Previously on The Big Bang Theory...
《生活大爆炸》前情提要
I was offered a summer research fellowship at Princeton.
我得到了普林斯顿大学的夏季研究奖学金
Princeton.
普林斯顿吗
A fine institution.
很不错的大学
The place where Albert Einstein taught
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦教过书的地方
and where Leonard got his PhD
莱纳德也是在那里拿到博士学位
so it may have gone downhill.
所以那学校可能没落了
And just remember I'm proud of you.
记住 我为你感到骄傲
And I support you in all that you do.
你做什么我都支持你
Thank you. That means a lot.
谢谢你 意义重大
Oh and one last thing.
还有一件事
If you find yourself working with a male scientist
如果你在工作中碰到一位男性科学家
who's as smart as me as tall as me
他和我一样聪明一样高大
and has hair like Thor
留着雷神索尔的发型
well then I want you to step away from the situation
我要你马上远离现场
and call me immediately.
立刻给我打电话
时至今日
How are you settling in
还适应吗
Pretty well.
挺好的
Princeton has a beautiful campus.
普林斯顿的校区很棒
Now I've learned some fun facts about New Jersey
我学了几个新泽西的有趣小知识
to help you make small talk.
你能拿去跟别人打开话题
Would you like to know the state bird or the murder rate
你想知道他们的州鸟或谋杀率吗
They're both shocking.
说出来都会吓你一跳
Actually I want to hear about you.
其实我想听的是你的事
How are things at home
你那边还好吗
Well I'm a lot less likely to see an Eastern Goldfinch
我这边看到东部金翅雀
or be murdered I'll tell you that.
或者被谋杀的几率肯定比你低
I miss you.
我想你
I miss you too.
我也想你
It's so strange
有件事很奇怪
earlier today I ended a sentence with a preposition
今天早先我用介词结尾了一个句子
and you weren't there to correct my grammar.
而你却不在我身边纠正我语法
I'm sorry you had to go through that.
我对你这遭遇感到抱歉
In fact
其实呢
that's when I started to really miss you.
我正是因为这事而开始想念你
You know you just split an infinitive.
你刚才分裂了不定式
Did I
是吗
Are you gonna teach me a lesson
你要好好教育我吗
I am.
当然要
It is naughty to put an adverb
你这样很不乖
between the word "to" and the verb stem.
在"to"跟动词之间插入副词
What are you gonna do about it
那你要怎么惩罚我啊
I'm going to admonish you.
我要告诫你
Vigorously
狠狠地告诫吗
That's the only kind of admonishing I do.
我也只会这么告诫人
Our whole universe was in a hot dense state
宇宙一度又烫又稠密
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait
140亿年前终于爆了炸... 等着瞧!
The Earth began to cool
地球开始降温
The autotrophs began to drool Neanderthals developed tools
自养生物来起哄 穴居人发明工具
We built the Wall We built the pyramids
我们建长城 我们建金字塔
Math Science History unraveling the mystery
数学 自然科学 历史 揭开神秘
That all started with a big bang
一切由大爆炸开始
Bang
By aBu 20170513
第十季 第二十四集[本季终]
How's Sheldon doing with Amy gone
艾米走后 谢尔顿还好吗
Well the last three nights
最近三个晚上
I've had to take him to get a haircut
我带他去剪了头发
to the train store and to a Walgreens in Arcadia
去火车模型店 去了隔壁市还有在卖
where they still have the "Good ibuprofen."
"好版本布洛芬止痛药"的连锁药店
Now ask me how I'm doing with Amy gone.
现在问问我 艾米走后 我还好吗
How are you doing with... Shut up.
-艾米走后你还... -闭嘴
If you'd like we can help you out.
如果有需要 我们可以帮忙啊
Oh that would be great.
那就太好了
I mean not me I've got a wife and child
不是我帮你 我是有老婆孩子的忙人了
but this one posts video of himself flossing on Instagram.
但这家伙闲到在社交媒体上发牙线洁牙的视频
It was a tutorial.
我发的是教程好吗
And yes I'm happy to keep Sheldon company.
可以 我很乐意陪陪谢尔顿
Great. Tonight he wants to look at ladders at Home Depot.
太好了 今晚他想去家居店看看梯子
Oh why does he need a ladder
他为什么会需要梯子
He doesn't he just likes looking at them.
他不需要 他就是喜欢看看
Bring a book.
记得带本书打发时间
Gentlemen.
各位
You may remember Dr. Nowitzki
还记得诺维茨基博士吗
She's back at Caltech for her postdoc.
她又回来加州理工读博士后啦
Hello. Hello.
