表现连球王都会夸赞
I used to do that job you know. It's not as easy as you'd think.
我以前也做过那份工作 没有表面上看起来那么简单
You got to look forward but point backward
你人得面向镜头 但手得指对背后
while reading the script.
而且眼睛还得读对稿
All with sunshine in your voice.
而且语气还得阳光开朗
I could actually hear the sunshine in your voice.
我还真能听到你声线中的阳光呢
Thanks.
谢谢
Now back to CeeCee in the nursery with screaming.
现在画面还给婴儿房里嗷嗷大哭的丝丝
You're late.
你迟到了
Sorry I ran into Sam.
抱歉 我路上遇到了珊姆
Bright girl. She's going places.
很聪明的女孩 以后必有好出路
Specifically the physics department at Columbia.
出到哥大的物理系
Oh she got in fantastic.
她被录取啦 恭喜她
I know she was hoping to spice up her applications.
我知道她想丰富自己的履历
Well I like to think that I'm all the spice
我认为我的履历上只要有我
my applications will need.
就足够丰富了
You're not.
并不够
What are you saying
你们什么意思
Actually uh...
这个嘛...
Hold on should I be trying to beef up
等等 难道我也应该为读研
my grad school applications
开始丰富我的履历吗
The competition is fierce.
竞争非常激烈啊
It takes a lot to stand out.
要出众可是非常不容易
You're my advisors why didn't you advise me of this
你们是我的导师 为什么从没指导我这些
Sheldon if I could offer you some advice...
谢尔顿 不知可否给你提点一下...
No thank you.
不用了 谢谢
Sheldon I have a recommendation for you.
谢尔顿 我对你有个建议
I have one for you.
我也对你有建议
Trim your nose hair.
修剪修剪你的鼻毛吧
Do you remember that
还记得吗
I do. It looked like a spider was living up there.
当然 感觉能有蜘蛛住在里面
What are you doing here
你在这里面干嘛呢
Oh just looking through some of my old videotapes.
就是翻一下我以前的那些影带
Oh cool.
Wait you didn't find any of my tapes did you
等等 你没翻到任何我的影带吧
What are your tapes
你有什么影带
Nothing.
没什么
Well mine are from when I was a weather girl.
我的影带是我当气象女郎时的那些
Whatcha need 'em for
你找出来干嘛呢
Well the local station's looking.
本地新闻台在找人
I'm gonna apply.
我想要去报
But you're a mom now.
但你现在是个妈妈了
Yeah so
是啊 所以呢
Well I'm just sayin' don't you kind of have
就是你现在照顾丝丝
your hands full with CeeCee
不是已经很忙了吗
Well there's a lot of family around to help.
不是有一大家子在帮忙吗
Well I know but...
是啊 但是...
And I was always gonna go back to work.
我一直都计划着生完后会回去工作啊
If it's about money we're good.
如果是担心钱不够 我们没问题
You live in a garage.
你住在车库里
It ain't a garage if there ain't a car in it.
里面没停车的话就不是车库
Yeah it is.
就是车库
And it's not about money it's about my life.
这跟金钱也无关啊 是跟我的人生有关
I want a career.
我想要有一份事业
Well I I happen to think motherhood is a career.
我个人觉得当妈妈也是一种职业啊
Hmm. What about fatherhood
那当爸爸呢
You have a job.
你有工作啊
That's different. Why
-不一样啦 -不一样在哪
Because.
因为...
There's lots of reasons.
这很复杂啦
Oh okay so you just get to have a job and a life
所以你可以有工作有生活
and I have to stay home with the baby
而我只能在家带孩子
Or I have to have a job
或者说是 我想不工作都不行
and you getto stay home with the baby.
而你可以悠哉在家里陪孩子
It's all about perspective.
全看是从什么角度看罢了
Yes is this the Columbia summer science honors program
对 请问这是哥大暑期科学荣誉项目吗
Excellent.
太好了
My name is Sheldon Cooper perhaps you've heard of me.
我叫谢尔顿·库珀 你们很可能听说过我
Well now you have.
现在你听说过了
Anyways it's recently come to my attention
我最近刚刚了解到
that you could be an important step in my career advancement.
你们有可能是我职涯中重要的一环
So good news I'm available.
说个好消息 我愿意给你们机会
Yes I understand I've missed the deadline
对 我知道我错过了报名期限
but I'm sure you can make an exception.
但我相信你们能给我个方便
But I'm Sheldon Cooper.
