All right I'm moving my infantry division...
现在我调动步兵师
...augmented by a battalion of orcs from Lord of the Rings.
和指环王中的半兽人兵团
We flank the Tennessee volunteers and the North once again wins the Battle of Gettysburg.
从两翼包夹田纳西的志愿者军团
Not so fast. Remember the South still has two infantry divisions. Plus Superman and Godzilla.
没这么容易 南方还有两个步兵师 再加上超人和哥斯拉
No no no. Orcs are magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic.
半兽人是魔法部队 超人最怕魔法
Not to mention
更别提...
you already lost Godzilla to the Illinois Cavalry and Hulk.
哥斯拉早已被伊利诺伊骑兵和绿巨人消灭
Why don't you just have Robert E. Lee charge the line
为什么不让罗伯特·李将军冲锋?
with Shiva and Ganesh
他可以带上湿婆和格涅沙
You guys ready to order Hang on honey.
- 可以点餐了吗? - 稍等 宝贝
Shiva and Ganesh
湿婆和格涅沙
the Hindu gods against the entire Union army
印度教之神? 对抗整个北部联军?
And orcs.
还有半兽人
I'll be back.
我稍候再来
Excuse me.
不好意思
Ganesh is the Remover of Obstacles and Shiva is the Destroyer.
象头神格涅沙擅长清除障碍 湿婆是毁灭之神
When the smoke clears Abraham Lincoln will be speaking Hindi and drinking mint juleps.
当硝烟散尽 林肯将会说印第语 喝南方的薄荷饮料
All right my boss says you have to either order or leave and never come back.
我老板说你们要么点餐 要么永远给他滚蛋
What do you recommend for someone who worked up a man sized appetite
对于做了一早上的举重和有氧锻炼 冒着甜美气息的我
from a morning of weight training and cardio funk
有什么推荐菜式?
A shower.
洗澡
I'll take the Heart Smart platter.
我要个奶酪拼盘
All right thank you and Sheldon
好 谢谢你 Sheldon呢?
We don't eat here.
我们没在这里吃过
I don't know what's good.
不知道什么好吃
Well it's all good.
都很好吃
Statistically unlikely.
概率上不太可能
Just get a hamburger.
就点一个汉堡
You like hamburgers.
你喜欢汉堡
I like the hamburgers where we usually have hamburgers.
我喜欢我们常去的那家汉堡店的汉堡
You can't make the assumption that I'll like the hamburgers here.
不能假定我也喜欢这里的汉堡
I'm sorry.
对不起
Give him a hamburger.
给他一个汉堡
All right which one
好吧 哪种?
The Classic Burger the Ranch House Burger
经典汉堡 农家汉堡
the Barbecue Burger or the Kobe Burger
烧烤汉堡 柯比汉堡?
Can't we just go to Big Boy
能不能去大胖汉堡店?
They only have one burger... the Big Boy.
他们只有一种汉堡 大胖汉堡
Well the Barbecue Burger is like the Big Boy.
烧烤汉堡跟大胖汉堡挺像的
Excuse me in a world that already includes a Big Boy
对不起 既然世上已经有大胖汉堡
why would I settle for something like a Big Boy
为什么我们要满足于像大胖汉堡呢?
Because you're not at Big Boy
因为你不在大胖汉堡店!
Fine I'll have the Barbecue Burger.
好吧 那我要烧烤汉堡
Make it two.
我也要这个
Waitresses don't yell at you at Big Boy.
大胖汉堡店的侍应从不高声训我
Hey Leonard. Hi guys.
- 嘿 Leonard - 你们好
Hey. Hi Leslie.
你好 Leslie
I didn't know you ate here. We don't.
- 不知道你们会来这里吃饭 - 确实不会
This is a disturbing aberration.
这次是烦扰的例外
Leslie this is Penny.
Leslie 他是Penny
She lives across the hall from Sheldon and me.
她住在我和Sheldon的对面
And walks in quiet beauty like the night.
她走在美的光彩中 像夜晚 (诗人拜伦的名句)
Howard I've asked you not to do that.
