and now I'm going to Disneyland.
而现在我在去迪士尼的路上了
Look I know you guys don't want to do this
我知道你们不想弄这事
but we have no choice.
但我们没得选好吗
So you can either bitch and whine
你们大可以唧唧歪歪 浪费时间
or we can just get it over with.
也可以通力合作 早点搞定
I got "whine."
我负责唧唧
I got the "b word."
我负责歪歪
Yeah well it's in our contract
我们与学校的合约中
to serve on a university committee.
注明了得为大学委员会服务
And frankly this is one I believe in.
老实说 我也认同这件事
Okay here we go.
主题就是
Encouraging more women to pursue a career in the sciences.
鼓励更多女性加入科学领域
Come on if I was any good
拜托 我要有本事说服女人
at convincing women to do stuff
去做我想她们做的事
I wouldn't have spent so much of my 20s in the shower.
那我20多岁时 就不用常自己在浴室"自乐"了
If you ask me
要我说的话
this whole thing is a waste of our time.
搞这事根本只是浪费时间
Helping women
帮助女性浪费时间吗
Yeah helping anyone.
帮人就是浪费时间
People should take care of themselves.
人们应该自己照顾自己
Oh like yesterday
比如像昨天
when you made me drive you to the dry cleaners
你叫我载你去干洗店
the pharmacy and the post office
药店跟邮局那样吗
I'm not saying people can't use tools.
我又没说人们不能使用工具
Even an otter picks up a rock when he wants a clam.
连水獭想吃蛤蜊时都知道用石头敲开了
You don't think it's worthwhile
你觉得花时间
to try to get more women working in science.
让更多女性加入科学行业不好吗
I think that's incredibly sexist of you.
我觉得你太有性别歧视了
I believe in a gender blind society
我相信在性别平等的社会
like in Star Trek where women and men
比如《星际迷航》中 各个种族
of all races and creeds work side by side as equals.
信仰各异的男女都平等地一起共事
You mean where they were advanced enough
你是说那个先进到能发明出
to invent an interstellar warp drive
能进行恒星际旅行的曲速引擎
but a black lady still answered the space phone
却还是让一个黑人女性接太空电话的世界吗
Oh I did spend a lot of my shower time
我的浴室"自乐"时间有不少是跟
with Lieutenant Uhura.
乌乎拉通讯官度过的
Howard's disturbing recollections aside
先不管霍华德的下流回忆
I don't appreciate being forced to do
我不喜欢被逼去做这些
banal committee work.
平庸的委员会工作
Yes I know you're too smart for this.
是是是 太大材小用了
Exactly.
没错
It's like asking the Human Torch
就跟叫霹雳火
霹雳火是《神奇四侠》里的人物 能让全身变成火焰
to heat up your frozen burrito.
来热你的冷冻玉米煎饼一样
Got it.
明白
All right I'm thinking one way
我想到了一个
to counter bias in the peer review process
避免在同行评审阶段遭受歧视的方法
is for papers to be submitted under gender neutral names.
就是报告都用中性名字递交
Like S. Smith
比如S·史密斯
instead of Samantha Smith.
而不是沙曼莎·史密斯
I suppose there is a history of professional women
专业领域的某些女性使用缩写名
using their initials so as not to be pre judged.
来避免先入为主的批判 的确行之有年了
Harry Potter's J.K. Rowling
《哈利波特》作者 J.K.罗琳
uh Star Trek's D.C. Fontana.
《星际迷航》编剧 D.C.丰塔纳
Van Nuys pole dancer D.D. Melons.
范奈斯市的钢管舞女 DD杯·麦伦[巨乳]
All right I think we've really helped women today.
好啦 我们今天有帮到女性了
Let's fire up the old Xbox.
来打电动吧
Guys please don't make this a school project
你们俩 拜托别让历史重演
where I'm the smart kid doing all the work
小时候做报告 聪明孩子做全部
while the slackers sit back and watch.
其他懒鬼就在旁边看着
No we're not.
