That is unbelievable.
真是太棒了
Good for Bert.
恭喜伯特
Damn the MacArthur Genius Grant.
靠 麦克阿瑟奖啊
50万奖金颁发给在各领域内具有非凡创造性的杰出人士
俗称天才奖 为纪念约翰·D·麦克阿瑟而命名
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
没人比他更值得获得这个奖了
Everything is stupid and I want to go home.
一切都蠢爆了 人家要回家了
That's Sheldon's way of saying
这是谢尔顿版本的
he's proud of Bert too.
他也为伯特感到骄傲
Hey it's not even called the "Genius Grant "
而且这奖都不叫做"天才奖"
it's the MacArthur Fellowship.
正确名称叫"麦克阿瑟奖学金"
Just like it's not Frankenstein
就像不是《弗兰肯斯坦》
it's "Frankenstein's Monster."
而是《弗兰肯斯坦的怪物》一样
以为是那怪人的名字 其实那个科学家的名字
又称《科学怪人》 弗兰肯斯坦常被人误会
Which brings us back to that hulking simpleton over there.
这又让我们联想到后面这位庞大巨怪
And if anyone's a genius
要说谁是天才
it's me for the way I brought that full circle.
那也是能联想出刚才那一串的我
How much money did he win
他赢了多少奖金呢
Over half a million dollars.
超过50万美元
And he doesn't have to use it for research
而且这个奖金没规定得用在研究上
he can do whatever he wants with it.
他可以任意支配
Oh good maybe he can build a nicer bridge to live under.
他家住天桥底 现在可以盖一座更好的桥住了
Here he comes. Right.
-他过来啦 -是啊
Be polite.
保持礼貌
I know how to behave.
我知道怎么表现好吗
Do you
是吗
Hey congratulations Bert
恭喜你啊 伯特
Yeah good for you. That's amazing.
-恭喜你 -太厉害了
Thanks.
谢谢
I was as surprised as anybody.
我也跟所有人一样惊讶啊
When they called and told me I won
他们打来通知我得奖了
I didn't believe them.
我都不相信是真的
And then they said "No you really won."
然后他们说"你真的赢了"
And then I said "Cool."
我就说"酷啊"
Someone call George R. R. Martin
谁快打给《冰与火之歌》的拖搞作者
this guy knows how to finish a story.
这家伙可知道怎么给故事收尾了
I've gotten pretty good at telling it.
我已经越来越会说这故事了
Well see ya.
好啦 再见
Some genius.
还天才呢
I zinged him with sarcasm he didn't even notice.
我讽刺了他一番 他都没听出来
I know
对啊
and it was the greatest sarcastic quip I've ever heard.
你讽刺他的金句可是我这辈子听过最毒的呢
Well aren't you a peach.
你这小嘴抹了蜜了
Our whole universe was in a hot dense state
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait
The Earth began to cool
The autotrophs began to drool Neanderthals developed tools
We built the Wall We built the pyramids
Math Science History unraveling the mystery
That all started with a big bang
Bang
By aBU 201611
第十季 第九集
Who leaves their bike in the hallway
谁会把自行车随便放在走廊啊
You know if I knew how to ride one
我要是会骑自行车
I'd steal it.
我肯定就偷了
Ignore him
别理他
he's just cranky because Bert from the geology lab
他耍脾气是因为地质学的伯特
won a big grant.
赢了笔大奖学金
Oh I heard him interviewed on the radio
我有在广播上听到他的采访
You know when they told him he won
就是颁奖单位通知他获奖时
he didn't believe it but then he did believe it.
他本来不相信 然后他又相信了
It was so funny.
真是笑死我了
Who listens to the radio anymore
这年头谁还听广播啊
Bert is studying the way microbes in rocks
伯特在研究岩石中的微生物
can survive in extreme environmental conditions.
在极端环境下是如何生存的
They say it could be a potential indicator
有人认为这可能成为
of life on other planets.
其他星球上有无生命的指标
You know what I've met Bert.
我见过伯特这人
Isn't he an indicator of life on other planets
他的存在不就指出了其他星球上有生物吗
You used to make those jokes about me.
