第三季第二十二集
生活大爆炸
Okay Babydoll Pink
粉色指甲油
let's see if you can cover up the fact that I got my dad's feet.
看看你能不能把我爸遗传的大脚遮小点
It's just two degrees Sheldon.
谢尔顿 就两度
I just want to turn up the thermostat two degrees
我只想把恒温器调高两度
Let me point out that two degrees
让我像你指出 两度
can be the difference between water and steam.
可以是水和蒸汽的差异
Yes if we lived in a teakettle.
我们又不是住在茶壶里
This is the temperature you agreed to in the roommate agreement.
你在室友协议中同意了这个温度
Aw screw the roommate agreement
去你的室友协议
No you don't screw the roommate agreement.
不许你鄙视室友协议
The roommate agreement screws you.
室友协议鄙视你
You know what go to hell and set their thermostat.
跟你的恒温器下地狱去吧
I don't have to go to hell.
我根本不用下地狱
At 73 degrees I'm there already
调成73度 我已经在地狱了
Who is it
谁啊
Leonard.
莱纳德
Hang on.
等等
Can I sleep on your couch tonight
我今晚能睡你沙发上吗
Uh well you can try
可以
but the people across the hall are being very noisy.
不过对门的人一直很吵
You heard that huh
你听到了吧
Apparently the one fella tried to adjust the thermostat
显然 一个想调恒温器
then the other fella went bat crap crazy.
另一个又发疯了
So you agree he's nuts.
你也觉得他是疯子吧
Well not as nuts as the guy who chooses to live with him.
没会和他合租的人那么疯
Believe it or not he was worse when I met him.
信不信由你 我刚认识他时他更疯
Oh I do not believe that.
我才不信呢
You are so naive.
你太傻太天真了
Just like I was seven years ago.
就像七年前的我
I'd just started at the university.
我刚开始在大学工作
Excuse me I'm looking for Sheldon Cooper's apartment.
请问 谢尔顿·库珀家在哪
Oh I bet you're here to check out the room for rent.
你是来看房的吧
Yeah. Run away dude.
-对 -兄弟 快跑
What
什么
Run fast run far.
跑快点 跑远点
That should have been my first clue.
那应该是第一条线索
So Sheldon's last roommate tried to warn you off
谢尔顿的前室友要你赶紧逃跑
For all I knew he was the crazy one.
我当时只觉得他是个疯子
He had this really deranged look.
他的样子很像疯子
Well yeah he'd been living with Sheldon.
跟谢尔顿住能不疯吗
Sure it makes sense now.
现在明白也太迟啦
Anyway I went upstairs and knocked on the door.
接着 我上楼敲门
Yeah
有事吗
Dr. Cooper
你是库珀博士吗
No you want the crazy guy across the hall.
你找的是对门的疯子
In retrospect that was clue number two.
回想起来 那是第二条线索
Yes
有事吗
I'm Leonard Hofstadter.
我是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德
I called you about the apartment. You said...
我打过电话想看房 你说...
I know what I said.
我知道我说了什么
I know what you said.
我也知道你说了什么
I know what my mother said on March 5 1992.
我还知道我妈在1992年3月5日说了什么
What is the sixth noble gas
第六惰性气体是什么
What You said you're a scientist.
-什么 -你说你是科学家
What is the sixth noble gas
第六惰性气体是什么
Uh radon
氡?
Are you asking me or telling me
你是问我还是回答我
Telling you
回答你?
Telling you.
回答你
All right next question.
好 下一个问题
Kirk or Picard
柯克还是皮卡尔
[星际迷航中初代和下一代进取号的舰长]
Oh uh well that's tricky.
好难抉择
Um Original Series over Next Generation
初代比下一代好看
but Picard over Kirk.
但皮卡尔比柯克强
Correct.
正确
You've passed the first barrier to roommate hood.
你已通过室友关系第一关
You may enter.
你可以进来了
Oh this is pretty nice.
挺宽敞的嘛
Uh the bedrooms are back there
卧室在里面吧
That depends.
这得看情况
I don't understand.
我不明白
Their existence is conditional
卧室的存在有条件的吗
No but your ability to perceive their existence is conditional
不 但对你来说卧室的存在是有条件的
on you passing the second and third barriers.
你要通过第二和第三关
There's three
有三关啊
Each more daunting than the last.
一个比一个更具挑战性
Have a seat.
请坐
Okay.
No That's where I sit
不 这是我的专座
What's the difference
有区别吗
This seat is ideally located
这个位置正好
both in relation to the heat source in the winter
能在冬天吹到暖气
and a cross breeze in the summer.
