Ooh it's freezing out here.
外面要冷死人啦
Would you like me to... heat things up
那你想要我为两人... "加温"一下吗
No I want to get in the hot tub before I lose a toe.
不 我想在冻掉脚趾前先进浴缸里
Oh. That is bright
这好亮啊
Yeah a new neighbor put in floodlights.
是啊 新来的邻居装的照明灯
So shall we
行 要下水了吗
No. I don't want to take my robe off under a spotlight.
不要 我才不想在聚光灯下宽衣解带
This is a candle body.
本姑娘的身体只能在烛光下看
Howdy neighbors
好哇 邻居们
We haven't met yet. I'm Andy.
我们还没见过面 我叫安迪
Oh. Hello. Nice to meet you.
你好 幸会啊
You know your new balcony kind of looks right over our fence.
你家新的阳台对我家有点一览无遗啊
You might want to put up some trees. We can see everything.
你们可以考虑一下种点树 我们能看到一切
You can but it's okay if you don't.
看得到 但不代表非得看
So can you turn your lights off
能麻烦您把灯关掉吗
Sorry they're motion sensored.
抱歉 是运动感应灯
They'll go off in a minute. Just try to stay still.
很快就会自己关掉 你们保持不动一会就行
What are we gonna do about this
这事我们该怎么办
I say we wait until his lights go off
我觉得我们就等到灯自己关掉
and then I make hot motionless love to you.
然后我跟你来一场火辣无动的性爱
Don't move. It's go time.
别动 上场时间到啦
And his new balcony looks right down on our hot tub
他家的新阳台能俯瞰我家的按摩浴缸
which meant we couldn't do anything.
而我们一点办法都没有
So you gave your kids Benadryl for nothing
所以孩子没事你也给他们吃镇静晕车药啊
Why do I share with you You're such a yenta.
我干嘛要跟你分享这些事 你就是个长舌妇
Are we done talking about
我们还没聊完
Howard's failed conjugal relations
霍华德失败的夫妻关系吗
I have an actual Nobel Prize crisis to deal with.
我有个事关诺贝尔奖的危机得解决呢
Has anything changed since the last time you talked about it
从你上一次说这事至今 情况有任何变化吗
No. Is there anything you can do about it
-没有 -有任何你能做的事吗
No. ‭Then shut up or go wait in the car
-没有 -那就闭嘴 不然就去坐车上等
Excuse me.
打扰了
Remember you all came here to check out my cool new laser
还记得你们来是要看我的酷炫新激光吗
Oh right. I'm gonna go wait in the car.
对哦 那我先上车等了
The best part is that it's europium based so...
它最赞的地方就是以铕为...
And then Andy said if we want privacy
然后安迪说如果我们想要隐私
we should plant some trees.
我们应该去种点树
The only way I know how to do that is to give a dollar
我唯一知道的种树方法就是捐一块钱
and a tree shows up in Israel.
以色列的某处就有人帮我种树
Okay. Anyway so because it's europium based...
言归正传 由于是以铕元素为...
Hey. I need some help with a meteorite I found.
我找到的一颗陨石需要人帮忙
Ah. I'd be happy to.
我很乐意帮忙
Oh no I meant Raj.
不是你 我是想找拉杰
I really need an astrophysicist.
我很需要一位天体物理学家的帮忙
This is exactly like a dream I had.
这跟我一个梦里的场景一模一样
Except in the dream you're Gal Gadot.
除了在那梦中 你是盖尔·加朵[美女演员]
I don't really have dreams when I sleep or in life.
我这人没什么梦 睡觉中还是现实生活中都没有
Anyway...
反正呢...
I X rayed this meteorite and it looks like there's
我用X光照了这个陨石 感觉上
some sort of organic signature inside of it
它的内里貌似含有某种有机特质
but I could really use another opinion.
我想请其他人来看看有何想法
Well great. Let's go check it out.
没问题 我们去看看吧
Cool. I'm gonna stay here and show Howard...
很好 我就留在这里给霍华德展示...
I want to see it
我也想看
Okay. Well thanks for stopping by.
行吧 感谢你们来这一趟啊
Screw them. That's cool.
管他们的 这个酷爆了
Hey I'm not sure we're in the right line.