我们才不是呢
This time you're the smart kid doing all the work
这次是聪明孩子负责做全部工作
while the even smarter kids sit back and watch.
而更聪明的孩子在旁边看着
So you think I'm one of the smarter kids
你觉得我也是更聪明的孩子吗
No you're a tool I was using to make my point.
不是 你只是我用来证明论点的工具
第六季 第十八集
生活大爆炸
Guys our topic is "Encouraging Women in Science."
我们的主题是"鼓励女性加入科学领域"
Can you at least play a less sexist game
你们俩不能玩少点性别歧视的游戏吗
How is it sexist
这哪有歧视女性
My character wields a battle axe as well as any man.
我的角色能像男人一样把大战锤挥起来
Not to mention she has mammary glands
更别说她有着超发达的乳腺
that could nurse a family of 30.
足够喂养一家三十口
And have enough milk left over
而且剩下来的量
to open a Baskin Robbins.
都够开冰激凌店用了
Mother warrior princess franchise owner
母亲 战士公主 冰激凌加盟店老板
I hear glass ceilings shattering all over town.
女性职场障碍全被打爆啊
Sheldon you're always saying
谢尔顿 你老说
how much smarter you are than me.
你比我聪明无数倍
Spend five seconds and come up with one idea
那你能用五秒钟想出一个
on how to get more women into science.
能让更多女性加入科学领域的方法吗
All your ideas address the issue at a university level.
你的所有点子都仅限于学术界阶段的问题
By then it's too late.
但那阶段已经太晚了
You need to design an outreach program
你应该设计一个扩展研究
that targets girls at the middle school level
把目标延伸到中学阶段的少女们
and sets them on an academic track
把她们导向追求学术
towards the hard sciences.
迈向硬科学的道路之上
That's actually good.
还真是个好点子
Why didn't I think of that
我怎么就没想到呢
Some people are otters some people are rocks.
有些人是水獭 而有些人就只是石头
I wonder if there's a way
有没有什么方法
we could give the idea a trial run.
可以先试验一下这点子呢
Maybe I could call my old middle school
我可以试试打电话给我以前的中学
see if we can talk to some of the female students.
看我们能不能跟一些女学生聊聊
That's great try to set up something
这不错啊 安排一下
for the three of us to go over there.
让我们三个去那里试试
Oh hold on.
先等等吧
While I'm comfortable speaking about science
虽然我对谈科学没有任何问题
I'm not sure I know how to spark the interest of schoolchildren.
但我不确定能否勾起中学女孩的兴趣
Better Google it.
我先上网搜搜吧
What exactly are you looking up
你打算搜什么关键句
"How do I get 12 year old girls excited."
"如何让12岁少女兴[性]奋"
No No
不要 快住手
Thanks again for letting me crash "girls' night."
再次感谢你们让我参一脚"闺蜜之夜"
Are you kidding
开什么玩笑
You brought fancy wine and made fondue.
你带来上好的红酒 还给我们做芝士火锅
I've slept with guys for less.
比这小的好处我都"睡"过了
It's a joke.
开玩笑啦
Based on real events.
基于真实故事的玩笑
Anyway I was hoping I could uh
总之 我希望可以
pick your brains a little.
向你们请教一下
I'm supposed to take Lucy out Friday
我周五要跟露西约会
and I need a killer first date.
我需要一个超棒的初次约会
Well evolutionary biology says that women are attracted
进化生物学说 女人容易被
to a man who is steady in the face of danger
临危不乱的男人所吸引
so I recommend an unsafe environment.
所以我建议去危险的地方
Seedy bar on the wrong side of the tracks...
去贫民区破旧的酒吧
picnic near a lunatic asylum...
去疯人院附近野餐
a wine tasting on Skid Row.
去贫民窟品酒
Eh Lucy has some uh social anxiety issues.
露西有社交焦虑症
Maybe we could start with something simpler.
或许我们可以从简单点的地方着手
Why don't you take her to Disneyland
你何不带她去迪士尼乐园
You go on Space Mountain
你们可以玩室内过山车
you're in the dark she's holding onto you.
