Nobody else is stronger than I am
世上没人比我强壮
Yesterday I moved a mountain
昨天我移了一座山
I bet I could be your hero
我相信我能当你的英雄
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
Since the 1970s home video games
打从1970年代起 家庭电子游戏机
have been coveted by children around the world.
就受到全球各地小朋友的垂涎
I was not one of those children.
我不是其中的小朋友之一
What do you think I won it bowling.
怎么样 我打保龄球赢来的
It was either that or a Crock Pot
只能换这个或者是慢炖锅
and I already got three of those
我家里已经有三个慢炖锅了
so I thought I'd surprise you.
所以我就想给你个惊喜
No thank you. Video games are for children.
不了 多谢好意 游戏机是给小孩玩的
Sheldon you are a child.
谢尔顿 你就是个小孩
I just blew the hot off your SpaghettiOs.
我刚刚还帮你把罐装意面给吹凉呢
I'm sorry Meemaw
真的很抱歉 姥姥
I just don't think it's a very productive use of my time.
但我觉得玩这个太浪费我的宝贵时间
You're a man of science.
你是投身科学的人
Aren't you interested in doing a little research here
难道你就没兴趣来这里面做点调研吗
"Brave adventurer prepare to enter a world
"勇敢的冒险家 准备好投身进入一个
beyond your imagination.
超乎你想象的世界
Where the only sound you'll hear is your own heart pounding
在这里面 你唯一能听到的声音
as you race through the dark woods."
是你穿越黑暗森林时 心脏砰砰跳的声音"
This sounds terrifying. Really
-这感觉很可怕 -你不是吧
You don't even want to try it
你都不想玩玩看吗
Honestly I'd have more fun with the Crock Pot.
说实话 你换个慢炖锅我可能玩得更开心
Fine. I'll just play by myself.
行 那我自己去玩
That's amusing. ‭Why
-真好玩 -怎么了
I guess it's the juxtaposition of an old person using new technology
大概是把老年人跟使用新科技放在一起吧
it tickles me.
仿佛挠了我的笑穴
What if this old person really tickles you
那要是这个老年人真的挠你痒呢
I'll play I'll play
我玩 我玩
I'm not getting any younger.
老身寿元无多啦
I have to read the instructions first.
我得先读完说明书啊
Did you know this document gives us specific legal rights
你知道这份文件赋予了我们特定的合法权利吗
We may also have other rights which vary from state to state
还得到了一些随着各州法律不同而变的权利
I did not.
我不知道
Well now you do.
现在你知道啦
All right I'm ready. Great
-好了 我准备好了 -太好啦
To read the manufacturer's warranty.
准备好读制造商保修声明了
Oh you're killing me.
我要被你逼死啦
赫歇尔的修车厂
Hey George how y'all been
乔治 你们好吗
Good good. Hey fixed your place up looking snazzy.
很好很好 你把厂重新打理得很不错啊
Ah thanks. Even got a new water cooler.
谢谢 还弄了个新款饮水机呢
It's got those pointy cups look like Madonna's bra.
还附赠了尖角杯 像麦当娜的那种胸罩
So what's going on with your truck
所以你的卡车有什么问题
other than the fact it's got 130 000 miles on it
除了它已经开了20万公里了
She been running hot. I'm worried I need a new radiator.
它最近温度有些高 有点担心需要换新散热片
As your friend and neighbor I hope not
以你朋友与邻居的身份 我希望它没坏
but as a businessman that'd be pretty sweet.
以商人的身份来说 坏了我就赚了
It could just be the thermostat not opening right.
有可能只是引擎节温器出了问题
That is correct.
正确
How'd you know that
你怎么会知道这个
I took auto repair last year.
我去年修了汽车修理课
And you actually paid attention
你还真的认真听课啦
I'm as surprised as you are.
我自己比你还惊讶好吗
Now we need to put in a name before we start.
开始游戏前我们得先给角色取名
What are you thinking
你有什么想法
We should combine the letters in our two names
我们应该合并我们俩的名字字母
Sheldon and Meemaw.
谢尔顿与姥姥
Like uh... ShelMaw
比如谢尔姥吗
No using all the letters like...
