Knight to queen's bishop five.
马吃掉后的象
Oh very nice. what's leonard going to do this
高招 莱纳德要如何应对
Does he give up the pawn or does he give up the position
是舍弃卒 还是改换布局呢
Let's find out.
马上揭晓
Leonard ready
莱纳德 准备好了吗
Ready. Go.
-好了 -开始
Damn it. I slipped.
该死 滑了一下
Too bad.
真可惜
you know the rules of secret agent laser obstacle chess.
但你清楚激光障碍特工象棋的规则
Leonard died again sheldon. you're up.
莱纳德又死了 谢尔顿 你上吧
Despite my deep love of chess lasers and aerosol disinfectant
虽然我深爱象棋 激光和空气消毒剂
I must forfeit.
但我必须放弃
Why
为什么
Because it's almost 11 00. so
-因为快到11点了 -那又怎样
So penny has a "don't knock or I punch you in the throat" rule.
佩妮给我立了"11点前敲门就往喉咙揍一拳"规则
Hey you know what'd be a great idea
这个主意好不好
We get some girls over here and play laser optical strip chess.
我们找些女生来玩激光视觉脱衣象棋
Believe me howard any girl who would be willing to play that
相信我 霍华德 肯玩象棋的女生
You don't want to see naked.
你不会想看她们的裸体
You underestimate me.
你太低估我了
Penny. penny.
佩妮 佩妮
Penny.
佩妮
Hey sheldon.
好啊 谢尔顿
It's 11 00 a.m.
上午11点到了
I know. you're safe.
我知道 你安全了
This package came while you were at work
包裹送到时 你在上班
oh great my rhinestones.Thank you.
太好了 我订的莱茵石 谢谢
Excuse me. what
-等等 -怎么了
You have to sign this.
你要签收
What is it
这是什么
When I signed for the package
我签收了包裹
I was deputized by the united parcel service
我就代表邮递公司
And entrusted with its final delivery.
并受委托最终送达
I now need you to acknowledge receipt of the package
我现在要你确认收到包裹
So that i'm fully indemnified and no longer liable.
我才算完整履行法律义务
Sheldon it's just a box of rhinestones.
谢尔顿 只不过是一盒莱茵石而已
Well the contents are irrelevant.
这跟物品无关
A legal bailment has been created.
法定委托关系已经形成
Is that mean nothing to you
你一点都不重视吗
It means nothing to anybody.
没有人会重视这个
Come here let me show you what I'm doing.
过来 给你看看我做的东西
"bailment" describes a relationship in common law
‘委托’在普通法里的解释是
where a physical possession of personal property
当个人的私有财产
or "chattels "
或者说动产
is transferred from one person the bailor
从委托人一方转移到
To another person the bailee...
受托人一方
Yeah yeah yeah. look look look
对对对 快看
I started a business.
我做起了一门生意
Obviously not a cleaning business.
显然不是干净的生意
No I'm making flower barrettes. see
不是 我在做花花发夹 看
I call them penny blossoms.
我起了个名字叫佩妮花花
I made one for myself
我给自己做了一个
then all the girls at work wanted one.
接着店里的女生也想要
Then I showed some to this lady who runs a shop in old town.
然后我拿给在旧城镇开店的老板娘看
She sells cards and homemade jewels
她卖一些卡和自制首饰
She said she wanted to sell them. I said "okay."
她说想卖呢 我答应了
And in one week i made a $156.
一周里我赚了156美刀
Good for you Sign here.
真好 签收吧
Sheldon don't you get it
谢尔顿 你没听懂吗
If this takes off
如果生意做下去
I won't have to be a waitss anymore.
我就不用当服务员了
But then who will bring me my cheeseburger on tuesday nights
那周二晚上谁给我带干酪汉堡
Another waitress.
其他服务员呗
What's her name
她叫什么名字
I don't know.
我怎么知道
And you're going to let her handle my food
那你还放心让她负责我的食物
Nancy. her name is nancy.
南希 她叫南希
I think you're just making that up.
你瞎编的名字吧
Sheldon I'm sorry about your hamburger okay
谢尔顿 抱歉不能给你带牛肉汉堡了
I just don't want to be a waitress for the rest of my life.
