Nobody else is stronger than I am
世上没人比我强壮
Yesterday I moved a mountain
昨天我移了一座山
I bet I could be your hero
我相信我能当你的英雄
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
谢尔顿 库珀
睿侠电池俱乐部会员卡
博物馆
德州自然科学
离开
梅 德 福
史前人类展 闭馆修缮中
Previously on Young Sheldon...
《少年谢尔顿》前情提要
Who are you
你是谁
I'm Paige. This is a very advanced class.
-我叫佩吉 -你知道这是十分进阶的课程吧
Do you know how to differentiate under the integral sign
那你知道怎么做莱布尼茨积分法则吗
No.
不会
Do you know anything
那你知道什么啊
I know you're in my spot.
我知道你坐了我的专座
These are parents we can actually relate to.
这是跟我们有共同之处的家长
Sounds good. Oh thank you Lord
-好主意 -感谢主 让我们能认识
for connecting us with the parents of another special child.
另一对有一个特别孩子的父母
You kids are special too.
你们俩孩子也很特别啊
I used to work at the practice with Barry but I had to quit
我以前在巴里的诊所上班 但后来不得不放弃了
once Paige's schedule started to get busy.
因为佩吉的日程排得很满
Well a unique child can require a lot of attention.
独特的孩子需要加倍的关注
Try all the attention.
是全部的关注吧
Barry it sounds like you might be feeling left out.
巴里 听起来你觉得自己被冷落了
Sometimes I do.
有时确实如此
Don't you get him another beer.
你别再给他啤酒了
Oh come on. You love this and you know it.
你也很享受看好戏 你心里清楚
They're as messed up as we are.
他们跟我们一样一团糟
From a young age I was the proud member
从小开始 我就是几个
of several elite organizations
精英组织骄傲的成员
The Radio Shack Battery Club
睿侠电池俱乐部
entitling the bearer to the incredible bargain
会员能享有超划算福利
of one free battery per month.
每个月能得到一个免费电池
It's no wonder they went out of business.
难怪它们最后倒闭了
Starfleet International entitling the bearer
《星际迷航》舰队国际会员卡 会员能享有
to say things like "I'm a member of Starfleet International."
说出"我是《星际迷航》舰队国际会员"的资格
And best of all the Natural Science Museum of Texas
还有最棒的就是 德州自然科学博物馆会员
which included a free subscription to their magazine.
会员能免费得到博物馆出的杂志
"The secrets of carbon isotope dating."
"碳同位素定年法的奥秘"
Juicy.
有料
Mom can you make the salad
妈 你可以帮我做色拉吗
Sure.
没问题
Hey don't put in any of those little tomatoes.
别加小番茄啊
Hey I don't tell you how to impersonate a lump of clay.
我没多嘴教你怎么当你这样的一坨黏土
You don't tell me how to make a salad.
你也别来教我怎么做色拉
There's going to be a lecture on carbon dating
这周六在自然科学博物馆会有
at the Natural Science Museum on Saturday.
碳同位素定年法的讲座
Who would like to take me
谁想要带我去呢
You know what I'd be happy to.
其实我非常乐意呢
What happened to helping me at my yard sale
那之前说好的帮忙我搞旧物拍卖呢
Ooh is that this Saturday
那是在这周六吗
I'm sorry.
抱歉啦
I'm taking him to a lecture on uh...
我得带他去听讲座...
what is it Carbonation
什么主题来着 碳化吗
Carbon dating. A method of determining
碳测年 一种用来测定
the age of artifacts and fossils.
史前文物与化石年份的方法
Hey we could use that to figure out how old your grandma is.
我们可以用这个方法来测你姥姥的年纪呢
That won't work.
这不管用
You can't carbon date something that's alive.
这方法没办法测活物的年份
Well then we'll just chop her down and count the rings.
那就把她给砍了然后数年轮吧
Oh George did my "lump of clay" remark strike a nerve
乔治啊 我喊你"一坨黏土"是不是伤到你啦
A little.
稍微吧
Dad do you believe that fossils are millions of years old
爸爸 你相信化石有上百万年的历史吗
I guess. Why
大概吧 怎么了
Well Mom believes the world was only created 6 000 years ago.