我不确定我们该来的是不是这里
Is this for the city zoning office Yes it is.
-这里是城市分区局吗 -是的
Or as we call it here "The zone zone."
或者是我们这里称呼的"区区"
No we don't.
我们没有这么称呼
That's Linda.
刚说话的是琳达
Ignore her. She's going through the change.
别理她 她年纪到了在某"期"间
Now how can I help you
有何能为两位效劳呢
Our neighbor built a balcony
我们的邻居加盖了一个阳台
that looks right into our backyard and we're trying to see
能直接看进我家后院 我们想知道
if there's anything we can do about it.
能不能做任何事来阻止他
Well you have come to the right place.
那你们真是来对地方了
You know a lot of people handle this type of thing online
很多人都是在网上处理这种事情
but I always say nothing beats the human touch.
但我总说没有什么比真人接触更棒的了
Oh but don't worry.
你们放心
I'm not gonna actually touch you.
我不会真的要触碰你们
We had quite the informative meeting on that.
我们为这个举办过富含教育意义的研讨会了
We just want a little privacy in our backyard.
我们只是想要在后院能有些隐私
You know for...
你懂的... 要...
Maybe we should've done this online.
或许我们就应该在网上弄
No no no no. The zone zone is a safe zone.
别啊 区区是个能安心分享的区
Stop saying "Zone zone"
别再说"区区"了
So is there anything we can do
所以我们有任何能做的事情吗
Absolutely. Do you know if they have permits for the balcony
当然啦 你知道他们加盖阳台有没有许可吗
Oh no. We were hoping you could check.
不知道 我们还希望你能帮我们查呢
I certainly can. I just need you to fill out a form
我的确可以 只需要你们填一张表
and we have them available in Armenian Chinese
我们这里有提供亚美尼亚语 中文
Cambodian English Farsi Korean Spanish and Vietnamese.
柬埔寨语 英文 波斯语 韩文 西班牙语 与越南语的表格
Well English obviously.
很明显我们要一份英文版的
Well we're not allowed to presume.
我们不允许先入为主
That was a whole other meeting.
另一场深刻的研讨会谈过这事
So we just fill out the form and that's it
我们只需要填那张表就行了吗
Oh no. No you need to fill it out
不 不只 你们得先填好
and then you need to bring it down to the Office of Code Compliance.
然后得拿去建筑许可局那边
Now if your neighbors don't have a permit
如果你们的邻居没有许可证
you can file an official complaint but if they do have a permit
你就可以提出正式投诉 但如果他们有许可
then you have to make the case that the balcony constitutes
那你就得提出那阳台有
a nuisance an encumbrance or an encroachment
妨碍利益 造成产权负担 或侵占土地的证据
and you have to decide which
而且你得决定是哪一种
because they are three totally separate forms.
因为那是三种完全不同的表格
This is starting to seem like more trouble than it's worth.
开始感觉这事费力又讨不了好啊
I know right
对啊 就是说啊
You okay ‭Yeah.
-你还好吧 -没事
Great 'cause you just bought that whole row of Batmans.
那就好 因为你刚把这一排《蝙蝠侠》全包了
Sorry I...
抱歉了 我...
And now you bought Aquaman. Good choice.
现在你还买了《水行侠》 好眼光
If you want cold medicine
如果你想要感冒药
Stuart has the entire run of DayQuils
斯图尔特有全系列某牌感冒药
including the rare "DayQuilt" misprint from 1996.
包含罕见的1996年的错印版本
What can I say I'm a collector.
我能说什么 我是个收藏家
Thanks but I'm fine. I think it's just allergies.
谢谢 但我没事啦 应该只是过敏
Hi guys. ‭Hey.
-大家好啊 -你来啦
Oh heads up.
先说一下
If that Aquaman feels wet it's not a gimmick.
如果《水行侠》湿湿的 不是特殊营销手段
Leonard sneezed on it.
是莱纳德打喷嚏在上面了
You sick ‭Uh it's just allergies.
-你生病了吗 -应该只是过敏
Oh. So check it out.
你听我说
This meteorite that Bert found is really cool.
伯特发现的这个陨石超屌
We did a spectrographic analysis and there's...
