Nobody else is stronger than I am
世上没人比我强壮
Yesterday I moved a mountain
昨天我移了一座山
I bet I could be your hero
我相信我能当你的英雄
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
Hello
你们好吗
Hello Mom. ‭Hi.
你回来啦 妈妈 -你好啊
I bet you're wondering.
我想你在猜他们在干嘛
I sure am.
那当然
It's a shortwave radio.
这是短波无线电
Dr. Sturgis is letting me use it.
斯特吉斯博士借我使用它
It picks up broadcasts from around the world.
它能接收全球范围的广播信号
Listen.
This is the time being announced every minute from Ottawa.
这是来自加拿大渥太华的每分钟报时台
At the sound of the tone the local time in Ottawa will be 5 13.
在嘟声后 渥太华本地时间将是5点13
Spellbinding ain't it
很引人入胜吧
And you thought this was okay to go on in my house
而你觉得在我家做这个是可以的
It was that or my house so here we are.
不是在你家就是在我家 所以就是这样了
Wednesday morning the Nobel Prize winners are going
周三早上 诺贝尔奖得主
to be announced in Sweden and we'll hear it as it's happening.
将会在瑞典被宣布 我们可以及时听到呢
Well 2.8 milliseconds later.
应该是2.8毫秒之后
Sure because of the propagation.
当然 因为有传播延迟
And what's this Some kind of antenna
那这是什么 天线之类的吗
Yes. It needs to go up on the roof.
是的 这得弄上屋顶
You're not going on the roof.
你不许上屋顶
Of course he's not. I am.
当然不会让他上 是我上
You're not going either.
你也别想上去
Excuse me I have six years of tai chi under my belt.
不好意思 我可是有6年的太极经验
I have the balance of a jungle cat.
我的平衡感跟丛林猫差不多
You doing some kind of slow motion hula dance
你在公园里做的那些慢版呼拉舞
in the park is not gonna change my mind.
是不可能改变我想法的
I do much more than just this.
我做的可比这个深远多了
So you want me to put that thing on that roof
所以你要我把那个放上屋顶吗
Yes.
是的
So you can hear who won a science prize
好让你听到谁赢了个科学奖吗
The Nobel Prize.
是诺贝尔奖
Why can't you read who won in the newspaper
你为什么不能从报纸上读是谁赢了呢
I could say the same thing about the Super Bowl
我也可以这么说你的超级碗啊
but you still watch it.
但你还不是要看直播
He got you there.
他辩倒你啦
The Super Bowl is football.
超级碗是橄榄球
Your thing is... I don't even know what your thing is.
你那玩意... 我都不知道你那玩意是什么
It's the most prestigious award in the field of physics.
是物理学领域中最至高无上的荣誉
I'll think about it.
我考虑考虑
When I win one I might just thank you in my speech.
等我哪天赢了 我可能会在演讲中谢谢你啊
The things I do for you.
我为你做的牺牲啊
Georgie get out here
小乔治 出来
Got a chore for you
有件家事让你做
Good call. You have no business up there.
这决定好 上面不是你该爬去的地方
Radio Sweden International.
瑞典国际电台
There it is.
找到啦
Excellent. Which scientists are you rooting for
太棒了 你今年支持哪个科学家
Oh I don't have a favorite.
我没有偏好
There's so much good work being done.
大家都做出了伟大的杰作
I think it's time Frederick Reines
我觉得是时候让弗雷德里克·莱因斯
finally gets his due for the neutrino.
以他在中微子领域的贡献得奖了
I suppose he has a shot.
我想他应该是有希望的
I should think so he confirmed the neutrino's existence
我想应该是的 他可是在35年前
35 years ago.
就确证了中微子的存在
What the heck are they waiting for
他们等什么呢
Lots of talented people don't get recognized.
很多有才之人都没有获得承认
You know if we had cable we'd have like 60 channels
你知道如果装了有线电视 我们能有大概60个频道选吗
We have plenty of channels.
我们家的频道很多了
We have seven.
我们只有7个频道
Hey There are starving kids in Africa
非洲还有挨饿的孩子呢
with no channels.