我可是谢尔顿·库珀啊
And apparently Doctors Linkletter and Sturgis were
林克莱特博士与斯特吉斯博士
aware that I already should have been focusing
居然早就知道我应该为我的申请
on my applications.
提前做准备
And they didn't say anything to you
然后他们什么都没跟你提吗
Well they did but I don't come off well in that story.
其实有 但这样显得锅在我身上
Shelly how bad could it be
谢利 这能有多糟啦
You started college when you were 11.
你才11岁就开始读大学了
Well it was impressive when I was little and cute.
当我又小又可爱时 这很了不起
But now that I'm old and cute it's just not the same thing.
但我现在是又老又可爱 今时不同往日了
Well just 'cause you look older
你只是长大了一点
doesn't mean you're any less special.
并不代表你就变得不那么特别了啊
Of course.
我懂了
It's your fault. What
-这都是你的错 -什么
Well you've been saying I'm special my whole life
从小你就一直说我很特别
so now I'm conditioned to expect the world
所以我自动认为
to cater to me instead of taking initiative.
世界该为我开方便之门 而不是我得主动争取
But you are special sweetie.
但你的确很特别啊 亲爱的
You just can't turn it off can you
无时无刻 停不下来了是吧
She's changed and napping.
给她换好尿布 已经睡下了
You washed your hands right
你洗过手了吧
Shelly you want some mashed potatoes
谢利 想来点土豆泥吗
See there you go again
你看 你又来了
bringing the mashed potatoes to me
主动把土豆泥递给我
when I should be going to the mashed potatoes.
但其实应该是我主动去拿
Fine.
What's goin' on
又在闹哪样
Years of coddling have made me complacent
多年来的呵护令我自鸣得意
and now it may cost me my chance
现在可能害我失去
to get into grad school at Caltech.
进入加州理工读研的机会
I've been sayin' that since you were born.
打从你出生我就一直在说她
And yet you did nothing to stop her
但你没做出任何行动阻止她吗
If it helps I always thought you sucked.
我可是一直就觉得你是个臭屁烂人
Missy.
米希
I talked to Meemaw.
我跟姥姥聊过了
She said if you come back to work at the video store
她说如果你要回去录影带出租店工作
you can bring the baby.
可以带孩子去上班
What I thought you wanted a job.
干嘛 你不是想要一份工作吗
No I said I wanted a career.
不是 我说的是我想要有一份职业
Oh are you thinkin' about going back to work already
你已经在想着重返职场了吗
Yeah.
对啊
I mean it's a little earlier than I thought
的确是比我原先预期的早了一点
but an opportunity came up and I'm going for it.
但刚好有职缺 我就想去试试看
See Initiative. Her parents kicked her out
看到没 主动性 她父母将她扫地出门
and look at that gumption.
看看她现在的主动性
So what job you goin' for
所以你打算去投什么工作
Channel 7's looking for a new weather girl.
7频道在找新的气象女郎
Oh yeah she said she quit because she was getting married.
原先那个说是去结婚所以离职
Rumor is she got knocked up.
但听说她是肚子被搞大了
Which is exciting.
这很棒啊
The interview's on Thursday.
周四面试
What
什么
You already applied
你已经报名了吗
I thought we were gonna talk about it.
我还以为我们要慢慢谈呢
We did talk about it.
我们谈过了啊
I said I was gonna send in a tape and then I sent it in.
我说了要寄旧影带过去 我就寄了啊
Who's gonna watch CeeCee
那谁来看着丝丝
Well I was hoping her family would help out.
我本来是指望她的家人们会帮忙
Of course.
那当然
I mean I do work.
但是我有工作
I work too George.
我也工作啊 乔治
We work.
我们都工作
They got a point.
他们说到点上了
Uh is the point
什么点
that your mom is a working mother
你妈妈也是职场女性这点吗
Well I didn't work when my kids were babies.
我是到孩子们大了之后才去工作的
That's true she was a stay at home coddler.
这是真的 她以前是家庭捧杀主妇
Okay now you're being obnoxious.
够了 你这样就有点烦人了
No one wants to hear you talk ass face.
没人想听你唧唧歪歪 傻逼
Thanks I appreciate the help but let's keep it clean.
谢谢你协助我接地气 但尽量别用脏字
Butt wad
屁精
Better.
好多了
Well that's a look.
有点傻气
That's also a look.
现在是有点杀气
I can't find anything to wear for my interview.
