第四季第十集
生活大爆炸
Clarify something for me.
谁能给我澄清一下
Isn't the point of a communal meal
聚餐的精髓难道不该在于
the exchange of ideas and opinions
互相交换看法和主张吗
An opportunity to consider important issues of the day
这难道不该是讨论今日大事的时刻吗
It is.
是啊
You just kind of put a damper on things
但是每当你威胁要将
when you said "The next person I see talking
边吃边说的人至于死地之后
with food in their mouth will be put to death."
我们就全无兴致了
Well we could argue about who said what all night long
如果要深究谁说了什么的话 我们能纠结一整晚
but to set things back on course
但为了回到正轨上
I will propose a new topic of conversation.
我要为聚餐开启个新的话题了
Great.
不得了了
What is the best number
最棒的数字是哪一个
By the way there's only one correct answer.
多说一句 答案是唯一的
5 318 008
五百三十一万八千零八
Wrong.
错误
The best number is 73.
最棒的数字是73
You're probably wondering why.
你们估计会疑惑原因
No. Uh uh. We're good.
没没 我们没有
73 is the 21st prime number.
73是第21个质数
Its mirror 37 is the 12th and its mirror 21
而它反过来说 37是第12个质数 而它再反过来21
is the product of multiplying
则是构成73的两个数字
hang on to your hats seven and three.
高潮来了 也就是7和3相乘的结果
Eh Eh Did I lie
怎么着 怎么着 我说错没
We get it.
我们懂了
73 is the Chuck Norris of numbers.
73就是数字界的查克·诺里斯
(查克·诺里斯:美国著名武术家)
Chuck Norris wishes.
那是对查克·诺里斯的褒奖
In binary 73 is a palindrome
同时73用二进制表示的结果
"one zero zero one zero zero one"
是1-0-0-1-0-0-1
which backwards is "one zero zero one zero zero one"
所以它反过来念是1-0-0-1-0-0-1
exactly the same.
两者是一致的
All Chuck Norris backwards gets you is "Sirron Kcuhc."
而把查克·诺里斯的名字反着念是"Sirron Kcuhc"[无意义]
Just for the record
我插一句
when you enter 5 318 008 on a calculator
如果你把5318008输进计算器后
upside down it spells "boobies""
它倒过来显示拼写的单词是"咪咪"
Remember when you were wondering
记得你曾疑惑过为何
why the girls didn't want to eat with us tonight
女生们晚上不想跟我们一起吃吗
Yeah I get it now.
是啊 我现在懂了
I love your little heart locket Bernadette.
我喜欢你的心形小吊坠 伯纳黛特
Oh thanks.
谢谢
Howard gave it to me.
是霍华德送我的
It's the cutest thing.
这是最好玩儿的事了
Every time I have dinner with his mom
每当我跟他妈妈共进晚餐后
the next day I get jewelry.
隔天总会收到他送我的首饰
Did you know that the iconic Valentine's heart shape
你们知道人们情人节送的这种心形符号
is not actually based on the shape of a human heart
其实它的原型并不是人的心脏
but rather on the shape of the buttocks of a female bending over
而是女性弯腰时显露的臀部形状吗
Oh so I spent seventh grade
也就是说我的七年级
dotting my I's with little asses
一直都用的小屁股作为点缀了是吧
Cool.
酷啊
Hey Penny how's it going
你好啊 佩妮 最近过得如何
Hey Zack what are you doing here
你好啊 扎克 你来这做什么呢
My dad's company prints the menus for this place.
我爸的公司为这家店印制菜单
I'm just dropping off some new ones laminated.
我来送些过塑了的新版本
Makes 'em easier to clean if people throw up on 'em.
这样吐在上面以后容易打扫一点
Guess how I got the idea
猜猜我怎么想到的点子
Yeah I got it I got it.
好了好了 我懂的
Uh Zack these are my friends Bernadette and Amy.
扎克 这是我的朋友们 伯纳黛特和艾米
Hi. Hey.
-你好啊 -你好
Hoo.
呼~
Okay well it was good to see you.
很高兴再见到你
Yeah you too.
我也是
He's really cute. How do you know him
他好帅啊 你俩怎么认识的
Oh we went out a couple of times.
我们约会过几次
I'm often flummoxed by current slang.
