So what are you working on these days
最近在研究什么呢
I'm studying one celled organisms
我在研究单细胞生物
to try and find the neurochemicals
试图从它们身上找到
that lead to the feeling of shame.
引发羞愧感的神经化学物质
What would a one celled organism have to be embarrassed about
单细胞生物会有什么需要感到羞耻的事啊
Same as all of us getting out of a car without underwear.
跟人类一样 车震完没穿内衣裤下车
Speaking of underwear
说到内衣
I have some interesting news...
我有件挺有意思的事
Okay if it's sometimes Howie wears yours
如果是华仔偶尔会穿你的内衣
Leonard already told us.
那莱纳德已经告诉过我们了
He was being funny.
他只是在搞笑
I'm pretty sure.
我挺确定
Anyway I was asked to be a part of a magazine article
总之 我受邀参与一篇关于加州
about the 50 sexiest female scientists in California.
最性感的50名女性科学家的杂志专题
Isn't that cool
挺酷的吧
I think it's awful.
我觉得很恶心
Why would you say that
你怎么会这么说
Bernadette is a successful microbiologist.
伯纳黛特是一位成功的微生物学家
She should be celebrated for her achievements not her looks.
人们应该赞美她的科研成果 而非长相
I mean what kind of message does that send
参与这种杂志专题 人们会怎么想
I think the message is "Check out the rack on that scientist."
人们大概会想 "快看这童颜科学家的巨乳"
Why can't someone be thought of as both smart and pretty
为什么就不能被认为是智慧与美貌并存的呢
I just don't think a professional woman should have
我只是不觉得一位职场女性需要靠
to flaunt her sexuality in order to get ahead.
展现自己女性象征来获得成功
Okay what's the big deal
这有什么大不了的啊
Look if it helps me make a sale with a physician
如果那能帮我多卖点药给医生
I don't think it hurts to flirt a little.
我觉得跟人家调情一下也无妨
I mean laugh at their joke touch their arm
比如他说笑话就笑一笑 碰碰他们的手臂
maybe crank up the AC in the car beforehand you know
下车前冷气开超强 激凸一下
to wake up the girls.
见医生管用
Maybe it's different in the world of sales
可能在销售业界里有不同之处
but it's already hard enough for women
但在科学界 女性本来就已经
to be taken seriously in science.
很难被人认真公平对待了
I was kind of excited about the article
我本来还对参与文章这事挺激动
but now you're making me feel bad.
现在被你说得好难过
No I think you should do whatever you want.
我觉得你想做什么就去做
You know maybe if fashion magazines had female scientists in them
当年如果有时尚杂志刊载女性科学家照片
I would've become a theoretical physicist.
说不定我也去当理论物理学家了
Stop smirking at each other.
少在那边互相偷笑了
第八季 第七集
Thank you.
多谢
No thank you.
是我该谢你
Delivery men are the unsung foot soldiers
送货员是我们国家贸易界的
of our nation's commerce.
无名英雄
It's because of people like you
因为有你这样的人
people like me can limit our human contact.
像我这样的人才可以尽少接触人
I'd shake your hand but well you know.
我很想与你握手 但你懂的...
I'm not a delivery man I I'm a doctor.
我不是送货员 我是名医生
Although I do often deliver
虽然我也常常
alarming biopsy results to my patients.
亲自给病人送结果很不妙的活检报告
That's humorous.
你真幽默
All right.
呵呵
Yeah I I bet you leave your patients in stitches.
我猜你一定常让病人满身缝补[捧腹大笑]
That was also humorous.
我这也是幽默
All right.
呵呵
Are you bringing flowers to a patient
你手里拿着花
to cushion the blow of a terminal diagnosis
是为了安慰得了不治之症的病人吗
That wasn't a joke.
刚才不是笑话
All right.
呵呵
These are actually for a nice woman
这花是要送给一位
who makes sales calls to my office.
打来我办公室推销的好姑娘
You know they have delivery people that will do that for you.
你知道有送货员可以代劳这种事吗
I was hoping to impress her
我是想靠着
by tracking her down on the Internet
网上人肉她搜到的资料
and then showing up unannounced at her door.