Howard 我已经说了 别这样
Leslie and I do research together at the university.
Leslie和我在同个实验室做研究
Oh wow a girl scientist.
哇 女科学家
Yep come for the breasts stay for the brains.
没胸 只好多长点大脑
So I'm glad I ran into you.
碰见你太好了
The Physics Department string quartet needs a new cellist.
物理系弦乐四重奏还缺一个大提琴
What happened to Elliot Wong
Elliot Wong怎么啦?
He switched over to high energy radiation research
他调到高能辐射课题组了
had a little mishap and now the other guys are uncomfortable sitting next to him.
发生一些小意外 其他团员怕坐他身边被辐射
So are you in
你来不来?
Yeah sure why not
当然来
Great we rehearse on Tuesdays at your place.
太好了 周二去你那里彩排
Why at my place
为什么去我那里?
Yeah Department of Energy said our regular space is kind of a hot zone.
能源部说我们原来 排练的地方现在是危险区
Nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你
Yeah you too.
我也是
Leonard I didn't know you played the cello.
Leonard 不知道你会拉大提琴
Yeah my parents felt that naming me Leonard
是啊 我父母觉得给我取名Leonard
and putting me in Advanced Placement classes wasn't getting me beaten up enough.
让我上天才班 还不够招人恨的
If you're into music I happen to be a human beatbox.
你喜欢音乐吗? 我会学架子鼓
Really
真的?
I'm actually not that into music.
其实我不是太喜欢音乐
So hey your friend's really cute. Anything going on with you two
你那个朋友不错 你们俩是不是有点情况?
Leslie
L - Leslie?
No no.
没有
What are you kidding He asked her out once.
- 怎么可能? - 他约过她一次
It was an embarrassing failure.
尴尬地失败了
Thank you Sheldon.
多谢 Sheldon
Oh I'm sorry.
噢 对不起
Was that supposed to be a secret
这个需要保密吗?
Aw that's too bad.
哦 太可惜了
You guys'd make a cute couple.
你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣
Oh dear.
我的天
What's the matter
怎么了?
She didn't take my order.
她没问我点什么
How can she take your order
她怎么问你?
when you're too neurotic to talk to her
你紧张得连话都不会说
Nevertheless this will be reflected in her tip.
尽管如此 这将反映在她的小费上
What did Penny mean "You'd make a cute couple "
Penny说"你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣" 什么意思?
Well I assume she meant the two of you together would constitute a couple
我想她的意思是 你们两个在一起可以组成情侣
that others might consider cute.
并且令其他人觉得你们甜蜜
An alternate and somewhat less likely interpretation
另一个不太可能的解释是
is that you could manufacture one.
你们可以制造一对情侣
As in "Oh look Leonard and Leslie made Mr.and Mrs.Goldfarb.Aren't they adorable "
例如 "快看 Leonard和Leslie所生的 Goldfarb夫妻 是不是很可爱?"
If Penny didn't know that Leslie had turned me down
如果Penny不知道Leslie拒绝过我
then it would unambiguously mean that she Penny thought I should ask her Leslie out
那么这一句的所指将十分清晰 即她(Penny)认为我应该追她(Leslie)
indicating that she Penny had no interest in me asking her Penny out.
表明她(Penny)对于我 追求她(Penny)并无兴趣
But because she did know that I had asked Leslie out
但由于她知道我追过Leslie
and that she Leslie had turned me down then she Penny could be offering consolation.
并且她(Leslie)已经拒绝我 那么她(Penny)可能只是安慰我
"That's too bad you would have made a cute couple..."
"真可惜 你们本来 可以做一对甜蜜情侣..."
but while thinking "Good Leonard remains available."
并且暗想 "很好 Leonard还是单身"
You're a lucky man Leonard.
你很幸运 Leonard
How so
怎么说?
You're talking to one of the three men
听你说话的人
in the western hemisphere capable of following that train of thought.
是西半球仅有的三个 能跟得上你思维的人之一
Well what do you think
那么 你怎么看?