两人处于黑暗中 她紧紧抓住你
Yeah but you just have to remember
但千万要记住
that ride is shorter than you think
那比你想象中还快结束
and they take a picture of you at the end
终点前还会给你俩拍照
so make sure you got your clothes back on.
所以记得在那之前就穿回衣服
It's a joke.
开玩笑啦
Based on real events.
基于真实故事的玩笑
Mm Disneyland I don't know.
迪士尼乐园 我不知道该不该去
With all the crowds and the weird characters walking around
人挤人 还有奇怪的角色玩偶人四处游走
just reminds me too much of India.
会让我有一种在印度的错觉
I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a kid.
我从来没去过迪士尼
We should definitely go one weekend.
真应该找个周末去玩玩
Weekends are too crowded.
周末人太多了
So blow off work go on a weekday.
那就不去上班 工作日时去
Hooky
翘班吗
I've never played hooky in my life.
我这辈子连课都没翘过
My mom said that's how girls end up
我妈说翘课的女生最后都会
addicted to reefer and jazz music.
沉迷于大麻和爵士乐
It's more like how girls end up at a Best Western hotel
其实翘课的女生更有可能在酒店
with a 34 year old guy named Luther.
跟一个34岁的老头开房
Joke
也是玩笑吗
I can laugh about it now.
我现在对此能一笑置之了
So what do you say
你们觉得怎么样
This Friday we ditch work and go to Disneyland
周五我们放下工作去迪士尼 好吗
I'm in.
我赞成
Me too.
我也赞成
Excuse me
打断一下
I thought we were trying to solve my problem
你们不是要帮忙解决我的问题吗
Oh yeah right.
对哦 没错
Wait what was your problem again
等下 你的问题是什么来着
I am a man who can't talk to women
我是一个无法跟女性正常交流的男人
trying to figure out
试图想出
how to go on a romantic date with a girl
如何跟一个患有严重社交焦虑症
who suffers from such crippling social anxiety
而无法跟人共处的女孩
she can't be around other people.
进行一次浪漫约会
Yeah that's a toughie.
对哦 这还真有难度
Let's think.
我们好好想想
We doing just Disney or California Adventure too
我们是光去迪士尼 还是也去加州冒险乐园呢
It's nice of your old school to let us try out
真是太好了 你的母校肯让我们
our science talk on some female students.
试验在一群女学生面前宣讲科学
Well they're actually pretty excited.
他们其实挺开心的
I'm their most famous alum.
我是他们最出名的毕业生
If you don't count the serial killer
如果不算那个奸杀妓女
who ate all those prostitutes.
还吃掉她们的连环杀手的话
This must feel pretty good for you
你的感觉一定很好吧
coming back to your alma mater as an astronaut.
以宇航员的身份荣归母校
Yeah last time I was here
那是 我上一次在这里时
I was just a scrawny little nerd.
我只是个骨瘦如柴的小阿宅
And now you're also an astronaut.
现在还是 不过是多了宇航员的身份
So many memories.
这里有我很多回忆
I mean how many times in these hallways
我经常在这些走廊里
was I tripped punched and spit on
被人绊倒 被人打 还被吐口水
Oh look here's my old locker.
瞧 这是我以前的储物柜
I have a masters in engineering
虽然我是工程学的硕士
and I still can't figure out how Scott Kapinski
但我还是想不明白斯科特·坎宾斯基
got me and my briefcase to fit in there.
是怎么把我和我的公文包一起塞进里面的
What
干嘛
Nothing.
没事
Smart. We don't want any problems.
明智 我们可不想惹麻烦
I can't believe I ditched work for Disneyland.
真不敢相信 我居然翘班去迪士尼
What did you tell your boss
你怎么跟老板说的
Oh I was very clever I did it in stages.
我相当聪明 一步一步铺好哏
At 7 00 last night
昨晚7点
I called about a problem at the lab
我打去跟他说实验室的问题
and casually mentioned I was going out for seafood.