直接来到她家门口给她一个惊喜
Making the extra effort.
付出额外的努力
Good for you.
给你按个赞
Great timing food just got here.
时间刚刚好 晚餐刚刚到
Ooh Siam Palace Yes.
-泰国菜吗 -是的
Uh mee krob and chicken satay Yes.
-泰式炒面与鸡肉沙爹 -有的
Uh extra peanut sauce No but you can have mine.
-多加花生酱了吗 -没 我的给你好了
Eh well very well.
好吧 也行
Oh and on the topic of sharing things that are yours
既然说到了分享你的东西
there is a gentleman caller
有个穿着绅士的访客
bringing flowers to your fiancee as we speak.
就在我们说话的这会 带着花找你未婚妻
What
什么
Why didn't you say that first
你怎么不一进门就说呢
Why didn't you get extra peanut sauce
那你为什么没多加花生酱呢
We can both play this game.
要斗嘴谁怕谁
Can I help you
请问你有事吗
Oh hi.
你好
Uh does Penny live here
请问佩妮住这里吗
May I ask why
我能问为什么找她吗
I I met her at my office she winked at me.
我是在我办公室认识她的 她对我抛媚眼
I I came hoping to initiate a romantic relationship.
我来是希望跟她继续发展
Look I'm pretty sure she didn't wink at you.
我敢确定她没对你抛媚眼
Oh she did.
她绝对有
Seductively like this.
动作很勾人 像这样
And then she touched my arm for two Mississippis.
然后她摸了我的手臂足足两大秒
Like you know one Mississippi two...
像这样 一大秒 两...
I got it I got it.
我懂了 我懂了
Listen um...
听我说
I think there's been a misunderstanding.
我想这中间一定是有什么误会
See Penny is my fiancee.
佩妮是我的未婚妻
Really
真的吗
I've never seen her wear an engagement ring.
我从未看见她手上有戴订婚戒啊
Really
真的吗
So am I to presume
所以我可以推测
that her flirtation was just a sales technique
她挑逗我只是销售技巧的一种罢了
I think so.
应该是
When will I learn
我什么时候才学精啊
It's just like the cute girl at the pet store all over again.
宠物店可爱女店员事件又重演了
Excuse me
你说什么
Oh uh she touched my arm for five Mississippis
那个女孩摸了我的胳膊五大秒
and I bought a $2 000 iguana habitat.
我就花了两千美元买了一个鬣蜥的生态箱
美国比较受欢迎的大型蜥蜴类宠物
Which she was always too busy to come over and see.
不过她一直很忙 总是没时间来我家看
You give these to Penny.
这花你送给佩妮吧
You're you're a lucky man.
你是一个幸运的男人
Thank you.
谢谢
Sorry.
抱歉
You probably don't want her to see this.
这张卡片还是不要给她看了
It's unnecessarily graphic.
里面有点过于"图文并茂"了
Hold on Doctor.
等等 医生
Leonard where are your social skills
莱纳德 你的社交礼仪呢
This man is clearly upset.
这位先生显然很难过
We should invite him in for a hot beverage.
我们应该邀他进屋喝一杯热饮
He tried to score with Penny.
可是他想泡佩妮啊
So have these two and they're having dinner with us.
这俩以前也是啊 现在不还跟我们一起吃饭吗
So how was work today
今天工作如何
It was fine but you'll be happy to know
还行 你一定会很高兴得知
they pulled the sexy scientists article.
性感科学家这篇文章取消了
What happened
发生什么事了
I don't know.
我也不知道
They just canceled the photo shoot
杂志社就取消了照片拍摄
and said they're rethinking it.
还说他们要重新考虑一下
Well I'm really sorry
真是太遗憾了
but I think it's for the best.
但我认为这是一件好事
You want people focusing on your achievements
你会想人们关注你的科研成就
not staring at your breasts in some magazine.
而不是盯着某本杂志上的你的咪咪
I guess.
大概吧
It's really not that important.
上杂志也没那么重要
Hey up here.
喂 我眼睛在这呢
Sorry we're... we were talking about them.
