Uh one dumpling left. Who wants it
还剩一个饺子 谁要吃
Maybe you should offer it to the pregnant lady.
或许你该让给怀孕的那位女士
And that would be...
那位女士是...
Me Sheldon.
我啊 谢尔顿
I'm obviously pregnant.
我孕相多明显啊
Well you never said it to my face.
因为你还没当面跟我说过
And the last time I assumed a woman was pregnant
我上一次想当然地认为一名女士怀孕时
it did not go over well.
结果还挺糟糕的
Yeah I'm still mad at you.
是的 我还在生你气呢
You were drinking water instead of wine.
你这酒鬼当时居然在喝白开水
What was I supposed to think
我这么想有错吗
Sheldon's right.
谢尔顿说得对
I would never ask a woman if she was pregnant
我永远不会问一个女士是不是怀孕
unless she tells me or I see a human being
除非是她告诉我 或是我看到有人类
wiggling out of her.
从她下面被拉出来
Well Sheldon I'm pregnant.
谢尔顿 我怀孕了
Congratulations. How far along are you
恭喜你啊 怀孕多久了
About three months.
大概三个月吧
Only three
才三个月吗
Good gravy how many babies are in there
天啊 你肚子里是装的是几胞胎啊
Okay let's talk about something
够啦 咱们来聊一些
that won't infuriate my pregnant wife.
不会让我的孕妻暴怒的话题吧
I read an interesting fact about elephants.
我读了一个有关大象的有趣知识
Try again.
再换一个
Oh I've got something.
我想到啦
I'm being interviewed on public radio this Friday.
这周五我要接受电台访谈啦
Oh cool. How come
厉害 为什么呢
Uh the university is trying to get more funding
大学希望物理系能获得
for the physics department
更多研究资金
so they want me to go out and talk it up.
所以就派我出马啊
Really You
真的吗 派你啊
Well they picked the right person for the job.
那他们还真是请对人了
Thank you.
真是谢谢啊
I think he bought it.
我觉得他信了
第十一季 第二集
Our whole universe was in a hot dense state
宇宙一度又烫又稠密
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait
140亿年前终于爆了炸... 等着瞧!
The Earth began to cool
地球开始降温
The autotrophs began to drool Neanderthals developed tools
自养生物来起哄 穴居人发明工具
We built the Wall We built the pyramids
我们建长城 我们建金字塔
Math Science History unraveling the mystery
数学 自然科学 历史 揭开神秘
That all started with a big bang
一切由大爆炸开始
Bang
By aBu 20171011
Hi I'm Ira Flatow and this is Science Friday.
欢迎收听《科学星期五》 我是艾拉·菲莱
知名电台主持人 曾在第本剧7季第10集客串过
Joining me today is my guest physicist Dr. Leonard Hofstadter
今天的嘉宾是物理学家莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德
to talk about all of the exciting research
他要来跟我们聊他在加州理工
they're doing at Cal Tech.
所做的那些激动人心的研究
Thank you for having me. Whoa...
感谢贵节目给我这个机会...
Could never get used to hearing myself in headphones.
还是没办法习惯在耳机里听到自己的声音
Is that really how I sound
我的声音听起来真是这样吗
It is. It is.
是的 真是
That is good to know.
很高兴知道这点
I told him his voice was annoying.
我跟他说过他的声音很惹人厌
He didn't want to listen.
他就是不听
Hey.
You're saying it's not
难道你觉得不烦人吗
Just... hey.
就... 喂...
So it has been five years
所以打从五年前
since the discovery of the Higgs boson
希格斯玻色子被证实存在后
what's the next big thing gonna be
您觉得下一个科学界大事是什么
Wow that's hard to say.
这很难说啊
There's so much going on.
有太多大事在发生了
We've been collecting tons of data
我们一直在搜集大量的数据
that could revolutionize the way we understand the universe.
而这数据有可能颠覆我们对宇宙的理解
For instance there's a particle called a squark
比如说 有个粒子叫超对称性夸克
which could prove supersymmetry.
它能证明超对称性
That is interesting. Have you found it
有意思 那你们找到了吗
What the squark Yes.