然后不经意地提到我要出去吃海鲜
At 9 30
9点半
I called and told him that one of my scallops tasted weird.
我打去告诉他 我其中一个扇贝吃起来怪怪的
At 11 30 I called and said
11点半 我打过去说
I was throwing up like a fire hose.
我吐得天昏地暗
At 12 45
12点45分
I called and made nothing but dry heaving sounds
我打过去 什么也不说就一直干呕
Penny what did you say
佩妮 你怎么说的
I work at the Cheesecake Factory
我在芝士蛋糕工厂上班
I said "Bye."
说声再见就能甩头走人
So what are we gonna do first
我们先玩什么
I don't know about you guys
我不知道你们俩想玩什么
but I'm gonna make a beeline for the place
但我要直奔一个地方
that gives you a princess makeover.
可以把你装扮成公主
Ooh that sounds like fun.
听起来很好玩
You're kidding right
你说笑呢 对吧
We're not just gonna get drunk and go on rides
我们不是要喝个大醉 然后去坐游乐设施吗
Come on do it with us.
别这样 和我们一起玩嘛
All right whatever.
好吧 随便吧
How does it work
要怎么玩
Okay so you pick your princess
你先选个公主
Sleeping Beauty Snow White Cinderella
睡美人 白雪公主 灰姑娘
they give you hair makeup the works.
他们会帮你弄头发 化妆 弄全套
Guess it would be fun to be Cinderella.
打扮成灰姑娘肯定很好玩
Oh I want to be Cinderella too. Yeah.
-我也想当灰姑娘 -对啊
We can't all be Cinderella.
我们不能都当灰姑娘
Then how do we decide
那要怎么决定呢
Well it's simple.
很简单
This was my idea.
这是我的主意
I'm driving.
开车的是我
I'm Cinderella.
所以我是灰姑娘
You bitches got a problem with that
你们两个小贱货要是有意见
we could stop the car right now.
我们现在就可以停车
Excuse me I'm meeting a girl here.
不好意思 我约了女生在这里见面
It's kind of our first date.
这是我们的第一次约会
In a library
在图书馆吗
She and I are both a little awkward in social situations
我和她都有些不擅长社交
so this seemed like a good idea.
所以这里挺好的
People say I'm a little awkward too.
也常有人说我挺怪的
May I join you
我能加入你们吗
No you can't join us.
不行
Just go go climb back up
你赶紧走开
whatever beanstalk you came down from.
从哪儿来回哪儿去
You can do better.
你可以找到更好的
Oh we're eating here
我们要在这里吃吗
We're having a texting date
这是短信约会吗
I love that.
我喜欢
As you're reading it will help to remember
你看短信的时候要记得
I have an adorable accent.
我有超可爱的口音哦
Okay who's ready for some science
好 大家准备好来个科学之旅了吗
Me too.
我也是
Okay I am Dr. Leonard Hofstadter.
我是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士
I am here with my friends Dr. Cooper
这是我的朋友库珀博士
and real life astronaut Howard Wolowitz
和真正的宇航员霍华德·沃罗威茨
and we are going to show you girls
我们会为你们展现
how cool a job in science can be.
科学工作会有多酷
How cool you ask
你们问有多酷[冷]是吗
Well how about negative 273 degrees
大概有零下273度[绝对零度]
热力学函数
'cause that's the temperature at which entropy reaches its minimum value.
因为那是熵达到其最小值时的温度
Did I just learn something new and have fun doing it
我刚才是开心地学到新知识了吗
What
还有这种好事
All right
很好
So now let's bring out theoretical physicist
现在有请理论物理学家
Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
谢尔顿·库珀博士
Hello female children.
你们好 女孩子们
Allow me to inspire you
请允许我用一个
with a story about a great female scientist.
伟大的女性科学家的故事来激励你们
Polish born French educated
在波兰出生 在法国接受教育的
Madame Curie.
居里夫人
Codiscoverer of radioactivity
她是放射线的发现人之一
she was a hero of science...