我们对它做了光谱分析 它...
there's definitely something going on inside.
里面绝对大有玄机
Well hey I if you want
那... 如果你们需要
we could use my new laser to cut it open.
可以用我的新激光来把它切开啊
Well thanks but Bert's got this water cooled
谢谢好意 但伯特有这台水冷的
diamond bladed saw.
金刚石锯
Well sure but with my laser you'd get a thinner slice
行吧 但用我的激光你就能得到更薄的切片
which would make for a better sample.
这样的样本质量也更好
You're not gonna cut open a meteor are you
你们不会是想要切开一颗陨石吧
Have you not learned anything from comic books
你们没从漫画里学到任何教训吗
Space viruses Pod people
太空病毒 外星人
I sell nothing but warnings.
我这里卖的全都是血淋淋的警告啊
C Calm down Stuart.
冷静啊 斯图尔特
You're being a little crazy.
你有点发神经
Oh is he Is he being crazy
他有吗 他有神经吗
Or is he the only one around here who's making any sense
还是他是在场唯一脑子清醒的那一个
It's nice they found each other.
他们能找到彼此真是太好了
Yeah. Uh so anyway you want to use my laser
是啊 话说回来 你想用我的激光吗
Eh sorry. It's kind of Bert's thing
抱歉 这算伯特的项目
and he wants to do it his way so...
他想用他的方式 所以...
Okay.
Yeah that's cool.
没事啦
Just seems dumb to not use the laser.
只是觉得不用激光有点蠢
Not as dumb as unleashing a plague on mankind
哪能比得上释放太空瘟疫蠢呢
but hey what do we know
但我们懂个什么啊
Literally nothing.
什么都不懂
We spent half the day down at the city planning office
我们今天花了半天时间泡在城市规划局
and didn't solve a thing.
什么都没解决
Now we have to go back tomorrow.
我们明天还得再回去一趟
The planning office You lucky ducks.
规划局吗 你们俩真幸福
Yeah this one made me go for ice cream
这家伙就让我一起去买冰激凌
and talk about her day.
然后聊她一天发生的事
Spoiler alert it was fine.
剧透警告 她没事
It wasn't fine. I got trapped in an elevator.
哪里没事 我被困在电梯里了
I may have missed a few details.
我可能漏听了一点细节
The bottom of my cone was drippy.
那时我的冰激凌底开始漏了
So now we have to download all these forms and fill them out.
我们得下载那些表格然后全填了
We get it. Your life is great. Stop rubbing it in.
我们都听懂了 你们很幸福 别再显摆了
Yeah quit it.
对啊 别晒幸福了
Is one of the forms the 599B/C
其中一个表格是编号599B/C的吗
Because if so it has a doozy of a typo.
如果是这份 上面有可多错别字了
I don't know.
我不知道
All right well I don't want to spoil anything
好吧 我也不想剧透什么
but you might want to start practicing your "Siglature."
但你们最好开始练习一下自己的"谦名"
Sheldon if you like this stuff
谢尔顿 如果你喜欢这类东西
why don't you come and do it with us Or instead of us
-你何不跟我们一起去呢 -或替我们去
Do you mean it
你们是真心的吗
No no wait it's too late. You can't take it back. Yes.
不不 太晚了 你们不能收回 我答应
Well Amy looks like the elevator
艾米 感觉被困电梯里
might have been the high point of your day.
有可能是你今日的心情巅峰啊
Hey where's Raj
拉杰呢
Uh he's working with Bert.
他跟伯特在合作项目
They're probably cutting their stupid meteorite open
估计他们正在用傻逼金刚石锯
with their stupid diamond saw.
切开那颗傻逼陨石
Are you okay ‭Yeah. I'm just a little run down.
-你没事吧 -没事 只是有点流鼻水
It might be a head cold.
有可能是小伤风吧
Purell.
洗手液
Purell.
洗手液
Purell.
洗手液
Purell.
洗手液
Can I top anybody off
有人还要续洗手液吗
It's just so frustrating.
真的好不爽啊
I I know my laser would be way more efficient.
我知道用我的激光肯定更有效率
They're gonna lose so much meteorite due to kerf loss.
他们会因为切割损失浪费很多陨石
Mm. I'm sorry your friends won't let you play kerf with them.