不是 得用上所有字母 比如...
Emelda Showmen.
艾默达·休曼
Did you just do that in your head
这是你刚才在脑中就想出来的吗
Yes why
是啊 怎么了
Never mind just put it down.
没什么 那就取这个吧
输入你的名字:
All right here we go.
好了 开玩吧
I thought I was playing.
我还以为是我来玩
You don't know how to play you didn't read the manual.
你不知道怎么玩啊 你没读说明书
You're in charge Emelda.
你来掌控吧 艾默达
Thank you.
谢谢
Should I go left or right
我该往左还是往右
Why don't you try going in that cave
你为什么不试试走近洞穴
Why would I do that It's probably dangerous.
我为什么要走进去 里面估计有危险
Sheldon they wouldn't have put the cave there
谢尔顿 他们要是不想玩家进去
if they didn't want you to go in it.
就不会在那里放一个洞穴啦
Seems unnecessarily reckless but okay.
感觉不必要地莽撞 但行吧
Dark and dangerous.
黑暗又危险
I told you.
我跟你说了吧
Just keep going.
你就继续往下走就是了
The box was right my heart is pounding.
盒子上写的真没错 我的心脏砰砰跳
All right
好啦
good news.
有个好消息
Tell me.
告诉我
Well the kid was right
这孩子说得没错
it's just the thermostat.
只是节温器出了问题
Yeah yeah. So how long to fix it
行吧行吧 那要多久才能修好
Nothing 20 minutes. Can I help
-很快 20分钟就好 -能让我帮忙吗
Well sure. Grab yourself a pair of coveralls and have at it.
没问题 去穿好工作服就来大展身手吧
Thanks.
谢谢
Really
你不是吧
I'm paying you so my own son can fix my truck
我付钱给你来让我儿子修我的车吗
Well we could have my son do it
我们也可以让我儿子来修啊
but we know how that's gonna end.
但我们都知道结果会如何
What are you doing
你在干嘛啊
Kill him ‭I'm trying
-杀他啊 -我在努力
Well what's the problem
那你是举不动刀了还是怎么
I seem to have weak thumbs.
我好像大拇指不太有力
Pause it.
暂停
I'm a little winded.
我有一点气喘吁吁
Why don't you let the old person give it a shot
你何不让老年人来试试火力呢
Would you like me to give you a tutorial first
你想要我先给你来一段新手教程吗
Give it to me. I'll figure it out.
手柄给我 我自己能弄明白
We are such different people Meemaw.
我们不一样啊 姥姥
Thank you.
谢谢
Die you sumbitches die
死吧 你们这群狗逼 死吧
Very different people. Die you son bitches
-非常不一样 -死吧 你们这群狗逼
When I grow up will I be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader
我长大会成为达拉斯牛仔队的拉拉队员吗
"Not likely." Darn it.
"很难" 可恶
Did you tell her
你跟她说了吗
Why don't you tell her
你为什么不自己告诉她
Tell me what
告诉我什么
Herschel offered me a part time job.
赫歇尔愿意让我去他那里打工
Really
真的吗
Between that
又要打工
and football practice when would you do your homework
又要橄榄球队练习 你什么时间写作业
When does he do it
他什么时候写过作业了
Are you okay with this
你没意见吗
Yeah I think it'll be good for him.
没意见 我觉得对他也有好处
I don't know I think his education should come first.
我不知道了 我觉得学习应该摆在第一位
Come on Mom. It's not like I'm gonna graduate
拜托 妈 我又不是能以
"Val dictator torian."
毕业"独裁生"代表毕业的料
You heard him.
你听到他的话了
Fine but I want you here for dinner every night
行吧 但你每天得在晚饭前回来
and if your grades slip you are done.
如果你成绩下滑 这事就没戏
Thank you. ‭Now go wash up.
-谢谢 -现在去洗手准备吃饭
And don't get grease all over my towels.
不许把油污弄得我毛巾上都是
He really did know his stuff at the shop. It was impressive.
他是真的挺了解修车的东西 令人刮目相看
All right well maybe it'll be a good thing.
