Nobody else is stronger than I am
世上没人比我强壮
Yesterday I moved a mountain
昨天我移了一座山
I bet I could be your hero
我相信我能当你的英雄
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
I am a mighty little man
我是个了不起的小家伙
They've got to stop them in this series.
得在这次阻止他们
Geez Damn it Come on
-靠 -不是吧
In Texas the Holy Trinity is God
在德克萨斯 神圣的三位一体是上帝
football and barbeque
橄榄球与烧烤
not necessarily in that order.
顺序可以互换
I don't care if you win just cover the damn spread.
谁输谁赢无所谓 让分后算我赢就行
Mom are you betting again
妈 你又开始赌球了吗
No.
没有
...fans on their feet
球迷们如坐针毡
trying to urge the defense on.
希望队伍展开防守
弃踢是常见战术
橄榄球中 攻方有4次进攻机会
Fourth down.
第四攻了
Gotta punt.
必须得弃踢
Gotta.
必须
Statistically always punting on fourth down
数据上来说 总在第四攻弃踢
makes no sense.
是十分不合理的
Statistically you're a dumbass.
数据上来说 你就是个傻逼
When the Aggies give up the ball
当德州农工大学队
on their own five yard line
被对方在自家五码线进攻时
但对方就必须从较远的地方开始进攻
弃踢是将球踢远 虽然球权也转移给对手
the opposing team has a 92% chance of scoring.
对方队伍有92%的几率会得分
When they punt from deep in their own territory
当他们从自家场地深处弃踢出去
the other team still has a 77% chance of scoring.
对方队伍还是有77%的几率得分
But since they convert on fourth down 50% of the time
但他们继续进攻有50%几率再得4次进攻机会
the math says they should never punt again.
所以计算显示他们不该弃踢
Okay you can tell me
好了 你偷偷跟妈说
who's his real daddy
他亲生父亲到底是谁
Sheldon I've been playing and coaching football all my life.
谢尔顿 我踢球与当教练一辈子了
I don't think your math is right.
我觉得你算得不对
Really
是吗
Hang on.
你等等
No it's right.
不 没算错
...able to hold A&M to a field goal
让农工队只是射门得分的话
they'll only be down six points.
他们就只会落后6分
Is it your dentist
是你的牙医吗
The little guy with the glasses
那个戴眼镜的小个子
You can tell me.
放心跟我说实话
I got to tell you I'm a little worried about my mother.
跟你说 我有点担心我妈
She keeps betting on these football games
她整天赌这些球赛
next thing you know there's an Italian fella
之后哪天可能就会来个意大利小伙
driving off with her pickup truck.
来把她的小货车开走抵债
You think Sheldon's right
你觉得谢尔顿说得对吗
About what
哪件事情
The punting and the math.
弃踢还有他的计算
I should think so.
我相信应该对
He's been doing our taxes since he's six years old.
从他六岁时起 我们家纳税就是他在弄
We never been audited.
我们也没被税局稽查
That's true.
这倒是
He even got us that nice refund last year.
他去年还帮我们拿到退税呢
How come Mom's not taking me to school
为什么今天不是妈载我去学校
'Cause once in a while
因为有时候
your dad wants to spend some time with you.
你老爸也会想跟你相处一下啊
My little Shel man.
我的小谢仔
But Mom's car has a backseat.
但是妈的车有后座
Statistically I'm much safer there.
数据上来说 我坐那里比较安全
Hey I'm glad you brought up statistically.
我刚好也想跟你聊一下这个数据
You think those numbers you talked about for Texas A&M
你觉得你昨天说的德州农工大学队的数据
would apply to my JV squad
也能用在我带的队伍上吗
I don't see why not.
没道理不能啊
Unlike our former principal math doesn't discriminate.
数学与前任校长不同的是 数学不歧视人
You're not thinking about taking his advice are you
你不会是想用他的建议吧
Never you mind. But he's wrong.
-用不着你管 -可是他是错的
Everybody knows you punt on fourth down.
大家都知道第四攻应该弃踢
Why does everybody knowing something make it right
为什么大家都知道就等于它是对的
Because.
因为
That's what makes this country great.
美国就是因此而伟大
Many years later
许多年后
my brother would use this same argument
我哥也用了这段话
in front of a judge.
跟法官解释
He was still convicted for urinating in a phone booth.
但他在电话亭里撒尿的事还是被定罪了
Oh damn it.