I said I could follow it. I didn't say I care.
我只是说我能跟上 不代表我有兴趣
Our whole universe was in a hot dense state
宇宙是个大火炉
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait
140亿年前大爆炸 哦稍等
The Earth began to cool
地球开始冷却 生物开始繁衍
The autotrophs began to drool Neanderthals developed tools
尼安得特尔人发明工具
We built the Wall We built the pyramids
我们建造墙瓦
Math Science History unraveling the mystery
我们创造金字塔 数学 科学 历史
That all started with a big bang
揭露奥秘
Bang
就从宇宙大爆炸开始!
By aBu 201705
天才也性感 第一季 第5集
I admire your fingering.
我很欣赏你的指法
Thank you.
谢谢
Maybe sometime you can try that on my instrument.
也许你可以在我的"乐器"上演练一下
Good night guys. Good job. Thanks.
- 晚安兄弟 练得不错 - 谢谢
See you next week.
下周见
That was fun Leslie. Thanks for including me.
挺好玩的 Leslie 多谢你叫上我
You're welcome.
不客气
If you're up for it
如果你有兴趣
we could practice that middle section again.
我们可以练一下中间部分
Sure why not
当然好
Just so we're clear you understand that me hanging back to practice with you
说说清楚比较好 你知不知道我留下来陪你加练
is a pretext for letting you know that I'm sexually available.
是一个铺垫 为了让你知道我是潜在性对象
Really
真的?
Yeah I'm good to go.
是的 我随时可以
I thought you weren't interested in me.
我以为你对我没兴趣
That was before I saw you handling that beautiful piece of wood between your legs.
那是在看到你摆弄两腿之间 那块优雅的木头之前
You mean my cello
你是指大提琴?
No I mean the obvious crude double entendre.
不 那是一个明显下流的双关
I'm seducing you.
我在勾引你
No kidding.
不是吧
What can I say I'm a passionate and impulsive woman.
怎么说呢? 我是有激情的冲动型女人
So how about it
你说呢?
Gee. Uh...
这个 呃...
Is it the waitress
因为那个侍应生?
Penny
Penny?
What about her
她怎么了?
I thought I saw your pupils dilate when you looked at her.
你看她的时候瞳孔放大
Which unless you're a heroin addict points to sexual attraction.
这表明有性吸引力 除非是海洛因成瘾反应
Well I did have a poppy seed bagel for breakfast.
我早餐吃了一个含罂粟籽的百吉饼
Which could cause a positive urine test for opiates
可能导致阿片碱尿检阳性
but certainly not dilate my pupils.
但肯定不至于扩大瞳孔
So I guess there was no point in bringing it up.
所以...我不知道为什么要说起这个
You and the waitress then.
你和那个侍应生
No... no.
没有 没有
There's nothing going on between Penny and me.
我和Penny之间没什么
So you're open to a sexual relationship
所以你可以建立性关系咯?
Yeah yeah I guess I am.
可以可以 我想
Good.
Yeah it is. It is good.
很好
Did you want to start now
要现在就开始?
Why don't we finish the section first
演完这一章吧
Oh okay.
好的
A little musical foreplay. Terrific.
音乐前戏 不错
I'm g good to go. Me too.
- 我准备好了 - 我也是
Oh hey Sheldon. What's going on
Sheldon 怎么了?
I need your opinion on a matter of semiotics.
我需要符号学方面的帮助
I'm sorry
什么?
Semiotics. The study of signs and symbols.
符号学 研究符号和象征
It's a branch of philosophy related to linguistics.
是语言学基本理论的分支
Okay sweetie I know you think you're explaing yourself
亲爱的 你以为自己在解释
but you're really not.
但其实你没有
Just come with me.
跟我来
Well
怎样?
Well what
什么怎样?
What does it mean
什么意思?
Oh come on you went to college.
得了 你上过大学的
Yes but I was 11.
我11岁上的
All right look
好吧 是这样
a tie on the doorknob usually means someone doesn't want to be disturbed
门把手上挂条领带 意思是不想被打扰
because they're... you know gettin' busy.
