Nobody else is stronger than I am
世上没人比我强壮
Yesterday I moved a mountain
昨天我移了一座山
I bet I could be your hero
我相信我能当你的英雄
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
Previously on Young Sheldon...
《少年谢尔顿》前情提要
You can't be my lab assistant.
你不能当我的实验助手
There's a wait list of students
排队要抢那个位子的学生
and I just can't give you special treatment.
我不能就这么给你特殊待遇
Not with that attitude.
要想成 你得改改态度
Hello
哪位
Can I be your lab assistant
我能当你的实验助手吗
If I say yes will you please stop hounding me
如果我答应你 你可以别烦我了吗
Absolutely. Fine you win.
-当然 -行 你赢了
I understand my role here.
我很清楚自己在这的身份
In fact I noticed a flaw in your reaction rate
事实上 我注意到你的反应速率有错误
but I kept it to myself because I know my place.
但我绝口不提 因为我懂得守本分
What is it Nice try.
-是什么错 -演技挺好
Fire Fire
着火了 着火了
Was it too much oxygen in the reagents
试剂里是不是含太多氧了
See you didn't need my help after all.
瞧 你根本不需要我帮忙
My role as Dr. Linkletter's lab assistant
我在当林克莱特博士的助手的这事上
was progressing nicely.
进步神速
I had mastered operating the manual particle collector
我充分掌握了人工粒子收集器的使用
aka a broom.
也就是俗称的扫把
I may not always recognize sarcasm
我或许不是每次都能听出别人在讽刺
but I sure know how to use it.
但我绝对也是讽刺的一名好手
Sheldon
谢尔顿
I've hit a bit of a roadblock with the solar neutrino detector.
我在太阳中微子探测仪上碰到了一点瓶颈
Why don't you come have a look
要不你来看看吧
Are you saying you would like me to take part in your experiment
你的意思是希望我加入你的实验吗
Well I think a fresh set of eyes might be helpful.
当局者迷嘛 请个旁观者或许能有帮助
Because my previous observations proved correct
因为我之前的旁观结果被证实是正确的吗
Yes.
是的
And had you listened to me the lab wouldn't have caught fire
如果你之前听我的 实验室就不会着火对吗
Yes.
对啦
So just to be clear at the tender age of 11
我确认一下 在稚嫩的11岁那年
I'll be officially participating in an academic study.
我将正式加入学术研究中吗
Will you do it or not
你到底来不来
Absolutely. Here you go.
当然 这个给你
What am I supposed to do with this
你把这个给我干嘛
Well if you can't figure that out no wonder you need my help.
如果你连这都参不透 难怪你需要找我帮忙
Do we have another hair dryer
家里还有吹风机吗
This one broke.
这只坏掉了
Just use a towel.
你就用毛巾擦干嘛
So my hair can look like yours
然后变成你这种发型吗
I don't think so.
我才不要
Go look in the garage.
去车库里翻翻吧
Thank you.
谢谢
I like my hair.
我喜欢我的发型
I may have been part of an academic study
虽然我加入了学术研究之中
but I wasn't the only Cooper
但我并不是库珀家
on the verge of making a great discovery.
唯一一个即将有大发现的人
Sheldon's tests.
谢尔顿以前的考卷
I'm gonna be rich.
我要发大财啦
Missy ten minutes.
米希 再10分钟出门
Okay.
Whatcha looking at
你在看什么呢
Uh just Pastor Jeff and Mrs. Sparks.
就看杰夫牧师与斯巴克斯太太
They were out there the other day too.
他们之前也有一起散步过啊
How come you don't go with them
你怎么没跟他们一起
They didn't invite me.
他们没邀请我
Ouch.
真惨
Rough start to your day.
这一天开始就难受啦
So the problem that I'm running into
所以我目前遇到的难题是
is I can't get the inner sphere
我没办法让内球体
to remain suspended in the buffer liquid.
成功悬浮在缓冲液里
Have you tried wrapping the sphere in copper wire
你试过在球体外缠上铜线吗
I did but it just slips out.