我不想一辈子就做个服务员
Cheeseburger. I get a cheeseburger.
干酪汉堡 我要的是干酪汉堡
Fine cheeseburger.
行 干酪汉堡
Maybe I'd be better off with nancy.
说不定让南希负责更好
So what do you think
你觉得怎么样
I mean this could be a business right
这门生意能做 对吧
How many of these can you make a day
你一天能做几个
About 20.
大概20个
And how much profit do you make per...Penny blossom
每个...佩妮花花能赚多少
I don't know like 50 cents. I'm not sure.
不知道 50美分吧 不确定
Of course you're not. all right...
你当然确定不了 好吧
Ten dollars a day times five days a week
1天10美刀乘以1周5天
Times 52 weeks a year is $2 600.
乘以1年52周等于2600美刀
That's all
就这么多
Before taxes.
只是税前
I don't have to pay taxes on this stuff.
我又不用为这些交税
I believe the internal revenue service would strongly disagree.
我相信国税局会强烈反对
But if you took advantage of modern marketing techniques
但是 如果你利用现代营销技巧
And you optimized your manufacturing process
优化生产过程
You might be able to make this a viable business.
或者能做好这门生意
And you know about that stuff
你知道怎么做吗
Penny...
佩妮
I'm a physicist.
我可是物理学家
I have a working knowlge of the
拥有整个宇宙
Entire universe and everything it contains.
及其所有事物的相关知识
Who's radiohead
电台司令[乐队名]是谁
囧囧囧囧囧
I have a working knowledge of the important things in the universe.
我有宇宙重要事物的相关知识
Good luck.
祝你好运
Sheldon hold on.
谢尔顿 等等
Could you maybe show me how to make more money with this.
你能教我怎样才能赚多点钱吗
Of course I could
我当然有能力教你
Sheldon wait
谢尔顿 等等
Will you
你会教我吗
Just to be clear here you're asking for my assistance.
首先声明 你要我协助你
Yes.
是的
And you understand that will involve me telling you what to do
你要明白 这牵扯到给你解释怎么做
I understand.
我明白
And you're not allowed to be sarcastic or snide to me while I'm doing so.
而你不准对我明嘲暗讽
Okay.
好吧
Good.
很好
Let's begin with the premise that
我们的首要前提是
Everything you've done up to this point is wrong.
你之前所做的全都不对
Oh Imagine that.
哇哦 我也猜到了
Sarcasm. good bye. No sorry wait. Please come back.
-讽刺我 拜拜 -不是 对不起 回来
There. done.
完工
All right.
12 minutes and 17 seconds. oh
-用了12分17秒 -噢!
Pretty good right
还不错吧?
Penny ossoms per hour.
计算佩妮花花一小时的产量
Based on your wholesale selling price
再算上批量购买的材料费用
You'll effectively be paying yourself...
你一天实际上只能赚...
$5.19 a day.
5.19美元
"a day"
一天?
There are children in a sneaker factory in indonia who outearn you.
连印度尼西亚的球鞋场童工都赚得比你多
That just can't be right.
这不可能
You're questioning my math no sorry.
-你质疑我的数学能力? -不 抱歉
Want me to show my work
想见识下我的数学大作吗?
Oh god no.
天啊 千万别
Just please tell me what to do about it.
告诉我该怎么做就好
All right.
好吧
Are you familiar with the development
你知道奥诺雷·布兰在1778年开发的
in 1778 used interchangeable parts
可互换零件吗 ?
The assembly line of course.
好吧 就是生产流水线
Okay you know what if I'm not allowed to be snide
听着 既然我不讥讽你
You're not allowed to be condescending.
你也不准显摆
Sthat wasn't a part of our original agreement
原始协议内不包含这条
And I don't agree to it now.
所以我不同意
L right fine.
好吧 算了
How are we supposed to set up machines and conveyor belts in my apartment
我们怎么在公寓里架机器和传送带?
You're thinking of the moving assembly line
你那是指流动生产线
An understandable but not excusable mistake. no.