很心疼你朋友不跟你一起玩切割
Don't make it sound childish.
别说得好像哄小孩
It's the scientific word for dust.
那词的意思是灰啦
What was wrong with "dust"
那为什么不直说"灰"就好了呢
Are you sure you're not just a little jealous
你确定你不是只是嫉妒吗
No. It's just my way is better but they won't even consider it.
才不是呢 我的方法更好 但他们考虑都不考虑
Oh well it's their loss. Look why don't you go to bed.
那这样是他们的损失 你先上床睡觉吧
I'll run out and get you some medicine. Ah it's okay.
-我出去给你买点药 -不用
Stuart gave me some when I was at the comic book store.
我在漫画店的时候斯图尔特给我了一点
Really You're taking medicine from Stuart
不是吧 你从斯图尔特手里拿药吗
Doesn't he need like all of it
他难道不是每一颗药都很关键吗
Mm he's got plenty.
他有很多啦
His pill caddy is like this big.
他的药盒有这么大呢
All right well why don't you go to bed.
那你先上床躺着吧
I'll sleep out here on the couch.
我今晚睡沙发
No no no you take the bed. I'll stay out here.
别别别 你睡床吧 今晚我睡这里
Even better. Sweet dreams snot bag.
那更好了 祝美梦 鼻涕虫
See what I'm talking about
看到我说的意思了吗
Oh yes.
是的
Oh that is textbook encroachment.
这是教科书式的侵占土地啊
And I know because I have the textbook.
我能肯定是因为我有那教科书
First edition.
首版呢
Watch what happens when you move.
看看如果你动了会怎么样
Oh boy you weren't kidding.
天啊 你们还真不是瞎扯
Oh those are 10 000 lumens if they're a lumen.
如果那是光 那就是1万流明的万丈光芒
Well you know what they say
常言道
when life give you lumens make lumen ade.
当生活给你流明光 你就做成流明水
Was that a joke
这是笑话吗
Yes.
是啊
Based on the premise that "lumen" sounds like "lemon"
笑点是来自光通量单位"流明"音似"柠檬"吗
Yes.
是的
That's hilarious.
还真好笑
Okay what is the setback on property lines in this neighborhood
你们这区的建筑退缩尺度是多少
Oh I don't know.
我不知道啊
It must be on the permit from when you built your deck.
你们造这个平台的时候 许可上会有写啊
Uh yeah my dad built this.
我爸爸盖的这个平台
We didn't do the whole permit thing.
我们没去申请什么许可
Here we go.
要发作啦
Are you saying
你的意思是
I'm standing on an unpermitted deck
我正站在一个无许可的平台上
It's been here for years Sheldon. It's fine.
谢尔顿 都已经盖了好几年了 没事的
How did the inspector not flag this
检查员当时来你们家
when he came to check out your bathroom renovation
检查浴室装修的时候怎么没提出示警
Are you telling me that I have showered
你不会是告诉我 我曾经在
in an uninspected bathroom
未受检查过的浴室里洗过澡吧
You showered in our house
你在我们家洗过澡吗
You made me hold your children. What did you expect me to do
你让我抱过你的小孩 你要我怎么办
You think you know people.
知人知面不知心啊
You do know them Sheldon.
你知道他们的心啊 谢尔顿
Yeah but but do we Do we really know them
但是是真的吗 我们是真的知道人家的心吗
Yes
是啊
They're rule breakers Amy.
艾米 他们可是规则破坏者
And you know what we do with rule breakers
你知道我们该怎么对待规则破坏者吗
Complain about them to our spouse
跟自己的伴侣不停地抱怨他们
until she's ready to drive into oncoming traffic
直到伴侣受不了 开车冲向对面的车阵中
You can't cross a double yellow line.
你不能穿越双黄线啊
What is this the Purge
你以为是电影《人类清除计划》啊
So I guess you're not gonna help them
所以我想你是不打算帮他们了
Oh I'm gonna help them
我要帮他们
help them get on the right side of Johnny Law.
帮助他们投入守法的怀抱
Oh you can't turn them in.
你不能去举报他们啊
The city's gonna make them rip out
市政府会让他们把所有的装修
all the work they've done and do it over.