试过了 会滑出来
Perhaps we could suspend it in some sort of sleeve.
或许我们可以把它套在什么套子里
That would prevent light from getting through.
可是这样会挡住光的照射
I wonder if my thinking would be more effective
我很好奇如果我有胡须可以捋
if I had a beard to stroke.
我思考会不会更有效率
It's one of the few aspects of puberty I'm looking forward to.
这是我对青春期少有的几个期待之一了
Hey Tam.
‭What if I told you
如果我跟你说
you didn't have to study for your chemistry test tonight
你今晚不用准备明天的化学考试了 你会如何
Why
为什么
'Cause I found this.
因为我找到了这个
Cool.
牛逼
But how do you know we're gonna get the same test
那你怎么知道我们明天会考同一份考题
I checked we've been taking the same ones all year.
我确认过了 考题每年都是重复的
And teachers call us lazy
这些老师居然还敢骂我们懒吗
I know.
就是说嘛
Well thank you.
好吧 谢啦
Hold on now. I ain't just givin' it away.
你别急 我这东西可不是拿来送的
How much
你要多少钱
Five bucks.
5块
It's worth it.
值得
If I get another B my mom will kill me.
我再考一次B 我妈会宰了我
Hey I don't just sell tests.
我卖的可不只是考卷
I bring families together.
是一家团圆
Get this.
你猜怎么着
I drove past the Methodist church
我开车经过卫理教派的教堂
and you know what the sign out front said
你猜他们教堂外的标语写了什么
What
什么
"Friendship pirate ship try the best ship worship."
"友谊海贼船 都比不上信仰"
Clever.
蛮棒的哏
That was our sign last year I wrote that
这是我们去年用过的标语 是我写的
Isn't the most important thing
但最重要的事情难道不是
that it might get more people to go to church
让更多的人愿意上教堂吗
But whoever did it has the sin of stealing
但这个凶手犯下了盗窃之罪
on their soul now so at least there's that.
灵魂有了污点 这事跑不掉
There you go.
那就行啦
Oh um...
对了
I saw you and Brenda Sparks
我看到你跟布兰达·斯巴克斯
out for a walk this mornin'.
今早在外面散步呢
That's fun. Yeah.
-感觉挺有趣啊 -对啊
Nice way to start the day.
一大早散步挺有益身心的
Yeah. Um...
是啊 那个...
I'd go with George
我也想找乔治一起去散步
but he's a gym teacher
但他是体育老师
and as a group they're not much for walkin'.
他们这些体育老师好像都不爱走动
Well you keep asking maybe he'll come around.
你就一直磨他嘛 或许哪天就顽石点头了
Good idea thank you.
好主意 谢谢你
It's not just witty church signs up here.
这里面可不止装了教堂标语金句
I never thought a sphere suspended in mineral oil
我从没想过球体悬浮在矿物油中
could be so exciting.
能这么让人兴奋
Eight minutes and it hasn't moved.
已经坚持8分钟没有移动了
So far so good.
目前情况十分良好
Oh boy my heart is pounding.
妈呀 我小心脏砰砰跳
I hope I don't turn into an adrenaline junkie.
希望我不会变成一个爱玩心跳的人
What's going on in there
你们在忙什么呢
This is a prototype of a solar neutrino detector.
这是一个太阳中微子探测仪的原型机
We need to keep the sphere suspended
我们得让这球完美悬浮固定在
precisely in the scintillator.
这个闪烁体之中
Speaking of scintillating...
说到闪烁又光彩熠熠
No. Sorry.
-少来 -失礼了
Darn it.
可恶
Ah the oil must've dissolved the adhesive.
一定是油把黏着剂给溶了
Well...
好啦
ready to hit the road
准备好走了吗
Please not yet. We're so close to cracking this.
拜托 再等等 我们马上就要解出方法了
Just ten more minutes
再给我们10分钟吧
Fine.