他们没有任何频道
Come on it don't cost much.
别这样嘛 又不要多少钱
I'm not paying for television.
我才不要花钱看电视
Television is free. Always was always will be.
电视是免费的 从来就不要钱 以后也不花钱
You're so cheap.
你真小气
If you want cable pay for it yourself.
如果你想看有线电视 你自己掏钱啊
Or better yet try turning that thing off and go read a book.
又或者 你关上电视去读书岂不是更好
"Read a book"
还"去读书"
Inch by inch
一尺一尺
Row by row
一排一排
Gonna make this garden grow
让这花园成长茁壮
Gonna mulch it deep and... John
- 埋下深深护根... -约翰
Hello my sweet.
亲爱的
What are you doing out here
你在这里干什么呢
Weeding. You have goosegrass.
除杂草 你的花园有蟋蟀草
And you can't have a nice lawn if you have goosegrass.
想要草皮好看就不能有蟋蟀草
It's kind of dark out.
外面天有点黑了呢
Goosegrass doesn't sleep.
蟋蟀草可不睡觉
It kills the good grass
它会杀了好的草
and leaves bald spots.
还让草皮上有秃块
But don't worry
但不用担心
I'm on the job.
我已经在忙活了
Oh. Okay.
好吧
Can I get you a flashlight
要我帮你拿个手电筒吗
I would prefer a headlamp such as one would use for spelunking.
最好是头戴式照明灯 洞穴探险用的那种
Okay.
Let me check my spelunking supplies.
我去看看我的洞穴探险装备里有没有
You're a peach.
你真好
Pulling weeds and picking stones...
拔起杂草 挑走杂石
Good morning Medford High School
早安 梅德福高中的各位
this is Class President Sheldon Cooper
这里是学生会主席谢尔顿·库珀
with an important science bulletin.
给大家带来的重大科学事件公告
This Wednesday morning
本周三一早
the Nobel Prize in Physics will be announced
诺贝尔物理学奖将公布得奖人
and I'd like to invite each and every one of you to my garage
我想要请你们所有人来到我家车库
to listen live at 5 00 A.M. and be a part of scientific history.
一起在早上5点即时见证科学历史
Food and refreshments will be served... You worried your kid
-将会提供食物与饮品 -你不担心你孩子
just invited the whole school to your house
邀请了全校的人去你家吗
5 00 in the morning for a Swedish science thing
清晨5点听瑞典的科学玩意吗
Not at all.
完全不担心
In other school news this Friday night our football team
其他的本校新闻 本周五晚我们的橄榄球队
will be playing another football team.
将跟另一支橄榄球队打比赛
Hello
您好
Hi Connie this is Dr. Linkletter.
你好 康妮 我是林科雷特博士
I work in the physics department with Dr. Sturgis.
我跟斯特吉斯博士一起在物理系工作
Oh sure I remember you.
当然 我记得你
What can I do for you
有何能为你效劳
Well I'm just calling to let you know that John is fine
我打电话来通知你约翰没事
but there's been a bit of an incident at the school today.
但今天他在学校发生了一点意外
What happened
怎么回事
He broke into the mainframe computer lab
他非法闯入大型计算机实验室
tripped off an alarm.
触发了警铃
Security came and there was a chase.
保安人员来了 然后发生了一场追逐
A chase
一场追逐吗
It was a short one. He's not a fast man.
很短的一场 毕竟他也不是飞毛腿
Uh well where is he now
那他现在在哪里
He's in the dean's office.
他在校长办公室
He has you listed as the emergency contact
他的紧急联络人填了你
so I just wanted to let you know.
所以我通知你一下
Well uh thank you so much for calling. My pleasure.
-谢谢你打电话来通知 -不客气
If there's anything I can do feel free to reach out.
如果有任何能帮上忙的地方 欢迎联系我
Or if you'd like to go grab a coffee sometime
或者如果你想哪天一起出去喝杯咖啡
I know a cute little cafe.
我知道有一家很有爱的小咖啡馆
Do you like scones
你喜欢吃司康饼吗
You're not actually trying to hit on me right now are you
你不会是想在现在这种时刻泡我吧
Is it working No.