我总被时下的表达方式所迷惑
Does "went out" mean "had intercourse"
约会过是不是总代表着交媾过
Yes. No no.
-是的 -不是 不是的
But in this case yes.
但这次 是的
Interesting.
有意思
And was it not satisfactory
是不是过程不太满意啊
No it was great.
不 其实还不错
He just didn't really challenge me on an intellectual level.
只是他没有在智商层面上给我压力
Couldn't you just fool around with him and then listen to NPR
你不能将就一下他 然后一起去听听NPR吗
(NPR:美国公共电台)
Wouldn't help. Zack can't even spell NPR.
没用的 扎克连NPR的全称都拼不出来
It's what I do with Howard.
我跟霍华德相处就是这么做的
I'm much smarter than he is.
我比他要聪明
But it's important to protect his manhood.
但保护他的男子气概是很重要的
Hoo.
呼~
What's the matter
你怎么了
I'm suddenly feeling flushed.
我只是突感气血涌动
My heart rate is elevated my palms are clammy
我的心率加速 掌心冒汗
my mouth is dry.
口干舌燥
In addition I keep involuntarily saying "hoo."
还有 我只是不由自主地想说"呼~"
Oh we know what's causing that don't we
我想我们明白发生了什么 是吧
It's no mystery.
毫无疑问
I obviously have the flu
我明显是患有感冒
coupled with sudden onset Tourette's syndrome.
及其突发性妥瑞综合症
(妥瑞症:运动协调性疾患)
Did you hear about the accident at the bio lab
听说生物试验室发生的事故了吗
No. What happened
-没 -发生了什么事
They were injecting rats with radioactive isotopes
他们给老鼠注射了放射性同位素
and one of the techs got bit.
但其中的一名技术员被咬了
Did he get superpowers
那他得到了超能力吗
No he got five stitches and a tetanus shot.
没 他被缝了五针外加一针破伤风针剂
Oh. Well that's disappointing.
太令人失望了
Why
为何这么说
Well you get bit by a radioactive animal in a lab
如果你在试验室被放射性动物咬伤
you kind of want to turn into a superhero.
你肯定想成为超级英雄的
Yeah but who'd want to become Rat Man
但谁又想变成鼠魔侠呢
Who wouldn't
谁不想啊
You could zip through a maze in nothing flat
你可以在迷宫里横冲直撞
squeeze through really small holes
钻进很小的地洞
and shut down restaurants in a single bound.
而且只要蹦跶几下就能让餐馆关门
And the best part is if I were Rat Man
而且最棒的是 如果我是鼠魔侠
you could be my sidekick Mouse Boy.
你就可以当我的跟班 鼠娃
Mouse Boy
鼠娃
You don't like "Mouse Boy"
你不喜欢鼠娃吗
How about "Kid Vermin"
那害虫娃呢
First of all if we had superpowers
首先 要是我们真有超能力
I wouldn't be the sidekick. You'd be the sidekick.
我肯定不会是跟班 你才是跟班
Rat Man is nobody's sidekick.
鼠魔侠才不会是跟班呢
Leonard settle this.
莱纳德 你说句公道话
Of the two of us who's the obvious sidekick
我们俩 谁更像跟班
Yeah Leonard who
没错 莱纳德 你说是谁
12 years after high school and I'm still at the nerd table.
高中毕业十二年了 我还是悲催地混在书呆子帮里
Aren't you slicing that man's brain a little too thin
你是不是把这个人的脑子切得太薄了点
It's too thin if I were making
我这要是在奎兹诺餐厅
a foot long brain sandwich at Quiznos.
做英尺人脑三明治的话 就的确是切太薄了
For examination under a two photon microscope it's fine.
但是放在双光子显微镜下检验的话 就不算薄
Well you're the expert.
好吧 你是专家
If the correct way to do it is the wrong way then I yield.
如果胡来才是正确的方法的话 那我闭嘴
Very well.
很好
If you die and donate your body to science
如果你死后将遗体捐献给科学研究的话
I promise to slice your brain like Canadian bacon.
我保证我会把你的大脑切得跟加拿大培根一样厚
Thank you.
谢谢
Now if you'll excuse me
如果你不介意的话
I have to take my temperature.