-你好啊 -你们好
Oh let me bring a chair for you.
我去帮你拿张椅子
Oh thanks.
谢谢
Dr. Nowitzki's going to tell me
诺维茨基博士要跟我说说
about the work she did at CERN.
她在欧洲核子研究中心的研究
And she brought me this duty free Toblerone.
而且她还给我带了免税三角巧克力
Oh. I love those.
我好爱吃这个
Let's sit somewhere else.
我们坐别桌吧
What just happened
刚发生什么事了
A stranger just lured Sheldon away with a candy bar.
一个陌生人用巧克力棒诱拐走了谢尔顿
Wait isn't she the grad student that used to follow him around
等等 她不是以前一直围着他转的女研究生吗
上次出场是第2季第6集
Oh yeah.
是呢
Back before he hit puberty and grew man parts.
在他还没进入青春期 鸡鸡没发育的时候
So what do you guys think that's about
你们觉得他们有什么猫腻
Knowing Sheldon nothing.
据我对谢尔顿的了解 啥都没有
So tell me about your scalar dark energy experiment.
跟我说说你的标量场暗能量实验
Not 'til you tell me about your latest paper
你先跟我说说你最新的论文
on quantum loop theory.
圈量子理论
You must be one of those dessert before dinner people.
你肯定是那种要先吃甜点才吃正餐的人
He just made her laugh something's wrong.
他居然引她发笑了 果真是有猫腻
Do you see the way she's looking at him
你们看到她看他的眼神了吗
Yeah. Like Bernadette used to look at me.
看到了 就像当年伯纳黛特看我那样
I keep telling you close the bathroom door.
我跟你说过多少次了 关上浴室门
Ah did you see that
你们看到了吗
She just touched his hand and he didn't swat it away.
她摸了他的手 他都没甩开
What is happening
到底怎么回事
Okay the simplest explanation is usually the right one.
最简单的解释通常也是最正确的解释
Which is
什么解释
That ain't Sheldon.
那不是谢尔顿
Not only did they eat together
他们不止共进午餐
Leonard said he made her laugh.
莱纳德说谢尔顿还把她逗乐了
That's nothing
那不算什么
Howie said she touched his hand.
华仔说她还碰了谢尔顿的手
Did he Purell
他用洗手液清洁了吗
No.
并没有
I cannot believe Leonard mentioned the Toblerone
真不敢相信莱纳德提了三角巧克力
but left that part out.
却没提到这个
Should we call Amy
我们该打给艾米吗
I don't know we shouldn't worry her if it's nothing.
不知道 如果没什么的话我们不该让她担心
I guess we could wait
那我们再等等
till we have more information about this girl. Yeah.
-等掌握多一点这妹子的情况再说 -行
Do you think living with Amy
你觉得跟艾米住在一起
has somehow stirred up Sheldon's...
会不会莫名其妙激起谢尔顿的...
sexual appetite
性欲
How can you think that
你怎么能有那种想法
Why would you even put those words together
这么恶心的句子你居然也说得出来
All right then we agree.
好啦 那我们达成共识
He's not making any moves
他不会采取任何行动
it's this Dr. Ramona chick.
是那个博士妞拉蒙娜太主动
Nowitzki. I Googled her she's pretty cute.
诺维茨基 我上网查了她 人还挺俏
Really All I got from Leonard
是吗 莱纳德只告诉我
was the Toblerone bar had nuts.
三角巧克力棒里有坚果仁
And get this
听这个
I saw an articulating ladder
我看见一把折叠关节梯
with dual leg leveling which delivers stability
带双腿水平校准 可以在不平坦的地面
and adaptability to uneven terrain.
提供稳定性和适应性
Sounds like a big night.
听起来今晚过得很充实啊
Yeah. Raj made the funniest joke he said
对啊 拉杰还讲了一个超好笑的笑话
"Which is the best ladder to use to hang myself "
他说"哪一把梯子最适合拿来自杀上吊"
So you're keeping busy You're not lonely
所以你一直都有事情做 你不会孤单吗
Oh not at all.
完全不会
I've had outings with Leonard and Raj in the evening
我傍晚跟莱纳德和拉杰一起外出
and oh I had lunch with Dr. Nowitzki.
对了 我还跟诺维茨基博士一起吃了午餐
Who's he
他是谁
Oh Dr. Nowitzki is a woman.
诺维茨基博士是女的
Oh. Really
是吗
Uh when did you meet her
你什么时候认识她的
Many years ago.
很多年前吧
Back when she was a grad student.
那会她还是研究生
She's always been a huge fan of my work
她一直对我的研究超级感兴趣
and now she's doing research at Caltech.