妈妈相信世界是在六千年前被创造出来的
Yeah. So
是啊 所以呢
Are these differences a sticking point in your marriage
这些思想差别不会让你们婚姻起冲突吗
Not at all.
完全不会
Why Simple.
-为什么 -很简单
We never talk about it.
我们从来不谈这些事
So you just avoid discussing topics you don't agree on
所以你们就避开聊会有分歧的话题吗
At all costs.
不惜一切代价避免
Hearing that further convinces me I'll never get married.
听完这番话我又更肯定要永不结婚了
Never say never.
永不说永不
Why not You just said it twice.
为何不行 你刚刚才说了两次
All right as soon as I get these tables set up on the lawn
好了 我把桌子都摆到草坪上后
y'all can start bringing that stuff out.
你们就可以开始把东西都搬出来了
You think you're gonna get ten bucks for this piece of junk
你觉得这垃圾能卖出去10块钱吗
Hey that piece of junk is a wedding gift
你说的那个垃圾可是我结婚时
from my cheap ass Cousin Betty.
我的铁公鸡亲戚贝蒂送的呢
And I was gonna leave a little room to haggle.
而且我预留了一点让人讲价的空间
What's a haggle
什么是讲价
Negotiating. You start high
谈判 你先开高价
they offer less then you meet somewhere in the middle.
他们会出低价 然后你们折中谈个价格
Leaves them feeling like you know they got a deal.
让他们觉得自己好像赚到了
Did they Not if you did it right.
-会赚到吗 -你聪明他们就赚不到
How much are we getting paid today
我们今天能得到多少辛苦费
You're not getting paid squat. You're helping out your meemaw.
你们得到个屁啦 你们是在帮忙姥姥
That doesn't seem fair.
这样不太公平吧
Yeah we should get something.
对啊 好歹有些报酬
Fine.
行吧
How much you want
你们想要多少钱
Five dollars. Each.
-5块钱 -每人
Each.
每人
That's pretty steep.
价钱挺高啊
How about I give you a buck apiece
我给你们两个一人1块如何
Let's meet in the middle... Three dollars each.
咱们折中吧 一人给3块
Now we're haggling.
现在这就是讲价了
Let me ask you a question.
让我问你们个问题
If you break something today
如果你们今天不小心打碎东西
are you prepared to cover the cost of that
你们准备好赔钱了吗
No. Nuh uh. Mm.
-没 -没有
Well we're gonna have to factor that in.
那我们得把这点算进来
And did you bring your own lunch
那你们自备午餐来了吗
You said we were getting pizza.
你说了我们会叫披萨吃
Well I did but pizza ain't free.
是啊 但披萨不是免费的
And I'm teaching you about negotiating
而且我还教了你们谈判
which is a pretty valuable life lesson right
这是人生挺宝贵的一课呢
Yeah. I guess so.
-是啦 -大概吧
So if my math is right
所以如果我没算错
you owe me... two dollars each.
你们一人欠我... 2块钱
We owe you
我们还欠你吗
The numbers don't lie.
数字不会骗人
Dang it.
All right listen.
好啦 听我说
I love ya and you're family
我爱你们 你们也是我的家人
so if you do it for nothing we'll call it even.
所以如果你们免费干活儿 这笔账当两清了
Take it take it take it.
接受 快接受吧
You got yourself a deal.
这笔生意我们同意了
Y'all drive a hard bargain.
你们俩可真是太会讲价了
Now start bringing that crap outside.
现在开始把这些垃圾搬出来吧
Oh my.
我的天啊
Yeah.
厉害
I bet he dresses down
我猜如果把它肉都割下来
to about 6 000 7 000 pounds of USDA prime.
估计能弄出大概3000公斤的顶级好肉
You would eat him
你会吃它肉吗
He'd eat me.
反过来他也会吃我啊
Wow. You're really cleaning house.
你真的是要大清仓呢
Got to get rid of the old gar bage
不清掉这些旧的垃圾
make room for the new gar bage.
怎么有位子放新的垃圾
This was Dad's.
