I recently read that during World War Two
我最近读到在二战期间
Joseph Stalin had a research program
约瑟夫·斯大林曾有一项研究计划
to create supersoldiers
为了制造超级士兵
by having women impregnated by gorillas.
要让女人怀上大猩猩的孩子
What a sick use of science.
太变态的滥用科学了
Hey as long as the baby's healthy.
只要孩子健康就没事啦
I wonder if Stalin considered any other animals.
不知道斯大林有没想过使用其他动物
Hippos are the deadliest creature.
河马是杀伤性最高的动物
A half human half hippo soldier would be pretty badass.
半人半河马应该会是狠角色吧
Yes but when they're hungry hungry
但当它们饿饿的时候
you can stop them with marbles.
你用弹珠就能阻止它们了
一种4名玩家控制河马头 抢吃弹珠的桌游
Yeah the correct animal
是的 制造跨族超级士兵的
for interspecies supersolider is koala.
最佳选择是考拉
You would wind up with an army so cute it couldn't be attacked.
你可以做出一个超可爱 让人无法下手的军队
But half man half owl could fly...
但半人半猫头鹰可以飞...
The answer is cuddly soldiers with big flat noses.
正解就是让人想抱的大扁鼻子士兵
Moving on.
下个话题
So Penny when's the new job start
佩妮 新工作什么时候开始
Next Monday.
下周一
Did you get a chance to look over the materials I gave you
你找时间看了我给你的材料了吗
Uh not yet but I will.
还没 但我会看的
Great. When
很好 什么时候
I said I'll get to it.
我说了我会去看
I'm sensing awkwardness am I right
我好像感觉到场面有些尴尬 是吧
Yes.
是的
Swish.
厉害
I don't want to be pushy
我不想一直逼你
but you've never done pharmaceutical sales before.
但你之前从未接触过医药销售
It seems like you could use this time to get a head start.
你可以用这段时间领先其他人啊
Well the first few weeks will be all training.
前几周都是在培训
They'll tell me everything I need to know.
他们会教我一切需要了解的信息
But imagine how impressed they'd be if you showed up
但你想象一下 你去的时候已经对材料很熟
already familiar with the material.
他们肯定会对你刮目相看
Okay so what you want me to be like a teacher's pet
所以是怎样 你想让我当老师的小马屁精吗
Couldn't hurt.
又没坏处
Mm I don't know.
不知道啊
Who here has ever been hurt
在座这里有谁
because they were the teacher's pet
因为当老师的马屁精被欺负过
It was like the rest of the class wanted Ms. McDonald
感觉就像班上其他同学想要老师
to forget the quiz.
忘了有考试
第八季 第二集
Mrs. Davis.
戴维斯小姐
Guess who
你猜是谁
Dr. Cooper.
库伯博士
That's right good job.
没错 干得好
Hello.
你好
Uh you wanted to see me
你想见我吗
Yes. Uh welcome back.
是的 欢迎回来
Thank you.
谢谢
I assume you'd like to reopen our dialogue
我想你想要再开始
about the university forcing me to continue with string theory
大学逼我继续研究弦理论的谈话是吗
You mean the dialogue that went
你是指谈话过程只有
"Please " "No." "Please " "No." "Please " "No."
"拜托""不行"这两个词来回重复的那次吗
That's the one.
没错
I believe you went last so uh please
我记得上一次最后是你回的 所以... 拜托
Dr. Cooper while you were away we came up with a solution
库伯博士 在你不在的时候 我们想出了
that would allow you to change your field of study.
让你可以改变研究领域的方法了
Pouting and running away actually worked.
撅嘴逃跑真的管用啊
Yeah I must say that may not be a lesson
不得不说 你可千万记得
you want to reinforce with me.
不要再逼我干嘛了
So um what is the solution
所以解决方式是什么
Currently you're being paid under a grant
目前大学给你的研究基金是
to specifically research string theory.
只能做特定领域研究的
If we promote you to junior professor
如果我们将你升为初级教授
you'll be able to choose
这样你就能
whatever field of research you'd like.
想研究什么就研究什么
But if I'm a professor then I'll have to teach a class.
但如果我是教授 我就得带学生了
That is correct.