是科学界的英雄
until her hair fell out
直到她的头发掉光
her vomit and stool became filled with blood...
吐血和大便带血
and she was poisoned to death by her own discovery.
她被自己的发现毒死了
With a little hard work
只要勤奋努力
I see no reason why that can't happen to any of you.
你们一定都能获得她的成果
Are we done Can we go
结束了没 我们能走了吗
The thing to remember is
重要的是
you can go to outer space too.
你们也可以去外太空
I mean look at me.
瞧瞧我
I went to this very school.
我以前就是这个学校的学生
Those desks you're sitting in
你们坐着的其中一张课桌
I was once superglued to one of them.
我曾经被人用强力胶粘在上面过
Did you go to the moon
你去月球了吗
No but I did go to
没有 但我确实去了
the International Space Station.
国际太空站
Did you fly the rocket
你驾驶火箭了吗
No
没有
but I was in the rocket.
但我确实乘坐了火箭
I didn't actually...
我没有
So you just flew around That's kind of like my uncle.
所以你就是飞而已 和我叔叔很像
He's a flight attendant.
他是个空乘员
No...
I'm an American hero.
我是美国的英雄
Your uncle brings people nuts okay
而你叔叔只会让人抓狂
Boy we are learning a lot here huh
我们学到了很多是吧
Thank you Astronaut Howard.
谢谢你 霍华德宇航员
Um I am what's called an experimental physicist
我是一名实验物理学家
which is super fun because I get to test theories
我的工作特别好玩 因为我能测试证明理论
and work with lasers.
工作还能跟激光打交道
Yes
请讲
How did you decide to become a scientist
你是怎么决定当个科学家的
Uh excellent question.
这问题提得好
Um I suppose I've always been into science you know...
我从小就喜欢科学
My mother and father are scientists
我的妈妈爸爸都是科学家
so I was kind of led in that direction.
所以他们一直引导我走上这条路
Eh pushed might be a better way to describe it.
我是被逼的 这种形容更恰当
To be honest with you guys
说句实话
when I was your age
我在你们这么大的时候
I wanted to be a rap star.
我想当的是说唱明星
Like Snoop Dogg
像史诺普·道格一样
犯有私藏枪支和大麻罪
史诺普·道格 美国说唱歌手
but with a healthy respect for the police.
但是对警方更为尊重
Yeah no sure you laugh.
没关系 你们笑吧
Just like my mother did.
我妈也笑了
After I confided
我对她坦诚相告
I was derided and chided
她对我责备嘲笑
my moms and I collided.
我们俩碰撞引爆
She said my dreams were misguided.
她说我路走歪掉
That's just a little freestyle.
随便即兴说唱两句
My dad's a gynecologist in India
我爸爸是印度的妇科医生
so if you're over there and need a check up
如果你去了印度 需要检查一下
原意是"为你效劳"
子宫cervix与服务service音似
as he likes to say he's "at your cervix."
用他的话来说 他愿意"检查你的子宫"
That's terrible.
太坏了
penitentiary是监狱 但pun-itentiary则是双关语监狱
Your dad should be sent to the pun itentiary.
你爸爸该被送进"双关"监狱
That's a fitting pun ishment.
真是个合适的[双关]惩罚
I still don't know what you do for a living.
我还不知道你的工作呢
Web design.
网页设计
Anything I might have seen
有我可能看过的网页吗
I don't know.
我不知道
You ever look at porn web sites
你浏览过色情网站吗
No never.
从来没有
What is porn
那是什么
Sorry. Autocorrect.
不好意思 自动纠错功能
That was supposed to say
我本来打的是
"Prom Web sites."
"舞会网站"
Ooh fun. I love prom.
真有趣 我喜欢舞会
The romance the gowns
气氛浪漫 锦衣华服
it's like a fairy tale come to life.
简直就像童话成真了
Sorry. Autocorrect.
不好意思 自动纠错功能
That was supposed to say
我本来打的是
"I like sports."
"我喜欢运动"
I never wanted to play the cello.