-什么 那个夸克吗 -对啊
No no.
没 还没
Wouldn't that be exciting
找到了就神作了
But we're also looking for the selectron
但我们也在试着找出超电子
the gluino and the neutralino.
胶微子与超中微子
基本没有切实的实验依据 很可能并不存在
都是理论物理学家提出的物理模型中假想的一些粒子
Well and have you found that No.
-那找到那些了吗 -没有
Another fun sidenote
插个有趣小故事
I went to high school with a girl named Theresa Gluino
我我有个高中同学名叫特丽莎·胶微子
but it didn't cost $2 billion to find her.
但要找到她并不需要花二十亿
She was smoking behind the gym.
她总躲在体育馆后面抽着烟
So what have you found
那你们发现了什么
Uh nothing actually.
其实什么都没发现
Should he be saying that
他可以说这话吗
Uh probably not.
应该不可以
Yeah this is public radio.
对啊 这可是公共电台
Doesn't he realize that dozens of people might hear him
难道他不知道还有人在听广播节目吗
But I remain confident.
但我还是很有信心
We've got the best equipment and the best minds
我们有最好的仪器与最顶尖的科研人员
all working on it.
都在努力着呢
Okay sounds like he's back on track.
行 听起来又重回正轨了
Although some days I'm like ugh...
虽然有时候我会觉得...
we've spent so much money.
我们花了钱啊
Why haven't we found anything What are we doing
怎么屁都没找到 我们是在干嘛啊
Oh boy.
哎妈
There's Leonard.
莱纳德在那里
I'll bet he's having a rough day.
估计他今天很不好过
Let's just try to be supportive.
我们尽量鼓励他吧
Supportive
还支持他
He publicly maligned the love of my life
他公开诋毁了我一生挚爱
Lady Physics.
物理女士
You might not want to mention that to Lady Fiancee.
这挚爱最好别让你的未婚妻女士知道
Hey guys.
大家好
Hey how's it going
今天好吗
What You got something to say
怎么 你有什么话想说吗
I think I just said it.
我刚才已经说了啊
P f f.
口不一
Pff
Look I I was just speaking the truth.
我当时只是实话实说啊
We're scientists isn't that what we're supposed to do
我们是科学家 不应该用事实说话吗
Oh what would you know about the truth
你懂个大西瓜的事实啊
You thought Phantom Menace was "Not half bad."
你还觉得《星球大战I 魅影危机》很不错呢
I told you that in confidence
你怎么可以说出来
Okay calm down. Everybody just cool it.
大家冷静 别吵架了
No let 'em go. If we get lucky
别拦着啊 要是我们运气好
maybe one of them will start crying.
说不定他们俩能有人吵哭呢
Uh can we just drop this and have lunch like adults
能不能不聊这个 像成年人一样地吃午饭
Fine. Very well.
-行 -好吧
Leonard What
-莱纳德 -怎么了
Pff
You ready for lunch
准备好去吃饭了吗
Oh one second.
马上就好
Ooh someone's got a lot of fancy new lab equipment.
某人这里多了好多新的酷炫设备啊
I know.
对啊
The university has been throwing money at my study.
大学给我的研究投了好多钱呢
With any luck
运气好的话
there'll be a brain disease with my name on it.
以后说不定能有脑疾病用我名字为名呢
Fingers crossed.
十指交叉为你祈祷
Which is ironic because if you had Fowler's palsy
讽刺的是 如果一旦患上福勒瘫
you wouldn't be able to cross your fingers.
你的双手将无法十指交叉
I'm surprised Sheldon's not up here playing
我很意外谢尔顿居然不来这里
with all your new toys.
玩你的新玩具
Actually I haven't told him about it.
其实我还没告诉他呢
We've been getting so much more funding than physics
我们这边获得的经费比物理那边多太多了
he's been a little sensitive.
他对此略为敏感
So you're just gonna hide your success from him
所以你就对他隐瞒了你的成功吗
I know.
我知道不好
Am I terrible No.
-我是不是太坏了 -不会啊
I do that too.