我要量一下我的体温
Are you monitoring your circadian rhythms
你是在监控你的生理节奏
in order to identify your periods of maximum mental acuity
以确定你脑部活动最旺盛的时段吗
I did that one summer.
我曾经在某个暑假试过
Ah youth.
美好的童年啊
No I experienced some distressing symptoms last night
不是 我昨晚产生了一些奇怪的症状
so I'm checking my vital signs every hour.
所以我每个小时都在检查自己的生命迹象
I'd be happy to create a chart
我很乐意帮你做个图表
and participate in a differential diagnosis.
进行一下差异分析
Oh that sounds like fun.
好像挺好玩的嘛
All right.
开始吧
What were the symptoms
你有哪些症状
Elevated heart rate moist palms dry mouth
心跳加速 手心出汗 口干舌燥
and localized vascular throbbing.
还有局部的血管抽动
Localized to what region
局部是哪
Ears and genitalia.
耳朵和生殖器
Interesting.
有意思
Not body parts that usually team up.
是两个通常不会放一起说的器官
What about environmental factors
那环境因素呢
Describe the scene for me.
形容一下当时的情景
I was sitting in a restaurant with Penny and Bernadette
我跟佩妮还有伯纳黛特一起在餐馆
drinking water carbonated as it was a special occasion.
喝水 而且喝的是碳酸水 因为那是特殊场合
Penny's friend Zack stopped by and said hello
佩妮的朋友扎克过来打了个招呼
and I said "hoo."
然后我就说"呼"[和"谁"同音]
Who
Zack.
扎克
Then why did you ask
你知道是扎克还问
Ask what Who.
-问什么 -问"谁"呀
Zack.
扎克
All right let's start over.
好吧 重头来一遍
What did you say when Zack walked in
扎克走过来后你说了什么
"Hoo". Zack.
-"呼"["谁"] -扎克
Why do you keep saying "Zack"
你为什么一直说"扎克"
Because you keep saying "who."
因为你一直问"谁"["呼"]呀
I'm not saying "hoo" now.
我现在可没说"呼"
I said "hoo" last night.
我是昨晚说的"呼"
And the answer was Zack correct
答案就是扎克 对吧
There was no question.
我没问问题啊
I simply said "hoo."
我只是说了"呼"
All right I think I have enough to go on.
好吧 我不纠结了
Possible explanations for your symptoms are
你以上症状的诱因
in descending order of likelihood
根据可能性降序排列的结果如下
hyperthyroidism premature menopause
甲亢 过早绝经
hosting an alien parasite or
外星人附体 或是
and I only include it for the sake of covering
以下这个结果纯粹是为了涵盖所有
absolutely all bases sexual arousal.
可能因素 那就是性冲动
Where would I have picked up an alien parasite
我在哪儿被外星人附的身啊
There you are.
找到你了
Let me ask you a question. What are you most afraid of
问你个问题 你最怕什么
I don't know. Um...
我也不知道
nuclear war.
核战
Accidentally being buried alive.
不小心被活埋了
Any of those movies where you get that phone call
或者是像那种电影情节一样 突然接到一个电话
that says you're going to die.
电话那头的人说你就要死了
And then you do.
结果你还就真挂了
No. Something very specific
不是这些 是某个
that we both know you
咱俩都知道你
Rajesh Koothrappali are terrified of.
也就是拉杰·库萨帕里 害怕的东西
Well type two diabetes runs in my family.
我家的确有二型糖尿病史
The thought of losing a toe...
糖尿病后期会掉脚趾的
Spiders You're afraid of spiders
是蜘蛛 你怕蜘蛛
What the heck is this
这是什么
A jar with a big spider in it of course.
当然是装着一只大蜘蛛的罐子啦
Bravery test.
勇敢度测试
First one to take his hand out is the sidekick.
先把手拿出来的人就是跟班
Are you crazy
你疯了吗
Perhaps.
也许吧
Are you scared
你怕了吗
No. But it's a stupid test.
没有 但这测试很白痴
Oh really What if the Earth was in danger
是吗 要是地球危在旦夕
and the only way to save it was
而唯一拯救的方法就是
to stick your hand in a jar with a spider
把你的手伸进装着蜘蛛的罐子里呢
Oh yeah What if the Earth was in danger
是吗 要是地球危在旦夕
and the only way to save it was to take a shower
而唯一的拯救办法就是
in the locker room and let other guys see you naked
在更衣室里洗澡 还被人看到你的裸体
Oh come on. That's never gonna happen.