好吧 或许能是一件好事
How about a Houston Oilers cheerleader
休斯顿油工队的拉拉队员呢
"Signs point to yes." I'm gonna marry a quarterback.
"有可行的征兆" 我要嫁给一个明星球员了
Over the next few days
在接下来的几天
I ran to my meemaw's house
我放学后都冲向姥姥家
so we could save the 8 bit princess.
好一起拯救8位元的像素公主
And if it's unclear how important this was
如果刚才的话没表达出这事有多重要
let me say it again I ran.
让我再重新说一次 我冲了
Right behind you monster monster
在你后面 有怪兽 有怪兽
I see him
我看到了
You're losing life points do something
你掉血了 做点什么啊
Calm down I've got this.
冷静 我能搞定
No no no you're going to die
不行 不行 你要死了
We're going to have to restart this level
死了我们就得重新打这关了
Okay we need to set a few ground rules.
好了 我们得定几个规矩
Rules love 'em.
规矩 我喜欢
Mazes puzzles panic attacks
迷宫 解谜 恐慌症发作
you're in charge.
你来负责
Whooping monster butt that's my purview.
干掉怪兽 这由我来管
Understood. However...
明白 但是...
Excuse me. Is there a monster on that screen
不好意思 画面上有看到怪兽吗
Yes ma'am.
有的 女士
And can two players swing the magic sword ‭No.
-魔法剑能由两名玩家同时挥舞吗 -不能
So what does that mean as we go forward
那之后碰到这种情况我们该如何
I have to shut my yap.
我得闭上我的鸟嘴
Attaboy.
乖孩子
Can I still have a panic attack
那我还可以恐慌症发作吗
If you do it quietly.
如果你默默发作就行
No no no.
不 不要 不要啊
So me and Herschel dropped the engine on this Pacer today.
我跟赫歇尔今天把一台车的引擎给卸了
It was so cool.
太酷了
I had a buddy in high school had a Pacer
我高中也有一个朋友有同款车
with the flames painted on the side
车身喷了火焰的图案
which was funny 'cause the damn thing caught fire
还挺好笑的 因为那台破车
during the Homecoming parade.
在返校日游行时着火了
Too bad he didn't know Herschel.
可惜他不认识赫歇尔
He can fix anything. Guy's a genius.
他什么都能修好 他就是个天才
You mean a car genius.
你是指车界天才
Is Dad getting his feelings hurt "Yes."
爸爸是不是伤心了 "是的"
The ball don't lie.
占卜8号球不会说谎
Sorry
抱歉
Excuse us.
打扰了
Thank you.
谢谢
See you later.
回见
There it is The cyclops
它来了 独眼巨人
I see it Get it get it
-我看到了 -干掉它 干掉它
I'm trying Use the sword
我在试着呢 用剑砍啊
Use the sword Your yap is open again.
-用剑啊 -你的鸟嘴又张开了
Hello
你们在干嘛
What
干嘛
It's past his bedtime. Let's go.
过了他该上床的时间了 该走了
Oh come on five more minutes
别这样嘛 再玩五分钟
No. Now say good night to your grandson.
不行 跟你孙子说再见吧
You'll play with him again tomorrow.
你明天再跟他玩
Good night Sheldon.
晚安啦 谢尔顿
Good night Meemaw.
晚安 姥姥
Don't play without me.
不可以趁我不在的时候玩啊
Of course not.
当然不会啦
How old are you
你都几岁人啦
And I got my answer.
我知道答案了
Hey neighbor what's up
好邻居 怎么啦
Sorry to bother you so late
抱歉这么晚来打扰你
but one of my guys called in sick tomorrow...
但我有个员工刚打来明天请病假
So we couldn't find the key to the palace
我们找不到打开宫门的钥匙
but then I figured out it was in the hay behind the stables.
但我想出它就藏在马厩后的干草堆里
Great.
很棒
Hey Herschel. Mary.
-你好啊 赫歇尔 -玛丽
I also found us extra life points inside a demon.
我还在恶魔体内找到了额外的生命点数
There are demons in this game
这游戏里还有恶魔吗
Don't worry Meemaw cut his head off.
别担心 姥姥把它的脑袋砍下来了
Anyhoo uh I was wondering
总之 我想问问
if Georgie could come by after school tomorrow and help me out.