可以理解 但依然错得不可原谅
The moving assembly line that was introduced by henry ford in 1908.
流动生产线是在1908年由亨利·福特发明的
That innovation is what made possible our modern consumer
这项创新通过低成本的生产商品
Culture by enabling a low unit cost for manufactured goods.
造就了现代消费文化
I guess that isn' one of the topics discussed on your radiohead.
你说的那个电台司令肯定不知道这个东西吧
Let's go. we're going to miss the coming attractions.
来吧 可别错过好戏
What's the matter
怎么了?
I think I bruised a testicle capturing that last pawn.
我在吃掉最后一个卒时扭伤了我的蛋蛋
Give me some timeon ato blow the man down
请稍等片刻 我便将他放倒!
I'm a deepwatesailor just come fromong Kong
我是香港的深海水兵 初来乍到
Give me way hey blow the man down
让开让开 我来把他放倒
If you give me some whiskey
给我些威士忌
I'll sing you a song
听我把歌儿为你唱
Give me some time to blow the man down.
请稍等片刻 我便将他放倒!
Hello
Hello. Hello.
-好啊 -好啊
Come quickly lay aft
船尾甲板上的同胞
To the break of the poop
离开岗哨 快快来吧
To me way hey blow the man down
帮我把他放倒!
Or I'll help you along with the toe of my boot
不然我会用靴子将你踢倒
Give me some me to blow the man down.
请稍等片刻 我便将他放倒!
W W Wait what's going on
等下 怎么回事?
I assume you're referring to the sea chanty.
你是指水手之歌吗?
It's a rhythmic work song
这是一首很有节奏的工作歌
designedo increase productivity.
能够提高产量
Yeah it's crazy but it totally works.
没错 虽然很疯狂 但的确很有效
Look we made is Penny Blossom
看吧 我们不用3分钟
in under three minutes.
就完成了一个佩妮花花
Terrific but that kind of raises more questions than it answers.
很赞 但似乎我更加一头雾水了
Penny's making hair accessories.
佩妮在做头饰
I'm helping her optimize her manufacturing process.
我的工作是最优化生产过程
Alright break's over.
好了 休息时间结束
Pay attention to orders now you one and all...
听好命令 你们全体为一...
Hold on. What are you using as a bonding agent
等等 你用的什么黏合剂?
Hot glue.
热熔胶
You're kidding.
不会吧
Any of the cnoacrylates would do a better job.
任何快干胶都比它好
It won't work the flower'too porous.
不管用 这花容易渗水
What if we infused the bottom layer
我们把矽胶原液注进底层
with silicone RTV to provide a better mounting surface
这样就有了一个更牢固的底座
Intriguing.
好主意
Good question.
问得好
Wh are your marketing and distribution channels
你有什么市场营销渠道吗?
Well ere are the waitresses at my work
呃 和我一起工作的女招待
and this cute little shop in Old Town...
在旧城镇里有一间小巧可爱的商店...
Hush hush hush hush hush virtually non existent.
停停停 没有什么实体店存在
I'm thinking that we set her up
我在考虑 我们首先为她
with a hosted turnkey e commerce system to start.
建立一个电子商务监控系统
Why not eliminate the middle man
还要什么中介系统呢
We could install a small server farm
我们可以装一个小服务器群
with a static IP in her bedroom.
IP地址直接是她卧室!
She'd need some kind of industrial cooling system.
那她就需要一些工业制冷系统了
Of course but before we set up
当然了 不过慢着
a marketing andistribution infrastructure
我们建立市场营销基础设施之前
we should finish optimizing the manufacturing process.
必须先完善生产过程
To start with she has a terrible problem
首先 现在有个严重问题
with moisture induced glitter clump.
闪粉因为受潮而凝固成块了
Yeah it's a bitch.
是啊 真是难伺候
Uh I've seen this before.
这我以前见过
Where
在哪儿?
It's a common stripper problem.
脱衣舞娘常遇到的问题
They dance they swe they clump.
她们一跳舞 一流汗 就凝固了嘛
Are you thinking about adding
你是不是在考虑
a desiccant ke calcium sulfate
加点硫酸钙进去用作干燥剂呢?