这是爸爸的东西
You're not getting rid of this are you
你不会要把这个卖掉吧
Didn't need it when he shot it
在他射杀时就不需要它
didn't need it when he stuffed it
在他做标本时也不需要它
don't need it now. Really
-现在就更不需要它了 -真的吗
It was his first attempt at taxidermy.
这是他第一次尝试做动物标本的作品
He was so proud.
他可引以为傲了
If it has sentimental value to you
如果你对它有感情
I'll let you have it for five dollars.
我愿意5块钱卖给你
Ooh. For this nasty thing
5块钱买这个恶心玩意吗
Oh you're selling his golf clubs too
你也要卖掉他的高尔夫球杆吗
Which one of your children do you see
你那几个孩子里你能看出有谁
hanging out with Arnold Palmer in the future
哪天能跟高尔夫大神玩在一起吗
Dad's clothes his shoes his pipes
爸爸的衣服 鞋子 烟斗都卖吗
Honey it's just stuff.
亲爱的 这都只是俗物罢了
I know but still...
我知道 但是...
I get how you're feeling.
我理解你的感受
I do.
我真的明白
Now go away.
但现在赶紧滚蛋吧
I got a lot of crap to sell.
我还有很多垃圾要卖呢
All right now don't wander off.
到了 你听我说 不许乱跑
Pick you up right after the lecture's over.
讲座一结束我就来接你
Bye.
再见
You gonna be okay by yourself
你自己待着不会有问题吧
I actually prefer it.
我其实更喜欢独处呢
Yep. I'm leaving.
好吧 那我走啦
You keep saying that but then you don't do it.
你一直说要走 但脚一直不迈开
Bye.
再见
He's so needy.
他好粘人啊
Sheldon
谢尔顿
Paige
佩吉
I'm so happy to see you.
真高兴见到你
Are you happy to see me
你高兴见到我吗
Not immediately.
没有立刻就高兴
That's okay.
没关系
I'm happy enough for both of us.
我高兴的程度够两人份了
George
乔治
Hi.
您好
Oh Paige's mom.
我是佩吉的妈妈
I know.
我当然知道啦
What a nice surprise.
真是意外之喜啊
I just dropped Paige off at the carbon dating lecture.
我刚把佩吉带去听碳测年法的讲座
And I dropped Sheldon.
我也刚带谢尔顿去听
Well how about that
真是巧啊
How about it.
无巧不成书
Mind if I join you
不介意我坐下吧
Sure.
请坐
So uh where's your... your hubby
所以你的... 你的老公呢
Oh Barry Barry. Yeah.
-巴里吗 -对 巴里
Who cares
谁管他啊
That doesn't sound good.
这听起来不太对啊
Oh sorry. Just ignore me.
抱歉 你别理我
Okay.
Oh hey you want a wing
你要来一只鸡翅吗
Yeah no thank you.
不用了 谢谢
You mind if I watch the game
你不介意我看比赛吧
Oh no not at all. Enjoy.
不 完全不介意 你请看
I'll just see what kind of pie they have.
我在看他们这边提供哪些派
Well we were here last year when Arkansas...
我们去年也来了这里 当时阿肯色州...
It's getting a little tougher to ignore you.
有点难不注意到你啊
Oh. I'm sorry. It's just...
对不起 我只是...
Oh... forget it.
算了啦
Okeydoke.
恭敬不如从命
Fine I'll tell you. Barry and I haven't been in a good place
好啦 我告诉你 巴里跟我感情状况
in a long time and I...
已经不好很久了 而我...
I think we're headed for divorce.
我觉得我们可能要离婚了
I'm sorry. Uh...
我很遗憾
I don't know what to say.
我也不知道该说什么了
You don't have to say anything.
你不用特别说什么啦
That I can do.
这个我可以做到
They have cobbler.
这里有卖水果馅饼
All right everybody welcome.
好的 欢迎各位前来
Glad to see we got so many people interested
好高兴能看到有众多
in radioactive decay.
对放射性衰变感兴趣的朋友们
Well hello.
你们好啊
Hi. Hi.
-你好 -你好
This is a nice surprise.