小乔治明天放学后能否来帮我忙
Oh I don't know Herschel he's got football practice.
我说不好 赫歇尔 他还有橄榄球训练
‭What's going on
怎么了
Herschel's asking if you want to work after school.
赫歇尔问你明天放学后想不想去打工
Great I'll be there.
好啊 我会去的
What about football What about it
-那橄榄球怎么办 -什么怎么办
I mostly sit on the bench all day.
我通常都是坐冷板凳从头坐到尾而已
That's because you got to earn your way on to first string.
那是因为你得付出努力才能打首发啊
Or I can earn some money working for Herschel.
又或者我可以给赫歇尔打工 赚点零花
Why don't you and I talk a bit before you make a decision
我俩谈完你再做决定 怎么样
Sorry I I didn't mean to cause a problem.
抱歉 我没要给你们造成麻烦
I'll find somebody else. Y'all have a good night.
我会找别人帮忙 二位晚安
Night Herschel. Night.
-晚安 赫歇尔 -晚安
Thanks a lot.
真"谢谢"你啊
You really want to quit football to go work in a garage
你真想放弃橄榄球 去修车厂工作吗
Hell yeah.
当然
I thought you loved the game.
我还以为你热爱橄榄球
I do but look at me. I weigh 125 pounds.
我是喜欢 但你看看我 只有56公斤的小身板
That's not important. It's not
-这不重要 -不重要吗
Every time I get tackled somebody's got to run over
每次我被擒抱摔倒 都得有人拿着嗅盐
with smelling salts just to wake me back up.
冲过来给我闻 我才能清醒过来
Well this isn't your decision. You're gonna play football.
这事轮不到你来决定 你要去练橄榄球
You can't make me.
你不能逼我
Oh yeah Wait and see.
是吗 走着瞧
Screw this.
去你的
Even while sleeping
即使在睡梦中
my quest to save the princess continued
我拯救公主的征途也未停歇
which was quite a departure from my usual dreams
这跟我平时做的梦很不一样
such as determining the coolest prime number
比如在梦中决定哪个质数最酷
which by the way is 73.
顺便告诉你们 是73啦
在本集结尾有详细理由的标注
谢尔顿到长大后都还喜欢着73
Kill it Meemaw Kill it
杀了它 姥姥 杀了它
What do you think I'm trying to do It won't die.
你以为我在干什么 它就是打不死啊
Maybe you need a different weapon.
或许你需要换个武器
I already tried the slingshot and the boomerang.
我已经试过弹弓和回旋镖了 都不行
All I have left is the damn flute.
我只剩下一支没鬼用的长笛
It's a piccolo. Didn't you pay attention
这是短笛 那个老妇人给我们时
when the old lady gave it to us
你没认真听吗
Hello Meemaw.
-喂 -姥姥
I'm sorry for waking you but I know how to kill the cyclops.
抱歉吵醒你了 但我知道怎么才能杀死独眼巨人了
We have to play the piccolo.
我们得吹响那支短笛
Ooh. What a great idea moonpie.
真是个好主意 小饼饼
We'll try it tomorrow.
我们明天试试
Excellent... Wait.
太好了 等等
How'd you answer your phone so fast It's not next to your bed.
你怎么这么快就接起电话 电话离你床很远啊
Uh well actually I was on my way to the bathroom.
其实我正好起来要去厕所啦
You know us old people and our bladders.
你也知道老人膀胱憋不住
I'll call you right back.
我等会再打给你
That fibber.
撒谎精
You're playing the game right now.
你现在正在打游戏
I am not.
我才没有
I saw you with my binoculars.
我用望远镜看到你在打
Oh. How about that.
真是没料到啊
You promised not to play without me.
你答应过会等我一起玩的
We're a team. Emelda Showmen remember
我们可是搭档 艾默达·休曼 记得吗
I'm turning off the game and going to sleep right now.
我这就关掉游戏 上床睡觉
You'd better.
你最好是
I love you good night.
我爱你 晚安
Binoculars for his birthday.
送他望远镜当生日礼物
What was I thinking
我当时怎么想的
Where's Georgie
小乔治呢
Don't worry about it.