夏天吹到对流风
It also faces the television at a direct angle
而且正对着电视机
allowing me to immerse myself in entertainment or game play
我能专心看电视或者打机
without being subjected to conversation.
不受谈话干扰
As a result I've placed it in a state of eternal dibs.
因此 我把它置于永恒状态了
Can you do that
可能吗
Cathedra mea regulae meae.
[拉丁语]
That's Latin for "My chair my rules."
意思是"我的椅子 我做主"
Now you said on the phone
你在电话里说
that your area of study is physics.
你的研究领域是物理
Uh yeah experimental physics.
对 实验物理学
What is that
那是什么
Doesn't concern you.
跟你无关
You'll be going to the university every day
你每天都会去大学吗
Yes.
And you have a vehicle A car yeah.
-你有交通工具吗 -有辆车
And you'll be willing to drive me
你愿意载我吗
Can't you drive
你不会开车吗
I can.
我会
I choose not to.
我不想开
Okay I suppose I could drive you.
那我可以载你
That's a point in my favor right
这点可以给我加加分对吧
Why don't you let me do this.
我来写就可以了
Come on I just asked.
别这样 我问问而已嘛
Last question.
最后一个问题
In a post apocalyptic world
身处一个后启示录的世界中
which task would you assign the highest priority
你会最先考虑完成以下哪项工作
Locating a sustainable food source
找出可持续利用的食物来源
reestablishing a functioning government
重建一个功能政府
procreating or preserving the knowledge of mankind
生育 还是传承人类文化
Uh I'm gonna go with... preserving the knowledge.
我选 传承文化
That's correct.
正解
FYI I would have accepted any answer other than procreating.
供你参考 除了生育 其他答案我都接受
Come I'll show you the rest of the apartment.
来 我带你参观一下其他房间
Oh good.
太好了
I passed the barriers.
我通过关卡了
The second barrier. Don't get cocky.
只是第二关卡 别翘尾巴呢
This is the bathroom.
这里是浴室
Are you fairly regular
你周期正常吗
Uh I guess.
大概吧
This isn't going to work if you're guessing.
你不能给我模棱两可的答案
When do you evacuate your bowels
你什么时候排泄粪便
When I have to.
我憋不住的时候
When you have to
你憋不住的时候
I'm sorry I don't rent to hippies.
抱歉 我不租房间给嬉皮士
I I'm sorry uh in the morning.
不好意思 是早上
Around 8 00.
8点左右
I can't give you 8 00. I can give you 7 30.
8点不行 你可以7点半用厕所
Fine. I'll take it.
好 我同意
Third barrier passed.
通过第三关卡
You have won the right to see your room.
你赢得了参观你卧室的权利
Huzzah.
噢耶
Is this it
是这间吗
No this is my room.
不 这是我的卧室
People don't go in my room.
人们不能进我的卧室
So where do you sleep
那你睡哪儿啊
I don't understand.
我没明白
If people don't go in there and you're people and...
你说人类不能进去 你自己也是人类
You are people aren't you
你 是人类吧
Making a joke.
我开个玩笑
Do you do this often
你经常这样吗
On occasion.
偶尔吧
Your room.
你的卧室
("去死吧 谢尔顿")
You may want to repaint.
你还是重新刷漆吧
And after all that you just moved in
他那么多事儿 你居然就搬进去了
I didn't just move in.
才不是那么简单就搬进去
First we had to iron out a few details.
首先我们得谈妥一些细节问题
"Roommates agree that Friday nights shall be reserved
室友同意在每周五晚上观看
for watching Joss Whedon's brilliant new series Firefly."
乔斯·威登最新导演的 惊世力作《萤火虫》
Does that really need to be in the agreement
这条也要放到协议里啊
We might as well settle it now it's going to be on for years.
最好是现在定下来 那可要播好几年呢
Initial here.
在这里草签
All right that's television and movies.
好了 电视以及电影协议完成了
Section nine miscellany.
第九部分 杂项
The apartment's flag
公寓旗帜是一头
is a gold lion rampant on a field of azure.
在天蓝色背景下两腿站立的金色狮子
We have a flag
咱还有旗子呢啊
Never fly it upside down.
千万别弄反了
Unless the apartment's in distress.
除非公寓面临危机
And next.
下一条
"If either of us ever invents time travel
如果我们之中任何一人发明了时空穿梭机
"We agree our first stop will be this meeting today
我们同意第一站就是回到今天这个会议
in precisely five seconds."
