Power has always been a deadly narcotic
权力自古以来都是最致命的毒品
and in 1989
而在1989年
RadioShack's Tandy 1000 SL
坦迪1000SL系列电脑
was my drug of choice.
是我所选之毒
With an Intel 8086
英特尔8086处理器
running at eight megahertz
运行速度8兆赫兹
and a five and a quarter inch floppy drive
加上一个5.25吋软盘驱动器
there was nothing I couldn't do.
我简直无所不能
From adding snazzy graphics to my homework...
从给我的作业增加碉堡的图形
So snazzy.
碉堡了
...to easily alphabetizing
到轻松地按字母顺序排列
my list of enemies and their crimes.
我敌人的名字及其罪行
So easy.
太轻松了
Sheldon time to go.
谢尔顿 该走了
We really need to get one of these.
我们真应该买一台电脑
What on earth do we need a computer for
我们要一台电脑干什么
Yeah we got you and your big head.
对啊 我们有你和你的大脑袋
But we can get so much accomplished.
但有了电脑 我们可以完成很多事情
I could use a spreadsheet program
我可以用电子制表程序
to keep track of your expenses.
记录你的日常开支
I do that in the back of my checkbook.
我用我的支票本背面记了
Yes but does your checkbook go "Beep" when you open it
但你打开你的支票本时 它会哔地一声响吗
I don't think so.
不会吧
Plus the computer can organize your recipes.
再说了 电脑可以整理你的菜谱
But my recipes are organized.
可我的菜谱都整理好了
On index cards.
用的是索引卡片
Like a cave person.
就像远古山顶洞人
Cave Mom. I'm gonna call you that.
山洞妈妈 我以后要这么叫你
It doesn't matter Sheldon.
这些都不重要 谢尔顿
We can't afford a computer.
我们买不起电脑
Sure we can. It's only $998
买得起 现在只要998美刀
and Dave says we can buy it on easy monthly payments.
戴夫说我们可以每个月分期付款购买
That's true.
没错
Stay out of this Dave.
别多事 戴夫
Come on.
走吧
We got to get home.
我们得回家了
But...
可是...
Sheldon I said no.
谢尔顿 不行就是不行
I can make you a good deal on the floor model mrs. Cooper.
展品电脑我可以给你个优惠价 库珀夫人
Seriously Dave you're getting on my nerves.
说真的 戴夫 你要惹毛我了
It's not fair.
这不公平
You bought Missy a Ring Pop.
你给米西买了戒指糖
那才十美分
And I'm worth every penny. Let's go.
-每一分钱都没白花 -走吧
Sorry Dave.
抱歉 戴夫
We're living paycheck to paycheck.
我们家生活拮据没闲钱
谢尔顿
Move
快走
Ah RadioShack. Ah RadioShack.
-睿侠电器行 -睿侠电器行
Here it is the Tandy 1000 SL computer system.
就是它 坦迪1000SL电脑系统
Sheldon was going on and on about that thing today.
今天谢尔顿不停地在念叨这玩意
I've never seen one so easy to use.
我从来没见过这么易于使用的电脑
Greetings. Need directions back to your planet
你们好 需要指引你们回母星的路吗
This technology is more advanced than we thought.
这科技比我们想象中更先进
You know that movie E.T.
你们知道《E.T. 外星人》这部电影吗
The kid who finds him his name is Elliott
发现外星人的小孩叫艾略特
which starts with an "E" And ends with a "T."
名字首字母是E 尾字母是T
Coincidence
巧合吗
I don't think so.
我可不这么认为
You're gonna live with us forever aren't you
你这辈子都要跟我们住在一起了 是吗
So Sheldon wants a computer
谢尔顿想要台电脑啊
Ever since he could talk.
自打他会说话就吵着要
But now more than ever.
看到这个更变本加厉了
Well he should get a job after school.
他可以放了学后干点零工
Save up and buy one.
自己攒钱买一台
Get a job He's nine.
干零工 他才九岁
I mowed lawns when I was his age.