全部都拆了 然后再重新盖
It would be the end of your friendship.
到时候你跟他们的友谊就毁了
What choice do I have These are the rules.
我能有什么选 法律就是法律
Sheldon I am begging you. Please don't do this.
谢尔顿 我求你了 别这么做
You know who doesn't get permits for their decks Animals.
你知道谁才不会为平台申请许可吗 动物
Animals don't have decks.
动物才没有平台
Oh really I have one word for you beavers.
是吗 那我送你一个词 海狸
Bert Raj
伯特 拉杰
Can't believe they're gonna cut that
真不敢相信他们要用这个
with this punk ass diamond saw.
垃圾金刚石锯切
Geez.
要命了
在此处排队
Oh hey look.
你看看
"Siglature."
"谦名"
Next ‭Hello.
-下一位 -你好
Hi Welcome to the zone zone.
你好 欢迎来到区区
Oh that's funny
真好笑
Hey I also have a joke for you.
我也有个笑话回敬你
Lumen ade.
流明水
Maybe I told it wrong.
可能我讲得不对
Well how can I help you
有何能为您效劳呢
If I know someone in violation of the building code
如果我知道某些人违反了建筑条例
should I turn them in
我应该举报他们吗
Interesting question.
这问题很有意思
Yeah I know. Because on the one hand
我知道 因为一方面
Confucius says we owe a greater responsibility
孔子说过我们对亲近之人的责任
to people we're close with rather than to society at large.
大于对整个社会的责任
But on the other hand Socrates says that
但另一方面 苏格拉底说过
we're obligated to obey all laws even unjust ones.
我们必须遵守所有法律 哪怕是不公正的法律
And then furthermore if we're entertaining rules
此外 如果我们把破坏规则
about when it's okay to break the rules
当作儿戏
I should where does it end
我应该... 那什么时候能到头
Well for me it ends at 5 00.
对我来说 5点到头
Well I just I don't know what to do.
我不知道怎么办了
All I can tell you is that the building codes
我只能告诉你建筑条例
are there for everyone's safety.
是为了所有人的安全
Oh so you're saying I have no choice but to turn them in.
你是说我别无选择必须举报他们
I did not say that.
我没这样说
But would you
但你会这样说吗
And remember that I laughed at your "zone zone" Joke.
别忘了你的"区区"笑话我可是有捧场
It's not even a joke
那根本算不上是笑话
Oh is that Linda back there
后面的是琳达吗
Yeah.
是的
How are her hot flashes Any better
她的更年期潮热好些了吗
Leonard what are you doing
莱纳德 你做什么
Showing you that this is the better way.
让你们看这是更好的办法
Stop Whatever's inside there is dangerous
住手 里面的东西很危险
And pretty.
而且很漂亮
What is that
这是什么
Are you okay
你还好吗
Yeah I'm fine. I'm just feeling a little...
我没事 只是觉得有点...
...hungry.
饿
Stop eating Bert
别吃伯特了
Keep eating Bert
继续吃伯特
Leonard. Leonard What What
-莱纳德 -怎么了
You're having a bad dream.
你做噩梦了
Oh thank God.
谢天谢地
I was eating my friends.
我梦到吃自己的两个朋友
Well one friend and one acquaintance.
应该算一个朋友 一个认识的人
You know what Bert's okay. Two friends.
伯特也挺好 算是朋友吧
Let me see if you're running a fever.
让我看看你有没有发烧
Yeah.
Oh yeah you're burning up.
烧得很厉害
Geez Are you okay
天啊 你还好吗
That depends. What what color are my eyes
得看情况 我的眼睛是什么颜色
I don't know brown
我不知道 棕色
No green. No wait brown.
不 绿色 等等 棕色
Oh good I'm awake.
很好 我醒了
Howie someone's here to see you.
华仔 有人找你
Hello.
你好
Hey. What's going on
有什么事
Can you come over here
你能过来吗
Sheldon the deck is safe. You can walk on it.
谢尔顿 平台很安全 你可以走上来
Oh that gets the heart going.
害人家小心肝砰砰跳
So what's up
有什么事
I went down to the city Code Compliance Office to turn you in.
我去建筑许可局举报你
Are you kidding
开玩笑吗
But I didn't do it.