行吧
Oh boy. ‭Yes
-太好啦 -棒啊
I wasn't even at that school
虽然哥已经离开那所学校
and I was still boosting its grade point average.
但我还是持续提升着学生的平均分数
You got biology
你有生物考卷吗
Depends. You got money
不好说 你有钱吗
Yeah. I got biology.
-有 -那我也有
Perhaps we could create some sort of a cocoon to suspend it.
或许我们可以制造某种茧来固定它
Out of wire ‭Or nylon.
-用金属线吗 -或尼龙
But I wouldn't know how to weave it around a sphere.
但我不知道怎么把它编织在球体周围
I'm not a genius but it sounds to me
我不是什么天才 但听起来
like what y'all are talking about is uh crochet.
你们在说的就是打毛线嘛
I suppose we are.
可以这么说吧
Because with crochet you can make all kinds of shapes.
因为你们可以把毛线打成各种形状的啊
Intriguing.
有意思
Hell I even crocheted a cover for Jolene.
我就给琼尼打过一个罩子
I'm sorry
抱歉 什么东西
That's my bowling ball.
是我的保龄球啦
She likes to name inanimate objects it's odd.
她喜欢给无生命体取名字 很怪
Or whimsically charming.
也可以说是迷人的奇思妙想啊
Connie would you help us detect solar neutrinos
康妮 你愿意帮助我们探测太阳中微子吗
Really
真的吗
You you you want me to be a part of your science thing
你想要我加入你这个科学的东西吗
Indeed.
是的
Well...
这个嘛...
sure why not.
有何不可 行吧
Excellent.
太好啦
And just like that
就这样
my meemaw had been seduced by the siren call of science.
我姥姥也被科学的魅惑呼唤所吸引
But before we unravel the secrets of the universe
但在我们揭开宇宙的神秘面纱之前
I'm gonna hit the john.
我要先去上个厕所
And bless the hands that prepared it.
保佑准备餐点的人
Amen.
阿门
Amen. Amen.
-阿门 -阿门
Where is everyone
大家都去哪里了
Georgie's out and Sheldon's at the university with Meemaw.
小乔治还没回家 谢尔顿跟姥姥还在大学
A lot of pressure on me to keep things fun.
今晚这餐我的娱乐责任压力山大啊
Hey I was thinking after dinner
我在想 等会儿吃完饭
maybe you and I could go out for a walk.
我们两个可以去散个步啊
Why
为什么
Pastor Jeff and Brenda have been doing it might be nice.
杰夫牧师跟布兰达常一起散步 感觉很不错
So go with them.
那你跟他们一起去就好啦
They didn't invite her. She was all upset about it.
他们没找她 所以她在不开心
Well you get left out and I get punished
所以人家不带你玩 倒霉的却是我吗
A walk with your wife is punishment
跟你老婆散步是惩罚 是吗
You're up say somethin' fun.
换你上场 说点有趣的
I think Pastor Jeff and Mrs. Sparks might be talking about Billy.
我觉得牧师跟斯巴克斯太太可能是聊比利的事
What's going on with Billy
比利怎么了吗
He's been getting in trouble at school.
他在学校老是惹上麻烦
How is that fun
这事情哪里有趣了
It's gossip. Gossip's fun.
这是八卦啊 八卦很有趣
Poor thing.
可怜的孩子
Brenda did say he was having trouble adjusting.
布兰达的确是有说过他还不太适应
Maybe I should see if she's doing okay later.
或许我等会该去关心一下她
Great idea. I'm not walking good job.
好主意 我不用散步了 你干得好
So what am I making this thing out of
所以我该用什么材料做这个东西
We were using wire but that might be
我们之前是用金属线 但或许
difficult to crochet with.
这你编织起来不方便
Oh please I could crochet barbed wire
拜托 只要老娘想
with a chopstick if I had to.
我能用一双筷子加带刺铁丝打毛线
I admire your bravado.