像他这么大的时候 我都去帮人修剪草坪了
Made pretty good money.
还挣了不少钱呢
You want Sheldon to mow lawns
你想让谢尔顿去修剪草坪吗
He's so pale five minutes in the sun
他这么弱不禁风 在太阳底下五分钟
he'd burst into flames.
就会被烧成灰
I would pay to see that.
我愿意付钱看这一幕
Shut up Georgie.
闭嘴 小乔治
I hope you told him we can't afford it.
希望你跟他说过我们买不起
Of course.
当然说了
I could buy it for him
我可以先给他买一台
and then y'all could pay me back when you can.
然后你们可以等有钱了再还给我
Okay Connie now you're just insulting me.
好吧 康妮 你这话就等于在羞辱我
Well that was not my intention
那并不是我的本意
but I'm glad to hear it.
但我很乐意你这么想
I can pay my own bills
我有能力支付自家的开支
and take care of my family.
也有能力照顾好我的家人
There are expenses we could cut back on
我们的确可以削减某些开支
so we could afford a computer.
这样我们就能买得起电脑了
You mean like the money you give to church
你是说你给教堂的那些钱吗
No I mean like the money you give
不 我是说那些你给
to the Lone Star Beer company.
孤星啤酒公司的钱
Good one Mom.
说得好 妈妈
Shut up. Shut up pumpkin.
-闭嘴 -闭嘴 小南瓜
We're not getting a computer.
我们不买电脑
We don't need your money.
我们也不需要你的钱
Where are you going
你去哪里
To get a... glass of milk.
去倒... 一杯牛奶
He's lying. He's getting a beer.
他撒谎 他要去倒啤酒
Shut up Georgie.
闭嘴 小乔治
Mom
妈妈
Why are you still up
你怎么还不睡
Madame Curie is on the roof
居里夫人在房顶
and she's not wearing her hat.
而且她没有戴帽子
You're just dreaming baby.
你在做梦呢 宝贝
But she'll be cold without her hat.
可她没帽子会着凉的
I'll give her mine. Now you go to sleep.
我把我的给她 你快睡吧
Mm thanks Mom.
谢谢 妈妈
You're the best.
你最好了
Oh Lord.
老天啊
I'm guessing we're not having our once a week.
我猜我们的每周一"日"要取消了
Sorry I only have relations with gentlemen I like.
抱歉 我只跟我喜欢的绅士发生关系
Oh come on. You know how I feel
拜托 你明知道我不喜欢
about your mother meddlin' in our finances.
你妈干涉我们家的财务
She wasn't meddlin' she was offering to help.
她不是来干预 她只是想帮忙
And that computer is not some silly toy.
而且电脑不是什么白痴玩具
Sheldon could use it for his schoolwork
谢尔顿可以用来做作业
and I could use it to... organize my recipes.
而我可以用来...整理我的菜谱
You already got 'em organized on those little cards.
你早就用那些小卡片整理好了
Yeah like a cave person.
是啊 像个山顶洞人
Well it doesn't matter.
这都不重要
We can't afford it end of story.
重点是我们买不起 话题结束
Not exactly end of story.
或许还没完全结束
What's that mean
这话什么意思
I've been setting money aside the last couple of years
过去几年我一直在存钱
and this might be a good use for it.
或许养兵千日就是用在此时了
Money from what
你哪里来的钱啊
You know here and there.
就是这里存点 那里存点来的啊
Bookkeeping for the church
帮教堂记账
birthday money from my Aunt Zelda.
塞尔达阿姨给的生日红包
And just how much of this "Here and there" money
你"这里那里"攒下来的钱
you got saved up
有多少啊
Well seeing as it's my money
鉴于这是我的钱
I don't think that's any of your business.
有多少你管不着
None of my business
我管不着吗
You see every nickel I make and you got secret money
我挣的每一分你都要管 你却有私房钱
It's not secret. I just told you.
这不是私密 我刚告诉你了
Where you hiding it
你把钱藏哪儿了
Well now you're headed into secret territory.