没错
So your solution is to promote me and pay me more money
所以你的解决方法就是 给我升职 给我加薪
so that I can impart my knowledge
然后让我能把我的学识
to the next generation of scientists
传授给下一代的科学家们吗
Yes.
没错
You people are sick.
你们这帮人真变态
Hey. Ready to go to lunch
准备好去吃午饭了吗
Just give me a minute.
再给我一分钟
I'm stimulating the pleasure cells of this starfish.
我在刺激海星的快感细胞
I just need to turn it off.
等我关了就行了
What happens if you don't
如果你不关掉会怎么样
Then I have to sit through lunch
那我就得边吃午饭
knowing this starfish is having a better day than I am.
边想着这海星过得比我还"爽"
Is Bernadette meeting us at the restaurant
伯纳黛特会在餐厅跟我们碰面吗
Uh no. Actually I didn't invite her.
不会 其实我没叫她
How come
为什么
Well ever since she helped me get this job
自从她介绍了我这份工作
she won't stop bugging me.
她就一直不停地烦我
Well I think she just wants you to do well
她只想你能做好这份工作
and she's worried that you won't
而且她也担心你会失败吧
'cause you were just a stunningly poor waitress.
因为你真是个超烂的服务员
That is not true.
才不是呢
I'm still waiting on my mini corndogs from two years ago.
我到现在都还在等两年前跟你点的玉米热狗呢
I told you they'll be right out.
我跟你说了 很快会给你上
Okay so no Bernadette.
好吧 没有伯纳黛特
Well you saw her the other night. Am I wrong
那晚你也看见她那个样子啦 难道是我错吗
No I just...
没有啊 我只是...
I feel kind of uncomfortable talking about her like this.
我觉得这样说她有点不好
Usually when someone's being talked about behind their back
通常有人在背后说其他人坏话时
it's me and it's right in front of my face.
都是说我的坏话 而且还当着我的面说
I I'm sorry. I just need a little break from her.
抱歉 我只是想躲开她一阵子
I understand.
我懂
You know there is some research that indicates
你知道吗 有些研究显示
that sharing negative attitudes about a third party
分享对第三方的负面看法
can be a powerful bonding force between two friends.
能够加深两个朋友之间的友谊吗
So what are you saying
所以你是什么意思
I'm saying in the spirit of science
我的意思是 为了科学
what is that little skank's problem
那个小婊砸到底有啥好不满的
So I've been trying to come up
我一直想给
with a cute couple's nickname for me and Emily.
我和艾米丽取一个可爱的情侣昵称
What do you like better
你觉得哪一个好
Emippali...
艾米帕里
or Koothrapemily
还是库萨帕米丽
Why is it your last name and her first name
为什么一定是你的姓和她的名的组合
Oh well her last name is Sweeney
她姓斯威尼
and something just didn't seem right about Koothrapeeney.
库萨帕威尼听起来不大对劲儿
peeney音同peeny 鸡鸡的意思
Hey how'd it go with human resources
跟人力资源部谈得怎么样了
Awful.
很糟糕
Yeah they're allowing me to move on from string theory
虽然他们同意让我研究其他理论
but they made me a junior professor
但是他们升我当初级教授
and are requiring me to teach a class.
这样我就必须给学生上课
I don't understand. Why is it bad that you have to teach
我不明白了 上课有什么不好
What a stupid question.
愚蠢的问题
The kids are gonna love him.
学生们绝对会"喜欢"他
I can't believe I have to waste my time
我不敢相信我得浪费我的时间
babysitting a bunch of grad students
照顾一群研究生
who probably think dark matter is what's in their diapers.
他们可能觉得暗物质就是尿片里的屎尿
This might not be that bad.
没那么糟糕
Uh you like telling people they're wrong.
你喜欢指出别人的错误
Wrong
Just because I enjoyed that one doesn't mean I always do.
我喜欢这么做 并不代表我会想整天这么做
You enjoy giving people grades.
你喜欢给别人打分
A valid point but unoriginal B minus.
观点正确 但是非原创 B-
And you love the sound of your own voice.
你喜欢你自己的声音
Yeah well of course I do.
对 没错 我喜欢
Listen to it.
听听
It's like an earful of melted caramel.