抱歉 说到了就忍不住看一下
So look I I wasn't going to say anything
听着 我本来不打算说的
but since you seem to be okay with the article being canceled
但既然你对于文章被取消没意见
I have a little confession.
我要向你坦白件事
I'm the reason it was pulled.
文章取消是因为我
What How
什么 怎么回事
I sent the editors of the magazine
我给杂志社的编辑
a pretty scathing e mail.
发了一封严厉斥责的电邮
Amy what did you say
艾米 你说了什么
I simply pointed out
我只是简单指出
that they would never consider doing an article
他们绝对不会考虑做一篇关于
ranking male scientists on their sexuality
男性科学家性感指数排名的文章
let alone showing them in various stages of undress.
更不会刊登他们不同程度宽衣解带的照片
Because no one wants to see Neil deGrasse Tyson
因为没人会想看奈尔·德葛拉司·泰森
美国著名天文学家 热衷于科普科教事业
in a wet T shirt bent over the hood of a Porsche.
湿身在一辆保时捷的引擎盖上弯腰撅屁股
Well it doesn't make a difference
这没什么两样
because they agreed it was in bad taste
反正杂志社也认为这的确不得体
and now you agree so...
现在你也这么认为 所以...
Amy saves the day.
艾米成功挽救大局
No what happened was you got jealous
错 事实是你嫉妒我
so you took away a chance for me to get some publicity.
所以你夺走了我宣传自己的机会
But it was bad publicity.
但那是负面宣传
That's for me to decide not you.
负不负面我说了算 关你屁事
I disagree.
我不同意
As a female scientist I think what you do affects all of us.
我认为你的所作所为 会影响我们所有女性科学家
And I think you don't like people expressing their sexuality
我认为你不喜欢人们展现性感的一面
because no one wants you to express yours.
因为没人会要求你展现
Oh Amy I'm so sorry.
艾米 非常对不起
That was over the line.
我说的太过分了
You have a nice night.
祝你有个愉快的夜晚
Please don't go.
拜托别走
Up until my vicious attack you were the one in the wrong.
在我没有恶意攻击你前 错的人一直是你啊
Here you go Doctor.
医生 请喝
Red Zinger with one teaspoon of honey.
紅木槿活力茶 加一勺蜂蜜
Thank you.
谢谢
Neat Star Trek mug.
这《星际迷航》的杯子不错
I actually have one of the phasers from the original TV show.
其实我有一把来自老版电视剧的光枪
Oh cool.
How'd you get that
你怎么搞到的
Oh easy Gene Roddenberry needed a vasectomy.
简单 吉恩·罗登贝瑞要做结扎手术
Wait a minute.
等一下
You've snipped Gene Roddenberry's vas deferens
你居然切掉了《星际迷航》之父的输精管
Yes.
是的
Wow he really went where no man has gone before.
他真是去了"前人未至之境"啊
Where no man has gone before
源自《星际迷航:原初系列》开场导语中的一句短语
I don't like to brag but uh you see
我不喜欢吹嘘 但你们要知道
I'm kind of the doctor to the stars' urinary tracts.
我是专门帮明星们看尿路的医生
Uh you you want to see James Cameron's kidney stone
你们想看詹姆斯·卡梅隆的肾结石吗
也是《泰坦尼克号》与《阿凡达》的导演
好莱坞著名导演 因自编自导科幻电影《终结者》成名
He was so happy after he passed it
他把石头排出之后超开心
he gave me a Terminator.
还送了我一个终结者模型
That is amazing.
真是太不可思议了
How long have you been collecting
你从什么时候开始收藏的
Ever since I was a kid
从我小时候就开始了
but uh I didn't really get serious
但之前都是玩票性质的
《星际迷航:原初系列》中饰演进取号星舰舰长詹姆斯·T·柯克
until William Shatner's bladder infection.
直到威廉·夏特纳膀胱感染 我才开始认真收藏
What'd you get What'd you get
你又得到什么好处 快说说
Well he said it was a tribble.
他说那是《星际迷航》里的毛毛球
It could be a toupee
但其实也可能只是假发
but either way it's pretty cool.