现在你可问到了私密问题
Oh okay.
好吧
Just so I'm clear my money's our money
我确定一下 我的钱是我们的钱
but your money's your money.
但你的钱是你自己的钱
That's right.
没错
Oh good to know.
很高兴知道这一点
I'm glad we're not having our once a week
还好我们每周一"日"活动取消
'cause I am not in the mood.
因为老子现在完全没心情
Really
真的吗
That's too bad.
那真是太可惜了
Why Are you
为什么 你有吗
No
有你个大头鬼
That was uncalled for.
需要这么耍我吗
I forgot to tell you a girl called for you.
忘记告诉你了 有个女孩打来找你
What girl
什么女孩
I don't know. A girl.
我不知道 就一个女孩
Well what'd she say
她说什么了
It's hard to remember. This was months ago.
想不太起来 都好几个月前了
Two cases
两箱啤酒
You've got to be kidding me.
你在和我开玩笑吧
Don't worry I didn't use your money.
别担心 我没有用你的钱
I used mine.
我用了我的钱
Finish your dinner
快吃完你们的晚饭
and then pack a bag.
吃完收拾行李
We are going to Meemaw's.
我们要去姥姥家
Why
为什么
Because your mom and dad need a break from each other.
因为你们爸妈需要分开一段时间
For how long
分开多久
I don't know. Just pack.
我不知道 赶紧收拾
Will I need earmuffs
我需要带耳罩吗
Sure if you want.
想带就带上吧
Although my almanac does predict mild temperatures.
不过我的年鉴预测温度适宜
Then don't bring it.
那就别带了
I'll just bring my almanac.
我就带上我的年鉴吧
You know what I'll bring both.
算了 我两样都带上吧
Should I pack my toothbrush
我该带上我的牙刷吗
or use the one I keep at Meemaw's
还是直接用放在姥姥家那支
I got this one.
这题我来回答
Nobody cares.
谁管你啊
I don't want to go to Meemaw's house.
我不想去姥姥家
What if that girl calls back
万一那女孩又打来怎么办
Fine then stay here with your father.
行 那你就跟你爸待在这里
Sheldon and Missy we are out of here in half an hour.
谢尔顿 米希 我们半小时后就走
Not a lot of time to pick a toothbrush.
没多少时间让我考虑带不带牙刷啊
Come on in.
进来吧
Mom and Dad need a break.
妈妈跟爸爸需要分开一段时间
We don't know how long.
我们不知道要多久
What's he got in there
他都带了什么
Everything.
什么都带了
I ain't never getting married.
我永远都不要结婚
That so Yeah.
-是吗 -对啊
Women are nothing but trouble.
女人都是麻烦精
I'll get it
我去接
Hello Georgie speaking.
你好 我是小乔治
Did you run to the phone Do you feel stupid
你跑来接电话了吗 感觉自己像白痴吗
Who was it
谁啊
Nobody.
没谁
This little tiff between your mom and me will blow over.
我跟你妈之间的小矛盾很快就会过去
Don't make a big deal of it.
别小题大做
I'm not. I'm just saying
我没有啊 我只是说
I'm better suited to the single life.
我更适合当一匹单身独狼
And how do you picture that
何以见得
Okay well you know the buffet at Golden Corral
你知道外面那些自助餐餐厅吧
where there's all kinds of choices
有各式各样的食物随你挑选
and you can have as much as you want
而且你想吃多少份多少种都随你
Yeah.
知道啊
It'll be like that only with hot girls.
单身就跟那个一样 不过是随便选辣妹
Georgie I'll bet you a thousand dollars
小乔治 我跟你打赌1000块
you're married before you're 25.
你会在25岁之前就结婚
You got a bet.
跟你赌了
I feel like i'm stealing your money.
感觉就像直接偷你的钱啊
Georgie married his first wife at 19.
小乔治在19岁时娶了他第一任老婆
He never paid my father.