我也这么做
How he thought my company retreat was in Boise
不然他怎么以为我的公司年会在博伊西
美国普通城市
It was in Tahiti.
其实在大溪地
著名度假海岛
That's such a relief.
那我就松一口气了
I mean part of me was worried I was being unfair to Sheldon.
我内心曾隐隐觉得自己对谢尔顿不公平
Take that part of yourself and hide it away.
将你的恻隐之心藏起来
Just like I did with last year's bonus check
就像我处理去年的奖金支票
that I "Didn't get."
老娘就是"没拿"
Ms. Davis you wanted to see me
戴维斯女士 你有事找我吗
Yes Dr. Hofstadter come on in.
是的 霍夫斯塔德博士 快进来
Should I sit or stand
我是该坐下还是站着
I'm not used to being called into the dean's office.
我没被叫进过校长办公室 不懂规矩
Please sit.
请坐
I have to say I'm a little nervous.
不得不说 还真是有点紧张啊
You should be.
应该的
Look I know I screwed up
我知道我搞砸了
but it was only one interview.
但就是一次访谈而已
How much damage could it have caused
那能对学校造成多大的损害
Would you like for me to read you the e mails
你想听我给你念念我收到的邮件吗
from donors asking why are they giving us money
学校的捐助者们都在问如果物理没前途
if physics is a dead end
那他们给咱们捐钱的意义何在
I didn't say it was a dead end.
我可没说物理没前途
I just said that I was worried it might be.
我只是说我担心可能会这样
So if I just said I was worried
那如果我说我担心
you might not have a job next week
你可能下周就失业了
how would you feel
你感觉怎么样
Light headed and glad you asked me to sit down.
头晕 还好你让我先坐下
Okay just tell me what I can do.
好吧 你说要我怎么做吧
I'm gonna need you to make a statement
我要你发表一份声明
saying that you misspoke and that you're confident
说自己言论过失 并且你坚信
the physics community is close to a major breakthrough.
物理学界即将迎来一个重大突破
You want me to lie.
你想让我撒谎
Look Dr. Hofstadter I'm counting on you.
听着 霍夫斯塔德博士 我就指望你了
I think that you are the smartest physicist at this university.
我认为你是咱们学校最聪明的物理学家
Really
真的吗
See Lies. They're not that hard.
瞧 撒谎一点都不难
Looks like you've been busy.
看来你很忙嘛
Oh I have.
是的
Uh dark matter uh reconciling gravity
暗物质 reconciling gravity
and quantum mechanics.
量子力学
Supersymmetry.
超对称性
I've figured out the biggest problems in physics today.
我已经搞清了当今物理界最大的几个难题
Wow you solved them all
你都解出来了吗
No I just I figured out that they're the biggest problems.
没有 我只是清楚知道它们是最大的几个难题
Is this about what Leonard said on the radio
是因为莱纳德在电台上说的话吗
Absolutely not.
当然不是
And I do not want to talk about Leonard.
而且我现在不想谈论莱纳德
Can we please just talk about anything else
我们能谈点别的事情吗
We could talk about my day.
我们可以谈谈我的一天
Walked right into that one didn't I
我真是自己挖坑自己跳 对吧
Well since you sort of asked
既然勉强算你问了
I actually had a very good day.
我今天其实过得非常开心
Got some new equipment for my lab.
我的实验室多了不少新设备
Well congratulations.
恭喜你啊
I got some new equipment too.
我也有新设备
I got these markers.
我有马克笔
They smell like fruit.
水果味的哦
Which I did not notice when I bought them.
我买的时候完全没有注意到
Don't really care for it.
我一点也不喜欢
Here drink this.
给 喝这个
It might help.
或许会有帮助
What if it doesn't
万一没有呢
Well that's why I brought the bottle.
所以我给你拿了一瓶呀
No one would talk to me in the halls.
走廊里一个跟我说话的人都没有
They just glared at me.
人们都瞪着我
It's like high school all over again.
感觉就像又过了一遍高中生活
Oh I would totally do high school all over again.
我超级想再过一遍高中生活
But that doesn't help you. No.
-但那对你没帮助 -没有
I got called in to the administration office.