你以前开这种玩笑都是吐槽我的
Now everything is Bert Bert Bert
现在什么事都是伯特这个 伯特那个
You know Sheldon maybe if you take the time
谢尔顿 或许如果你花时间
to actually read Bert's research
真去读读人家的研究成果
you'd be less bitter about him winning.
或许你就不会对人家赢奖这么郁闷
You want me to read a geology paper
你是要我去读地质学论文啊
Honestly I just want you to be quiet
说实话 我是想你闭嘴
but I'm all out of taffy.
可是我身上没糖果了
You busy
你在忙吗
There's somebody out here who wants to meet you.
这边有个人想进来见见你
Who is it
谁啊
Say hello to everybody's little friend
跟大家的小号朋友打声招呼
remote control Stephen Hawking
遥控史蒂芬·霍金教授
Where did you get that
你从哪搞来的啊
I found him in an old box.
在一个旧物箱里发现的
Why would you buy it
你为啥要买这玩意
I didn't buy it.
我没买
I made it.
是我做的
Last question.
最后一个问题
What is wrong with you
你脑子是有什么毛病啊
What's the big deal
这有什么大不了啊
Howie it's in poor taste.
华仔 这是低级趣味
No it's not. Check it out.
才没有 你看好了
He says fun stuff.
他会说很好笑的句子
Hey good lookin'
你好啊 美女
want to go for a spin
想跟我去兜几圈吗
His eyes also light up in the dark.
他的双眼在黑暗中会亮哦
It's always fun watching him read someone else's work.
看他读别人的研究成果总是很好玩
It's like scrolling through the emojis on my phone.
感觉就像在翻阅我手机上的表情包
Ye why
为 为啥
Eh why
为啥啊
Oh that's why.
原来如此
Sounds like the night we had coitus.
听起来像我们交媾的那晚
I hope you're happy making me read this.
让我读这东西的人 你们这下高兴了吧
Bert's work is remarkable.
伯特的成果非凡
And I'm more upset than ever.
我现在更不高兴了
This is worse than when I had to admit that
承认这点比有一次我得承认
Cedric the Entertainer's actually entertaining.
搞笑艺人塞德里克真的很搞笑还不爽
黑人演员 常在一些喜剧电影或电视中客串/配音
Sheldon it's foolish to be angry that Bert's work has merit.
谢尔顿 因为伯特的成果很棒而生气太傻了
Yeah well I I am angry
我是生气
And you telling me not to be angry
而你叫我别生气
makes me angry
让我更生气
And do you know how hearing myself
你知道一遍又一遍
say the word angry over and over makes me feel
听自己说"生气"这个词让我作何感想吗
Ooh a angry What are you doing
-生气吗 -干嘛多嘴
I I I knew the answer. I got excited.
人家知道答案 得意忘形了嘛
Hey buddy why don't we go for a walk
伙计 要不我们出去散散步
so you can calm down.
好让你冷静一下
That's a good idea.
这个主意好
I guess everyone's having them now.
看来现在所有人都能有好主意了
Hey I'm trying to help you.
我是想帮你好吗
Fine.
好吧
You can walk ahead of me and scare off the pigeons.
你可以走在我前面 帮我吓走鸽子
Just wave your arms a little and they fly away it's not...
就挥挥你的稻草人手 鸽子自然会飞走
Okay Raj
拉杰
I'm gonna show you something.
我要给你看样东西
Now one of us thinks it's offensive.
我们俩有一人觉得这玩意冒犯人
The other thinks it's hilarious
另一人觉得这玩意很好笑
and a great idea.
而且创意十足
But I'm not going to tell you
但是我不会告诉你
who likes it.
我们俩谁喜欢它
This is tough.
这问题太难了
But I'm going to say
但我要说
it's the guy who shows me YouTube videos
喜欢它的人肯定是给我看网上
of people getting hit in the nuts.
人们蛋蛋被各种打到视频的那家伙
You're crazy.
你净瞎说
I've worked with Hawking.
我跟霍金共事过
He's got a great sense of humor.