因为...因为在忙活
So you're saying Leonard has a girl in there
就是说Leonard跟个女孩在房间里?
Well either that or he's lost his tie rack and gotten really into Bryan Adams.
不然就是他丢了衣架 还疯狂地喜欢上了Bryan Adams
Oh Leonard you magnificent beast.
Leonard 你这了不起的野兽!
We really shouldn't be standing here.
我们不该站这
This is very awkward.
太尴尬了
Oh come on Leonard's had girls over before right
Leonard以前也带女孩回来过吧?
Oh yes but there's usually planning courtship advance notice...
有的 但通常要计划 求爱 提前通知...
Last time I was able to book a cruise to the Arctic to see a solar eclipse.
就像上次 我才有时间预订去北极看日食的旅行
You had to leave the state because your roommate was having sex
你室友要做爱 你就得离开这个州?
I didn't have to.
不是得
The dates just happened to coincide.
时间上完全是个巧合
So do you know who's in there
你知道里面那是谁吗?
Leonard
Well,there's Leonard.
And he's either with Leslie Winkle or a 1930s gangster.
跟他在一起的不是Leslie Winkle 就是30年代的黑帮
Hmm good for him.
恭喜他了
Good for Leonard.
恭喜Leonard
Okay g'night.
好吧 晚安
No no wait hold on.
等等 别走!
What's the matter
怎么了?
I don't know what the protocol is here.
我不知道这种情况下标准做法是什么
Do I stay Do I leave
我该留下来? 还是出去?
Do I wait to greet them with a refreshing beverage
他们出来时 要递上提神饮料吗?
Gee Sheldon you're asking the wrong girl.
Sheldon 你问错人了
I'm usually on the other side of the tie.
我通常在领带的另一边
Hi Leonard
你好 Leonard?
It's me Sheldon...
是我 Sheldon
In the living room.
我在客厅
I just... I wanted you to know I saw the tie.
我就想告诉你 我看到领带了
Message received.
收到你的消息了
You're welcome.
不客气
Carry on.
继续吧
Give my best to Leslie.
向Leslie问好
Big Boy...
大胖汉堡...
Someone touched my board.
有人动过我的写字板
Oh God my board
天啊 我的写字板!
Leonard Leonard
Leonard! Leonard!
Hey what's the matter
怎么了?
My equations someone's tampered with my equations.
有人改过我的公式!
Are you sure Of course I'm sure.
- 你确定? - 很确定!
Look at the beta function of quantum chromodynamics.
看看量子色动力学的贝塔函数
The sign's been changed.
符号被改了!
Oh yeah.
对哦
But doesn't that fix the problem you've been having
那不正好解决了你的问题吗?
Are you insane Are you out of your mind
你疯了吗? 你傻了吗?
Are you... hey look.
你...哦 瞧瞧
That fixes the problem I've been having.
这正好解决了我的问题
You're welcome.
不客气
Youdid this
你干的?
Yeah I noticed it when I got up to get a glass of water.
我起来喝水的时候发现的
So I fixed it and now you can show that quarks are asymptotically free at high energies.
我改了 这样就能证明夸克 在高能状态下是渐进自由的
Pretty cool huh
很赞吧?
"Cool"
"赞"?
Listen I've got to get to the lab.
我要去实验室了
Thanks for a great night.
昨晚很棒 谢了
Thank you. I'll see you at work.
谢谢 上班见
Hold on. Hold on
等等!
What
怎么?
Who told you you could touch my board
谁说你可以碰我的写字板的?
No one.
没人
Yeah I don't come into your house and touch your board.
我不会去你家碰你的写字板
There are no incorrect equations on my board.
我的板子上没有错误的公式啊
Oh that is so...
你真是...
so...
太...
I'm sorry I've got to run.
对不起 我要走了
If you come up with an adjective text me.
如果你想好形容词 短信发我
Inconsiderate.
不体谅
That is the adjective "inconsiderate. "
就是这个词 "不体谅"
You can stare at your board all day Sheldon.