我欣赏你的英雄风范
In this case isn't it the feminine "bravada"
这种时候我们是不是该用女性的"英雌风范"
I've never heard the term "bravada."
可是我没有听过这个词呢
Let's just go with "Chutzpah."
咱们还是用"豪气"吧
What's chutzpah It's like moxie.
-豪气是什么意思 -就类似勇气
Oh I do like moxie.
我的确很喜欢勇气
I admire your moxie.
我佩服你的勇气
However I believe that nylon thread
但是我认为尼龙线
would be the best choice.
会是最好的选择
True it's chemically inert and would allow
没错 其具有化学惰性
more light to pass through.
能让更多光穿过
Nylon thread.
尼龙线
Done.
没问题
Brava. That one I know is a word.
棒 我知道这是个词
Can I ask...
我能问一下
why exactly are we looking for solar neutrinos
我们为什么要找太阳中微子吗
Other experiments have only seen about half the neutrinos
其他实验只观测到了半数从太阳产生的
coming from the Sun.
中微子
And we'd like to figure out why.
我们想弄清原因
And what happens if we do
弄清会怎么样
They will tell us what kind of nuclear reactions
就能告诉我们 那里正发生什么
are going on there.
核子反应
In the Sun
在太阳里吗
Yes.
是的
That's so far how
这么远 怎么做到
Neutrinos are made deep within the core of the Sun.
中微子是在太阳核心内生成的
They have to go over a hundred times
它们想要出来
the radius of Earth just to get out.
必须跨越地球半径百倍的距离
Mm kind of like how you can drive
有点像开一整天车
all day and still be in Texas.
都还没开出德州范围
Exactly then they have to travel another
没错 然后它们还得旅行
93 million miles just to get here.
九千三百万英里才能到达地球
Huh. Neutrinos are essentially
本质上中微子就是
direct messengers from the center of the Sun.
来自太阳中心的直接信使
That's why we're building the prototype.
所以我们才要建原型机
And I get to be a part of it
而我能成为其中一份子吗
You do.
是的
Damn.
我去
Is there any money in it
有钱拿吗
No. Damn.
-没有 -我去
Hello
Hey Brenda. It's Mary.
布兰达 是我 玛丽
Oh. Hey.
是你啊
Hi. I was just checking in seeing how you're doing.
我打来是想看看你怎么样了
How am I doing about what
什么事怎么样
Well I heard that Billy
我听说比利
might be having a tough time at school.
可能在学校可能不太顺利
Well you know what he'll be fine so thanks for calling.
他会没事的 谢谢你打来
Okay.
好吧
Um if there's anything I can do
如果有什么我能做的
or if you ever want to talk...
或者你想找人聊聊
Good to know. Anything else
知道了 还有其他事吗
Uh no that was it.
没有了 就这样
Okay. Bye.
那好 再见
That night my meemaw was so inspired
那一晚 我姥姥因为
to be part of our science experiment
参与我们的科学实验而深受鼓舞
she began working on it as soon as she got home.
她一回家便投入其中
She was in the zone.
她简直进入了忘我境界
She was focused.
专心致志
She was determined.
下定决心
She was also 68 and had eaten a lot of pizza.
同时她也是个嗑了过多披萨的68岁老妇
And the Nobel Prize for Science goes to Connie Tucker
诺贝尔科学奖得主是 康妮·塔克
Oh my goodness y'all are so sweet.
我的天呀 你们太贴心了
I want to thank my brilliant grandson Sheldon and his pal Dr. Linkletter
我想感谢我聪慧过人的外孙谢尔顿
and his pal Dr. Linkletter for bringing me in
和他的搭档林克莱特博士
on the experiment.
让我参与该次实验
I'd like to thank my Aunt Linda for teaching me to crochet
以及感谢我琳达姑妈在我还是个小矮子时
when I was knee high to a June bug.
教会我打毛线
And everyone for making me...
还要感谢所有人 让我成为
"The Meemaw of Science."