现在她在加州理工学院做研究
Huge fan you say
超级迷妹 是吧
Yes. I think you'd like her.
是的 我觉得你会喜欢她
She's extremely intelligent just like you.
她冰雪聪明 就跟你一样
Unlike you she's tall blonde
跟你不一样的是 她是金发高妹
and used to be an Olympic swimmer.
之前还是奥运会的游泳选手
That's terrific. I'll call you right back.
太棒了 我很快打回来给你
Oh hey Amy.
艾米
I gave you one job
我就让你们做一件事
Keep an eye on him.
帮我看着他
How hard is that
是有多难
We thought you meant
我们以为你说的看着他
not letting him run out into traffic.
是别让他瞎跑到车流中
Which he only did once. Yeah.
-他就瞎跑过一次 -对
Why didn't you tell me
你们为什么不告诉我
We didn't want you to worry.
我们不想让你担心啊
Should I worry
我该担心吗
No. Come on it's Sheldon.
不用 拜托 那可是谢尔顿
Nothing is gonna happen.
什么事都不会发生
That's what you said to me when I started dating him.
我一开始跟他约会时 你也是这么说的
And then five years later
现在五年过去了
bingo bango something happened.
结果咧结果咧 有事发生了吧
Yeah but you're gonna be back in three months.
是啊 但你三个月后就回来啦
You don't get it.
你们不会明白
I've been smacking that ketchup bottle for a long time.
那瓶番茄酱的屁股 老娘已经费劲拍了那么久
All she's got to do is tip it over
现在那女的只需要将它倒过来
and point it at her fries.
对准她的薯条就能享受现成的了
Well what do you want us to do
那你希望我们怎么做
I don't know.
我不知道
Might be the New Jersey talking
可能受了新泽西州讲话方式的影响
but this Nowitzki broad needs to disappear.
但这个诺维茨基浪蹄子必须消失
That's ridiculous.
用不用这样啊
As far as we know
据我们所知
all that happened is two scientists had lunch.
就是两名科学家一起吃午餐
Yeah but one of those scientists
是啊 可其中一名科学家
is a tall blonde Olympic swimmer.
是一名金发高妹的奥运游泳选手
Come on. Looks don't matter to Sheldon.
拜托 外表对谢尔顿来说不重要
Because he only has eyes for you.
因为他的眼中只有你
Nice try.
少拍马屁
Thanks. I was scrambling.
多谢 我胡乱拼凑瞎说的
It's unbelievable.
真是不可理喻
Sheldon has lunch with another woman
谢尔顿跟其他别人吃午餐
and somehow my wife yells at me.
而我老婆居然把我吼了一顿
Penny laid into me too.
佩妮也把我骂了一顿
Apparently I'm overly fixated on
显然 我过分专注在
premium Swiss chocolate bars.
优质的瑞士巧克力棒上
Can you even eat those things
你应该不能吃那玩意吧
If I take a Lactaid a half hour before
提前一个半小时吃一片防胀气咀嚼片
and some Pepto right after.
吃完后马上吃止泻药就没事啊
Sounds like a lot of work.
听起来很麻烦啊
Yeah. Eh I'm worth it.
是啊 但也值了
Guys. Focus.
伙计们 别偏题
Should we do something about Nowitzki
我们该对诺维茨基采取行动吗
Like what
比如什么
Uh well she's single
她现在单身
so if somebody else asks her out and she says yes
所以如果其他人约她出去 她答应的话
then we know she's not into Sheldon.
就证明她对谢尔顿没兴趣
I'll do it.
我上吧
No offense Stuart
无意冒犯 斯图尔特
but th th the woman's a doctor.
但那位女性是个博士[医生]
So Doctors like me.
那又如何 医生都喜欢我
Whenever I see mine he calls in
我每次去找我的医生看病
a bunch of other doctors to have a look.
他都叫很多其他医生进来看我
She's not that kind of doctor.
她不是那种医生
Well her loss.
那是她的损失
I've been called a genuine medical oddity.
人称真医学奇葩就是我
Actually I was going to suggest me.
其实我本来是想毛遂自荐
Great. Anybody's better than mmm.
太好了 谁都比那谁强
Excuse me.
不好意思
They took out my spleen and gallbladder
他们只取走了我的脾脏和胆囊
not my feelings.
我的情感还在
Dr. Nowitzki.
诺维茨基博士
Good to see you. Good to see you too.
-很高兴见到你 -我也是
May I join you
我能和你一起坐吗
No.
不能
Good to see you.
很高兴见到你
We should call Guinness that might be a record.