他非常有幽默感
And I think he'd like it.
我觉得他会喜欢这玩意
Okay call him and show him.
好啊 那打给他视频给他看
I dare you.
我谅你不敢
I have no problem calling him.
打给他当然没问题啊
Fine then do it.
好啊 那就打吧
Fine I will.
行 我打
While you're bothering the world's most famous scientist
当你在烦世界上最有名的科学家时
be sure to show him how funny he looks
记得一定要给他看看他被卡在
getting stuck under our dishwasher.
我们洗碗机下的样子有多可笑
What's this button do
这个按钮是做什么的
Gentlemen start your wheelchairs.
先生们 启动轮椅
"Gentlemen. Start Your Engines "
经典赛车开场白 原句为
You laughed when that guy got hit in the nuts.
你也在别人蛋蛋被打到时嘲笑人家啊
I laughed because the guy was Leonard.
我笑是因为那个被打到的人是莱纳德
I admire you Leonard.
我很佩服你 莱纳德
Really why
是吗 为什么
You're happy with who you are.
你对自己的状态感到满意
You don't get jealous of other people.
你不会去羡慕嫉妒其他人
Instead of being weighed down by ambition
你没有雄心壮志 也不会被其拖累
you just float along like a dead body in a river.
你只是一具飘浮在河上的死尸 随波逐流
I couldn't just take the compliment.
我为啥就不能接受夸赞就好
I had to ask why.
还得嘴贱问原因
You know I do understand what you're feeling.
我真的理解你现在的感受
My brother and sister's accomplishments
我哥哥和姐姐的成就
have always been held over my head.
一直让我抬不起头
How did you deal with it
那你是怎么处理的
I wet the bed until college
我直到上大学才不尿床
but I don't think that's a quality fix.
但我觉得这不算是个好的解决方法
I can't believe I was surpassed by a geologist.
我无法相信自己被一个地质学家超越了
I mean...
我是说
rocks
石头啊
He studies rocks
他研究的是石头
If rock is so great how come paper beats it
石头要真有这么棒 为啥剪刀石头布会输给布
Leonard I'm having a primal urge to throw this rock.
莱纳德 我有一股冲动想把这石头扔出去
Do it.
扔吧
Visualize it as your anger
把它想象成你的气愤
a and and toss it out of your life.
然后用力将它扔出你的人生
Perhaps I will.
或许我真会扔
This rock
这块石头
encapsulates all my negative emotions.
封装了我所有的负面情绪
I will cast you far away.
我会将你抛得远远的
Feel free to take out a pigeon while you're at it.
你被抛出天际时 可以顺便砸死只鸽子
Let it fly.
让它飞出天际吧
What happened
怎么回事
I tried to let go of anger
我试图释放我的气愤
and threw a rock into my foot
结果扔石头砸到我的脚了
Then he got more angry and kicked the rock
然后他更生气 用另一只脚
with his other foot. Wha
-去踹那块石头 -搞毛啊
And what happened to you
你又是怎么回事
Oh I laughed so hard
我狂笑不止
I burst a blood vessel in my nose. It's fine.
鼻子的血管都笑破了一根 没事啦
You know it's one thing to be envious
嫉妒别人就算了
but now you're injuring yourself.
可你现在还自残
It has to stop.
这事必须得打住
Although if you are gonna do it again
不过如果你要再自残
please let me know so I can get it on video.
麻烦一定要告诉我 我好拍下来
You know Sheldon
谢尔顿
instead of fixating on what Bert has
别老关注伯特拥有什么
you should appreciate all of the good things in your life.
你应该感恩自己人生拥有的美好事物
Y You've got love
你拥有爱
you're in good health
你拥有健康的身体
you've got a roof over your head.
你还拥有一个栖身之所
Yeah but you've got all those things
是啊 但这些你也有
and no one's lining up to be you.
也没人争着排队想成为你啊
Anybody else want to try
谁想来试试
I'm gonna go make some more tea
我再去泡点茶
and question my life choices.
顺便质疑下我的人生选择
You're up.