反正不管是哪样 都蛮酷的
I I would love to see your collection.
我超想去看你的藏品
Anytime.
随时欢迎
Uh I've got some cool stuff.
我有一些很酷的收藏
When I first started
我最初开始收藏时
I thought it would be a good way to meet women
我以为这会是结识女性的好方法
but well you know...
但结果...你们懂的
Sure. Preach.
-当然懂 -太懂了
Can I ask you a personal question
我能问你一个私人问题吗
Sure.
问吧
Um I mean you're a guy like me
你和我基本上是一类人
so how'd you get a girl like Penny
你是怎么追到佩妮这类的上等妞
Well you know just...
就是...
being myself really.
做自己 真的
Oh please
少来
You know I'll tell you how he did it.
我来告诉他是怎么做到的
Implacable relentless badgering.
绵延不绝 永无休止地纠缠
In urology terms
用泌尿学术语来说
he was a drug resistant staph infection.
他就像是耐药性葡萄球菌
And she was a urethra that could not shake him.
而她是摆脱不了葡萄球菌感染的尿道
I don't know that I'd call myself an infection.
我可不会称自己是一种感染
A gallant man would defend
英勇的男人回先为
his fiancee for being called a urethra.
被称为"尿道"的未婚妻辩护
Can we please change the subject
我们能换个话题吗
Well that didn't go your way.
貌似天不遂人愿啊
Dr. Lorvis what are you doing here
乐维斯医生 你在这里做什么
Uh well actually I came to see you.
其实我是来找你的
Really Why
是吗 为什么
Ah that's a good question.
这问题问在点子上了
Apparently someone was being awfully flirty
貌似某人没有戴订婚戒
while not wearing their engagement ring
而且整天跟人眉来眼去
causing another someone to show up here
所以招惹了那人来到这里
thinking the first someone might be available.
因为他以为某人还单身
Oh God. Don't make it so hard on her.
别说得这么复杂
Look the first someone is the deceitful you.
某人指的是不忠的你
The second someone
那人指的是
is the delightful Dr. Lorvis.
可爱的乐维斯医生
Oh this is very embarrassing.
这太尴尬了
Dr. Lorvis I am so sorry.
乐维斯医生 真的很抱歉
I did not mean to lead you on.
我不是故意让你误会的
You touched my arm for two Mississippis.
你把手放在我的胳膊上有两大秒呢
That's why you were mumbling "Mississippi."
怪不得你嘴里叨念着几大秒呢
Can we talk in private
我们能借一步说话吗
Please yes.
好的 走吧
I'll be right back.
我马上就回来
So what other celebrity genitalia have you handled
你还经手过哪些名人的生殖器
So uh what's the deal
怎么回事
You take off your ring when you go to work
你上班就不戴订婚戒吗
What No No
什么 没有这回事
I just put it on the other hand and...
我就是戴在另外一只手上
turn it around.
再把戒指转个圈
Keep that hand in my pocket.
然后把手放在口袋里
Why
为什么
Well what do you mean why
这有什么好奇怪的
Look I make more sales
如果医生认为我是单身
if these doctors think I'm single.
我就能卖得更多
I did the same kind of thing as a waitress.
我做服务员的时候也做过同样的事
The real question is what is he doing in your apartment
我想问的是 他在你的公寓里做什么
Oh he was upset.
他不高兴
So Sheldon invited him in for a hot beverage.
谢尔顿就请他进屋喝热饮
You were okay with that
你没意见吗
No. I got upset
有 我也很不高兴
And Sheldon made me a beverage too.
然后谢尔顿也给了我一杯热饮
Okay he just showed up at my door.
他突然出现在我门前
Don't you think that's a little weird
你不觉得有点奇怪吗
A little but... he's basically harmless.
是有点 不过他没有恶意
He's actually kind of a nice guy. Okay.
-他其实人挺好的 -好吧
Whatever look my company does not allow me
总之 我的公司不允许我
to socialize with doctors outside of work.
私下和医生有接触
You got to get rid of him.