我被叫去校长办公室
Ooh look at my bad boy getting called to the principal.
瞧瞧我的坏小子 居然被校长叫过去
We don't technically have a principal.
严格来说 我们没有校长
There's a standing committee that oversees the budget.
有个常务委员会在监督学校预算
Ooh look at my bad boy
瞧瞧我的坏小子
answering questions nobody asked.
回答没人问你的问题
Hey come on look you said a few dumb things on the radio
拜托 你不过是在电台说了几句傻话
what is the worst that could happen
最坏又能怎样呢
I may get fired.
我可能会被解雇
Okay well even if you did you could find another job.
好吧 就算被解雇了 你也可以找别的工作啊
Yeah who wouldn't want to hire the physicist
谁会想聘用一个在公开场合
who publicly said physics is dead
说物理已死的物理学家
Well I wouldn't put that under "Special skills."
我不会把这项写在简历的"特殊技能"
I can fix it
我可以弥补
I just need to write a retraction I don't believe in
我只需写一份我自己都不相信的撤回声明
basically sell out to keep my job.
基本就是为了保住工作出卖自己
Great I'll leave you to it.
很好 那我不打扰你写稿子了
Sheldon it's me.
谢尔顿 是我
What
干嘛
Look I know you're mad but I have to write a statement
我知道你很生气 但我得写一份声明
that says the physics community is close to a breakthrough
说物理学界即将迎来一个重大突破
and since you actually believe that
既然你是真的相信会这样
I could really use your help.
我非常需要你的帮助
Sorry I can't.
抱歉 不行
Come on don't be like that.
拜托 别这样嘛
I can't because I think you were right.
不行是因为我觉得你是对的
What
什么
Look.
听着
Not all science pans out.
不是所有科学都能取得成功
You know we've been hoping supersymmetry was true for decades
数十年来 我们都希望超对称性是真的
超对称理论至今在自然界中尚未被观测到
and finally we built the Large Hadron Collider
终于我们制造出大型强子对撞机
which is supposed to prove it by finding these new particles
本应该通过发现新粒子来证实该理论
and it it hasn't.
然而并没有
And maybe supersymmetry
或许超对称性
our last big idea is simply wrong.
我们最后的大想法 其实是错误的
Well that sounds awful.
听起来真糟糕
Now I get why everyone hates me.
我懂为什么大家都讨厌我了
Well on the bright side
但从好的方面来看
after working together for 15 years
一起共事15年后
you finally get to hear me say "You were right."
你终于能听到我说"你当时说得对"
Oh yeah you did.
是啊
How's it feel
感觉如何
Mm given I might be unemployed
基于我可能会失去工作
bittersweet.
苦乐参半吧
Read it back to me. Oh hang on.
-读给我听听 -稍等
"Yes one might question the $20 billion
"的确 也许有人会质疑我们
to build and run the Large Hadron Collider
在建造运行大型强子对撞机上耗费的200亿
but on the other hand..."
但在另一方面..."
Okay.
行吧
"On the other hand contrary to predictions
"在另一方面 与预测相违背的是
the collider didn't create a small black hole
对撞机没有如我们所预测般创造出
that devoured the Earth and life as we know it.
足以毁灭整个地球与生命的小黑洞
So s
所以...
money well spent."
这钱花得好啊"
This is depressing.
太丧了
Do you have any alcohol around here
你这儿有酒吗
Uh not surprisingly when Penny moved out
佩妮搬出去的时候 不出所料地
she took every last drop. Um...
带走了每一滴酒
Oh but I do have several bottles of Romulan ale
不过我这儿有几瓶从漫展上买回来的
that I bought at Comic Con.
罗慕伦麦酒
Isn't that just vodka with blue dye in it
不就只是伏特加里加了蓝色素吗
First physics now Romulan ale.
先是物理 现在又是罗慕伦麦酒
What else would you like to defecate on
你还想往哪些东西头上拉泡屎呢
I thought you were coming right back.
我还以为你很快会回来
I was but we're both depressed
本来是 但是我们都很郁闷
and decided to drown our sorrows.