不用担心
I wasn't worried.
我没担心
I was practicing chitchat.
只是在练习与人闲聊
Your mother's taking him to school.
你妈会送他上学
That's not very efficient. Our car's already going there.
这样效率不高啊 我们的车本来就要开去学校
Not that it's any of your business
这事与你无关
but I needed a break from your brother.
不过我要暂时跟你哥保持距离
I certainly understand that. He's an acquired taste.
我无比理解你 适应他这种怪胎需要时间
Like Grape Nuts.
就像全麦谷物早餐
The first time I tried it I thought I was eating gravel.
我第一次吃的时候 以为自己在吃碎石子
But then I put a little sugar on it and let it get soggy.
但之后我加了一点糖 并把它泡软些再吃
Now it's in my top six cereals.
现在它高居我最爱麦片的第六位
I'll try soaking Georgie in a bowl of milk.
我再试试把小乔治泡进一碗牛奶里
Sarcasm
这是讽刺吗
Yeah.
是的
I had a feeling.
我猜到了
The clue was you don't normally put people in bowls of milk.
线索在于 通常不会把人放进一碗牛奶里
I'm Sheldon Cooper's grandmother
我是谢尔顿·库珀的姥姥
and uh I need to take him out of school today.
我需要带他离开学校
Sure. What's the reason
好的 请问是什么原因
His Aunt Emelda's not doing well
他的姨妈艾默达病得很重
and has asked to see him 'fore she goes.
希望临终前能见他一面
Oh I am so sorry.
我很遗憾
Does she want to see his older brother also
她也想见见谢尔顿的哥哥吗
Nah. She doesn't like him as much.
不 她没那么喜欢他
Okay. I'll just track down Sheldon then.
好吧 那我去找谢尔顿
Boy do I love a pop quiz.
老天 我真喜欢突击测验
Will Sheldon Cooper please come to the main office
请谢尔顿·库珀到总务处来
"Ooh " What
你们怪叫什么
This is hooky Meemaw.
这是逃学 姥姥
Hooky is a serious offense.
逃学是严重的违规行为
You're messing with me right
你在逗我吧
Any other kid would be thrilled their grandma
其他孩子被他们姥姥带离学校去打游戏
took them out of school to play a video game.
都会开心死了
You've known me ten years.
你都认识我十年了
When have I ever messed with you
我几时有逗过你
I didn't see your kid at practice today.
我今天没看到你儿子去练球
Everything all right
没出什么事吧
Not really.
没什么
That's it You're not gonna ask me what's going on
就这样 你都不问我怎么回事吗
I just did. You shut me out.
我问了 你拒绝回答
Well it doesn't mean you can't persist a little.
那你也可以追问一下嘛
You know this is the kind of crap I get from my wife.
我老婆才会跟我玩这种无聊闹剧
I do not need it from you.
我不要跟你也来这套
Sorry.
对不起
You're really not gonna ask
你真的不打算问吗
Oh boy.
老天
Well moonpie this is it.
小饼饼 成败在此一举
Our final dungeon.
最后一个地牢
Hard to believe.
难以置信啊
Yeah.
就是啊
Would you like to fight the last boss
你想打最终大魔王吗
You think I'm ready
你觉得我准备好了
We couldn't have gotten here without you.
没有你 我们不可能走到这一步
Well except for the part you did when I was sleeping.
除了你在我睡觉时玩的部分
We're having a moment here. Don't ruin it.
现在气氛正佳 你别给毁了
I've fought many digital battles in my life
我一生中打过无数场数字战役
but none are as memorable as this first one with my meemaw.
但我跟姥姥携手打的第一场是最难忘的
By handing me the controller
她把手柄交给我
she was telling me she believed in me.
意味着她信任我
That inside my small fragile frame beat the heart of a hero.
她相信我瘦弱的身体内 跳动着一颗英雄的心脏
Behind you behind you What're you doing
在你后面 在你后面 你在瞎搞什么
Hit the A. Hit... I know I'm pressing it.
-按A键 快按 -我知道 我按了
Hit the A button. I'm pressing it.