我找不到适合面试穿的衣服
Well let's see.
来看看
That's pretty cute.
这件不错啊
"Can't find" was code for "can't fit into."
"找不到"真实的意思是"穿不进"
Don't be so hard on yourself honey.
亲爱的 别太为难自己了
You just had a baby.
你刚生完孩子
I'll make sure to tell them that.
我会记得告诉他们这件事的
Apparently everyone loves a working mother.
貌似大家都喜欢职场女性呢
Is that code for something
这句话也有另一层意思吗
Yeah your family sucks.
有 你的家人都很差劲
Ooh sounds like I missed a good dinner.
听起来我错过了精彩的晚餐啦
Am I a bad mom because I want a career Hell no
-我想有一份职业就是个坏妈妈吗 -当然不是
And you're teachin' your daughter that she can grow up
而且你是在教育你的女儿 她长大以后
to do something more than raise kids.
也能做到养儿育女之外的事
Yeah
就是说嘛
And you're gonna go in there and you're gonna get this job.
你到时候就去电视台将这份工作拿下
Yeah
就是说嘛
But not in that.
但不是穿着这套衣服
Yeah.
就是说嘛
I'm waitin'. For what
-我在等着呢 -等什么呢
The "I told you so."
你那句"我早跟你说过了"
'Cause I coddled Sheldon and apparently ruined his life.
貌似我太宠谢尔顿 毁了他的人生
I'm not gonna say that.
我才不会这么说
I mean you did coddle him and I did tell ya
虽然你的确是太宠他 而我也跟你说...
All right I told you so.
好吧 我早跟你说过了
Thanks for not sayin' it.
真是谢谢你没落井下石啊
Well what does he know
哎呀 他懂个屁啊
He's just a dumb teenager.
他就是个傻青少年
I guess it is normal for teenagers to blame their parents for stuff.
可能青少年怪爸妈是很稀松平常的事吧
Sheldon's normal.
谢尔顿跟其他人一样
That's a shocker.
真是令人惊讶
Great the one normal thing he does is blame me.
爽啊 他唯一跟普通人一样的地方就是怪妈妈
Someday his kids are gonna tell him he's ruinin' their lives.
总有一天 他的孩子也会怪罪他毁了他们人生
You think
你真这么认为吗
If he has 'em they're gonna say it.
如果他有孩子 他们肯定会这样说
So probably not.
多半是不会有那一天了
Joke's on him.
老爸糗了吧
I did have kids.
我还真有孩子
And joke's on me.
不过我也糗了
They say it all the time.
孩子们天天怨我
Good morning.
早安
Oh you're out and about early.
你这么早就出门了
Yeah got a lot going on today.
是啊 今天有很多事
Connie's taking me out shopping and then to the salon
康妮要带我去购物 然后去发廊
to get ready for my interview. Nice.
-为面试拾掇拾掇外表 -挺好啊
A little mommy daughter day
今天你们母女俩独处吗
Daddy daughter day. Here ya go.
是父女俩独处 给
I have work.
我要上班呢
Well I like to think fatherhood is a full time job.
我认为当爹也是一份全职工作
How am I gonna feed her
我怎么喂她啊
I don't have the... you know.
我没有那两坨...
Formula's in the bag.
包包里有奶粉
Tag you're it.
轮到你了
Bye CeeCee.
再见 丝丝
Well looks like it's just me and you.
看来就剩你和老爸我啦
Let me give you the tour.
我带你逛一圈
That's Axl Rose.
那是摇滚歌手艾克索·罗斯[枪炮与玫瑰]
He's awesome.
他超帅的
That's the weight bench.
那是举重床
That's where Daddy gets ripped.
老爸就在那练壮壮的
Yeah. And that's the sink
这个洗手池
your mom totally peed in once.
就是你妈在里头尿过的那个
It's true.
是真的哦
I know it's true.
难以置信吧 但是真的
Ooh Volvo safe and flashy.
沃尔沃牌轿车啊 安全又耀眼
Like me. Sheldon...
-就像我一样 -谢尔顿
I haven't had my coffee yet.
我还没喝咖啡 无力应付你
I thought you might say that.
我料到你会这样说
Thank you. I'm not a coffee drinker.
-谢谢 -我不喝咖啡
I hope you like seven sugars.
希望你喜欢加了七颗糖的口味
So what's so important it got you outside
有什么要紧事逼得你都跑室外来了
to both the university and me.