所以决定一醉方休
In mouthwash
喝漱口水吗
有些漱口水中含有酒精
Man that is so summer camp.
让我想起了以前的夏令营时光
I It's Romulan ale from Star Trek.
这是《星际迷航》里的罗慕伦麦酒
It was briefly legalized during the alliance
帝国战争时期 罗慕伦麦酒
between the Romulan Empire and the Federation
在罗慕伦帝国与星际联邦的结盟期间
at the time of the Dominion War.
有过短暂的合法售卖
Aw now I'm depressed.
现在换我郁闷了
The more I told him about my lab the pissier he got.
我告诉他越多我实验室的事 他就越生气
You know what he said to me
你知道他跟我说了什么话吗
He said "I hope all your correlations
他说 "我希望你实验的所有相关性
turn out to be specious."
都无法被证明"
He said that to your face
他当面对你说这话吗
What a dick.
真是个混蛋
You know you're a successful woman.
你是个事业成功的女人
You should be able to brag about your accomplishments once in a while.
你有偶尔吹嘘下自己成就的权利
Well so should you.
是啊 你也可以啊
I mean the guys are never shy about bragging.
他们就从来不会不敢吹嘘
Tell me about it. Howie texts me
可不是嘛 每次华仔玩《魔兽争霸》
every time his dog levels up in Warcraft.
他的狗升级了都要发短信告诉我一下
Has he ever called you to tell you
他有没有打电话来就为了告诉你
he found three peanuts in one shell
他在一颗花生里发现了三颗花生仁
'Cause Sheldon has.
谢尔顿就干过这种事
We should be able to do that too.
我们也应该可以这么做才对
I guess we can brag to each other.
我们可以互相跟对方吹嘘啊
That's a great idea.
这个想法很不错
Damn right it is I came up with it.
当然了 这可是老娘想出来的
That felt good.
感觉真爽
You know there's so much money in pharmaceuticals
医药品行业的钱多得花不完
we don't even wash out our test tubes.
我们从来不洗试管
We just throw them out and get new ones.
直接扔了换新的
I just got a brand new state of the art fMRI machine.
我刚拿到了一台功能性磁共振成像仪
Whoa. Those things are so expensive.
这仪器超贵啊
I know.
对啊
Sometimes I just lie down in there and take a nap.
有时候我就躺进里面打个盹
It's like a million dollar bunk bed.
就是张身价百万的双层床
At the office I have two assistants.
我上班时有两个助理
I don't even know their names
我都不知道他们的名字
I just call them Thing One and Thing Two.
就叫他们一号和二号
That's great. I I don't have assistants.
真好 我没有助理
Oh. I guess that's one of the benefits of being in the private sector.
这大概就是在私企的福利之一
That and all the money I make.
有助理 钱还挣得多
Yeah you've got that.
对 你赚大把[黑心卖药]钱
I've got my integrity.
而我有节操与一身正气
Hard to say which is better without making you feel bad.
要分优劣怕是会伤了你的自尊
Okay. So you guys are upset
所以说 你们不开心
because the collider thing disproved your theories
是因为对撞机反证了你们的理论吗
I It's worse than that.
比这更糟
It hasn't found anything in years
多年来对撞机上都没有任何发现
so we don't know if we're right we don't know if we're wrong.
我们不知道我们的理论是对是错
We don't know where to go next.
不知道下一步该怎么办
All I know is it looks like I tongue kissed Avatar.
我只知道我看起来像跟阿凡达舌吻过
Come on.
别泄气
You guys are physicists.
你们是物理学家
Okay You're always gonna be physicists.
好吗 你们永远都是物理学家
And sure sometimes the physics is hard
的确 研究物理有时候很艰难
but isn't that what makes it boring
可不就是艰难造就了它的无聊吗
We're here. What's going on
我们来了 什么情况
Okay. As far as I can see
就我看来
science is dead
科学已死
'cause Leonard killed it.
是莱纳德杀了它
And uh
还有
I don't know who the Romulans are
我不认识什么罗慕伦人
but those guys know how to party.
但是他们可懂怎么寻欢作乐了
So what do you want us to do
那你想要我们干什么
I don't know. You're scientists cheer them up.