就像听到了融化的焦糖
Look most importantly
最重要的是
this will let you move on and study dark matter.
这样你才能继续研究暗物质
It is true that many of my heroes have taken students
我有很多偶像倒是都曾给予过
under their wings
学生帮助[放在翅膀下]
Feynman Einstein Professor X.
费因曼 爱因斯坦 X教授
X教授 即查尔斯 塞维尔 X战警学校的校长及创办人
费因曼 美国著名物理学家
Humorously
有趣的是
in the case of Professor X
对于X教授来说
some of his students actually had wings.
他的一些学生还真的有翅膀
That's rich.
真有意思
I'll use that one to lighten the mood
等全班学生在期中考试挂科之后
after my entire class fails the midterm.
我会用这个笑话来逗笑他们
Measuring starfish serotonin levels in response to
通过使用1.2摩尔的快感细胞刺激
one point two molar stimulation of pleasure cells.
测量海星的血清素等级
You like that don't you
你喜欢这样对吧
That's right say my name.
没错 说我的名字
Hey what's going on Not much.
-还好吗 -还行
You want to get a drink later
等会儿要去喝一杯吗
Just the two of us
就我俩
No Penny
不叫佩妮吗
Not tonight. I'm a little frustrated with her.
今晚不叫她 我对她有点失望
Because you got her the job and you think
因为你帮她找到工作
she should be working harder to prepare for it
你觉得她应该好好准备
So it's not just me. You see it too
原来不光是我 你也看到了
I do I see it.
对 我也看到了
It's driving me crazy.
快把我逼疯了
Just this afternoon I saw on Instagram
今天下午 我在她的相册里看见
that instead of studying she went out to lunch
她没有好好学习 还跑出去吃午餐
and got a manicure.
还去做了美甲
That's outrageous
太过分了
I know
对啊
If she doesn't do well
如果她做不好
th this could reflect poorly on you.
也会坏了你的名声
Exactly. Does she not realize it or does she not care
是啊 她是不知道 还是不在乎
I don't know.
我不知道
The important thing is I am here for you
重要的是 我支持你
so we can mutually disparage this unpleasing third party.
所以我们可以一起鄙视这个讨厌的第三方
Hey. We just wanted to see how your class was going.
我们来看看你的课上得怎么样了
Where is everybody
学生呢
There is no class.
没有学生
Did you send everyone to the principal's office already
你这么快就把所有人都送去校长办公室了吗
No one signed up.
没人报名
Well that's not your fault.
这不是你的错
I called the department secretary to see what happened.
我打电话问学院秘书是怎么回事
Apparently I have a reputation for being obnoxious.
显然 全校的人都认为我很讨厌
What
不会吧
Hey Sheldon I'm sorry.
谢尔顿 真是抱歉
No it's fine.
别 没事的
Now I can devote all my time to dark matter.
现在我可以全身心投入到暗物质的研究中了
Aw you brought cookies for everyone
你还给大家带了饼干
Oh yes. Fig Newtons.
对 "无花果牛顿"饼干
I was going to ask them which scientist both helped
我本来打算问他们 哪个科学家
to develop calculus
既对微积分有贡献
and had a famous cookie named after him
又有一款饼干以他命名
And then after someone said "Newton "
等有人回答"牛顿"
I was going to tell them they're wrong.
我就告诉他们错了
The cookies are named after a town in Massachusetts.
这个饼干是用马萨诸塞州的一个镇命名的
And then I'd throw the cookies away.
然后我再把饼干扔了
Hey what if I took your class
我来听你的课怎么样
Why would you do that
你为什么这么做
Yeah why would you do that What's wrong with you
-你为什么这么做 -你脑子出什么问题
I'm thinking about getting my doctorate
我想拿到博士学位
and he wants to teach why not
他想要教课 正好啊
Oh Howard.
霍华德
I appreciate the gesture
感谢你的提议
but this is a graduate level physics class.
但这是研究生阶段的物理课程
I don't think you'd understand
我觉得你根本无法理解
a single thing I was talking about.
我所讲的任何内容
Ask why not again I've got an answer.
再问一遍为什么不能来 我有答案了
Sheldon I'm more than smart enough to take your class.
谢尔顿 我的智商来听你的课绰绰有余了
No.
不可能
Yes.