都有好处
An exclusive summer program led
独有的暑期项目
by a prestigious scientist of my choosing.
由我选择的有威望的科学家领衔
I've got an idea.
我也有个主意
Apply to a school that already has it
你去申请已经有这种项目的学校
get in and go there.
加入后就去那里待着
Well to be honest
说实话
with my current résumé I may not get in anywhere
就我现在的履历 我可能哪里都进不去
which is why we need a program like this.
所以我们才需要这样的项目
Sheldon we don't have the time or the resources
谢尔顿 我们没时间也没资源
to create a brand new summer program.
去创建一个全新的暑期项目
Oh that's just sleepy talk. Take a few more sips
你还没睡醒才会说胡话 再喝几口
let that sugar kick in.
等糖劲儿上来就好了
The answer is no.
答案是不行
I knew I should have put whiskey in that coffee.
我就该加点威士忌到咖啡里的
Whose baby
这是谁家的孩子啊
Mine.
我的
And you brought her to a gambling room
你居然把她带来地下赌场
Why not There's flashin' lights and fun noises.
有什么问题 这里有闪烁的灯光和可爱的音效
It's basically Chuck E. Cheese.
和游戏餐厅没什么区别
Can I touch her head for luck
我能摸她的小脑袋祈求好运吗
No.
不行
Come on I just washed my hands.
拜托啦 我刚刚才洗过手
Make it quick.
那摸快点
Come on baby.
帮帮忙啦 宝宝
Uncle Wade needs a win.
韦德叔叔急需赢一把
All right that's enough.
够了收起你的爪
满堂红
That's what I'm talkin' about
就是这样
I told you babies is good luck.
我说得没错吧 宝宝会带来好运
Can I touch her head too
我也能摸摸她的脑袋吗
All right no one else is touchin' my baby's head...
好了 其他人都不准再摸我家孩子的头
for free.
除非付费
How much
多少钱
Five bucks.
五块
Worth it. Sold.
-值得 -成交
Hey dummy.
大傻
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
If it's about CeeCee being here I can explain.
如果是因为我带了丝丝来 我可以解释的
Where is she
她在哪
Right here.
在我这
Really
你不是吧
It's fine.
没事的啦
He's got like 15 grandkids.
他有大概15个孙子呢
We'll get back to that.
等等再说这茬
I have spent my day
我今天一整天
listening to Mandy bitch about you.
都在听曼蒂抱怨你
Well I don't suppose you stuck up for me
估计你没帮我说话吧
No.
当然没有
If you really want to be with that girl
你要是真想和那姑娘成家
you will not be the one to stand in her way.
你就别妨碍她
I'm not trying to.
我没想妨碍她
I just want to do what's best for CeeCee.
我只是为丝丝好
Obviously.
显然如此
Don't you think she deserves
她难道不该有个
a mom who's home with her
在家陪伴她的妈妈吗
I think she deserves a mom who's happy
我认为她该有个快乐
and supported by her dad.
且得到她爸爸支持的妈妈
Huh.
是哦
Why is that woman touchin' her head
那女人怎么在摸她的头
I'll handle it. Hey
我来处理 喂
You got to pay for that.
得付钱才能摸
Come on Cooper.
加油啊 库珀
See He's been here since this morning.
瞧 他从今早开始就一直待在这
He won't leave.
不肯走
What do you want me to do Get him to leave.
-你想要我做什么 -把他赶出去
Oh good you're both here.
太好了 你俩都来了
This will go faster with three of us.
我们三人协力 进展会更快
Now do it Give him the boot.
快上啊 把他踢出去
Trying to solve unified field theory
你想完成统一场论吗
Yes. Who needs a summer program
是的 要是能完成连爱因斯坦
if you can solve what Albert Einstein couldn't.
都无法突破的理论 谁还需要暑期项目呢
Let's see Caltech say no to this.
加州理工怎能拒绝这个
Sheldon you're not gonna solve this
谢尔顿 你不可能在短短一个下午内
in an afternoon. Or ever.
-就取得突破 -永远也不可能
Well I need to do something to stand out.
但我必须做出些成绩 脱颖而出
I think you're putting too much pressure on this summer program.
你给暑期项目的事施加太多压力了
You can apply next year.
你可以明年再申请
I can't wait a whole nother year.
我不能再等一年
I'll fall even further behind.