你就算一直瞪着写字板 Sheldon
She's still going to be right.
她还是对的
I'm not staring I'm mulling.
我不是在瞪 我在思索
Oh hey Leonard. Oh hi.
- 嘿 Leonard - 嗨
So...
那么...
...how's it going
如何呀?
Pretty good.
还好
Just pretty good
只是还好?
I'd think you were doing very good.
我觉得是很好呀
Pretty very... there's really no objective scale for delineating variations of "good. "
"还" "很"... 描述"好"的变化程度 并没有客观的范围
Why do you ask
你为什么这么问?
Well a little bird told me that you and Leslie hooked up last night.
小鸟告诉我昨晚你跟Leslie勾搭上了
Sheldon
Sheldon!
So is it serious Do you like her
你是来真的? 你喜欢她吗?
I don't...
我不...
Th th that's really two different questions.
那是两个不同的问题
Uh I'm not...
我不是...
Sheldon we have to go
Sheldon 我们得走了!
Boy you're wound awfully tight for a man who's just had sexual intercourse.
刚做完爱 你就这么赶时间?
All right well I'll talk to you later but I am so happy for you Leonard.
迟些找你吧 真为你高兴 Leonard
Thank you.
谢谢
What did she mean she's happy for me
她为我高兴是什么意思?
Is she happy that I'm seeing someone
她高兴我现在有伴了?
Or is she happy because she thinks that I'm happy
还是因为我开心所以她高兴?
Because anyone who cared for someone would want them to be happy.
如果一个人喜欢别人 就会希望那人开心吧?
Even if the reason for their happiness made the first person unhappy.
就算那人开心的理由让前者伤心
Because the second person though happy
因为开心的后者
is now romantically unavailable to the first person.
就不能跟前者成为情侣了
Do you realize I may have to share a Nobel Prize with your booty call
你意识到我可能要跟你的炮友 分享诺贝尔奖吗?
You know what
你知道吗?
I'm being ridiculous.
我真可笑
Who cares what Penny thinks
谁在乎Penny怎么想?
Leslie is a terrific girl.
Leslie是个很棒的女孩
She's attractive.
漂亮
We like each other.
我们喜欢对方
She's extremely intelligent...
她还超级聪明
She's not that intelligent.
哪有很聪明
She fixed your equation.
她改好了你的公式
She got lucky. You don't believe in luck.
- 那是走运 - 你根本不相信运气这种事
I don't have to believe in it for her to be lucky.
我不信 但她也可以走运
Regardless I have a chance at a real relationship with Leslie.
我跟Leslie可能有机会恋爱
I'm not going to pass that up for some
我不会放弃这段感情的
hypothetical future of happiness with a woman
而只为了跟一个可能希望 也可能不希望我和别人开心的女人
who may or may not want me to be happy
拥有一段假想的幸福未来
with a woman who is currently making me happy.
而现在 那个别人已经让我很开心了
Leonard... Yeah
- Leonard... - 啊?
I still don't care.
我还是没兴趣
Hey Leslie. Careful Leonard.
- 嗨 Leslie - 小心 Leonard
Liquid nitrogen 320 degrees below zero.
液氮 华氏零下320度
Why are smashing a flash frozen bana
你为什么要砸碎速冻香蕉?
Because I got a bowl of Cheerios and I couldn't find a knife. Oh.
我有碗谷物早餐 又找不到刀子
So anyway...
那么...
Hello.
你好
Uh what are you doing
你在干嘛?
Just extending the intimacy.
跟你亲近一下
Hey do you want to slip over to the radiation lab and share a decontamination shower
想溜进辐射实验室 一起洗个去污澡吗?
Okay uh what exactly do you think's going on between us
你觉得我们俩之间发生了什么事?
I'm not sure but I think I'm about to discover how the bana felt.
不知道 不过我可能就要 知道那香蕉什么感觉了
Listen Leonard neither of us are neuroscientists but we both understand the biochemistry of sex.