真是没有想到呢
I don't usually see young people at my lectures.
我很少见到我的讲座上有这么年轻的朋友
I enjoyed your paper on accelerator mass spectrometry
我很喜欢您的加速剖谱法论文
and wanted to find out more.
想要来了解更多东西
Is that so
是这样吗
And you
那你呢
I read this magazine.
我读了这本杂志
It has puzzles too.
里面还有谜题呢
Okay.
行吧
Do you want to kick this off
你想不想在讲座开始时
and tell us exactly what carbon dating is
先跟大家说到底什么是碳测年法呢
The 5 730 year half life of carbon 14
碳14的5730年的半衰期
is used as a geochronometer.
被人们用来当做地质时标
Anything else you'd like to add
你有什么想补充的吗
carbon dating is how we figured out how old my grandmother is.
碳测年法能被用来检测我姥姥有多少岁
It was at this moment I learned
在那一刻我认识到了
I was not only brilliant I was also hilarious.
我不只聪明绝顶 我还幽默风趣
I mean you of all people would understand.
世界上所有人中 你应该是最能理解的了
You've got a special child of your own.
你自己也有一个特别的孩子
I do I do.
是的 我家有
How do you and Mary handle the stress
你跟玛丽是怎么承受这份压力的呢
Well we actually have a pretty good system.
我们其实有一个挺不错的方法
Oh please tell me.
求你教教我吧
We don't talk about it.
我们不谈这些事
Not at all
完全不谈吗
Zippo.
完全不
Boy that doesn't sound like it could work.
天啊 感觉这招不能行啊
Suit yourself but I'm having a nice day
随你怎么想 但我正过着美好的一天
you're crying into your peach cobbler.
而你对着桃子馅饼以泪洗面
For now let's neglect changes in the isotopic ratio
现在先忽略千年来空气里的
of the air over thousands of years.
同位素比的变化
This is pretty basic stuff.
这是好基本的东西
Yes.
是的
I'm bored.
我好无聊啊
Let's get out of here.
我们走吧
I can't. I told my dad
不可以 我跟我爸爸说好
I'd stay here until the end of the lecture.
我会在这里待到讲座结束
Okay. Be a baby.
行吧 当个小屁孩
I'm leaving.
我要走了
In our case the math yields
在这个案例中 算完的结果
approximately 48 000 years.
大概是在48000年
I was most certainly not a baby.
我绝对不是个小屁孩
If anyone was a baby it was she
如果要说谁是小屁孩 那肯定是她
because people who call other people babies
因为会叫别人小屁孩的人
are the real babies.
自己才是真正的小屁孩
Wait up.
等我
I like it.
我喜欢它
It likes you.
它也喜欢你
How much Five dollars.
-多少钱 -5块钱
I only have 50 cents.
我只有5毛钱
That's okay. We're haggling.
没关系 我们可以讲价
I don't know what that means.
我不懂这个词是什么意思
You make me an offer and we meet in the middle.
你出个价 然后我们折中谈个价
The middle of what
折哪个中
I'm not really sure.
我也不是很确定
What are you doing
你在干嘛
Considering buying this jacket.
考虑买这件夹克
I found chewing tobacco and Juicy Fruit in the pocket.
我还在口袋里找到了咀嚼用烟草与口香糖
Does that come with it or is it extra
这是随夹克附赠还是要钱
Actually that's not for sale.
其实这件是非卖品
Why don't you look for something else.
你看看别的东西吧
You sure There's a price tag on it.
你确定吗 上面贴了价钱呢
Just take it off.
脱下来就是了
Is this some kind of bargaining technique
这是什么独特的谈价招数吗
Because I should warn you.
我得先警告你
I've been to the bazaars in Istanbul
我曾经去过伊斯坦堡的市集
where the negotiations are fast furious and bilingual.
那里的讲价风风火火还得双语进行
Just take it off damn it.
少废话 老娘让你脱你就脱
What just happened
刚才是怎么回事
That's my dad's jacket.
那是先父的夹克
Still don't know what happened.