你得赶走他
Why am I the one that has to get rid of him
为什么要我去赶走他
I can't do it He's my best client
我不能去 他是我最好的客户
All right I'll get rid of him.
好吧 我来赶走他
But you owe me one.
不过这次算你欠我的
Hey we're going to Oliver's house to see his collection.
我们要去奥利佛家欣赏他的收集品
You want to go with us
你要和我们一起去吗
Yeah sure.
好的
You owe me.
你欠我的
Oh my God
我的上帝啊
Leonard I was wrong.
莱纳德 我错了
Heaven does exist.
天堂真的存在
And it's in the basement of a urologist's house
而天堂就在谢奥区
in Sherman Oaks.
一个泌尿科医生的地下室里
Welcome to my Fortress of Solitude.
欢迎来到我的"孤独堡垒"
This is where I go to get away from...
这是我摆脱
all my other solitude.
我其他孤独的地方
Oh come on. It's a replica.
这是复制品吧
Original.
原版
Oh I think I just cheated on my wife.
我想我刚背叛了我的妻子[高潮了]
The gun from Hellboy
这是电影《地狱男爵》里的那把枪吗
Yup.
How did you get it
你怎么得到的
Bought it at auction.
在一个拍卖上买回来的
Oh I was hoping for a juicy tidbit
我还期望听到男主角
about Ron Perlman's testicles.
朗·普尔曼的蛋蛋奇闻呢
Oliver I'm going to play bingo
奥利佛 我要去玩宾果了
Okay Mother. Have fun.
好的妈妈 玩得开心
Still lives with his mom.
还和他妈妈住在一起
Yikes right
真可怜 对吧
Yeah I'm not quite sure how to respond.
我不知道该如何回答
Wow Donkey Kong
大金刚
This this was my game when I was a kid
这是我小时候最爱的游戏
Because it's a story of a pretty blonde girl
因为这是一个美丽的金发女孩
tirelessly pursued by a small oddly shaped man
被一个畸形的矮小男人不停追逐的故事吗
No because I liked it.
不是 因为我喜欢
Well now don't get defensive.
干嘛一说就炸毛
You're oddly shaped but you got the girl.
你是有点畸形 不过你追到女孩了啊
So I've noticed Leonard gets teased a lot
我注意到莱纳德
about his relationship with Penny.
因为和佩妮的感情经常被取笑
Yes. If you'd like to join in
是的 如果你也想加入
the premise is their love seems unlikely and doomed to failure.
我们一般以爱得好蠢注定失败为开头
So you think she'll be single soon
所以你觉得她很快会单身吗
Oh if you want to get in on the pool
如果你想加入那个阵营
you're too late...
一切都太晚了
All the squares have been purchased.
那里已经人满为患
Interesting.
有意思
Excuse me I have to take care of something.
抱歉 我还有点事要办
Leonard as your friend I feel
莱纳德 身为你的朋友
I should tell you something. What
-有件事我必须要告诉你 -什么
I'm still upset about that peanut sauce.
我还在气那个花生酱的事
Oh could you hold the door
请不要关门好吗
Nice flowers. Thank you.
-好美的花 -谢谢
They're for a girl.
是送给一个姑娘的
Uh I'm being implacable and relentless.
我要绵延不绝永无休止地纠缠她
Isn't she lucky
这姑娘真幸运啊
She keeps sending me mixed signals.
她给我的信号暧昧不明
But I I think we both want the same thing.
但我...我想我俩追求的东西是一样的
What's that
追求什么
Unconditional love.
无条件的爱
I guess that's all anybody wants.
谁不想要这个呢
I guess so.
没错
Well I hope you get it.
祝你成功
One Mississippi two Mississippi.
一大秒 两大秒
Next game let's switch helmets.
下一局我们换着头盔玩吧
No I'd look silly in that helmet.
不要 我戴你那个头盔好蠢
I I can't take these.
我不能收你的花
Well why not
为什么啊
I mean you want what I want.
你我追求的目标一致
And we had two wonderful Mississippis.
我俩一起拥有过美好的两大秒时间
But what about the other girl
那另一个姑娘怎么办
Oh right.
好吧
I'll tell her we should just be friends.