得了 这事没可能发生
Put your hand in the jar
快把手放进罐子里
or forever be revealed as my sidekick.
不然你就一辈子做我跟班吧
All right I will.
好吧 这就放
How did you get so brave all of a sudden
你怎么一下子胆儿这么肥了
It's easy.
简单
The spider's crawling up your arm.
蜘蛛都爬到你手臂上了
Get it off Get it off
快把这货弄下来
Please Raj
快点 拉杰
Please.
别愣着
My blood work shows thyroid function normal.
我的血检表明甲状腺功能正常
Cortisol levels normal.
皮质醇水平也正常
How about your follicle stimulating hormone levels
那你的垂体卵泡刺激素水平呢
Sheldon I am not going through menopause.
谢尔顿 我还没到更年期
Are you sure
你确定吗
You said that with the testy bark of an old biddy.
你这口气听着像个暴躁的欧巴桑
I think we need to face the cold hard truth
我觉得我们得面对一个残酷的现实
I was sexually aroused by Penny's friend Zack.
我被佩妮的朋友扎克性唤起了
Hang on. I don't know
慢着 我觉得
that we've given the alien parasite hypothesis
我们还没考虑过外星人附体的可能性呢
a fair shake.
这个合理假设
Let's look at this logically.
我们还是有点逻辑吧
I have a stomach I get hungry.
我有胃 所以会饿
I have genitals I have the potential for sexual arousal.
我有生殖器 所以也可能会有性冲动
A cross we all must bear.
这是我们必须承受的负担
You know in difficult moments like this
每次我遭遇这种艰难时刻
I often turn to a force greater than myself.
我总是借助更强大的力量约束自己
Religion
宗教信仰吗
Star Trek.
《星际迷航》
Did you see Star Trek The Motion Picture
你看过《星舰迷航记I》吗
No. Don't. It's terrible. However...
-没有 -别看了 烂得要死 但是...
in it we learn that
在这部电影里我们知道
when Spock finds himself drawn off the path of logic
当史波克发现自己丧失了理性逻辑
by feelings bubbling up from his human half he suppresses them
而被他人类那部分的情绪所影响
using the Vulcan mental discipline of Kolinahr.
他就用瓦肯族科里纳心律原则压抑自己
Are you suggesting we live our lives
你的意思是 我们的人生要受
guided by the philosophies found in cheap science fiction
不入流的科幻作品里的思想的影响吗
"Cheap science fiction"
不入流的科幻作品
What are you doing
你在做什么
Using Kolinar to suppress my anger at that last comment.
用科里纳规则来压抑我因为上个评论所产生的愤怒
Is it possible that your concern for me at this moment
你现在对我这么在意
is motivated by nothing more than simple jealousy
会不会就是因为嫉妒作祟
I hadn't considered that.
这我倒没想过
Give me a moment.
稍等片刻
All right I've considered it.
好了 我想过了
And I reject it.
-然后呢 -驳回这一说法
You reject it because you don't feel jealousy
是因为你没感觉到嫉妒
or because you are suppressing jealousy
还是因为你压抑掉了
I think I'll eat my lunch at home.
我想我还是回家吃午餐吧
That's not your lunch Sheldon
那不是你的午餐 谢尔顿
those are the cadaver brain specimens.
那些是尸体的大脑标本
As they were incorrectly sliced
就因为你切片切得不对
you can see how I could mistake them for my sashimi.
害得我都把它们当成生鱼片了
Hello. Hey.
-你好 -好啊
Isn't tomorrow your usual laundry night
你不是都明天洗衣服的吗
The supermarket was out of my regular fabric softener.
我常用的柔软剂超市卖光了
If this one under or over softens
如果这一款过柔或不够柔
I'll need time to make things right.
我得花时间处理
That's thinking ahead.
真会未雨绸缪
The alternative would be to think backwards.
换句话说是怎么早没想到
That's just remembering.
这下记住了
So how's Amy
艾米怎么样了
Amy's changed.
艾米变了
I might have to let her go.