时间是5秒之后
Okay.
That's disappointing.
真可惜
Why on earth did you agree to all that
你到底干嘛要同意那些协议啊
It was the best apartment I'd seen
那是我见过最棒的公寓了
the rent was very reasonable
房租也很合理
and after you've passed the first three barriers
而且在通过前三个关卡之后
you kind of want to take it all the way.
你就会不自觉地想一路前进了
Well I'm sorry Leonard
抱歉 莱纳德
it's very hard to feel sympathy for you.
我只能说 自作孽 不可活
Okay how about this
好吧 那这样吧
Let me tell you about the first time I brought a girl over.
我给你讲讲我第一次带姑娘回家的事儿
Leonard
莱纳德
Shh. Just pretend we're not here.
嘘 假装我们不在
Leonard
莱纳德
I'm sure he'll go away.
他肯定一会就走了
I'm just going to keep knocking till you answer.
你不回答我 我就一直敲
Leonard
莱纳德
Leonard
莱纳德
Leonard
莱纳德
What do you want
你想干嘛啊
I didn't say come in
我没说"请进"
You asked what I wanted.
是你问我想干什么的
I wanted to come in.
我想进来啊
I'm here because you violated our roommate agreement.
我来是因为你违反了我们的室友协议
Specifically section eight
确切来说 是第八部分"宾客"里的
visitors subsection C females paragraph four coitus.
C小部分"女性"里的第四段 "交媾"
"Roommates shall give each other
在进行交媾之前 室友需要
12 hours notice of impending coitus."
提前12小时通知对方
I didn't even know her 12 hours ago.
我俩认识还不到12小时呢
That's it I'm out of here
够了 老娘闪人了
But Joyce come on.
乔伊斯 别走啊
12 hours
12小时
Oh my God.
我的老天
Do I get some sympathy now
现在觉得同情我了吗
A little bit.
有点儿
Ok let me get this straight.
好 让我理下思路
You move in with this guy
你搬进来和他一起住
he made you sign a rediculous roommate agreement
他让你签了一份相当扯淡的室友协议
then he walks into your bedroom
然后他在你和那个乔伊斯·金爱爱的时候
while you're doing this Joyce Kim
走进了你的卧室
and you still stay.
可你居然还没搬走
Actually I couldn't get too mad at him about Joyce Kim.
其实乔伊斯·金这事也不能怪他
Why not
为什么
Well I was doing some government research at the time
当时我正致力于某些政府研究
you know military rocket fuel.
军用火箭燃料
It's kind of secret.
算是国家机密吧
What does that have to do with Joyce Kim
这和乔伊斯·金有毛关系
As it turns out she was a North Korean spy.
后来发现她是个朝鲜间谍
Luckily Sheldon drove her out
好在我还没透露什么重要机密
before I revealed anything important.
谢尔顿就把她赶了出去
Which I I'm not saying I would have.
我不是我说我肯定会透露
So what that's it
就因为这样吗
You've stayed with Sheldon all this time
一直以来你忍受谢尔顿
because he kept you from going to federal prison
就为了感谢他让你免受牢狱之灾吗
That was part of it.
这是理由之一
The other part is what happened with the elevator.
理由之二和那电梯有关
Oh yeah I'm wondering about that.
我正想问呢
You said it was working when you moved in.
你说你搬来时电梯还能用呢
It was but one night Sheldon came home from work...
之前是能用 但某天晚上 谢尔顿下班回来...
What is going on here
这里是怎么回事
Hey Sheldon.
好啊 谢尔顿
This is Howard and Raj.
这是霍华德和拉杰
They work at the university too.
他们也在大学里工作
Hey. Hey.
-好 -好
I'll get to you later.
我一会儿找你算账
What are you sitting on
你们坐的什么呢
I can't speak for these guys but I'm sitting on my tushie.
他们不好说 我正坐在屁垫上呢
It's a joke.
我开个玩笑
Not a good idea.
有点冷
"Tushie" Is buttocks right
屁垫就是屁股吧
Right. Hilarious.
-米错 -搞笑
Explain the couch.
这沙发是怎么回事
Oh well there were some people on the first floor moving out
一楼的住户今天搬家
and they sold it to me for $100.
他们100刀贱卖给了我
Howard and Raj helped me bring it up.
霍华德和拉杰帮我搬了进来
But what's wrong with the furniture we have
我们的家具怎么不好了
They're lawn chairs.
就俩草坪椅而已
And there was no place for company.