"科学之姥"
Meemaw Meemaw Meemaw
姥姥 姥姥 姥姥
Being a good entrepreneur
身为一个优秀的企业家
my brother realized his supply of my old tests was limited.
我哥哥意识到我的旧试卷数量有限
So he did something else he was good at lie to my father.
于是他做了另一件他擅长的事 骗我爸
Dad you ever use the copy room at school
老爸 你会使用学校的复印室吗
Sometimes. Why
有时会啊 干嘛
I need to make some copies for a school project I'm working on.
我需要复印些文件 我的学校作业要用
Uh it's not really for students.
那并不是给学生用的
You know they keep it locked.
平时会上锁
So you have a key
那你有钥匙吗
I'm not giving you my key.
我才不会把我钥匙给你
Why not Well because I know you
-为什么 -因为我知道你是什么货色
and therefore don't trust you.
所以我不信任你
I told you it's for school.
我说了 是做作业要用
Great then bring it by my office tomorrow
好啊 那你明天带来我办公室
and I'll make copies.
我给你复印
Never mind.
算了 当我没问
It's not on my key chain
不在我钥匙扣上哦
Dang it.
失算了
It was however in my dad's drawer at work
然而钥匙在我爸办公室的抽屉里
leading my brother to do something
导致我哥哥做了一件
he had never done before get to school early.
人生从没做过的事 早早到学校
Sucker.
白痴
It's like printing money.
印出来的简直就是钱啊
You look beautiful.
你看起来真美
Shut up and kiss me.
别废话 吻我
Oh Cheryl.
谢丽尔
Oh Hubert.
休伯特
John Sturgis.
我是约翰·斯特吉斯
Hey John.
约翰你好啊
Connie. So nice to hear from you.
康妮 接到你来电好开心
You'll never guess what I'm doing.
你肯定猜不到我在忙什么
Tell me.
告诉我
I am working on a solar neutrino detector.
我在研发太阳中微子探测仪
Wow. I was gonna guess making soft boiled eggs.
我本来想猜你在煮水煮蛋啦
Yeah Sheldon and Linkletter
谢尔顿和林克莱特
asked me to help them out.
叫我帮忙
Oh. Linkletter's involved.
原来和林克莱特有关啊
Oh well he's not so bad.
他也没那么讨人厌啦
You and he aren't...
你俩不是在...
Oh no no no. I'm still seeing Dale.
当然不是啦 我还在和戴尔约会
Okay good.
好吧
I can handle you with a guy who sells volleyballs
你和卖排球的人在一起 我勉强能接受
but you with another scientist that'd be like
但如果你和另一个科学家在一起
a dagger in the heart.
我会心痛如刀割
No daggers here.
没刀啦
So tell me about this experiment.
跟我说说这个实验
Well I don't know if you know this but solar neutrinos
你知道吗 太阳中微子
are like little messengers from the center of the Sun.
如同来自太阳中心的信使
I did know that
我是知道啦
but it's delightful to hear you say it.
但听你说出来感觉很可爱
Well enjoy 'cause that's about all I remember.
那你珍惜这感觉 因为我只记得这么多
So what's new by you Well let's see...
-你最近有什么新鲜事 -我想想
Uh oh yesterday I had my first breakfast burrito.
对了 昨天我第一次吃卷饼当早餐
Good for you. How was it
那很好啊 味道如何
Confusing. I ordinarily have burritos for lunch or dinner.
很令人困惑 我一般都是午餐或晚餐才吃卷饼
I don't know how to respond to that.
我不知道该说什么
You're working on an experiment
你在筹备实验
and I'm eating dinner for breakfast.
我在吃晚餐食物当早餐
It's a crazy world.
这世界天翻地覆啦
I've got to get back to the library.
我得回图书馆
Oh but this is so much more fun than books.
但这可比书本刺激多了
Will I be seeing you tonight
我今晚能见你吗
Oh you'll be seeing all of me.
你会见到我的"全身上下"
I think this might be my finest work.
这应该是我最骄傲的作品
And she made my dinner mittens so that means a lot.