你去吧
This is getting old fast Dolores knock it off
谢小妹妹 老娘快没耐心了 别再唧唧歪歪
Uh do you really think calling me names is helpful
你真的觉得这么乱叫我有用吗
I do
有啊
Your life is fine you big baby
你的人生很好了 你个老屁孩
Maybe you're right.
或许你说得对
Really
不是吧
If it helps
不知能否安慰到你
I'm questioning your life choices too.
但我也在质疑你的人生选择了
Thank you Penny.
谢谢 佩妮
You know I just need to keep reminding myself
我就是需要提醒我自己
that Bert's success is not my failure.
伯特的成功并不代表我的失败
There you go.
这就对啦
And that men of his large stature
而且像他这样巨型的身材
are more susceptible to a wide array of life threatening diseases.
也更容易感染上各种各样的致命病症
There you go...
这就...对啦...
What's up
什么事
I'm conducting a quick survey.
我在做一个快速调查
Do you think this respectful
你觉得这个向伟人致敬的
and loving tribute to a great man
集可敬与可爱为一体的小玩意
is in poor taste
是低级趣味吗
Yep.
没错
Do you think this is in poor taste
你觉得这个算低级趣味吗
Does it spin around and do tricks
这玩意可以打转或耍把戏吗
Yeah
都可以
Then yeah.
那就是低级趣味
What do you think
你怎么看
That is hilarious
太好玩了
Give me the remote control.
把遥控器给我
I want to drive him into the girls' restroom.
我要把他开到女厕所去
All right we're done. It's offensive.
结论已出 这不是个好玩意
Top of the afternoon gentlemen.
下午好 各位
You're in a good mood.
你心情不错啊
Well it's a new day. I have a new outlook.
新的一天已降临 我有了新的世界观
You know I realized
我发现
I don't need to worry about other people.
我不用关心别人的事
I just need to think more about myself.
我只需要多把心思花在自己身上
Oh how will we ever get used to the new you
天 我们要如何习惯全新的你
Well I'm glad to see you moving forward.
我很高兴你能放下 并向未来前进
Bert did quality research.
伯特的研究做得不错
And he deserves whatever accolades he receives.
他受到表彰也是理所当然的
What is going on
怎么回事
Did you upgrade his software last night
你昨晚升级了他这机器人的软件吗
I think he might be learning on his own.
他这是开启了自主学习模式
Then the robot uprising has begun.
看来机器人大叛乱指日可待
Excuse me I need to pay Bert
抱歉 我要去向伯特
a proper congratulations.
表达我的祝贺
He doesn't just look like C 3PO
他不光长得像C-3PO
《星际大战》中的金色机器人
now he walks like him.
现在连走路都一模一样了
Bert
伯特
I wanted to let you know that I read your research
我想让你知道 我读了你的论文
and your award is well deserved.
你拿奖 实至名归
Thanks.
谢谢
I've been hearing that a lot.
最近我听了好多类似的话
Ever since I won people think I'm great.
自从我得奖 大家都夸我棒棒哒
Well just this once
好吧 仅此一次
you can count me as people too.
你可以把我和大家混为一谈
You know as a MacArthur Grant winner
作为麦克阿瑟奖学金获得者
I'm allowed to nominate someone for next year.
我可以提名下一届的候选人
Really
真的吗
I didn't know that.
我还不知道这件事呢
So I was thinking you know
我想了一下
engineers don't get a lot of respect.
工程师好像一直不受重视
Is your friend Howard working on anything cool
你朋友霍华德有在研究什么有趣的东西吗
You know I I'm not sure.
我 我不确定
You know you'd have to ask him.
你应该去问他
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Leonard I hurt myself again.
莱纳德 我又伤了自己
Excuse me I I have to go take some pictures.
不好意思 我得去拍点照片了
I can't believe you head butted a water fountain.
真不敢相信你居然用头去撞饮水器
No I went to punch the water fountain
不 我本打算一拳砸在饮水器上
slipped in water in front of the water fountain
结果踩到饮水器前一滩水滑倒
and hit my head on the water fountain.
才一头撞上饮水器
I can't imagine you being violent.