别人来就没的坐了
Did it occur to you that was by design
你没意识到 我这是故意的嘛
According to the roommate agreement
根据室友协议
I'm entitled to allocate 50% of the cubic footage of the common areas.
我有权使用 50%立方米的公共区域
But you didn't notify me by e mail so this is still a breach.
但你没有发邮件事先告知我 所以还是违规了
I did notify you.
我告知你了
Oh you did did you
是吗
Oh drat
真见鬼
Hoisted by my own spam filter.
被垃圾邮件过滤器害惨了
What am I doing in your spam folder
干垃圾邮件过滤器毛事了
I put you there after you forwarded me
自你上次发我一张弹钢琴的猫咪图
a picture of a cat playing the piano entitled "This is funny."
标题还说什么"很搞笑" 我就把你给扔垃圾邮件里去了
Oh yeah I saw that.
那个我看过
That was hilarious.
太搞笑了
Okay what does all this have to do with the elevator
这和电梯有什么关系
I'm getting to it.
别急嘛 就说到了
I assure you you'll be sorry you wasted your money on an iPod
等到微软出了自己的播放器 到时你就等着后悔吧
when Microsoft comes out with theirs.
把钱浪费在一文不值滴苹果机上
Okay do you have an opinion about everything
你对所有东西都有意见吗
Yes.
And you just assume you're always right
你还假设你永远正确吗
It's not an assumption.
这可不是假设 而是事实
Change seats with me.
和我换个座位
Why I don't like this spot.
-干嘛 -我不喜欢这个位子
I have to keep turning my head.
讲话还得不停转头
Fine.
好吧
Ooh it's time for Babylon 5
哇哦 巴比伦5号开始了
We don't watch Babylon 5 in this apartment.
这里可不看巴比伦5号
Why not
为什么
Because no one likes Babylon 5.
因为没人爱看
I like it.
我就爱看
Me too. So do I.
-我也爱看 -我也是
There you go three against one.
得了 三比一
They don't get a vote.
他们又没投票权
It's one against one.
所以应该是一比一
And according to the roommate agreement
而根据室友协议
all ties will be settled by me.
如果平局就由我说了算
But I said no to that.
但我没同意
And I said yes.
可我同意了
And I settle all ties.
而平局则由我说了算
Change seats with me.
和我换座位
Why
干嘛
There's a draft on my neck over here.
这里有穿堂风吹我脖子
So I get the draft
那我被吹了怎么办
You're protected by your turtleneck.
你穿高领套头衫呢 没事
Fine.
好吧
And it's a dickey.
这是件V领假衬衫
I'm still not comfortable.
还是觉得不自在
Of course.
难怪了
There's too many people here.
人太多了
We can fix that.
这容易解决
Let's leave.
我们撤
Yeah we can go over to my place.
就是 去我家好了
Wait.
等下
Let me get my jacket.
我去拿外套
You're not going with us. Why not
-我们不带你一起 -为什么
You're the guy we're trying to get away from.
我们就是为了摆脱你
Well in that case I don't need my jacket.
既然如此 外套就能免了
And for the record the correct syntax is
强调一下句法错误
I'm the guy from whom you're trying to get away.
应该是: 我就是你们要摆脱的那个人
Oh yes.
这才对
This is definitely going to be my spot.
这才是我的专属座位
Okay.
好吧
How do you know he said that You left the room.
你咋知道他说的什么 你都不在屋里了
Hey do you want me to finish working on your man feet or not
到底想不想我给你涂完你的大脚丫了
Fine. Go ahead.
好啦 说下去
Howard are you having a playdate
霍华德 你有小伙伴来玩吗
I don't have playdates
才不是小伙伴
I have colleagues
是我同事
Do their parents know they're here
他们父母知道他们来这的吧
No but if you keep screaming maybe they'll hear you
不 但你继续吼的话 他们可能就能听到
That your dad
那是你爸吗
She grows any more hair on her face yes.
她脸上再长点胡子的话 就差不多了
Oh man. Is that a two stage rocket
天 那是两级火箭吗
Three. I designed the engine myself.
三级火箭 我自己设计的引擎
Cool. Can it break Mach 1
酷 速度能达一马赫以上吗
Oh probably if I could get my hands on that new fuel
有可能的 只要政府正在研究的
the government's been working on.
那项新燃料项目被我弄到手
Oh this just might be your lucky day.