也许我该放手了
Oh no. Why
哦不 为什么啊
I thought she was a highly evolved creature
我以为她是个高度进化的
of pure intellect like me.
纯高智商物种 就像我
But recent events indicate that
而最近的事件表明
she may be a slave to her baser urges.
她也许不过是个屈服于低级欲望的生物
Like you.
就像你
Just going to skip over that insult.
这句侮辱我就当没听到吧
What insult
什么侮辱
Yeah That's why I'm going to skip over it.
没错 所以我才要假装没听到
Are you saying that Amy is...
你是说艾米她...
oh what's the scientific word...
用科学的话怎么说来着...
Forget science. She's horny.
别提科学了 她就是很饥渴
Oh Okay. Wow.
好吧 哎呀
It's simple biology. There's nothing I can do about it.
完全是生理上的需求 我无能为力
Are you sure
你确定吗
What are you suggesting
你这是什么意思
I'm suggesting there might be something
我的意思是 也许你可以对
you could do about... Amy's urges
艾米的欲望 做点什么
It's illegal to spay a human being.
切除人的卵巢是犯法的
Yeah. That's not what I had in mind.
好吧 我不是这意思
You mean... something I could do.
你是说我自己可以做什么
Exactly.
一点没错
Well I was hoping to avoid this.
好吧 我一直想避免这么做
But I might as well get it over with.
但我想还是勉为其难一下吧
Thank you Penny.
谢谢 佩妮
I'll let you know what happens.
我会告知你结果的
Oh Amy you lucky girl.
哎呀 艾米 你真是个幸运儿
Yes. This is Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀博士
Is this the Zack Johnson
请问你是扎克·强生吗
who used to have coitus with my neighbor Penny
和我邻居佩妮交媾的那个
Sorry to bother you.
抱歉打扰了
Hello. I'm looking for a Zack Johnson
你好 我想找扎克·强生
who used to have coitus with my neighbor Penny.
曾和我邻居佩妮交媾的那位
Coitus. It means intercourse.
交媾 就是性交
And I have a feeling I'm speaking to the right Zack.
我有预感你就是我要找的那位扎克
This is Sheldon Cooper.
我是谢尔顿·库珀
Fine. Shelly.
好吧 就是谢利
Yes that does sound like a girl's name.
对 确实很像女孩名
No it doesn't bother me.
不 我不觉得困扰
Yes "Smelly Shelly" does bother me.
对 叫我"臭谢利"我确实很困扰
Let me tell you why I'm calling.
我告诉你我为啥打给你
I'd like to know if you'd be interested
我想知道你是否有兴趣
in having sex with Amy Farrah Fowler.
跟艾米·菲拉·福勒性交
Amy Farrah Fowler.
艾米·菲拉·福勒
Yes that is a girl's name.
没错 这确实是个女孩
Good grief. It's like trying to talk to a dolphin.
天哪 简直就是对牛弹琴
Really
坑爹呐
This is going to decide who's the hero and who's the sidekick
这样来决定谁是英雄 谁是跟班
You got a better idea
你有更好的主意
Every idea is better than this idea.
随便哪个主意都比这好
Ding
Wait. What the hell is "ding" It's a bell.
-等等 叮什么叮 -这是铃声
I don't think this kind of wrestling has a bell.
我可不觉得摔跤比赛是用铃的
Fine. How do you want to start
好吧 你说怎么着
I say uh how about one two three go
不然我们喊一二三开始
One two three go That's for babies.
一二三开始 那是小孩子用的
Okay how about uh...
好吧 不然这样...
on your mark get set go
各就各位 预备 开始
That's for a footrace. If you want to race
那是赛跑用的 你想跑吗
we have to go outside.
那还得出去跑
No it's chilly outside. Didn't bring my jacket.
不 外面太冷了 我没穿外套
Oh for crying out loud.
搞什么名堂
What kind of superhero needs a jacket
哪门子超级英雄还需要外套啊
What kind of superhero says "Dibs on the red tights
那你告诉我哪门子英雄会说 "那件红色紧身衣是我的"
Dibs on the red tights "
"那件红色紧身衣是我的"
All right how about this Ready wrestle.
那这样吧 预备 摔跤
Wait. Are we starting now Or is that what you're going to say
等等 现在就开始吗 还是等真的开始时
when we do start or... We're starting now
-再说这句话 -现在就开始
Don't yell at me
别冲我嚷嚷
Suppose there are worse ways to spend a Friday night.