I'll send in the punting team.
我去让弃踢手上场
Hang on. Hang on.
等等 你等等
What
怎么
Let's go for it.
继续进攻
Why We got plenty of time.
为什么 我们时间还很充足啊
I know. Still want to go for it.
我知道 还是想要继续进攻
We're on the 12 yard line. Everybody know you punt.
我们在12码线上呢 大家都知道该保守弃踢
Why does everybody knowing something make it right
为什么大家都知道就等于它是对的
But we're on the 12 yard line Coach.
但是在我们球门口啊 教练
Okay Coach says we're going for it.
教练让我们继续进攻
Stupid brother.
白痴弟弟
What Nothing.
-什么 -没事
Power left jumbo on two on two. Ready break
左侧突破 准备 散开
And your Wolves are going for it on fourth down.
狼队在第四攻选择继续进攻
What the hell Punt
什么鬼 弃踢啊
Statistically they're better off going for it.
数据上来说 继续进攻比较好
Says who My little boy.
-谁说的 -我儿子
That's why everybody punts.
这就是为什么大家都弃踢
That was just plain foolishness.
这简直就是脑袋抽风
Your little boy's a real genius.
你小儿子可真天才啊
Well actually he is.
他还真是天才
Come on.
不是吧
Too many men on the field defense.
犯规 防守方场上人数过多
Replay fourth down.
第四攻重来
Ah. Thank you Jesus.
感谢老天
Now can I send in the punt team
我现在可以叫弃踢手上场了吗
Coach
教练
And they're going for it again.
他们再度继续进攻
What the hell Punt
什么鬼啊 弃踢啊
Remind me to tell you about the tax refund I got from the IRS.
提醒我下次跟你说我拿到国税局退税的事
Set. Hut
开始
Go go go go go go
上上上上上
Go Whoo
上啊
Go go go Go
冲啊 冲啊
He's at the 30 the 20 the 10.
来到了30码线 20码 10码
Touchdown Wolves
达阵得分 狼队
I never had any doubt Coach. Never had any doubt.
我就没怀疑过你 教练 没怀疑过
Oh booyah Yes.
看到没 太好啦
Sweet dreams baby.
晚安啦 宝贝
Night Meemaw.
晚安姥姥
Can I ask you a favor
我能请你帮个忙吗
Sure. What You know those statistics
-可以啊 什么事 -你还记得
that you were talking about with your dad
你跟你爸爸说的那些什么数据吗
Could... could that be applied to say
那些数据也能套用到...
who might win the Cowboys Packers game next week
比如说下周的牛仔与包装工队比赛吗
And more specifically by how much
能不能更详细到差多少分之类的
I suppose with enough data I could make a reasonable guess.
如果我有足够数据 应该可以给出合理猜测
I don't want a guess I want to know.
我不要猜测 我要确切的
Mom said you're not supposed to gamble.
妈说不可以赌博
Sleep child
睡你的觉 死小孩
Mom In here
-妈 -在这里呢
I'll get those numbers to you tomorrow.
我明天把那些数据弄给你
Just tucking him in.
来哄他睡觉
I got something for you.
我有东西给你
It's dirty.
是脏的
Well that's 'cause it's the game ball.
因为这是比赛用过的球
And you earned it 'cause you helped us win.
这是你应得的 因为你帮我们赢了比赛
Okay but can you wash it
好吧 但你能先洗一洗吗
Sheldon your daddy's telling you he's proud of you.
谢尔顿 你爸爸是在夸你 以你为荣呢
I see. Thank you Dad.
好吧 谢谢你 爸爸
You're welcome.
不客气
I'm still never touching that.
但我还是不要碰它
Let's go wipe it off.
去帮他擦干净吧
For the next five weeks
接下来的五周
I continued to help my father apply statistics
我继续帮我爸爸套用数据
to coach his team.
来执教他的队伍
Not surprisingly they continued to win
毫无意外地 队伍一直在赢
which changed my status in the school dramatically.
这让我在学校的地位冲上云霄
There he is Yo Sheldon
-他来啦 -谢尔顿
Shel dog
谢狗
Math man
数学哥
Hey cutie.
小可爱
It was a nightmare.
简直就是一场恶梦
Shel dog
谢狗
Hugging hair tousling high fives.
拥抱 弄乱头发 击掌
And as my popularity grew so did my time aloft.
我的人气冲上云霄 我在空中的时间也长了
Hey I've been looking all over for you.