我会比现在落后更多
And then when I'm applying to Columbia
等我申请哥伦比亚大学时
Sam will be using her letter of recommendation
珊姆已经利用推荐信
to get into Caltech and then when I apply to Caltech
进入加州理工了 等我再申请加州理工时
they'll say "Oh you're from East Texas Tech too.
他们会说 "你也是东德州理工的啊
Well you must know Sam she's been here a year longer than you
你一定认识珊姆吧 她比你早一年进来
and you'll never catch up."
你永远也追不上她"
I think you need to calm down.
你先冷静下来
I can't calm down. I have to keep pushing myself
我无法冷静 我必须不断鞭策自己
or I'll fall farther and farther behind until I'm a...
否则我会越来越落后 直到沦为一个...
aging professor in a small university
小型大学里的老教授
with nothing to show for my work.
毫无成果可示人
Ouch I think he's talking about you.
扎心了 他说的好像是你
I think he's talking about us. No.
-他说的好像是我们 -才不是
I'm wasting too much time sleeping at night.
我晚上睡觉浪费太多时间了
In fact where's the coffee machine
我应该问 咖啡机在哪
Perhaps it is time I start chasing the caffeine dragon.
或许我该开始追逐咖啡因巨龙了
Sheldon listen to us. Why should I
-谢尔顿 听我们说 -我为什么要听
You let this happen to me.
是你们任由这种事发生在我身上
You failed as my mentors.
你们是不称职的导师
What are you doing
你在做什么
You're still the student this is still my office
你仍是学生 这里仍是我的办公室
and it's time for you to leave.
你该离开了
I'm afraid he's right.
恐怕他说得对
There she is.
她回来啦
Hi
你好啊
Um why does she smell like smoke
她身上为什么一股烟味
Oh she hung out with me in the gambling room.
她和我去地下赌场玩了
What
什么
She was a hit. Everybody said she was good luck.
她可受欢迎了 人人都说她象征着好运
Okay so I I guess it went well
好吧 那看来一切顺利
It did.
很顺利
So if you get that job
如果你得到那份工作了
I'm all for it.
我会全力支持你
Okay good.
好 好
What's wrong
怎么了
Today was the longest I've been away from her
我从没试过像今天这样离开她那么久
and it was awful.
感觉糟透了
So you don't want the job
那你不想要那份工作了吗
I I don't know.
我不知道
I think you should give it a shot.
我觉得你应该先试试
Really Well you were all excited about it.
-真的吗 -你之前说起工作多兴奋啊
And if you get the job you can still say no.
再说就算你得到工作了 还是可以拒绝的
Yeah that's a good point.
这话说得好
I'd love to see you on TV.
我很想在电视上看到你
Aw.
讨厌
Then I can say I slept with that girl on TV.
那我就能炫耀说 我睡过电视上那女的
Okay well...
气氛被你杀死了
Raindrops are falling on my head
雨点滴落在我头上
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head B. J. Thomas
And just like the guy
就像那个男人
Whose feet are too big for his bed
双脚太大 连床都放不下
Nothing seems to fit
一切都不顺心
Those raindrops...
那些雨点...
Why are you listening to this
你怎么在听这首歌
I was upset and this was the most angst filled song
我不开心 这首是我在老妈的唱片收藏里
I could find in Mom's record collection.
能找到的最充满愤怒的歌了
What's wrong
出什么事了
These are grown up problems.
这是大人的烦恼
You wouldn't understand.
你不会懂的
Okay bye.
那好 再见
I was the youngest student at the university and now...
我是大学里年纪最小的学生 现在...
I thought I wouldn't understand your problems.
不是说我不会懂你的烦恼吗
Well you're all I've got.
但我只有你这个倾诉对象
I always assumed
我一直认为
that I'd be the youngest student in grad school
我会是研究所里年纪最小的学生
and then the youngest person to win the Nobel Prize
也会是年纪最小的诺贝尔奖获得者
and now it's all slipping away.
然而现在这一切都在离我远去
No one cares how old you are.
没人在乎你的年纪
Really You don't think I get treated special
真的吗 你不觉得我得到特殊照顾
because of my age and intellect
都是因为我的年纪和才智吗
I guess you do get everything you want all the time.
你确实总能得到你想要的
See
对吧
And whenever you're obnoxious
你每次做出令人讨厌的事
it's always "Poor Sheldon he doesn't know any better."
他们就会帮你辩解 "可怜的谢尔顿不懂事"
Exactly. "Poor Sheldon."