他一直没把赌输的钱给我爸
Well I got to tell you how happy I am
我想告诉你们我很开心
that y'all are spending the night with me.
有你们来我家过夜
Your house smells like cigarettes.
你家闻起来一股烟味
So happy.
太开心了
Sheldon we've talked about this.
谢尔顿 我们谈过这个事情了
You don't need to announce to people how things smell.
你别去跟人家说哪里有什么味道
All right you two settle in.
好啦 你们两个都躺好
Are you and Dad gonna get a divorce
你跟爸爸会离婚吗
Of course not.
当然不会啦
Are you sure Packing up your kids
你确定吗 打包行李带着你的孩子
in the middle of the night and moving in with your mom
大半夜搬去你妈妈家
has all the earmarks of a divorce.
这都是离婚的信号
We're not getting a divorce.
我们不会离婚
Okay go to sleep.
乖乖睡觉吧
Sweet dreams.
祝好梦
I can't believe Mom and Dad had a fight over beer.
真不敢相信爸妈为了啤酒吵架
I don't think the fight was about beer.
我觉得不是因为啤酒
I think there was more subtext.
应该还有潜在理由
You're probably right.
我估计你说的是对的
Then again I don't know what subtext is.
虽然我不懂"潜在理由"是什么
I don't want to get in your business
我不想多事掺和你们的家事
but since you're getting in my bed
但既然你都"掺和"到我床上了
I'm getting in your business. Go ahead.
-我只好掺和了 -问吧
When you leaving
你什么时候走
Very funny.
真好笑
That wasn't a joke.
这不是玩笑话
I love you and I love the kids
我爱你 也爱孩子们
but I love you better living across the street.
但我更爱你们住在街对面
Sorry the end of my marriage is inconveniencing you.
抱歉我婚姻的终结给你带来不便
Oh don't be so dramatic.
别小题大做好吗
It's a little spat.
只是吵个小架而已
No this was a long time coming.
不 这是积累已久的矛盾
This goes to the very core of our relationship.
这问题关系到我们婚姻的内核
I see we're sticking with dramatic.
看来你是要继续小题大做了
The minute he found out I had money set aside
他一发现我自己有存私房钱
he felt threatened. And you know why
就觉得受到威胁 你知道为什么吗
'Cause it meant that I can live independent of him.
因为这代表我不依靠他也能独立生活
Sleeping in your mommy's bed
比如睡在你妈咪的床上吗
You know what I mean.
你懂我意思
You gonna buy Sheldon that computer
你准备给谢尔顿买那台电脑吗
Well now I have to.
现在不买也不行了
Got it.
知道了
You do know I still have an active love life.
你知道我还有活跃的性生活吧
Just go to sleep.
赶快睡吧
On this very bed.
就在这张床上"活跃"
Oh Mom.
我的妈啊
What's for breakfast
早餐吃什么
I don't know. Grab a bowl of cereal.
我也不知道 倒一碗麦片吧
Mom usually makes us eggs and toast
妈妈通常给我们做鸡蛋和吐司
and the occasional meat.
偶尔还会有肉
Well Mom isn't here is she
妈妈又不在家
Whoa. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
某人今天下床错边 起床气很大啊
And you had a choice 'cause you had the whole bed.
明明整张床任你选边
Georgie.
小乔治
Walking on thin ice.
你在拿生命开玩笑
Maybe you should go across the street and apologize.
也许你该到街对面道歉
I can't do that.
我不能那样做
Why not
为什么
'Cause if I do it sets a bad precedent.
因为如果我去了 就立下了不好的先例[总统]
What's Nixon got to do with it
尼克松总统跟这事有什么关系
What
什么
You said "Bad president " like Nixon.
你说"不好的总统" 尼克松就是总统啊
You know this guy.
就是这个家伙啊
You going to apologize
你要去道歉吗
Dad
爸爸
Dad
爸爸
If you are bring back meat
如果是的话 带肉回来
Hey. I hope you're happy.
希望你这下开心了
Thank you Georgie. That's very kind.