-受用吗 -没
I should go.
我要挂了
What kind of snacks do you think I should serve
你觉得明天早上的诺贝尔活动
at my Nobel gathering
我该提供哪种零食呢
It's on Swedish radio. How about Swedish meatballs
在瑞典广播上公布 那瑞典肉丸怎么样
But it's at 5 00 A.M.
但是是在清晨5点呢
Swedish breakfast balls
瑞典早餐肉丸吗
I could offer an assortment of breakfast cereal.
我可以提供各式早餐谷物
My mom doesn't let me have cereal with sugar in it.
我妈禁止我碰里面含糖的早餐谷物
Or anything that makes me happy.
或任何会让我开心的事物
Connie. What are you doing here
康妮 你怎么来了
Well...
这个嘛
I got a call from your friend Linkletter
我接到了你同事林科雷特的电话
and uh... I I was a little worried about you.
然后... 我有点担心你
What did he say
他怎么说
That you had some kind of scuffle with the campus security
他说你跟校园保安起了一点冲突
No scuffle.
没有起冲突
I was using the university's mainframe
我就是用了学校的大型计算器
and they asked me to leave. Simple as that.
他们请我离开 就这样而已
So nobody chased you
所以没人追你吗
I was startled and so I did
我有点被吓到了 所以做了
what any normal person does under the circumstances
任何人在那种时刻都会做出来的反应
climb out a window and run like the dickens.
爬出窗户 撒丫子狂奔
Since when do we get MTV
我们家什么时候有MTV台了
Since I got cable.
我弄了有线电视
What do you mean you got cable
什么叫你弄了有线电视
I called up the cable company and I said
我打给有线电视公司说
"Hello I'd like cable " and they put in cable.
"我想装有线电视" 然后他们就派人来装啦
I'm not paying for that.
我才不要付这个钱
Keep your shirt on. I paid for it.
你放轻松吧 我付了
Is that so
是吗
Yeah with money I saved from my job.
用我打工存下来的工资
Well okay.
那行吧
So do we get any of those movie channels
所以我们能看到那些电影频道了吗
Dad I'm trying to watch the news.
爸 我在听新闻说什么呢
What's so important that I had to run over here
什么事这么重要你让我得跑来
Come here. I want to show you something.
来 我想给你看点东西
Look at this.
你看看
John did it.
约翰做了这个
Oh dear.
老天
"Oh dear" is right.
你这反应就对了
Was he in here taking a bath
他是不是洗澡的时候
and just started thinking about science stuff
突然想到了科学的东西
Read the top right part.
看看右上角写了什么
"Time plus heat plus bread equals toast."
"时间+热度+面包=烤面包"
That ain't science.
那可不是科学
Well it's not wrong either.
但那也没写错啊
Look at this.
再看看这个
Yeah well that's... peculiar.
好吧 这是有点... 奇特
You'll be amazed to know that the Nobel Prize
你知道了一定会很诧异
while being the most prestigious award in science
诺贝尔奖虽然是科学界最有名望的奖项
is not generally celebrated in this country.
但在这个国家却没有很多人庆祝它
No parades no fireworks.
没有游行 也没有烟火
Which is why I thought having a breakfast celebration
所以我才觉得办一场早餐庆祝会
was not only appropriate but long overdue.
不只非常恰当 还是早就该发生的
You may have noticed that I went with Cheerios
你可能注意到我选了麦圈
and believe me it was a decision that I came to
相信我 这是我经过深思熟虑后
after careful consideration.
才做出的决定
There were birds on the Froot Loops
水果麦圈 巧克力泡芙
Cocoa Puffs and Corn Flakes so they were out.
和玉米片盒子上都有鸟图案 所以它们出局了
And leprechauns and elves are magical creatures
别牌盒子上的小矮妖和小精灵都是魔法生物
that would be a slap in the face to the scientific community.
选它们就是啪啪啪打科学界的脸
Anyway the festivities begin at 4 30 A.M.
总之 庆祝会从早上4点半开始
You're most welcome to come.