我不知道 你们才是科学家 哄他们开心
"Cheer them up"
"哄他们开心"
Do you even know what a scientist is
你到底知不知道科学家是干什么的
No we don't need to be cheered up.
不 我们不需要人哄
It just turns out that physics is exactly like Lost.
只是才发现物理就跟《迷失》一样
著名科幻美剧 共6季 开播时广受好评 后类似烂尾
Started out great and turns out just a big old waste of time.
开篇极佳 追到结尾才发现就是在浪费生命
Boo hoo. You know what you sound like
垃圾 你知道你们听起来像什么吗
Babies.
像小娃娃
Two whiny babies.
两个哭哭啼啼的小娃娃
And there's nothing worse than being stuck
世界上最惨的事就是被两个
with two whiny babies
哭哭啼啼的小娃娃给包围
Oh my God I'm gonna have two babies.
我的天啊 我之后就要有两个娃了
No no no no. Babies are great.
别别别 小娃娃可棒了
You're lucky to have two babies.
你有两个娃非常幸福啊
I mean look at me uh I'm all alone.
你看我 形单影只单身狗
I'm never gonna have babies
一辈子永远别想有娃
'cause you can't make a baby watching Netflix with your dog.
因为你无法让娃跟你的狗一起上网看剧
Thanks for coming.
谢两位壮士到场支援
I may not make as much money as you
我虽然赚的钱可能没你多
but at least I know that I'm actually doing something
但至少我知道我在做的工作
that makes people's lives better.
能让人们生活更加美好
Hey my work makes people's lives better.
我的工作也能让人们生活更加美好啊
Especially if you have moderate to severe eczema
尤其是当你患有中度到重度湿疹
and don't mind if you lose teeth.
且不介意掉几颗牙齿时
You're right.
你说得对
We both do important work.
我们都从事重要的工作
I'm trying to map the structures of the brain
我试图绘制出大脑的结构
and you're trying to convince people
你试图说服人们
that itchy hair is a real thing.
真有头发痒这件事
It is a real thing.
的确真有其事
It happens to be a side effect of our cholesterol drug.
这碰巧是我们公司胆固醇药导致的副作用
I'm just saying that my research
我只是在说我的研究
may actually change the world forever.
可能真的会永远改变世界
I hope it does.
但愿如此
'Cause I'm gonna see that world from a yacht so big
因为到时我会坐在一艘超大游艇上看这个世界
you can land a helicopter on it.
游艇还大到可以停直升机那种哦
Physics is all we're cut out for.
我们天生就是研究物理的料
I mean if we weren't physicists w what would we be
我们要是不当物理学家 还能当什么啊
I don't know. Popular
不知道 万人迷吧
It's fine. I don't need to be a theoretical physicist.
没关系 我不是非要当理论物理学家
There's lots of things I could use this brain for.
还有很多事可以用到我的头脑
I could be an accountant for the mob.
我可以给黑帮当会计
I could guess people's weight at the fair.
我可以在集市上猜人们的体重
Okay. This is getting silly.
够了 越说越蠢了
Is it
是吗
180.
81公斤
Okay.
好了
That is enough.
够了
Your lives are not wasted.
你们的生命没有浪费掉
Your careers are not at a dead end.
你们的事业没有走到死路
You just hit a rough patch.
你们只是遇到了一个难关
Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves
不要再自怨自艾
you need to get up and get inspired.
你们应该振作起来找灵感
How
怎么找
I don't know. You know when I'm feeling down
我哪知道 我情绪低落的时候
I go for a run
会去跑步
which is exactly why I'm not 180 pounds genius
所以我才没有81公斤 天才
I know where we need to go.
我知道我们该去哪里了
Are we running there Because watching drunk Sheldon run
是跑步去吗 因为看喝醉的谢尔顿跑步
would be the highlight of my life.
会是我人生最值得回味的时刻
We're going to see Richard Feynman.
我们现在去看理查德·费曼
Penny Richard Feynman is an iconic phys...
佩妮 理查德·费曼是一位著名的物理...
I know who he is.