真的
How would you determine the ground state
在没有精确解的情况下
of a quantum system with no exact solution
你如何确定量子系统的基态
I would guess a wave function and then vary its parameters
我会任意猜测一个基态波函数 通过更改其参数
until I found the lowest energy solution.
找出能量最低的量子态
Do you know how to integrate X squared times E
你知道怎么不查书也能求出
to the minus X without looking it up
x平方乘e到负x的积分
I'd use Feynman's trick
我会用费曼的秘诀
differentiate under the integral sign.
积分符号内取微分
Okay.
不错嘛
What is the correct interpretation of quantum mechanics
量子力学的正确诠释是什么
Since every interpretation gives exactly the same answer
每一种诠释对于每一次测量
to every measurement they are all equally correct.
给出的答案都一样 所以它们同等正确
However I know you believe in the Many Worlds Interpretation
但是我知道你支持的是多宇宙诠释
so I'll say that. Now do you think I'm smart enough
所以我会顺着你说 现在你觉得我够聪明了吗
No.
Oh come on. You might've gone to school
拜托 你也许就比我
for a couple more years than me but guess what
多上了几年学 但是
engineers are just as smart as physicists.
工程师和物理学家一样聪明
You take that back
你把这话收回去
No.
So after drinks with Bernadette
和伯纳黛特喝了几杯后
I get home and Penny calls to complain about her.
我刚到家 佩妮就打来电话抱怨伯纳黛特
And then while I'm talking to Penny
我正和佩妮说着呢
I get a text from Bernadette.
伯纳黛特又发来短信
Wh... I'm trying to prepare my lesson plan for Howard.
我正为霍华德准备教学计划呢
Why are you telling me this
你干嘛告诉我这些废话
Because it's taken 15 years
因为虽然晚了15年
but high school is finally awesome
但高中生活终于开始精彩了
I love them both
虽然我爱她们俩
but I'm in the center now and I love that even more.
但现在我成了团体中心 我更爱这种感觉
Amy please. I am trying to figure out a way
艾米 拜托 我正努力寻找
to intellectually emasculate a dear friend of mine.
一种用智力阉割我好友的方法
But I'm just... Not now.
-可人家... -别烦我了
You better watch that attitude buddy.
注意你的态度 老弟
You're dating the popular girl now.
你女朋友现在可是校园红人呢
You're up late.
你还没睡啊
Oh I'm working on my lesson plan for Wolowitz.
我在为沃罗威茨量身定制教学计划
He is going to be so lost.
保证他跟听天书一样
Look at this section over here.
快看这部分内容
Even I don't really understand it.
连我都不懂是什么
Sheldon why are you doing this
谢尔顿 你为什么要这么做
I'm a teacher Leonard.
我是一名教师 莱纳德
It's my job.
这是我的工作
No I I mean
不 我是说
why are you going to so much trouble
你为什么要费尽周折
to prove that you're smarter than Wolowitz
来证明你比沃罗威茨聪明呢
Oh it's no trouble it's actually a pleasure.
完全不费劲 我高兴着呢
You want to know what I think
你知道我怎么想吗
I think the idea that someone could be as smart as you
我觉得一想到某人可能和你一样聪明
or even smarter scares the pants off you
甚至比你聪明 你就怕得要死
and you can't deal with it.
你接受不了这个事实
Interesting point.
想法很有趣
Wh... You're suggesting
你是在暗示
that I have emotional issues below my consciousness
潜意识里我的情绪
which drive my behavior
影响了我的行动
thus causing me to lash out at anything or anyone
导致我大肆打击任何
that threatens my intellectual superiority.
威胁到我智商优势的人或事吗
Might be something to think about.
你好好思考一下吧
Leonard Yeah.
-莱纳德 -什么
Howard's allergic to peanuts.
霍华德对花生过敏
How can I use that against him
我怎样才能用这个对付他
Okay now that everyone's here we can begin.
既然大家都来齐了 我们可以上课了
Before we do I just talked to Leonard.
上课之前我要说 我刚和莱纳德谈过了
And if you're gonna
如果你准备
spend all your time trying to belittle me
刻意让这门课难到超乎常理
by making this class unnecessarily hard
以此来贬低我的智商的话
then I'm out.