我的晚餐手套可是她织的 所以这评价很高
I can't thank you enough.
感激不尽
Shall we apply the empirical method
我们是不是该用实验出真知法啦
Yes the empirical method. Let's apply that.
实验出真知法好啊 就应用它吧
What now
又有什么事
I feel like I might've overstepped my bounds last night
我感觉我昨晚可能越界了
so I just wanted to bring you these and apologize.
所我想送这个来给你道歉
Thank you.
谢谢 有心了
And I did mean it.
我是真心的
If you ever need to talk I'm here.
如果你想找人聊聊 我随时都在
Appreciate it.
非常感谢
Okay.
好了
It's more than Billy.
不只是比利的事
Herschel moved out.
赫谢尔搬出去了
Oh Brenda I'm so sorry.
布兰达 我很遗憾
Do you want to come in
你想进来吗
Of course.
当然
So what's with the box
这大箱子是怎么回事
The experiment needs to be in complete darkness to work.
这个实验需要在完全黑暗中才能有效进行
We watch these monitors for the results.
我们在显示器看实验结果
Okay all that's left is to turn on the cameras.
好了 剩下的就是打开摄影机
Sheldon will you get the lights
谢尔顿 你能去关灯吗
Yes sir.
遵命 先生
Is that to make it more dramatic
关灯是为了制造戏剧性效果吗
It's so that we can better see the flashes on the monitor.
是为了能更清晰地在显示器看见闪光
But a little drama never hurts.
但增加点气氛总是好的
All right here we go.
好了 开始
Commencement of the solar neutrino detector prototype
太阳中微子探测仪原型机即将开工
in three two one.
倒计时三 二 一
I don't see anything.
我什么都没看见
Give it a moment.
稍等一下
Is that it
是这个吗
That's it.
就是这个
We did it.
我们成功了
Phase one is a success.
第一阶段大获成功
Congratulations.
恭喜啊
Look at those beautiful neutrinos.
看看那些美丽的中微子啊
Those aren't neutrinos.
那些不是中微子
What are you talking about
你在说什么
That's what we're looking for.
那不就是我们要找的吗
That's just radioactivity.
那只是放射现象
Well then when do we find the neutrinos
好吧 那我们几时才能找到中微子
We don't. This is just the prototype.
找不到 这只是原型机
You kidding me
你逗我呢吗
The actual device needed would be the size of a building.
真正所需的设备有一栋楼那么大
And that's 20 to 30 years away.
还要20到30年后才会问世
Well I could be dead by then.
到那时我可能都入土为安了
You still may have helped advance science.
你还是有可能帮助了科学发展啊
Unless another team beats us to it.
除非有另一个团队比我们快
Yeah.
没错
I'm gonna wait in the car.
我还是去车上等吧
If it helps in 30 years I should still be alive.
30年后我应该还活着哦 这样能好受点吗
Boy you'd think she'd be happy about that.
我还以为她听了会高兴
Remember the smart cheater gets some answers wrong.
记住 明智的作弊者会特地错几题
I heard I might find you here.
听说能在这里找到你
Oh hey Mr. Givens.
你好 吉文斯老师
Would you like to explain why this was on the copy machine
你能解释一下这个为什么在复印机里吗
Anyone could have left that there.
有可能是任何人落下的啊
It's your brother's and Tam said it was you.
是你弟弟的试卷 丹说是你干的
Fine but I only left it there
好吧 但我落下试卷
because you came in the copy room and I had to hide.
纯粹是因为你进复印室了 我得躲起来
What When What
什么 几时的事 什么
This morning before school.
今早上课前
What exactly did you see
你看到了什么
I don't want to talk about it.
我不想谈那种事
Well I don't want you talking about it.
我不想你提起那件事
Well I don't want you talking about this.
我也不想你提起这件事
I don't even know what this is.
我都不知道这个是什么东东
I don't even know what I saw.
我都不知道我看见了什么
All right then. All right.
-那好吧 -无事发生
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片