我从来都不想拉大提琴
How do you meet girls playing the cello
拉大提琴怎么泡得到女孩啊
"Hey you want to come over to my house
"你想来我家
and listen to me play an instrument
听我演奏一种乐器吗
that sounds like a suicidal bumblebee "
那听起来像大黄蜂自杀的声音哦"
Quick pull the fire alarm.
赶紧去拉响火警报警器
Let's get out of here.
好让咱们趁机溜走
Uh hello again.
各位 再次问好
Um yeah I don't know if women in general
我不知道是不是所有的女人
have been actively discouraged
都被人主动劝阻过
from pursuing the sciences
不要追求科学
but it's clear you young women here today have been.
但很显然 今天你们这些女孩都被劝阻了
While I was listening to my colleagues waste your time
我听着我同事们废话连篇浪费你们的时间
it occurred to me that it might be much more meaningful
我突然想到 如果让真实的科学女强人
to hear about women in science
为你们讲述女人投身科学的事迹
from actual women in science
这样也许更有意义
and uh I happen to know two brilliant examples
我碰巧认识两位科学女强人
who have agreed to speak to you on the phone right now.
她们同意现在和你们进行电话交流
Uh Dr. Rostenkowski
罗斯滕科夫斯基博士
Dr. Fowler are you there
福勒博士 你们在吗
We're here.
我们在
Thank you for taking time out of your very busy schedule
感谢两位在百忙之中抽出宝贵的时间
to enlighten these young women.
来启发年轻的女孩子们
It's our pleasure.
乐意之至
白雪公主
I'm Dr. Fowler and I'm a neuroscientist.
我是福勒博士 神经科学家
And I'm Dr. Rostenkowski Wolowitz
我是罗森考斯基·沃罗维茨博士
灰姑娘
and I'm a microbiologist.
微生物学家
The world of science needs more women
科学世界需要更多女性
but from a young age we girls are encouraged to care
但女孩们从小就被教导成
more about the way we look
更在乎自己的外貌
than about the power of our minds.
而不是头脑的力量
That's true.
是的
Every one of you has the capacity
你们每一个人都有能力
to be anything you want to be.
成为自己想当的人
睡美人
Unless you want to be Cinderella.
但想当灰姑娘就不行
Come at me.
来单挑啊
See what happens.
看看谁厉害
This was really fun.
今天真的很好玩
My battery's dying so I'm just gonna talk.
我的手机要没电了 我就用说的吧
Thanks for today.
谢谢今天你约我出来
I've been trying to do more things that scare me
我一直试着做更多让我害怕的事情
and coming here was definitely one of them.
来这和你约会绝对是其中之一
But it was also really nice.
但今天真挺不错的
So thanks and um
所以 谢谢
I'm gonna go.
我打算走了
Maybe I could do one more scary thing
也许我在离开前
before I go and give you a kiss good bye
能再做一件可怕的事 和你吻别
You know if that's okay.
如果你同意的话
Okay. Okay.
好吧 好吧
Panic attack Maybe next time.
恐慌症发作 下次吧
I'm counting that as foreplay.
我就把这算做前戏了
Bernie I'm home.
妮妮 我回家了
You have fun today
你今天玩的开心吗
Yes and I have a surprise for you.
开心 而且我为你准备了惊喜
Please be Cinderella. Please be Cinderella.
一定要是灰姑娘 一定要是灰姑娘
Well hello Prince Charming.
你好啊 白马王子
Milady.
小姐
Hey how was your... what
你今天... 什么情况
I can explain.
我能解释
I played hooky with the girls
我和姑娘们翘班
then we all went to Disneyland and got...
一起去了迪士尼乐园 然后...
What are you doing
你在干什么呢
Disneyland. Go on I'm listening.
迪士尼乐园嘛 继续说 我听着呢
Sheldon all Snow White needs
谢尔顿 白雪公主只需要
is one little kiss to wake up.
轻轻一吻就能醒来哦
Heard you the first time.
你说第一次时我就听见了
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片