我真想象不出你暴力的样子
美国50年代搞笑组合
It's not hard. Just picture the Three Stooges
也没那么难了 想象一下"三个臭皮匠"的表演
and then take away two stooges.
然后去掉两个臭皮匠
I'm so disappointed in myself.
我对自己太失望了
Jealousy is completely illogical.
嫉妒真是毫无逻辑可言
It's a human emotion Sheldon.
这是人类的正常感情 谢尔顿
Everyone gets jealous.
每个人都会嫉妒
I'm jealous of Leonard and Penny
我就很嫉妒莱纳德和佩妮
and Howard and Bernadette
霍华德和伯纳黛特之间
for being in such happy relationships.
相亲相爱的关系
What about me and Sheldon
不嫉妒我和谢尔顿吗
Sure.
有啦有啦
I've always been jealous of how much money
我一直都很嫉妒拉杰
Raj's family has.
家底丰厚
Thank you for saying that. Next to buying things
谢谢夸奖 家底丰厚的好处
that is the best part about having money.
除了买买买 就是炫炫炫
Ever since I met Penny
自从我认识了佩妮
I've been envious of her looks.
我就一直嫉妒她的美貌
Aw thank you.
谢谢
That's why I was so happy when you cut your hair off.
所以你剪短发时我才笑得合不拢嘴
What
什么
You know what I mean.
你懂我的意思
You were still hot but more like a
虽然你依然美丽 但更像是
"Why'd that hot girl cut off all her hair " hot.
"那位美女是疯了才剪短发吧"的那种美
You liked my short hair right
你喜欢我的短发造型吧
Yeah... I loved it.
是...我挺喜欢的
Love you love the hair
爱你 爱你的秀发
would love to change the subject.
咱们换个话题吧
Seriously none of you liked it
说真的 你们都不喜欢吗
I thought it was brave.
我觉得你很勇敢
Does that count as liking it
这算是喜欢吗
You know how come nobody's talking about
那怎么没人说起
Howard's dopey haircut
霍华德的傻逼发型呢
I think he looks cute.
我觉得他挺可爱呀
And I think you're cute.
我觉得你也很可爱
I think you're both cute.
我觉得你俩都好可爱
I think I hate all of you nerds.
我觉得我烦死你们这群书呆子了
Sorry I'm moving slowly.
抱歉 我走得太慢了
Oh I don't mind.
没事
If you pull a butterscotch out of your pocket
要是你现在能从兜里掏出颗奶油硬糖
it would be like I'm walking with my grandma.
那就真是和跟我奶奶散步一模一样了
Oh no.
不是吧
地质学教授
伯特伦·凯布勒
Did you... A plaque
你看... 纪念牌
Nobody wants to see this.
没人想看这玩意儿
Well change "Plaque" to "Mixed race couple"
把"纪念牌"这词换成"跨种族伴侣"
and you are my grandma.
你就是我奶奶无疑
I can't take this anymore.
我再也受不了了
Bert. Bert. Bert
伯特 伯特 伯特
Come in.
请进
All right let's do this...
好了 我们上吧...
Bert
伯特
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
What happened to you
你这是怎么搞的
Rock rock water fountain.
石头 石头 饮水器
I am not proud of this.
这事说起来并不光彩
But I have been envious of your recent success.
但我最近一直在嫉妒你的成功
Wow I won the MacArthur Grant
我得了麦克阿瑟奖
everyone's jealous of me.
大家都开始嫉妒我
Once I get Lasik I'll be out of things to wish for.
等我把视力激光矫正手术做了 就别无所求了
I was hoping by admitting my weakness to you
我是希望通过向你坦白我的弱点
I'd somehow be unburdened.
卸下我心中的重担
Is it working No.
-轻松了吗 -没有
Now that you know my weakness
现在弱点被你知道了
I hate you more than ever.
我对你的恨意更强烈了
Well you know we're both pretty smart.
我们俩都很聪明
I bet if we put our heads together
要是我们能一起想
we could come up with a solution.
说不定能想出个办法呢
We... Hang on.
我们 等等
You're my enemy.
你是我的敌人
Now the enemy of the enemy is my friend.