欢迎你来参加
As are you unhappy bag boy.
也欢迎你来 厌世的打包男
输入密码:_
What the hell is this
这是什么鬼
TV's asking me for some kind of code.
电视机叫我输入密码
Yeah that's the parental control lock.
对 那是儿童锁
So how do I take it off You don't.
-我怎么解锁 -你解不了
This is my cable that I bought with my money.
这是我花自己的钱买的有线电视
You got to be kidding me.
你一定是在逗我
Here's an idea how about you go read a book
给你个建议 要不你去读个书吧
Oh this isn't over little man.
这事还没完 小子
Not by a long shot
绝对没完
You know what I like about you Sheldon
你知道我喜欢你哪一点吗 谢尔顿
You're incredibly smart but you're also really dumb.
你非常聪明 但同时你又很蠢
Why would you say that
你为什么这么说
You think people are gonna come here to hang out with you
你觉得其他人会来这里跟你玩吗
Yes.
是的
To hear about science Yes.
-来听科学的事 -没错
On the radio Yes.
-而且是听收音机 -没错
At 5 00 in the morning
在早上五点
Yes.
是啊
And you're asking me why you're dumb
那你还问我为什么说你蠢
Well I happen to have a little more faith
我比你对我伙伴们的好奇心
in the curiosity of my fellows.
多一点信心
See you sound smart but you're still dumb.
看见没 你听起来很聪明 但你还是蠢死了
I bet you don't even know the first thing about Sweden.
我猜你对瑞典根本一无所知
Well you're wrong
这你就错了
it's where those little meatballs come from.
那里是小肉丸的家乡
And that chef on The Muppets. That's two things.
布偶卡通里的厨师也是瑞典人 已经两件事了
Oh and is in Canada. That's three.
还有 瑞典在加拿大境内[错了] 三件事
Hello
Hello Dr. Linkletter.
你好 林科雷特博士
This is Connie Tucker.
我是康妮·塔克
Connie how lovely to hear from you.
康妮 你打来我很高兴
Stop. I'm worried about John.
别撩了 我担心约翰
He was supposed to be here for dinner and he never showed up.
他说好来我家吃晚饭的 但他一直没出现
That's not good. He also missed two of his classes today.
这可不妙 他今天也有两节课没来上
Do you have any idea where he might be
你知道他可能去哪儿了吗
Hard to say. If he's having another episode
很难说 如果他又发作了
he could be anywhere.
在哪里都有可能
Hold on what do you mean "Episode"
等一下 "发作"是什么意思
Oh I thought you knew. In the past
我还以为你知道 在过去
John has struggled with his grip on reality.
约翰曾在分不清现实与幻想中挣扎过
What kind of struggle are we talking about
什么样的挣扎
The kind where he's had to be hospitalized.
严重到必须住院接受治疗
Well he never said anything about that to me.
他从没跟我提过这个
Well I certainly wouldn't fabricate such a story.
我肯定不会编造这样的故事
Okay look I if if you hear from him or see him
好吧 如果你有他消息 或看到他
please let me know.
请你通知我
Of course. Now if down the road
没问题 如果日后
things don't work out with you two I'd love to...
你们俩分手了 我很愿意...
Good bye.
再见
Here this is for you. What is it
-这是给你的 -什么东西
Read it. You do remember how to read don't you
自己看 你还记得怎么认字吧
A bill Really
账单 真的吗
Room and board buddy.
食宿费 哥们
$50 a month for food
光食物费一个月就要50美元
The way you eat I should've gone $50 a week.
你吃那么多 我每周收你50块也不为过
Laundry services
洗衣费
Your poor mother has to touch your underwear.
你可怜的老母亲还得碰你的恶心内裤呢
What's the $10 a month "Peema" Charge
每月十块的"头图"费是什么
Oh P I M A that's a "Pain in My Ass" Tax.
是"头秃"啦 你要交"头秃"税
My way of getting compensated for you
我被你气得短命头秃
taking years off my life.