还是没懂哪里出了问题
Do you think humans will become extinct like the dinosaurs
你觉得人类有可能像恐龙一样灭绝吗
Yes but before that happens some of us will merge
可能 但当那一刻到来 我们其中一部分人
with computers and become immortal cyborgs.
会跟电脑合而为一 变成永生的电子人
That's a fascinating idea.
这是很不错的想法呢
Thank you.
谢谢
Did you get that from a TV show
你是从电视上学到的想法吗
No.
不是
A comic book.
是漫画啦
And then when Paige turned six it was obvious
当佩吉满6岁的时候 很明显
she wasn't like the other kids
她跟其他孩子完全不一样
and she needed a school where she could excel.
所以她需要去一间能让她大放异彩的学校
Uh huh. But Barry's dental practice
-嗯哼 -但巴里的牙科诊所
was 50 miles outside of Fayetteville
离费耶特维尔的学校有80公里远呢
and do you know what's available for extraordinary children
你知道离费耶特维尔有80公里远的孩子
50 miles outside of Fayetteville
还有什么别的选择吗
I'm gonna guess not much. Nothing.
-我猜没什么选择 -是什么都没有
So I packed us up and I made him move to Texas where
所以我打包了一切 让他带我们搬到德州来
believe it or not people do get cavities.
反正你猜怎么着 这里的人也有蛀牙
I believe it. I had a humdinger last summer.
我相信 我去年夏天也有过经验
Face swelled up like a cantaloupe.
脸肿到像个哈密瓜那么大
And do you know he's been cool to me ever since
而且你知道从那之后他就对我冷淡
even though his practice is making money
哪怕他的诊所在这赚大发了
hand over fist. Yeah yeah.
-钱都数不过来 -是啊是啊
And as much as he says I ignore him
尽管他总说我忽视他
he ignores me just as much.
他自己也没少忽视我好吗
I mean would it kill him to get a babysitter every once in a while
他偶尔请个保姆来看一下孩子会死吗
and take me to dinner maybe a movie
然后带我去吃顿晚饭 或看场电影
It would not.
绝对不会死
Oh darn. You didn't see me.
惨了 别说你有看见我
George
乔治
Hey.
你好啊
Paige's dad.
佩吉的爸爸
Barry. Yeah of course I remember.
巴里嘛 我当然记得你啦
What are you doing here
你在这里做什么呢
Uh just you know
你懂的
Sheldon wanted to go to a science lecture.
谢尔顿想去听科学讲座嘛
No kidding.
不是吧
We just dropped Paige off there.
我也刚送佩吉去听
You don't say.
真是巧啊
Caveman stuff. I love that.
穴居人的东西 我喜欢
Where are you going It's closed.
你要去哪里 这里关闭了
I can read... baby.
我认字好吗 小屁孩
Just so you know that won't work every time.
我告诉你 你这招不会一直有效的
You haven't uh seen Linda around have you
你没有在附近见到琳达吧
Linda.
琳达
Your wife Linda.
你老婆嘛 琳达
Yeah. No.
没见到
So what's new
近来可好
Oh not much.
没什么特别的
Hey you like football
你喜欢看橄榄球吗
No.
不喜欢
Well you sure It's a close game.
你确定吗 比分很接近的精彩比赛呢
Uh no no I'm uh more of a tennis man.
不了不了 我个人比较喜欢网球
Well those are two very different sports aren't they
这还真是两项非常不同的运动呢 对吧
George... can I confide in you
乔治 我能跟你吐露一些心事吗
This is oddly reminiscent of a dinner with my family.
这里莫名让我想起我家共进晚餐的画面
You're funny.
你真搞笑
I know.
我知道
My family never eats dinner together.
我家从来不一起共进晚餐
Why not
为什么不呢
My dad always manages to come home from work after we're done.
我爸爸总是能在我们吃饱饭后才到家
Hmm. My dad never misses a meal.
我爸爸从不错过任何一餐
Do you think Stone Age parents stayed together forever
你觉得石器时代的父母会一生相守吗
They had to. There were no lawyers.
必须啊 当时没有离婚律师
What
怎么
That was funny.
这话很好笑
Right we've established I'm funny.
是的 我们刚才已经说过我很搞笑了
Well I think my parents are getting a divorce.