敌人的敌人就是朋友
And right now I'm my own worst enemy.
现在 我最大的敌人是我自己
That makes you my fr
也就是说 你是我朋...
Okay I'm good to go.
说吧 我洗耳恭听
Great.
太好了
Now that we're friends want to see if we can
既然我们是朋友了 要不要试试
get tickets to a taping of Ellen
去搞两张《艾伦秀》的观众入场券
You know what This isn't gonna work.
拉倒吧 这行不通的
Sheldon... wait.
谢尔顿 等等
You know you've got a lot to be happy about.
你可以高兴的事有很多
You're at the top of your field
在你的领域里 你是最棒的
you have a great girlfriend.
还有一个那么棒的女朋友
Yes That's right
对啊 想起来了
I have Amy
我有艾米
In the past you've professed feelings for her.
过去你曾经喜欢过她
Does it eat you up inside
看着我拥有她 而你却望而不得
that I have her and you don't
心里是不是苦死了
It used to.
以前是
But now that I'm rich and successful
不过现在我已经名利双收了
I think I can do better.
应该可以找个更好的
I can't believe you punched Bert.
不敢相信 你居然打了伯特一拳
I didn't punch him.
我没有挥拳打他
He turned around and I gave him
是趁他转身 我给他来了一招
a Captain Kirk karate chop.
寇克船长的手刀
I'm not even sure he knows I did it.
都不知道他有没有感觉到
Hey Sheldon
谢尔顿
I've got someone here who might make you feel better.
我找到了或许能安慰你的人
Hello Sheldon.
你好 谢尔顿
Professor Hawking
霍金教授
I understand
我理解你
you're struggling with professional jealousy.
因为事业上的嫉妒心而挣扎的感受
Thanks Leonard now he's not gonna think I'm cool.
谢你啊 莱纳德 现在害他觉得我不酷了
Don't worry I know how you feel.
别担心 我懂你的感受
I have never won a Nobel Prize.
我一次诺贝尔奖没得过
Oh wow that doesn't seem fair.
感觉好不公平啊
It's fine.
没关系
I've been on The Simpsons.
我上过动画片《辛普森一家》
How do you deal with the success of your colleagues
你怎么面对同事们的成功呢
I remind myself
我提醒我自己
every scientific advancement is a victory.
每一次科学进步 都是胜利
Also I was on Star Trek.
而且我还上过《星际迷航》
Oh it was a good one. He played poker with Sir Isaac...
那段可精彩了 他和牛顿玩扑克
You don't care.
你没兴趣
Don't waste your time on jealousy Sheldon
不要把你的时间花在嫉妒上 谢尔顿
you're too brilliant.
对你的聪明才智是种浪费
How can you feel bad
连史蒂芬·霍金都夸你聪明
if Stephen Hawking says you're brilliant
你怎么还能难过呢
I can't.
不难过了
Thank you Professor Hawking.
谢谢你 霍金教授
You are a gift to mankind.
你就是人类之光
There should be statues of you everywhere.
应该到处都有你的雕像
You know the Lincoln Memorial has a big chair.
林肯纪念堂里的林肯坐在椅子上呢
We could swap you right in.
直接把你换上去吧
I always thought a motorized toy of me would be cool.
要是有个我形象的电动玩具就好了
What a wonderful idea
多好的主意啊
How does this man not have a Nobel
怎么还不给这人颁诺贝尔奖
Do not tell Wolowitz. Way ahead of you.
-不要告诉沃洛威茨 -早想到了
A new study came out and it said that laughing
新的研究成果表示 大笑
由著名主持人兼喜剧演员艾伦主持
深受观众喜爱的《艾伦秀》现场
makes your brain work better.
能让你的大脑运转更灵活
And I know that's true because laughing
这是真的 因为我已经
has made me the "Smartiest."
把自己笑成"最葱明"的人了
Although on the other hand
不过话说回来
babies laugh a lot and they're dumb.
婴儿们也总笑 他们怎么那么笨
Do people know about her
大家认识这人吗
'Cause she's delightful.
她好讨人喜欢啊
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片