今天可能就是你的幸运日
Howard what happened to the Oreos I left on the counter
霍华德 我放柜子上的奥利奥饼干呢
I haven't seen your Oreos
我没见过你的奥利奥
Just take your bath without them
就别边吃边洗澡了
So why was it his lucky day
为什么说那天是他的幸运日
Well it turns out I had a little rocket fuel in the apartment.
因为我公寓里 恰好就有一点火箭燃料
What were you doing with rocket fuel in your apartment
你公寓里放火箭燃料干嘛
Joyce Kim was kind of curious about what I did for a living
乔伊斯·金对我的工作有点好奇
and I was going to kind of show it to her.
我是想给她展示一下
It's not important. The point is
那并不重要 重点是
the guys and I went back to the apartment.
我们仨回到了公寓
Are we ever going to get to the elevator
你到底讲不讲电梯的事啊
Yeah we're really close.
马上就讲到了
Uh uh we're at the apartment.
我们回到了公寓
The trick is to mix it into Tovex in order to create a combustible gel
诀窍在于要混入Tovex水胶炸药 以制造出一种易燃的凝胶
that will generate over 8 000 kilo newtons of thrust.
它能产生八百万牛顿以上的推力
Cool. Nice.
-好酷 -太棒了
Won't work.
没用的
Excuse me but I've been working on this a long time.
抱歉 我干这行可是很久了的
Trust me it'll work.
相信我 绝对管用
You don't see your mistake do you
你还没发现自己的错误 是吗
There's no mistake.
根本就没错误
This is for a full scale rocket not a model.
那是给全尺寸火箭用的 而不是给模型用的
Well I've adjusted the formula.
我已经调整过配方了
Not correctly.
没调整对
Okay I've had it with you.
行了 我受够你了
You might be an expert on theoretical physics and science fiction programs
你可能是专精于 理论物理和科幻节目
and where to sit on a freaking couch
还有坐沙发哪个座位
but this is applied physics.
但这是应用物理学范畴
And when it comes to applied physic... uh oh.
而说到应用物理学...
What's happening
怎么回事
A bad thing. A very bad thing.
大事不妙 非常不妙
Get the door.
快开门
Get the door Get the door
快开门 快开门
Get the door Get the door
快开门 快开门
You're waiting for the elevator
你还想等电梯
Oh. Right.
哦 对哦
Wait. It's here.
等等 电梯到了
Give me that.
快给我
What'd you do that for I had plenty of time...
你这是干嘛 我有的是时间...
You're welcome.
不用谢
Not only did Sheldon save my life
谢尔顿不仅救了我一命
he didn't rat me out to the landlord.
他还没向房东告发我
Or the police.
或报警
Or Homeland Security.
或报告国家安全局
Okay so basically you're the reason
所以你就是害我
I have to walk up and down three flights of stairs every day
不得不每天上上下下跑三层楼梯的人
So I did something stupid.
我是干了件蠢事
I'm sure you did stupid things when you were younger.
相信你年少无知时 肯定也干过蠢事
What were you doing seven years ago
七年前你都在干些什么
Excuse me I was in high school.
说什么呀 那时我才是高中生
Studying keeping my nose clean
就知道学习 洁身自爱
doing volunteer work for the community.
在社区做志愿服务
Not pregnant.
没怀孕
Oh Ubuntu
乌班图
you are my favorite Linux based operating system.
你是我最爱的Linux操作系统
Why do I smell methacrylate
怎么有甲基丙烯酸酯的味道
Oh uh clear nail polish. I had a mani pedi.
我涂的透明指甲油 我做了个美甲
Men can get those.
男人也可以美甲
Anyway I may owe you an apology.
不管怎样 我可能该跟你道歉
There's doubt
你还不确定这点吗
I did agree to the thermostat setting
我确实认可过自动调温器的设置
and I shouldn't have tried to change it.
不该私自去改变它
That's not an apology.
这不是道歉
Simply an acknowledgement that I was right.
只是承认我是对的
Ok I'm sorry.
好吧 我很抱歉
There you go.
这就对了
So we are good
那我们就算和好了
Good what
什么和好
Never mind.
算了
Okay if I watch some TV
我看电视可以吧
Go ahead.
看吧
Up next Babylon 5.
接下来播放《巴比伦5号》
You're not even watching
你甚至都没在看电视
I can hear it
但我听得到
Oh so the dialogue offends you
他们的对白又冒犯到你了
I would hardly call that dialogue
那简直不能成为对白
You're insane you know that
你真是有病 你知道吗
Don't make me turn that flag upside down
别逼我把那面旗再颠倒过来
'cause you know I'll do it
你知道我做得出来的
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片