Actually I'm thinking about this one stripper named Vega.
其实 我在想一个叫薇迦的脱衣舞娘
But re calcium sulfate could work.
当然啦 可以用硫酸钙
Let's think out the box for a moment.
让我们再想想别的
How about a molecular sieve
用分子筛怎么样
I've got a spaghetti strainer in the kitchen.
我厨房里有个意面筛子
Hey we could liberate some
我们可以从化学实验室
micro porous charcoal from the chem lab.
拿些微孔活性炭出来
Oh great.Raj why don't you and Howard go get the charcoal
很好 拉杰 你和霍华德去拿活性炭
Leonard why don't you start working on preliminary web site designs.
莱纳德 你去给网站做个初步设计
I'll make some space in our apartment
我去我们公寓里腾些地方出来
so we can move the manufacturing process.
这样我们可以展开生产过程
Well what's wrong with my apartment
我的公寓哪里不好了?
It's not my apartment.
这里不是我的公寓
Wait wait what am I going to do
等等 我该干什么
Uh hey it's your business.
呃 这是你的生意
Do whatever you want
做你想做的任何事
Okay cool.
好 真不错
I'm gonna take a nap.
我要睡一觉
I'm still twinking things a little bit
我还在修改中
but this will give you the general idea of the Web site.
但能给你们看网站的大致样子了
So what do you guys think
你们觉得怎么样
Uh pretty much any way I say that
呃 不管我用何种方式说出来
is going to hurt his feelings.
都会伤到他的感情的
Okay what's wrong with it
有什么问题吗
What's wrong with it
有什么问题
Not you. I wasn't asking you.
不是你 我没在问你
Penny
佩妮
Uh well it's a little juvenile.
呃 有一点点幼稚
I mean it kind of looks like the MySpace page
看着像一个13岁女孩的
of a 13 year old girl.
个人主页
No it doesn't.
不像啊
Please. Dateline could use it to attract predators.
拜托 约会热线都可以拿这个来吸引色狼了
Penny this is your enterprise
佩妮 这是你的公司
so it's ultimately your decision
所以最终决议权在于你
but based on the quality of his work
但基于他工作的质量
I'd strongly recommend that we let Leonard go.
我强烈建议开除莱纳德
You want to fire me
你想开除我?
What I want is irrelevant. This is Penny's decision.
我怎么想都没有关系 这是佩妮的决定
Penny
佩妮?
Excuse me but if I did such a bad job
等等 既然我做得那么糟
then why do we already have orders
那为什么已经有人下订单了
We do
真的吗
Uh huh. Look.
Mrs. Fiona Fondell from Huntsville Alabama has ordered two.
阿拉巴马亨斯维尔的菲奥娜·冯戴尔太太要两个
No kidding. Two Uh huh
没开玩笑吧 两个?
Look at the comments.
看那些评论
Thank you Penny Blossoms. These will be perfect to cover my bald spot."
谢谢 佩妮花花 这些为我遮羞再好不过了
that is so sweet.
真感动
Camouflaging bald spots.
当作遮羞的用途
That's primarily a male concern.
这能够吸引男士目光
Perhaps could expand our market.
也许我们可以扩大市场
How are flower barrettes going to appeal to men
花花发卡怎么能吸引男人呢
We add Bluetooth
我们加上蓝牙!
Brilliant. Men love Bluetooth.
太聪明了 男人喜欢蓝牙
Wait a minute wait a minute
等等 等等
you want to make a hair barrette with Bluetooth
你想做一个装有蓝牙的发卡?
Penny everything is better with Bluetooth.
佩妮 任何东西加上了蓝牙都会好很多
Holy crap.
噢 天啊
Someone just ordered a thousand Penny Blossoms.
有人刚订了一千个佩妮花花
Get out
怎么可能
Who needs a thousand sparkly flower barrettes
谁会需要一千个带莱茵石的
with rhinestones
花花发卡
"The Fifth Annual East Rutherford New Jersey
第五届新泽西州东卢瑟福德
Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender Alliance Luau."
男同 女同 双性恋者和变性人联盟宴会
Oh another market to expand
噢 又一个可以开拓的市场
To balding gay men.