-按A键啊 -我按了
Throw a bomb throw the bomb Which way
-扔炸弹 快扔炸弹 -朝哪边
Throw the bomb.
扔炸弹啊
Hey. You up for some company
要不要一起喝啊
Sure. Come on in.
好啊 请进
Sorry about the light beer
抱歉只有淡啤酒
but Brenda's got me on this health kick.
但布兰达要我注意健康
You are melting away.
立竿见影 要成皮包骨啦
Shut up. So listen...
闭嘴啦 我说
I feel bad about Georgie and this whole football thing.
我对小乔治不练橄榄球的事感到很内疚
Thanks but it's not on you.
谢谢 但这事不怪你
I appreciate that but you got to know
谢谢你这么说 但你得知道
there's an upside to this.
这其实有好处
And that would be
什么好处
Your son has got a special gift.
你儿子有特别的天赋
A gift
天赋吗
We are talking about Georgie right
我们在说小乔治 对吧
Yeah. I mean first off the kid really knows his way
是啊 首先 这孩子对引擎
around an engine which is all well and good.
很懂行 这一点很棒
But when it comes to fixing tires
但说到修轮胎
I swear I've never seen anything like him.
我发誓 我从没见过像他这么有天分的人
Tires How do you mean
轮胎 什么意思
George I've been patching flats for 25 years.
乔治 我补胎补了25年了
You know slap some soapy water on them
你知道的 就是浇一些肥皂水到轮胎上
look for the air bubble.
找找哪里有气泡
But your son he doesn't need any tricks.
但你儿子 他不需要这些技巧
He knows where the puncture holes are.
他知道爆胎的洞在哪里
He knows
他知道
He knows.
他知道
He's got a sixth sense for tire damage.
他在轮胎损坏方面有超强第六感
I mean you got to see him in action.
你得亲眼看他补胎才知道
I It'll give you chills.
会让你起鸡皮疙瘩呢
You know now that you say it
你说起来
whenever we had a leaky football
确实每次橄榄球漏气时
he knew exactly where the hole was.
他都知道破洞在哪里
I am telling you your boy's got a future in the tire business.
我告诉你 你儿子在轮胎行业很有前途
Goodyear Firestone somebody's gonna scoop him up first round.
固特异 风驰通 一定会有大公司抢着挖他去
Thanks Herschel. That does my heart good.
谢了 赫歇尔 我听了很欣慰
So I guess you got two geniuses in the family.
看来你家有两个天才
Guess I do.
好像是呢
Who knows maybe Missy'll make it three.
谁知道呢 没准米希是第三个
Or it's two.
或者就两个
艾默达 休曼
谢谢你救了我
I won. I saved the princess.
我赢了 我救了公主
I knew you could do it
我就知道你能做到
Yes We saved her
好棒 我们救了她
We saved the princess We did it
我们救了公主 我们成功了
We did it. ‭Yep.
-我们成功了 -对
So now what
现在怎么办
We just return to our ordinary lives
我们就这样回归到平庸的生活吗
I guess so.
我想是吧
Or... we could just go to the store and buy another game.
或者 我们可以到店里 再买一个游戏
Since that night I've battled orcs zombies
从那晚开始 我对战过半兽人 丧尸
Nazis Nazi zombies a dinosaur in a go kart
纳粹 纳粹丧尸 坐卡丁车的恐龙
and played Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher"
还用无弦塑料吉他弹过范·海伦乐队的
on a stringless plastic guitar.
《献给老师的激情》
But nothing would ever compare
但没有一个比得上
to that first quest with my meemaw.
我和姥姥共同完成的第一次挑战
Although Leonard pulling a groin muscle
虽然莱纳德玩《热舞革命》跳舞机
doing Dance Dance Revolution was a close second.
拉伤了鼠蹊部肌肉那次紧随其后排在第二
Talk to me. Tell me where it hurts.
跟我说吧 告诉我哪里疼
Unchained Melody Alex North
电影《人鬼情未了》知名插曲
Got you.
找到了
I got goosebumps.
我起鸡皮疙瘩了
"73是第21个质数 把73反过来的37是第12个质数
谢尔顿在《生活大爆炸》第四季第10集说过
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片