我到处在找你呢
Do you know how popular we are
你知道我们现在人气有多高吗
We Yeah.
-我们吗 -对啊
I put the word out I was helping you with the football stats.
我放出消息 说我有帮忙你算橄榄球的数据
And since I'm Asian they bought it.
他们看我是亚洲人就信了
Well I'm glad you're enjoying it.
你享受这感觉我替你高兴
You're not
你不享受吗
I was touched 82 times this afternoon.
今天一下午 我被人摸了82次
What do you mean "touched"
你说"摸"是什么意思
Not inappropriately.
不是不合适地乱"摸"
Joyfully.
是开心地
Affectionately.
充满热情地
A cheerleader hugged me to her bosom.
还有一个拉拉队员抱我入她胸
That's amazing.
太爽了吧
No more high fives.
我不要再击掌了
I can't keep washing my hands.
我不想一直洗手
There's my little assistant coach.
这不是我的小助理教练吗
Hello Dad.
你好啊 老爸
You have any more uh arithmetic ideas
关于下星期的比赛
for next week's game
还有什么算出来的小妙招吗
I do but I'm trying to finish my homework.
有啊 但我想先写完作业
Looks complicated.
看起来很复杂啊
Advanced chemistry. It's not.
这是高等化学 不复杂啊
What are you guys doing
你们在干嘛呢
Your brother and I are gonna knock around a few ideas
你弟弟跟我在讨论讨论下周
for the Freeport game.
对弗里波特队的比赛打法
Can I help
我能帮忙吗
Actually yeah. Run out to my truck.
可以啊 帮忙跑去我车上
There's a little uh pocket calculator on my front seat.
前座有一个口袋计算器
I got you a present.
我有个礼物给你
Thought it might help with your figuring.
我想这个能帮忙你算
I don't need a calculator Dad. I am one.
我不需要计算器啊 爸 我就是计算器
Sure.
行吧
Go get it anyway.
还是去拿吧
It's solar powered.
是太阳能的
Can you imagine that
你能想象到吗
Georgie turn that down
小乔治 小声点
What
什么
And look at this room. You need to clean this mess up.
看看你房间 快给我整理干净
I'll get to it later.
我等会再弄
No you'll get to it now.
不行 你现在就整理
I don't feel like it.
我不想
Well your feelings have nothing to do with it.
不管你想不想都现在去打扫
And stop throwing that ball.
也不要再丢那个球了
My room bothers you so much you clean it.
我房间让你这么看了烦 那你来打扫
That's it You are grounded You hear me
够了 你被禁足了 听到没
The hell
怎么回事
There's my little Moonpie.
我的小饼饼
Did you get a chance to look at this week's games for me
你抽空帮我看这周的比赛了吗
Not yet. You understand there's a little time crunch involved.
-还没 -你知道没剩多少时间了吧
Meemaw's got some outstanding loans I need to pay back.
姥姥有一些欠款得还上呢
I'm sorry I have to finish my homework
抱歉 但我得先写完作业
and then I have to help my dad.
然后去帮完我爸爸之后才有空
Come on.
来嘛
I'm your meemaw.
我是你亲爱的姥姥
I make you cookies.
我还给你做饼干
How 'bout a little quid pro quo
咱们俩互利互惠一下如何
As much as I enjoy your use of Latin no.
虽然我挺喜欢你用成语 但不了
Shelly time to get ready for bed.
谢利 该准备上床睡觉了
But I'm not done.
我还没写完呢
Don't you sass me too young man.
小家伙 别跟我顶嘴
Brush your teeth and get to bed.
去刷牙睡觉
I think your anger might be a little misdirected.
我觉得你的怒火有点发泄错地方了
Don't you start with me either.
你也别来跟我挑事
Now see you're still shootin' wide.
瞧 你还是在拿旁人出气
Good evening Mrs. Cooper.
晚上好 库珀太太
Can I speak to Sheldon
我能和谢尔顿聊聊吗
No you can't speak to Sheldon.
不行 你不能
It's late. He's in bed.
很晚了 他已经睡了
Oh. I was hoping he might like to go to a party with me.
我想问他要不要跟我一起去派对
Has everyone lost their mind
大家都集体发疯了吗
He's a little boy Tam
他还是个孩子 丹
Good night
晚安
Good Lord that mouth of yours is a machine gun tonight.