我知道他是谁
Leonard dressed as him for Halloween last year.
莱纳德去年万圣节扮成他
I had no idea Richard Feynman was dead.
我都不知道理查德·费曼已经去世了
1988年已去世
Yep. Most people don't know
是的 但大部分人不知道
he's actually buried right here in Altadena.
他就葬在阿尔塔迪纳镇
I'm sure they keep a lid on that to avoid traffic jams.
我肯定他们有意隐瞒 避免太多人来会堵车
Here he is.
他在这儿呢
Oh wow. He's buried with his wife.
他和他妻子葬在一起
We get it. A lady loved you.
知道了 有位女士深爱过你
Quit bragging.
炫耀个屁啊
Feynman was so cool.
费曼真的很酷
When I was a kid I'd put on some headphones
我小时候会戴上耳机
and crank up one of his lectures and just...
调大他讲课的音量 就这样...
jam out to knowledge.
徜徉在知识的旋律之中
This guy knew how to live.
这家伙懂得如何生活
He taught himself musical instruments.
他自学了各种乐器
He studied Portuguese.
还学会了葡萄牙语
Just to give a speech in Brazil.
就为了在巴西演讲
The only part of me that's been to Brazil is my bikini line.
我全身只有巴西"除毛"过的部位跟巴西有关
Okay.
别再喝了
He did so much.
他做了如此多壮举
And here we are stuck and letting him down.
而我们却停滞不前 令他失望
You know Feynman used to say he didn't do physics
费曼以前常说 他研究物理
for the glory or the awards but just for the fun of it.
不是为了名利或奖项 只是为了其中的乐趣
He was right.
他说得对
Physics is only dead when we stop being excited about it.
只有我们不再为它兴奋激动时 物理才会死
Even beyond the grave he's imparting wisdom.
即使进了坟墓 他仍在传授智慧
Um I'm the one who remembered it.
记得他那番话的人是我
Give me the bottle.
把酒给我
I mean it might be a little corny but I say
可能有点俗套 但我提议
we pour one out for all the science homies
我们给所有先辈科学家
who came before us.
倒上一杯
I love that.
我喜欢这提议
Here comes some more.
要"倒"出更多酒啦
Ah we got to see him run.
我们终于看到他醉跑了
Oh hi you wanted to see me
你好 你要见我是吗
Yes. I wanted to talk to you about the e mail
是的 我想和你谈谈
you sent me last night.
你昨晚发给我的邮件
I sent you an e mail
我给你发了邮件吗
You bet you did.
没错
"Hello.Shalom and aloha
"你好 用希伯来语和夏威夷语
费曼是美籍犹太裔
from the grave of Richard Feynman."
从理查德·费曼的坟墓向你问好"
Oh it's coming back to me.
我开始想起来了
"Please accept the following retraction
"请接受以下撤回声明
I know I said physics is dead
我知道我说过物理已死
but it is the opposite of dead.
其实事实恰恰相反
If anything
真要说的话
It is undead like a zombie.
物理是不死的 就像丧尸一样
Speaking of which
说起这个
If Richard Feynman came back as a zombie
要是理查德·费曼变成丧尸复活
I would totally let him bite me."
我十分愿意让他咬我"
Any chance that's the end
是在这里就结束了吗
"I got bit by a squirrel once.
"我被松鼠咬过一次
I had to get rabies shots.
我不得不去打狂犬病疫苗
I cried so much
我哭得好凄惨
My mother said 'don't be a baby.'
我妈说'别哭得像个娃似地'
In conclusion
总之
Physics is great.
物理很棒
Squirrels suck and someday
松鼠很渣 总有一天
I'm gonna put my mom in a cheap nursing home.
我要把我妈丢去便宜的养老院
Yours truely
谨上
XOXO Doctor Leonard Hofstadter."
亲亲抱抱 莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士"
I can explain. I...
我可以解释 我...
"PS.
"附言
Can you come pick us up
你能不能来接我们
The Uber driver won't open the door
优步司机不肯开车门
because Sheldon is covered in blue vomit."
因为谢尔顿身上沾满了蓝色呕吐物"
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片