我们应该打给吉尼斯 那可能破了被拒绝速度的记录
She's clearly having a working lunch
她一看就是正在吃工作午餐
and preferred to eat alone.
不希望被打扰
Dr. Cooper over here.
库珀博士 这边
I could have made her very happy.
我本来可以让她很开心的
You kept walking. I think you did.
你乖乖走开 我想她应该开心了
Do you really think there's reason to worry
你真觉得我们有理由担心吗
Yeah she's definitely going after Sheldon.
是啊 她绝对在倒追谢尔顿
I made a play for her and she shot me down.
我勾引过她 但她拒绝我了
All right well that doesn't prove anything.
可那根本证明不了什么
Yeah there's a million reasons a woman would shoot Raj down.
是啊 女人有一百万个拒绝拉杰的原因
Like really a million
真的吗 一百万个那么夸张
Fine hundreds.
好吧 几百个
Thank you.
谢谢你啊
The point is this could be nothing
重点是 这可能根本没什么
and we are all overreacting.
我们都反应过度了
Hey everybody.
大家好
This is my friend
这位是我朋友
Dr. Nowitzki. Hi.
-诺维茨基博士 -大家好
Hi.
你好
We just went swimming.
我们刚去游泳了
And you actually got in a pool
你真的进泳池里了吗
I was scared
我一开始怕得要死
but I told myself it's just a big bathtub.
但我告诉自己 这只是个大浴缸
Then I got scared again 'cause there are
然后我再度怕得要死
all these strangers in my bathtub.
因为我浴缸里有很多陌生人
I was proud of him a lot of people
我为他感到骄傲
don't put their face in the water on the first day.
很多人第一天都不敢把脸埋进水里
Well I was hiding from a bee but it still counts.
我是为了躲避一只蜜蜂 但那也算数
Can I just squeeze in here
麻烦让个位子给我
So Sheldon have you talked to Amy
谢尔顿 你跟艾米联系过了吗
Yes we Skyped this morning
有啊 我们今早视频聊天了
and I'm sure I'll check in with her before I go to sleep.
我睡前会再跟她联系一次
Sheldon talks about her all the time.
谢尔顿总说起她
I can't wait to meet her.
我等不及见她了
That is true.
真的
She keeps asking how long Amy's going to be gone.
她一直在问艾米会离开多久
Uh so Ramona tell us about yourself.
拉蒙娜 自我介绍一下吧
Do you do you have a boyfriend
你有男朋友吗
Leonard your wife is sitting right here.
莱纳德 你老婆就坐在旁边
What are you doing
你干嘛呢
No my work doesn't leave me a lot of time for relationships.
我的工作很忙 没什么时间谈恋爱
I think you made that very clear.
这一点你已经表达得很清楚了
She was part of the American team at CERN.
她曾是欧洲核子研究中心美国团队的一员
I had a front row seat when they detected the Higgs boson.
他们探测到希格斯玻色子时 我就在现场
Do you know
你知道吗
I've corresponded with Peter Higgs.
我和彼得·希格斯通过信
曾获诺贝尔物理学奖
英国理论物理学家 提出了希格斯机制
Would you like to see some of his letters
你想看看他的信吗
Absolutely. I'll get them.
-当然了 -我去拿
Well hang on I'll come with you.
等等 我跟你一起去
Oh fun.
真好玩
Like a play date.
像玩耍约会一样
Okay correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that exactly
如果我说错了 纠正我
what we were supposed to stop from happening
但我们不是该阻止这种事的发生吗
I threw my body at them
我都舍身用肉体隔开他们了
what else did you want me to do
你还想要我怎么样
You think you should call Amy
你觉得你该打电话给艾米吗
You got fingers and a mouth you call her.
你有手有嘴 你打啊
Here you go.
你看
Are these all from Peter Higgs
这些信都是彼得·希格斯写给你的吗
Oh no no no.
不不不
They're from many famous people.
有很多不同的名人
See Oh like this one.
看到没 比如这封信
This is from Patrick Stewart.
来自帕特里克·斯图尔特
英国演员 出演过《X战警》X教授一角
It says if I come to his house again
信上说 如果我再去他家
I get to meet his dogs.
他就会放狗来跟我"会一会"
Oh excuse me.
不好意思
Hello Sheldon. Oh hello Amy.
-你好 谢尔顿 -你好 艾米
I was missing you again.
我又想你了
I miss you too.
我也想你
Hey this is good timing.
时机正好
Remember that Dr. Nowitzki I told you about
还记得我之前跟你提过的诺维茨基博士吗
She's right here.
她就在这儿呢
Sh she's what
她什么
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好
So nice to meet you.
幸会
Hang on.
稍等
Hello.