谢谢你 小乔治 你真好
Mom and Dad are fighting because you want to get a stupid computer.
爸妈吵架就因为你想要一台破电脑
What are you talking about
你在说什么
Mom wanted to buy it for you
妈妈想买给你
Dad said they couldn't afford it
爸爸说买不起
Meemaw offered to pay for it
姥姥说她给买
and now I'm eating pineapple spears for lunch.
结果现在我只能吃菠萝条当午餐了
I hate making my own lunch.
我讨厌自己做午餐
I'm sorry Georgie I didn't know.
对不起 小乔治 我不知道
Yeah well now you do.
现在你知道了
What did you get
你午餐是什么
A turkey sandwich Mom cut in the shape of a heart
妈妈切成心形的火鸡三明治
a fruit cup a brownie
水果杯 布朗尼蛋糕
and a note from Meemaw saying how much she loves me.
还有一张姥姥写的字条 说她有多爱我
I haven't read it yet but I bet it's a lot.
我还没看 但我猜一定是超爱
I don't even have a can opener.
我连开罐器都没有
Oh Sugar Apple I love you so much.
小马 我好爱你呀
Your affection for inanimate objects frightens me.
你对无生命物品的情感吓到我了
I'm glad you're happy Missy.
你开心就好 米希
I'm even happier that I got a toy and Sheldon got nothin'.
我更高兴的是我得到了玩具 而谢尔顿屁都没有
Well now we're not exactly done shopping.
我们还没购完物呢
Sheldon you still want that computer
谢尔顿 你还想要那台电脑吗
I thought we couldn't afford it.
我们不是买不起吗
Don't you worry about that.
这你就不用担心了
Do you want it or not
你到底想不想要
More than anything.
想得不得了
All right then let's go get it.
好吧 那我们就去买
Wait. He gets a computer and I get a lousy toy
等等 他能得到电脑 而我只有破玩具吗
I thought you liked it.
你不是喜欢吗
Not anymore.
现在不喜欢了
Where's the water come out of
水从哪里流出来啊
Well seeing as that's the dryer nowhere.
那是烘衣机 不会有水流出来
So this one's the washer
所以这个才是洗衣机
No foolin' you.
不骗你
What are you doing
你在干什么
Separating the whites from the colors.
把白色和其他颜色的分开
Whoa that's racist.
这是种族歧视啊
How did I get a rocket scientist for one son
我怎么会有一个儿子是火箭科学家
and a rodeo clown for the other
另一个却是园游会白痴小丑
Oh man. I'd give anything to be a rodeo clown.
我超希望能成为园游会小丑
They make people happy
他们给人带来欢乐
and they see the rodeo for free.
还能免费看牛仔竞技
The home computer I had long coveted
我终于得到了
was finally in my possession
梦寐以求的家用电脑
but it was also destroying my home.
但它同时也在摧毁我的家庭
Thankfully it came pre loaded
幸好 电脑自带了一个程序
with a program to help solve personal problems.
能帮助解决私人问题
Hello I am Eliza.
你好 我是伊莱莎
My... parents...
我 父母
are... fighting...
正在 吵架
a lot.
经常吵
I see. Can you elaborate on that
我知道了 你能详细说说吗
My mother...
我妈妈
bought... me...
给我买了
this...
这台
computer...
电脑
but...
my dad... says... we can't...
我爸 说 我们
afford it.
买不起
Do you have issues with your mother
你对你妈妈有意见吗
Mmm... No.
没有
She... makes me...
她 给我做
spaghetti...
意粉
with hot dogs...
里面还有
cut up in it.
热狗丁
Can you elaborate on that
你能详细说说吗
Are you...
你到底
going to help me or not
会不会帮我
Hello I am Eliza.
你好 我是伊莱莎
The future might be overrated.
未来或许被高估了
Okay water's definitely on.
好了 水肯定接通了
Try it now.
现在试试
We want delicate or regular
我们要轻柔洗还是常规洗
It doesn't matter just turn it on.