天啊 今晚你那张嘴好像机关枪似地
What are you doing
你在干什么
Trying to calculate the odds of the Dolphins
试着算出下周日海豚队
covering the spread next Sunday.
让分后赢的几率
I like dolphins.
我喜欢海豚
They talk out of that hole in their head.
他们用脑袋上的洞来说话
Hello.
你好
Tam
What are you doing here
你怎么会在这儿
Would you like to go to a party with me
你愿意和我一起去派对吗
I don't want to go to a party with anyone.
我不想和任何人一起去派对
I would
我愿意
Please Sheldon.
拜托了 谢尔顿
It's right across the street.
就在马路对面
Just get me in and you can go back to bed.
带我进去 然后你就可以回来睡觉了
I have to ask my mom.
我得先问下我妈妈
No need. She knows all about the party.
不用了 她知道派对的事
All right then.
那好吧
I need a minute to change.
给我一分钟换身衣服
Why are you wearing that It makes me look older.
-你为什么穿这个 -能让我看起来成熟些
Just so we're clear once you get in
先把话说清楚 一把你弄进去
I'm going home.
我就回家了
Hey Sheldon
好呀 谢尔顿
What are you doing
你这是干什么
Hey everybody check it out Sheldon's here
各位快看啊 谢尔顿来了
I hope that doesn't wake up the kids.
希望孩子们不会被那派对吵醒
Should I go over there and say something
要不要我去那边说说他们
I think you should.
我觉得有这必要
I was bluffin'.
我刚只是吹牛
Don't make me put my socks back on.
别逼我把袜子穿回去
Never mind.
算了
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
I feel bad about yelling at Georgie.
我朝小乔治大吼了 我觉得很内疚
He deserved it.
他该骂
You should do it more.
你应该多吼他几次
I think he's feeling left out
我想他是觉得被冷落了
now that you and Sheldon are spending so much time together.
因为你和谢尔顿现在常黏在一起
Are you kiddin' me
你在逗我吗
You're always saying to find something in common with Sheldon.
是你一直叫我找到和谢尔顿的共同话题
And now that I have you're telling me I'm ignoring Georgie
现在我找到了 你又说我冷落小乔治了
I'm not saying that.
我没那么说
I'm just reminding you
我只是提醒你
that you got two sons.
你有两个儿子
I know.
我知道
I also got a daughter I need to spend more time with.
我还有个女儿 也应该多跟她相处
You do.
确实是的
But I wouldn't worry about her.
但我不担心她
She's an angel.
她就是个小天使
Sheldon Sheldon Sheldon
谢尔顿 谢尔顿 谢尔顿
Put me down Sheldon Sheldon
-放我下来 -谢尔顿 谢尔顿
I said put me down.
快把我放下来
Put me down I'm not enjoying this
放我下来 我不喜欢这样
Missy what are you doing here
米希 你在这儿干吗
Cuttin' loose. What are you doing here
放纵享乐 你又在这儿干吗
Slowly Slowly
慢点 慢点
Slowly
慢点
You too
你也来了
Hello Georgie
你好 小乔治
You're not supposed to be here.
你不应该来这里
Neither are you You're grounded
你也不该来 你被禁足了
Come on.
走吧
Both of you are going home. Now.
你们俩现在就给我回家
Oh thank goodness. Aw.
-谢天谢地 -不要嘛
How's puberty treating you
青春期对你影响如何
Because it is knocking me for a loop.
它可让我长大了许多
Right
对吧
Somehow my parents didn't find out about me partying heartily.
我父母居然没发现我去纵情派对了
But I did pay a price
但蜡烛两头烧
for burning the candle at both ends.
确实让我付出了代价
B+ 展示你的计算过程
I made a mistake on a math test.
我数学考试时犯了错
In my exhaustion I did all the calculations in my head
我太累了 我在脑子里运算
and like a common zoo animal forgot to show my work.
结果像动物园里的动物一样 忘了写出计算过程
I just saw one of those girls from the party
我刚遇到派对上的一个女生
and she acknowledged my existence by doing this.
她对我做了这个动作 像承认了我的存在
I've never felt so alive.
人生首次感到如此有存在感
Are you okay
你还好吗
No I'm not.
不好
Yeah so
这又怎么样
A B plus that's the beginning of the end.
B+ 这是走向终点的开始
The end of what
什么终点
My life.
我的人生
If I don't make some changes who knows how far I'll fall.