我会告诉她只做朋友
Dr. Lorvis
乐维斯医生
Penny we should just be friends.
佩妮 我们还是当朋友吧
Happy
你高兴了吧
You think he bites
你觉得这玩意会咬人吗
Stick your hand in there and find out.
把你的头伸进去试试看吧
You fooled me with that goat at the petting zoo.
上次在动物乐园看山羊时你就骗过我
You will not fool me again.
这次休想再骗到我
I wonder where Dr. Lorvis is.
乐维斯医生去哪儿了
He's been gone a while.
他离开好一会儿了
Maybe he's playing bingo with his mommy.
也许是在陪他妈咪玩宾果游戏吧
It's sad how some guys can't cut the apron strings.
都成年了还这么粘父母 真可悲
Okay now you're messing with me.
你说这话是特么在逗我吧
Uh guys we're locked in here.
各位 我们被锁这里了
Oh this day just keeps getting better
今天的好事真是一件接一件啊
So you just left them alone playing games in your house
所以你就把他们留在家里玩游戏吗
Well they seemed happy and...
他们玩得挺开心的
I thought that would give me time
这样我们也有更多时间
for you and I to get to know each other better.
能更深入了解彼此
That was before we met.
这都是遇见你之前的事了
We all have a past.
谁人没有过去呢
Doc you've got to see what you're doing
医生 你要知道你的所作所为
is is a little creepy.
实在有点小吓人
出演《异形》的美国著名女演员
You sound just like Sigourney Weaver
我跟踪西格妮·韦弗进厕所时
when I followed her into a restroom.
她也说了同样的话
Okay you can't just go chasing after
你不能一遇到对你好的姑娘
every girl who's nice to you.
就追着人家走
Well that's not what Sheldon says.
谢尔顿可不是这么说的
And he seems to know his way around the ladies.
他这人看着挺会泡妞的啊
Hey Leonard. Guess who's back Dr. Lorvis
莱纳德 猜猜谁回来了 乐维斯医生哦
Yeah. You care to join us
你想和我们一起玩吗
What
什么
You locked them in your basement
你把他们锁在你的地下室里了
Well they're they're not locked in.
他们没有被锁啊
The door just sticks.
门只是卡住了而已
Okay so how do they unstick it
好吧 那要怎么才能把门打开
They'd need the key.
必须用钥匙
Okay.
够了
Nope. That's it.
不行 够了
We are gonna go over there right now.
我们马上去你家
And you are going to let them out.
把他们放出来
Three Mississippi four Mississippi... Move it
-三大秒 四大秒 -快走
Oh good you're here.
太好了 你在这里
Amy I am so sorry.
艾米 我真的很抱歉
That has to wait. This weirdo locked
那个等等再说 这疯子把
the guys up in his basement. What
-那几个男生都锁在他家地下室了 -什么
She seems nice. Who's she Just walk.
-她人看着不错 叫啥名啊 -赶紧走
You can do this.
你一定可以的
One ladder left
还剩一个梯子了
Oh ho Yeah Yes
-好耶 -太棒了
Next level
下一关
Leonard are you okay Better than okay.
-莱纳德 你还好吗 -超级棒
I am having the game of my life
我正处于游戏人生的最巅峰
Dr. Lorvis isn't there something you want to say
乐维斯医生 你不是有话要说吗
Yes.
对哦
I'm very sorry for locking you in my home.
我很抱歉把你们锁在我家里
Yeah that was very uncool.
没错 这也太不够意思了
Get the hammer Get the hammer
抓那个锤子 抓那个锤子
Got it.
成了
Okay Leonard let's go
好了 莱纳德 我们回家吧
J Just hang on
再等一下下
Well while we wait
那个 你们等待的时候
would you like to see Tobey Maguire's prostate sonogram
想不想看看托比·马奎尔的前列腺超声波扫描
《蜘蛛侠》主演
Sure. Yeah.
好吧
Oh spoiler alert.
剧透一下
Uh he was worried about nothing.
他完全是想太多
后有彩蛋
露胸+保时捷照效果图
此为著名天文学家奈尔·德葛拉司·泰森
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片