假设还有比这更糟糕的方法耗过周五的夜晚
None come to mind.
完全想不到啊
Look at this stamp. On what authority
看看他们盖的这戳 谁允许他们
are they permitted to mutilate patrons as they enter
在顾客进门时往他们手上盖印子的
I'm sure it'll wash off.
肯定洗得掉的
Little comfort tonight.
今晚总算还有点安慰
I look like a Hell's Angel.
我看着像地狱天使
There's Zack.
扎克在那
Are you sure this is what you want to do
你确定真的想这么做吗
It's not what I want to do
不是我想做
it's what I have to do.
而是不得不做
Go Amy Farrah Fowler.
去吧 艾米·菲拉·福勒
Follow your endocrine system.
遵循自己内分泌系统的呼唤
Thank you Sheldon. You're a good friend.
谢谢 谢尔顿 你真是好朋友
Please don't drag this out.
区区小忙不足挂齿
This is never going to come off.
这玩意肯定洗不掉
Excuse me
打扰一下
Zack I am Amy Farrah Fowler. We met the other night.
扎克 我是艾米·菲拉·福勒 那晚见过的
I have spent my life in pursuit of pure knowledge.
我一直在追求着纯粹的知识
Until I met you my decisions were founded in logic and reason
直到遇到了你 才合理理性地决定
And yet here I stand before you 130 pounds of raging estrogen
站在你面前的 是130磅沸腾的雌性激素
longing to grab hold of your gluteus maximus
渴望着抱住你的臀大肌
and make Shakespeare's metaphorical
来一场莎士比亚所比喻的
beast with two backs.
禽兽一样的勾当
My gluteus what
我的臀什么
On the other hand
另一方面
as I look at the blank ape like expression on your face
看到你这一片空白傻瓜似的表情
(柯里纳:《星舰迷航》中瓦肯人去除感情的过程)
I have decided to adopt the Vulcan practice of Kolinar.
我又决定去培养瓦肯人"柯里纳"的习惯
Good bye Zack. Bye.
-再见 扎克 -再见
Hoo.
呼~~
That should hold me for a while.
这样够我支撑一会了
I'm legally obligated to inform you
法律上我有义务提醒你
that I took a karate lesson when I was 11.
我11岁时上过空手道课程
I'd be a regular ninja by now
要是我妈安排好搭车的事
if my mom could've arranged a carpool.
我现在早就是一合格的忍者了
Oh yeah
是吗
Well I've been taking Pilates class at the rec center
我在健身中心上过普拉提课程
and my abs look like sections of a Hershey bar.
我的腹肌就跟哈希巧克力块儿一样
Oh yeah Won't matter you're going down
是吗 没关系 反正你输定了
No uh uh you're going down
不 你才输定了
If anybody's going to go down it's going to be you.
有人输的话 肯定是你
Fellas. It's been 30 minutes. Nobody's touched each other.
伙计们 都30分钟了 你们还没碰过对方
I'm glad you decided to reject your animal hindbrain
很高兴你决定驳回你的动物本能
and return to the realm of pure intellect.
回到纯粹智力的领域
As am I.
我也是
What are you doing
你这是干嘛
An experiment.
做个实验
Nope. Nothing. Never mind.
没 没什么 算了
You realize you can't win.
你知道你赢不了的吧
I prefer to think that I can't lose.
我宁愿相信 我输不了
You're wrong.
你错了
It's only a matter of time
那只是时间问题
before you fall into Rat Man's rat trap.
你迟早会落入鼠魔侠的捕鼠器的
You pathetic fool
你个可悲的笨蛋
If there were a rat catcher wouldn't it catch Rat Man
有捕鼠器的话 难道不会抓到鼠魔侠么
Just because I didn't express myself well
我没表达好
doesn't mean my underlying point was invalid
不代表我的观点也不对
You bloviating buffoon
你个喋喋不休的小丑
You narcissistic nincompoop
你个自恋的脑残
You crimson coward
你个红鬼懦夫
Oh Leonard wake up
莱纳德 醒醒
you're missing some very excellent superhero quips.
你错过了不少超级英雄的精彩名言了
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片