无所谓 赶紧按开始吧
Let's go with delicate to be safe.
选轻柔洗吧 比较保险
Nothin'.
没反应
Damn it.
该死
Wait I know what to do.
等等 我知道该怎么做
What
怎么做
Go across the street and apologize to Mom.
到街对面 向妈妈道歉
I got nothin' to apologize for.
我没什么好道歉的
You don't have to mean it. I never do.
你不用真心道歉 我从来就不是
Georgie just mind your business.
小乔治 别多管闲事
Okay sorry.
好吧 抱歉
In case you were wondering
为防你想知道
I didn't mean that.
我刚才不是真心的
See how easy it is
看到这有多简单了吗
These home computers are amazing.
这些家用电脑太了不起了
I could start a real bookkeeping business with that thing.
有了它 我都能开展真正的记账生意了
And that would go a long way to giving you
那对你得到你想要的经济独立
the financial independence you're looking for.
可大有帮助啊
Darn tootin'.
可不是嘛
Just for your information
告诉你一声
Sheldon is using the computer right now
谢尔顿现在正在用电脑
to try and fix your marriage.
试图修复你的婚姻
Really
真的吗
What did it say
电脑怎么说
It said...
它说
"Get out of your mother's house."
"滚出你妈的房子"
Mom. I'm serious.
-妈妈 -我是认真的
I want a cigarette and I'm tired of hiding behind the garage.
我想抽烟 我受够了躲在车库后面偷偷抽
You think I should apologize to George
你觉得我该向乔治道歉吗
Well of course not. That would set a terrible precedent.
当然不是 那会立下一个不好的先例
I think you should go back over there
我觉得你应该回家
to pick up some clothes for the kids
收拾点衣物给孩子们
and be all cold and distant
一边装出冷漠疏远的样子
so he has to apologize to you.
那他就得向你道歉了
Oh that's not bad.
这主意不坏
Do it.
照做吧
I will.
我会的
Why you drinking tea
你怎么还在喝茶
Get out.
滚 蛋
Oh hello.
你好
Were you coming back or...
你这是要回来吗 还是...
Just to get some clothes for the kids.
只是给孩子们拿点换洗衣物
Were you coming to talk to me
你是来找我谈谈的吗
Well... yeah.
这个嘛 是的
I um...
...wanted to apologize.
想道歉
Really
真的吗
Want to go for a walk
想散散步吗
Talk a little
聊一聊
Sure.
好啊
Hey kids come here.
孩子们 过来
Look at that.
你们看
It looks like your mom and dad are gonna be all right.
看样子你们爸妈要和好了
Does this mean we're going home
这代表我们要回家了吗
It appears so.
看起来是的
I didn't even get to wear my earmuffs yet.
我都还没机会戴耳罩呢
And this program will allow us to track our family finances
这个程序能帮我们记录家里的收支情况
create a budget and prepare tax documents.
做出预算 以及准备报税文件
That's impressive.
真厉害
Would you like to know how much money
你想知道你每年
you spend on beer annually
花多少钱买啤酒吗
No. I would.
-不想 -我想
$936.
936美元
George.
乔治
If you switched to Hawaiian Punch
如果你换成喝夏威夷宾治
we could live in a bigger house.
我们就能换一间更大的房子了
Hello I am Eliza.
你好 我是伊莱莎
Eliza...
伊莱莎
Are... you...
你 是不是
hot
很性感
In your fantasies am I hot
在你的幻想里 我性感吗
Oh... yes.
是的
You realize you're not talking to a real person.
你知道自己不是在跟真人说话吧
Hey get out of here. I'm about to score.
给我出去 我快得手了
Missy Turn off the computer.
米希 把电脑关了
Time to go to bed.
该上床睡觉了
I got to finish my homework
我得做完我的功课
Big money big money.
中大钱 中大钱
Yes
Hello
你好
Hello
你好
What What Nothing.
-怎么了 -什么 没事
Button you pull. That's stupid.
按钮得用拉的 这设计真白痴
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片