如果我不做出改变 谁知道我会堕落到什么地步
I could wind up a drug addict or a lawyer.
说不定我会变成瘾君子 或律师
Is it possible you're overreacting
你会不会反应过激了
No. Starting today I'm done helping the football team.
不 从今天起 我不再帮橄榄球队了
But if you do that girls will no longer greet me like this.
你这样妹子们再也不会这么跟我打招呼了
I'll greet you like that.
我会这么跟你打招呼
It's not the same.
这不一样
Extricating myself from this situation
让我自己从这些事中抽身
was not going to be easy.
并非易事
My father was counting on me Meemaw was counting on me
我父亲指望着我 我姥姥指望着我
the school was counting on me.
学校也指望着我
After much thought I decided to employ
深思熟虑后 我决定
the one strategic maneuver I knew I could count on.
采取最靠得住的战略策略
I tattled.
打小报告
Mom
妈妈
Sheldon got a B plus That's terrible for him
谢尔顿得了B+ 真是太糟糕了
I'm very disappointed in all three of you.
我对你们三个非常失望
That is right. Missy this is for your ballet class.
没错 米希 这是给你上芭蕾课穿的
We do not go to parties.
你们不许去派对玩
I am very disappointed.
我非常失望
Got to go pick up some equipment for the team you want to join me
我要去给队伍弄些装备 你想一起去吗
Can't. I'm grounded.
去不了 我被禁足了
Yeah well...
是啊 不过
I won't tell if you won't.
你不说 我也不会说出去
Sheldon going
谢尔顿去吗
That little snitch Absolutely not.
那个背信弃义的小崽子 当然不去
Sheldon still gonna help you with the math
谢尔顿还会帮你算数吗
I don't think so.
我想不会了
But I did hear his little Asian friend can do it.
但我听说过他那个亚洲人朋友也会算
Hello.
你好
So...
话说
Oilers are a four point favorite for this Sunday's game
这个周日油工队赔率是让四分
but it's a home game so I'm thinking I give the points.
但是是油工队主场 所以我想赌主队让分赢盘
What do you think
你觉得呢
I think I have to tell on you again.
我觉得我又得告发你了
Go ahead. What's your mama gonna do ground me
有本事就去啊 你妈能怎样 禁我的足吗
Take the Oilers give the points.
买油工队 让分赢盘
I love you Moonpie.
我爱你 小饼饼
For the record the Oilers lost that game
告诉你们 油工队输了那场比赛
by four touchdowns.
对手四次触地得分
Meemaw never asked for my advice again.
姥姥再也没问过我意见了
Come on come on come on. Damn it
来啊 来啊 我靠
Okay.
好了
One more time.
再一次
Mama needs a new Jet Ski
妈妈需要台新的摩托艇
And...
结果是
rat bastard
王八羔子
How you doin' there Connie
你好吗 康妮
Hey Vincent.
你好啊 文森特
What brings you to Louisiana
你怎么到路易斯安那州来了
Wait don't tell me.
等等 别告诉我
You're here to see Tony Orlando.
你是来看托尼·奥兰多的
'Fraid not.
不是的
Oh well you ought to check him out.
反正你该去看看他的表演
He'll uh knock your socks off.
他会让你大吃一惊的
I like my socks on.
我喜欢穿着袜子
Connie you're putting me in a very awkward position.
康妮 你让我很为难
I won a toaster oven playing keno.
我玩基诺彩票赢了一台面包烤箱
You want it
你想要吗
I got one.
我自己有
I want my money.
我想要我的钱
All right.
好啊
Hang on.
稍等
That's a very nice jacket.
你的外套很好看
You're looking dapper.
你穿着看上去很帅
Hey they comp my room here.
这个赌场送我免费住宿
They do that for you
你也有这个待遇吗
Actually they frown upon my presence here.
事实上 他们不太欢迎我来
Oh. I also get a coupon for the breakfast buffet.
我还拿到了自助早餐的优惠券
You should look into that.
你应该去问问
Constance
康斯坦丝
Patience Vincenzo.
耐心点 文森索
Yes
赞啦
All right now we're talking.
太好了 这才像话嘛
Will you take a down payment in quarters
你愿意收硬币作为头期款吗
Do I have a choice
我有选择吗
Start scoopin'.
开捞吧
I got to go see Tony Orlando.
我得去看托尼·奥兰多了
Hey I need another cup
再给我一个杯子
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片