这是补偿费
John
约翰
John
约翰
Your bike's here. John
你的单车在这 约翰
John
约翰
屋顶通道
Well look at that there's boobies on my TV.
看啊 我家电视上有人露奶子
Get out of here I'm telling Mom
-给我出去 -我要告诉妈妈
John
约翰
Hello.
你好啊
What What're you doing
你在干什么
I was doing tai chi
我之前在耍太极
and then I realized that I was
然后意识到
continually being bombarded by subatomic particles
我不断被亚原子粒子轰炸
and it behooves me perhaps
也许我应该
to pay slightly closer attention to them.
更关注它们
Maybe "Chi" is the ancient Chinese word
也许"气"在古代汉语里
for the subatomic universe.
是"亚原子宇宙"的意思
You're scaring me John.
你吓着我了 约翰
Well there's nothing to be scared of.
没什么好害怕的
Tomorrow somebody will win the Nobel Prize
明天会有人赢得关于这些粒子的
about these particles...
诺贝尔奖
not me.
但不是我
But I'm experiencing them firsthand...
但我正在亲身体验它们
...which could be better.
说不定这样更好
Why don't you come down and experience them on the floor
不如你下来 在地上体验吧
I think I just felt a neutrino.
我好像刚感觉到一颗中微子
You know neutrinos are interesting.
中微子很有意思
They never bond with anything
它们从不跟任何东西结合
they're always alone.
总是孤独的
I think that one went right through my pants.
刚才那一颗好像穿过我裤子了
All right
好了
why don't we go downstairs
不如我们下楼
and I'll fix us both a nice cup of hot tea
我去泡两杯热茶
and you can tell me all about it.
你可以好好跟我讲一讲
Please
求你了
Okay.
好的
It was my dream to win the Nobel
赢得诺贝尔奖曾是我的梦想
and I'm not going to.
但我这辈子没机会了
I bet Sheldon will.
我猜谢尔顿一定会拿奖的
That'll be something. Yeah.
-那就太了不起了 -是啊
Welcome to Radio Sweden...
欢迎收听瑞典电台
How's it going baby
怎么样了 宝贝
I don't think anyone's showing up not even Tam.
我想没人会来了 连丹都不会来
I'm here.
我在啊
Yeah but you're my mom. You live on the premises.
没错 但你是我妈妈 你本来就住在这里
At least Dr. Sturgis should be here any minute.
至少斯特吉斯博士应该随时会到
Shelly I'm afraid Dr. Sturgis isn't coming this morning.
谢利 恐怕斯特吉斯博士今早不会过来了
Why not
为什么
He isn't feeling well.
他身体不舒服
Oh dear.
老天
Should we send him a get well card
我们是不是该寄早日康复的卡片给他
I think that'd be terrific.
那会很棒的
Good morning and welcome
各位早安
to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
欢迎来到瑞典皇家科学院
The announcements are starting.
开始公布获奖名单了
You want me to stay
你希望我留下吗
Uh the Academy has concluded its meeting
科学院已结束会议
and we are ready to announce this year's...
我们准备宣布今年的...
I'll be in my room if you need me.
你需要我就去我房里找我
As usual I will read the announcements first in English
我会照例先用英语读出获奖名单
then in Swedish then the citation in German
然后用瑞典语 接下来再用德语
French and Russian.
法语和俄语
And this year's Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded to...
今年荣获诺贝尔物理学奖的是...
Come on neutrinos.
拜托 是中微子
...Henry Kendall Jerome Friedman
证实夸克存在的亨利·肯德尔
and Richard Taylor for the discovery of quarks.
杰罗姆·弗里德曼和理查德·泰勒
A primary feature of quarks
夸克的主要特点是
is that they're always bonded together
它们总是紧密结合在一起
but in that moment I felt like a neutrino
但在那一刻 我觉得自己是颗中微子
destined to be alone forever.
注定永远孤独
Leonard dear you should be in bed.
莱纳德 宝贝 你现在应该在床上睡觉才是
佩妮
Howard Turn off that fakakta game
霍华德 关掉那破游戏
and go to sleep.
快去睡觉
Thankfully I was wrong.
幸好 我错了
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片