我觉得我父母可能要离婚了
Why
为什么
They fight all the time.
他们整天吵架
About what Mostly me.
-吵什么呢 -吵我的事吧
Hmm. That's too bad.
那真是太遗憾了
I guess I'm lucky.
我想我很幸运吧
Why
为什么
I'm the glue that holds our family together.
我是把我家凝聚在一起的粘合剂
What are you kids doing in there
你们俩孩子在里面干嘛
Okay ten cents a week for a whole year.
行吧 一周1毛钱 付你一整年
I get the raccoon and to tell people you're my girlfriend.
我带走浣熊 然后跟别人说你是我女朋友
15 cents a week and if you say hello to me in school
一周1毛5 如果你在学校跟我打招呼
I'll say hello back.
我也会跟你打招呼
Deal.
成交
Connie I need to apologize.
康妮 我想向你道歉
Oh that's okay. Don't worry about it.
没事啦 别放在心上
No I am worrying about it.
不 我的确放心上了
I didn't realize that with you and I being in a relationship
我没意识到我跟你在交往
me wearing your dead husband's clothes
我穿着你去世丈夫的衣服
would be emotionally challenging for you.
会让你情绪上有些难接受
All right apology accepted.
好吧 我接受你的道歉
Thank you.
谢谢你
Are you okay
你还好吗
I guess I just didn't expect that getting rid of my...
我可能之前没有预料到卖掉我...
my husband's stuff was gonna hit me so hard.
我去世老公的东西会让我那么难受
He must have been a wonderful man.
他肯定是个很棒的男人
Well he had his moments.
他是有过他好的时候啦
He was married to a wonderful woman so that says a lot.
他娶了一个这么杰出的女性 肯定不一般
You're pretty wonderful yourself.
你也很棒啦
Thank you.
谢谢
Now let's talk about this hula girl lamp.
我们来聊聊这个草裙女郎灯
What's your best price
你能给我多便宜的价格
It's my gift to you.
我送你了
Nice haggle.
很会讲价啊
Nice mullet.
很会吃鱼排啊
Thanks again.
再次谢谢你们
Real sorry about this.
真的很抱歉
What were you thinking
你在想什么呢
I got bored.
我无聊了嘛
'Cause you're a baby.
因为你是个小屁孩
What happened
发生什么事了
Everything's fine.
没事了
They just wandered off.
他们俩乱跑了而已
Hey Linda nice to see you.
琳达 很高兴见到你啊
George Sheldon's dad.
我是乔治 谢尔顿的父亲
Oh sure yes. Hi.
当然 你好啊
Well good to see you folks.
很高兴见到你们
Take care.
保重
Did you know that her parents are getting a divorce
你知道她父母要离婚的事吗
Just keep walking. Keep walking.
多动脚 少动嘴
What... what is that for
这... 这是干嘛
Well can't I appreciate my wife
我不能感激我的娇妻吗
What did you do now
你又做了什么事
I didn't do anything.
我没做什么啊
Want to hear something cool
想听一件很酷的事吗
Sheldon skipped out of that lecture
谢尔顿翘了那堂讲座
with that little Paige girl snuck into a closed exhibit.
跟那个佩吉姑娘一起溜进了关闭的展览场
You're kidding. True.
-不是吧 -是真的
Even got uh "arrested" by the museum security cops.
而且还被博物馆安保人员给"逮捕"了
Why would you think that's cool
那你觉得是哪里酷了呢
Sheldon got into trouble with a girl
谢尔顿跟个姑娘一起惹了麻烦
I'm bursting with pride.
我真是骄傲到不行啊
You know what I don't want to talk about it.
你知道吗 我不想谈这件事
There right there.
没错 就是这个
That's why I love you.
这就是为什么我爱你
You gonna eat your beans
你要吃你的豆子吗
Yeah I'm gonna eat my beans. Duh.
当然 我要吃我的豆子
What about your tots
那你的薯块呢
Those too. Georgie
-我也要吃 -小乔治
Just eat your own dinner.
吃你自己盘里的食物
Dad Can't have my tots either
-老爸 -你也别想吃我的薯块
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片