裸体基佬
And I'll bet lesbians love Bluetooth.
我打赌女同们喜欢蓝牙
We should get to work.
我们该开始工作了
Wait wait why does it say "one day rush"
等等 为什么他要一天内加急交货
Since when do we offer a one day rush
我们什么时候提供加急服务了
Amazon offers one day rush.
亚马逊购书网提供加急服务的
Yeah but they don't have to glue the books together.
但他们又不需要把书黏在一起
How the hell are we going to make
我们怎么才能在一天内
a thousand Penny Blossoms in one day
做出一千个佩妮花花呢
Don't yell at me.
别对我吼啊
I'm not manufacturing. I'm just Web design.
我又不是负责生产的 我只负责网页设计
Okay well I'm gonna have to call and cancel the order.
好吧 我要去打电话取消订单
Excuse me
什么
but was this not your goal
这难道不正是你的目标吗
Financial independence
通过企业的独特性
through entrepreneurial brilliance and innovation
和创新性来达到经济独立的目的
My brilliance and innovation of course but still.
是我的独特性和创新性 但仍是你的目标
I just don't see how we can pull this off.
我只是不知道我们怎么才能完成这活
That right there that equivotion and self doubt
就是这种支吾的语气和自我怀疑
that is not the American spirit.
这可不是美国精神
Did Davy Crockett quit at the Alamo
戴维·克罗基特[拓荒时代英雄]放弃阿拉莫了吗
Did Jim Bowie
吉姆·鲍伊[美国英雄人物]放弃了吗
They didn't quit.They were massacred...
他们是没放弃 他们被宰了
by like a gazillion angry Mexicans.
被无数愤怒的墨西哥人宰了
Let me put it this way.
这么说吧
Your gross receipts on this one order
你这单的毛收入
will be over $3 000 for one night's work.
将会超过3000美金 只要工作一晚
You guys get started.
大家开工
What are you doing
你在干嘛
Going online to buy shoes
上网买鞋子
She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes When she comes
她来了以后会来山里转转 来转转
She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes
她来了以后会来山里转转 来转转
When she comes
来转转
She'll be coming round the mountain
她来了以后会来山里转转
She'll be coming round the mountain...
她来了以后会来山里转转
You know if I wand to spend my Saturday nights doing this
如果我想周六晚上干这个
I could have stayed in India.
我大可留在印度
Oh stop with the fake third world crap.
别来你那套第三世界的假把戏
Your father's a gynecologist.
你父亲是妇产科医生
And you had a use full of servants.
你有一大帮仆人
We only had four servants.
我们才四个仆人
And two of them were children.
还有两个是小孩
How we doing
干得怎么样了
We have 128 assorted Penny Blossoms ready to ship.
还有128组佩妮花花要做
Oh God we're never gonna finish in time.
天哪 按时做不完了
When she comes When she comes
来转转 来转转
Wait hold.Who made Sheldon the boss anyway
-等下 -是谁让谢尔顿来做主的
I believe I'm hearing some negativity on the factor floor.
我想我听到工厂那边有牢骚
So
怎么样
Penny the labor force is a living organism
佩妮 劳动力是必须
that must be carefully nurtured.
被精心呵护的生命体
Any counterproductive grumbling must be skillfully
任何影响生产力的抱怨
headed off by management. Observe
必须用管理手段扼杀 看着
Hey
Less talk more work
少说话 多干活
Nicely done.
做得不错
Thank you.
谢谢
You hear any union talk you let know.
听到什么工会的声音 告诉我
Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah...
某人和黛娜在厨房
Someone's in the kitchen I know ow ow ow
我知道某人在厨房
Someone's in the kihen with Dinah...
某人和黛娜在厨房
Sheldon
谢尔顿
Sheldon
谢尔顿
'Cause I sold my soul to the company store.
因为我向矿工商店出卖了灵魂
Honey do you want some coffee
宝贝 来点咖啡吗
I don't drink coffee.
不 我不喝咖啡
Come on but if you don't stay awake
拜托 如果你不能醒着
we'll never finish in time.
我们无法按时完工的
I'm sorry coffee's out of the question.