A little late Leonard.
有点迟了 莱纳德
I'm sorry.
对不起
What is Leonard doing calling you at this hour
莱纳德这个时候打电话给你做什么
It's not important.
这不重要
I must tell you that seems a little inappropriate.
我得跟你说 这样似乎有点不合适
Don't you agree
你同意吗
I do.
同意
See
We both think so.
我们都这样认为
All right this is making me crazy.
好了 我快疯了
Somebody's got to go over there.
你们谁过去一下
You got feet and legs you do it.
你有腿有脚 你去啊
Will you go with me
你要和我一起去吗
To do what Shake a can of nickels at them
去了做什么 冲他们摇硬币罐吗
We're being ridiculous.
我们太杞人忧天了
There's no way a woman that attractive
那么漂亮的女人是不可能
is trying to seduce Sheldon Cooper.
试图勾引谢尔顿·库珀的
You done trying to make yourself feel better
你的自我安慰牌打完了没
No. I haven't played the race card yet.
没 我还没打种族歧视牌呢
Hey I hate to break up the party
我也不想打断聚会
但艾米说我累了 必须上床睡觉
It was nice seeing everybody.
很高兴见到大家
Thank you for dinner.
多谢你们的晚餐
Sure. Our pleasure.
-不客气 -我们的荣幸
Whatever.
随便啦
Walk me to my car
要送我上车吗
Of course.
当然
We'll all go.
我们一起送
Excuse me.
借过
Pardon. I just need to... yeah.
不好意思 我过去下 好了
That was fun.
真好玩
It was like Mario Kart.
像玩"马里奥赛车"
Bye.
We need to talk.
我们需要谈谈
Wh Is this about Leonard and Amy
是关于莱纳德和艾米的事吗
I don't like it either.
我也不爽
Okay I know you don't have a lot of experience with women
我知道你在女人方面经验不足
but Ramona seems to have
但拉蒙娜似乎
a romantic interest in you.
对你有意思
That doesn't make any sense.
这根本没道理
She knows I have a girlfriend.
她知道我有女朋友
Well sometimes women don't care.
有时候女人不在乎
Sometimes it makes them want a guy even more.
有时候这令她们更想要这个男人
That may be true
可能是这样
but Dr. Nowitzki's just a friend.
但诺维茨基博士只是朋友
In fact I wouldn't have even noticed she's a woman
事实上 如果她没穿那件突显
if she hadn't worn that bathing suit that highlighted her bosom.
她胸部的泳衣的话 我都没注意到她是女人
Okay. Um... ...let's try this.
好吧 我们换个说法
Think of yourself as one of those
把你自己想象成那种
limited edition toys people like to collect.
人们喜欢收集的限量版玩具公仔
I already do.
我一直是这样想的
Well then you get it.
那你就会明白了
Because there's only one of me
因为我是独一无二的
I'm more valuable.
我更有价值
Right.
对了
Although Amy's already taken me out of my package
不过 艾米已经把我从包装盒中拿出来
and played with me.
玩过了 我掉价了
Let's forget the toy thing okay
别管玩具这个比喻了
Um maybe... Penny look. I appreciate your concern
-也许 -佩妮 感谢你的关心
but I don't think that's what's happening.
但我不觉得事情是这样的
All right. What do you think is happening
好吧 你觉得事情是怎样的
I think Dr. Nowitzki is a friendly colleague.
我觉得诺维茨基博士是一位友好的同事
I think you and Leonard need to see a marriage counselor.
我觉得你和莱纳德需要见婚姻咨询师
And I need to update my resume
我需要去更新简历
to include swimming as a special skill.
加上游泳这项特殊技能
Don't look at me like that I tried.
别这样看着我 我尽力了
Hey did you eat yet
你吃了吗
Uh breakfast yes lunch no.
吃了早餐 没吃中餐
I did have a cough drop
我服用了止咳糖
but that really rides the line between sucking and eating.
但这是介于吸和吃之间的行为
Well perfect. I made us sandwiches.
太好了 我给咱俩做了三明治
How thoughtful.
真是周到
Thank you.
谢谢你
No big deal
没什么
I enjoy spending time with you.
我喜欢和你在一起
And I with you.
我也是
Question
问一下
are you seeking a romantic relationship with me
你是想和我发展恋爱关系吗
What if I were
如果我是呢
Well that would raise a number of problems.
这会引起一系列的问题
We're colleagues.
我们是同事
I'm currently in a relation...
我现在有女友
Excuse me a moment.
恕我失陪一下
Amy.
艾米
Amy.
艾米
Amy.
艾米
Will you marry me
你愿意嫁给我吗
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片