没错 "可怜的谢尔顿"
At grad school everybody's going to be smart.
研究所里的每个人都很聪明
If I'm not the youngest how am I gonna stand out
如果我不是年纪最小的 我还怎么脱颖而出
Sheldon you're a kid talking about going to grad school.
谢尔顿 你是个正谈论着上研究所的小孩
You have no problems.
你不会有任何问题的
I knew you wouldn't understand.
我就知道你不会懂
I do instead of being a kid genius
我懂 你担心自己到时
you're worried you're just gonna be a regular genius
不是天才儿童 只是个普通天才
which is a stupid thing for a genius to worry about.
但作为天才还担心这种事 真的傻透了
Well stupid or not
不管傻不傻
I may not get to go to Caltech until I'm 15.
我15岁之前可能无法进入加州理工了
Wait this is about when you move out
等等 这事关你几时从家里搬出去住吗
Yes.
是的
I take it back this is a big deal.
我收回前言 这事非常重要
Because I'm free
因为我自由自在
Nothing's worrying me.
无忧无虑
All right.
So we're just gonna put you on tape
我们开机给你录一段
and see how it goes.
看看效果如何
Okay. Uh I'm ready.
好 我准备好了
Okay.
In three...
倒数三...
All right let's take a look at our forecast for tonight.
我们来看看今晚的天气预报
Winds from the west are headed our way
西边的冷风正朝我们吹来
taking temperatures down to a cool 43 degrees.
导致温度会降至6℃
But you know what they say in Texas
不过你也知道德州有句老话
if you don't like the weather wait five minutes.
如果你不喜欢此刻的天气 等五分钟就会变化
Actually I've never said that
其实我本人没说过这句话
but my Aunt Bonnie does.
但我姑妈邦妮倒是常挂在嘴边
She's not wrong though
她说得也没错
because those chilly days are gonna pass us by
那些阴冷的日子很快会过去
and by the weekend we're looking at sunny and 72.
到周末会变成晴天 气温也会升至22℃
Mandy was proving that new mothers
曼蒂证明了其他人能做的事
could do anything anyone else could do.
初为人母者同样能做到
In fact they could do more
事实上 她们能做到更多
like make their own milk
比如自己产乳
right there on camera.
就在镜头前
Everything okay
没事吧
Not if you live on the coast
住在沿海地区就有事了
because there is a storm front building
因为一场风暴正在酝酿
so we need to keep an eye on uh
我们需要留意...
these clouds
云团
right here.
就是这边这些
Uh but there's a low pressure system building
不过低气压系统正在生成
um over here
在这里
and uh
会...
well then that could bring rain to uh
带来降雨
to this whole area here.
到这边这个区域
So for Channel 7 weather
以上是7频道的天气预报
I'm Mandy McAllister. Good night.
我是曼蒂·麦卡利斯特 晚安
And I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my behavior.
我想为我之前的行为道歉
I realized that I'm going to age out
我认识到不管有没有你们的帮忙
of being a child prodigy regardless of your help.
我都会长到不再是神童的年纪
I appreciate that.
谢谢你这么说
It takes maturity to admit when you're wrong.
勇于承认错误是成熟的表现
I know even this apology is grown up.
就是说啊 连这句道歉都是大人才会做的
Well this is all a disaster.
这一切都是灾难
Son it's not. Believe me no one is more excited
不是的 相信我 没人比我
for you to go to grad school than I am.
更盼着你去读研究生
I don't know you should talk to my sister.
这可不一定 你该问问我妹妹
Anyway thank you for hearing me out.
总之 谢谢你们听我说完
Actually Sheldon I do have some news.
其实谢尔顿 我有新情况
I reached out to a colleague
我联系了一位同事
who's doing a summer research program
他正在海德堡大学
at the University of Heidelberg
做一项暑期研究项目
and I think I can get you in.
我应该能帮你加入
Heidelberg Germany
德国的海德堡吗
A summer program 5 000 miles away.
八千公里外的暑期项目
Only a fool would say no to that.
傻子才会拒绝
Well that would certainly help my grad school applications.
那绝对对我申请研究所有帮助
Yes and they're doing exciting work on superstrings.
没错 他们正在对超弦理论进行有意思的研究
Fantastisch. That's German for "fantastic."
妙哉 就是德语的"棒极了"
Ich helfe dir beim packen.
吾助汝具装
That's German for "I'll help you pack."
就是德语的"我会帮你收拾行李"
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片