抱歉 咖啡绝对不行
When I moved to California
当我搬到加州时
I promised my mother that I wouldn't start doing drugs.
我向我妈保证我不会嗑药的
Leonard help.
莱纳德 帮帮忙
Sheldon we still have 380 of these things to make
谢尔顿 还有380个要做
I have complete faith that you will make them.Good night.
我绝对相信你们能完成的 晚安
Leonard
莱纳德
But Sheldon without your insight and leadership
谢尔顿 没有你的见解和领导
this entire enterprise will surely fail.
整个公司都会垮掉
You're right of course.
你说得太对了
Here this will help.
给你 会有用的
Very well
很好
but if this leads to opiates or hallucinogenics
但如果这让我麻醉或致幻
You're going to have to answer to my mother.
你要给我妈有个交代
Look at Planck's Constant.
看看 普朗克常数
It could not be less arbitrary.
不能有一点偏差
If it varied slightly life as we know would not exist.Bang
如变了一点 我们熟知的生活就不存在了 嘭!
Now now let's reconsider the entire argument
现在 再看一下整个推论过程
but with entropy reversed and effect peceding cause.
把熵反向 因果颠倒
So you are thinking a universe
这时的宇宙
that's not expanding from the center
不是从中心点膨胀
no it is retreating from a from a possibility space. Bang
是在从一个可能的空间中缩退 嘭!
This is a space where we are all essentially Alice
在这个世界里 我们实际上都是
through the looking glass
镜子里的爱丽丝
standing in front of the Red Queen
站在红发女王前
and we're being offered a cracker to quench our thirst. Bang
口渴了 只有饼干来解渴 嘭!
Of course in another universe let's call it universe prime
当然 在另一个叫元期宇宙的空间里
there's another Sheldon
有另一个谢尔顿
We should let him go to bed. Bang
-我们该让他上床睡觉的 -嘭!
I can't believe we actually did it.
不敢相信我们做到了
1 000 friggin' Penny Blossoms.
一千个该死的佩妮花花
I just want you guys to know
想让你们知道
I am really grateful for your help.
我特别感激你们的帮助
And for ever dollar I make I'm gog to give you 20 cents.
我赚的每块钱 分你们20分
That's your entire profit margin.
那是你所有的利润
Oh.Then never mind.
噢 那算了
I'll print out the shipping label.
我来打印邮寄标签
What
怎么了
We got an e mail from the East Rutherford New Jersey
有封来自新泽西的东卢瑟福的
Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender liance.
男同 女同 双性恋 变性人联盟的邮件
They want another thousand Penny Blossoms.
他们还要一千个佩妮花花
Really
真的吗
One day rush.
一天内加急
I really need to take that off the Web site.
我真该把那个从网上删掉
Okay well guess we'd better get started.
这样的话 我们要马上开工了
You can't be serious.
不是说真的吧
Come on.
拜托
What about the living organism of the workforce
工作间的生命体
and the American spirit
和美国精神哪去了
And Jiminy Crockett at the Alamo
还有阿拉莫的吉米·克罗基特
Davy Crockett.
戴维·克罗基特
Jiminy Crockett was cricket.
吉米·克罗基特是只蟋蟀
yes yes I know that okay
行了 行了 我知道 好了吧
I'm tired I've had like 18 cups of coffee.
我累死了 喝了有18杯咖啡了
The point is if we just pull together we can do this.
关键是 我们振作起来 能做到的
Who's with me
谁和我一起
Penny although you may find it hard to believe
佩妮 也许你不相信
We do have lives.
我们还是有自己的生活的
Leonard
莱纳德
Sorry.
抱歉
My apologies to the gay community
对新泽西的东卢瑟福的
of East Rutherford New Jersey.
同性恋联盟说的
Where's the coffee
咖啡在哪
We're all out.
我们都撤了
No problem.
没关系
I'll be back before this banana hits the ground.
在这香蕉落地之前我会回来的
Yes
吔!
Sorry guys but Secret Agent Laser Obstacle Lunch is just stupid.
抱歉 各位 但神秘激光障碍午餐真是愚蠢
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片