但我没有举报
I filled out the form and then realized
我填表时发现
that the unwritten rules of friendship
友谊的不成文规定
are more important than the written rules
比阿尔塔迪纳市
of the city of Altadena's Zoning and Planning Department.
区划规划部的成文规定重要多了
Really "Aw"
有必要感动吗
And you'll be happy to know that while I was there
我相信你会很高兴听到 我在那里时
I did look into your neighbor's balcony
查了你邻居家的阳台
and it is encroaching on your property line.
的确侵占到你家的土地
I had all this pent up snitch energy
我想举报你的那股冲动劲儿正无处发泄
so I reported him hard.
所以我狠狠举报了他一番
What did they say
他们怎么说
He's going to have to remove it.
他必须拆掉
So the good guys win
好人胜利了吗
Well I don't know if I'd call you the good guys.
我不知道能否称你们为好人
You're enforcing a law on him
你们把法律强加在他身上
that you're willfully ignoring yourselves.
但你们却故意自己不遵守法律
Uh all right fine.
好吧
So the morally compromised guys win.
所以没啥道德感的人胜利了
Apparently so.
显然是的
Now if one of you'd be kind enough to take me home
现在你们谁送我回家
I need to use my bathroom.
我要用我家的厕所
What's wrong with the one here
我家厕所有什么问题
I'm sorry I want to live.
抱歉 我想活下去
Hey. You guys got a second
你们有时间吗
Leonard I told you buddy. We don't need to use your laser.
莱纳德 我跟你说过了 我们不用你的激光
Yeah all we need is Terry Brad saw.
我们只需要泰瑞·布拉德锯
That's what I named my saw.
这是我用明星名谐音哏给锯子取的名
No I I just wanted to apologize for yesterday.
不 我想为昨天的事道歉
I just I think I was jealous you know
我想我嫉妒了
Sheldon and Amy might win a Nobel Prize
谢尔顿和艾米可能赢得诺贝尔奖
and now you guys have this cool meteorite project.
现在你们有这么酷的陨石项目
Really You're jealous of us Yeah.
-真的 你嫉妒我们 -对
I even had this crazy dream last night where I ate you both.
我甚至做了疯狂的梦 梦里我吃了你们俩
Seriously
真的吗
I know. I was pretty out of it.
我知道 挺夸张的
Who'd you eat first
你先吃了谁
Oh. Uh you.
Nice.
很好
This is just delightful.
真是太舒服了
Do you think he knows we're the ones that got him in trouble
你觉得他知道是我们把他供出去的吗
Who cares I do. I met his wife. She seems really nice.
-谁在乎 -我在乎 我见过他的老婆 人挺好
Sorry about the noise neighbor
抱歉这些嗓音 邻居
No problem
没关系
Hey you guys know a Sheldon Cooper
你们认识谢尔顿·库珀吗
No we do not
不 不认识
Is it just me or has no one been in the store for hours
是我的错觉吗 还是店里空了几小时
Yeah it is weirdly quiet.
的确安静得很诡异
Nobody's in the street.
街上没人
Huh. Well that's strange.
真奇怪
You thinking what I'm thinking
你的想法和我的想法一样吗
They cut that meteorite open and unleashed a space plague
他们切开陨石释放了宇宙瘟疫
Exactly.
正是
Let me just lock up here.
我把门锁好
Okay. So what do we do
好 我们怎么办
Uh well if this is a worst case scenario
如果发生最坏的情况
and we're the last two people alive we're gonna
我们是最后两个大活人 我们就得...
we're gonna have to rebuild civilization.
我们就必须重建文明社会
Do you have any special skills
你有什么特别技能吗
I can draw.
我会画画
How 'bout you
你呢
I can play clarinet.
我会吹单簧管
Oh I didn't know that.
我都不知道呢
Yeah ten years.
吹了十年
You know it uh might also be up to us to
可能还要依靠我们两个
repopulate the Earth.
重新繁衍地球人
I'm okay with that.
我没意见
So... shall we
要开始吗
Wait here. I'm gonna brush my teeth.
等等 我先去刷牙
Sorry we're closed
抱歉 我们打烊了
结束营业
This is going on Yelp
我会在网上给你差评
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片