Leonard 我们都不是神经学家 但是都了解性的生物化学原理
I mean dopamine in our brains is released across synapses causing pleasure.
脑中的多巴胺在神经键中释放 造成快感
You stick electrodes in a rat's brain give him an orgasm button
在老鼠大脑里置入电极 再给它个高潮按键
he'll push that thing until he starves to death.
它会一直按着那个键直到死
Well who wouldn't
谁不会呢?
Well the only difference between us and the rat
我们跟老鼠的区别就在于
is that you can't stick an electrode in our hypothalamus.
无法在我们视丘下部置入电极
That's where you come in.
所以你就派上用场了
Yeah well I'm just glad to be a part of it.
很高兴能起到作用
So what happens now
那么现在如何?
Well I don't know about your sex drive but I'm probably good till New Year's.
不知道你性欲多强烈 但我到新年之前应该都够了
Oh. Okay. Thank you.
好吧 谢谢
Thankyou.
谢谢你
You want to make plans for New Year's
要订新年的计划吗?
Whoa Leonard please. You're smothering me.
Leonard 拜托了 你逼得我喘不过气来
Oh. Sorry.
抱歉
Hey look.
瞧瞧
It's Dr. Stud
这不是种马博士吗!
Dr. What
什么博士?
The blogosphere is a buzzin'with news of you
博客界的人都因为你跟Leslie
and Leslie Winkle makingeine kleine bang bangmusik.
奏响的嘿休小夜曲兴奋不已呢!
What How did it get on the Internet
这事怎么传上互联网的?
I put it there.
我放上去的
Well how did you know about it
你怎么知道的?
A little bird told us.
小鸟告诉我们的
Apparently you are a magnificent beast.
显然你是了不起的野兽
That part's true.
那倒是真的
You know I think I may have misjudged this restaurant.
我想我给这家餐厅的评价错了
No kidding.
不是吧
I don't want to go out on a limb
我不想冒险
but I think we may be looking at my new Tuesday hamburger.
但我可能找到了新的周二汉堡包
Your old Tuesday hamburger will be so brokenhearted.
原来的周二汉堡会很伤心的
Way ahead of you.
早想到了
I was thinking of moving Big Boy to Thursdays
我想把"大胖汉堡"挪到周四
and just dropping Souplantation.
放弃"汤植园" (一家自助餐厅)
Really Yeah.
- 真的? - 对
The name always confused me anyway.
我总是搞不懂这名字
Souplantation.
汤植园
You can't grow soup.
汤可没法种植出来
So how's everything
如何呀?
Mmm Terrific.
棒极了
You'll be happy to know that I plan to come here every Tuesday night
在可预见的将来 我打算每周二晚上都来这
for the foreseeable future.
你开心吧
Really Oh yay
真的? 太好了~
Who do I speak to about permanently reserving this table
如果要永久订下这张台 要跟谁谈?
Um... I don't know... a psychiatrist
不知道 心理医生吧?
So hey
how are things with you and Leslie
你和Leslie如何?
Oh to be honest I don't think it's going to work out.
说实话 我看没戏
Oh. Oh that's too bad.
啊 太糟了
Well hey don't worry.
别担心
I'm sure there's someone out there who's just right for you.
我相信会有合适你的人的
What did she mean by that
她那么说什么意思?
Was that just a generic platitude
是习惯性的说词?
or was that a subtle bid for attention
还是巧妙地在吸引我的注意?
You know why this hamburger surpasses the Big Boy
你知道这个比大胖汉堡强的原因吗?
This is a single decker hamburger whereas the Big Boy is a double decker.
这是单层的 大胖汉堡是双层
This has a much more satisfying meat to bun to condiment ratio.
这个汉堡的肉 面包和调料的比例 更令人满意
Are you even listening to me
你在听我说话吗?
Of course I'm listening.
当然 在听
Blah blah hopeless Penny delusion blah blah blah.
废话+关于Penny无望的幻想+废话
Okay then.
那好吧
You know you can grow the ingredients for soup.
你知道 汤的配料是可以种植的
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片