那我不上了
But if you're interested in making
但如果你真心想要
a sincere effort to be a good teacher
做一个好老师
then I'm willing to give this a shot.
那我也愿意给你个机会
I suppose that's a fair request.
这个提议很合理
There's no reason we both can't benefit from this experience.
我们俩都可以从这件事里受益
Okay. Okay.
-好吧 -就这样
Well then uh first things first.
那我们先上课
Um are you familiar with the Brachistochrone problem
你对最速降线问题熟悉吗
I am. Good.
-很熟悉 -很好
And how it relates to the calculus of variations
那它和变分法之间的关系呢
It's an inverted cycloid.
是一条翻转摆线
Wonderful.
不错不错
Now what about Euler Lagrange theorems
那么 你了解欧拉拉格朗日定理吗
That's where I'm a little fuzzy.
这我就有点小困惑了
Ha I knew it All right.
我就知道 好了
We have a lot of information to cover before your first test.
在第一次考试前 我们需要大量补充这方面的知识
Which by the way is in eight minutes.
对了 考试就在8分钟之后
The good news is I'm grading on a curve
好消息是我的评分标准是曲线评分
so you're pretty much guaranteed a C.
所以你卷子上肯定有个"C"
All I do is win win win
老子这辈子只想赢
DJ KHALED All I Do Is Win
No matter what
无论如何
What are you doing
你这是在干什么
Everybody hands go up up...
大家一起高举双手
And they stay there
保持别动
What are you doing
你在干什么
If you're gonna be a crappy teacher
如果你要当个烂老师
then I'm gonna be a crappy student.
那我就当个烂学生
Ludacris going in on the verse
路达克里斯来唱副歌
'Cause I never been defeated and I won't stop now..
我无所不胜 永不停止
Will you stop it
停下来
This is a classroom.
这是教室
This is not American Bandstand. Okay.
不是《美国大舞台》 好了
Now where was I
好了 我说到哪里呢
Let's see.
我看看
Oh yes. Over here.
对了 就是这里
You...
What are you doing now
你又在干什么
Making a straw.
折一个吸管
Why
为什么
So I can shoot you with a spitball.
我就可以用口水球射你了
You're not going to do that and I'll tell you why.
你不能这么做 我来告诉你为什么
This is an institution of higher learning
这里是高等学府的课堂
I am your professor
我是你的教授
and you're going to treat me with the prop...
你对待我的态度应该是...
You shot your spit in my mouth
你的口水吐进我的嘴里了
Is that gonna be on the test
考试会考这个吗
Because I don't think I can do that again.
我想我没法再做到一次了
Hey girlfriend.
好闺蜜
Can I get a what what
可以来个那啥啥吗
What
Close enough.
差不多了
Um I was just calling to see what you were up tonight.
我打来想问问你今晚有什么安排
Thought maybe we could hit up Color Me Mine
咱们可以去整整"自己动手做彩陶"
maybe sneak in some Pinot Greej. Whatevs.
偷偷带进去一些葡萄酒 随便啦
Uh thanks but I think I'm gonna stay in
多谢了 但我要留在家
and go over the stuff Bernadette gave me.
学习伯纳黛特给我的资料
Oh. Oh I hear you.
哦 这样啊
Try and get that nag off your back right
好让唠叨鬼不再烦你对吧
I mean you're not a bicycle
你又不是单车
why's she riding you like that
她凭什么这样"骑压"你
No I think she was just trying to help.
不 我想她只是想帮忙
Plus I really want to do well at this job. So...
而且 我想做好这份工作
Okay good luck. And call me later
那祝你好运 晚点打给我
you know if you decide she's a bitch or something.
如果你要抱怨她是个贱人什么的
Hey girlfriend.
好闺蜜
Hey Amy.
艾米
Tonight. You me Color Me Mine.
今晚 你和我 "自己动手做彩陶"
Maybe we sneak in some pinot make it Color Me Wine.
也许带点葡萄酒进去 整个"自己动嘴喝彩酒"
That sounds fun but I promised Penny
听起来很好玩 但我答应了佩妮
I'd come by and help her study.
过去帮助她学习
Oh. Well good luck getting her to do that.
那只能祝你好运逮到她
She's probably off getting another manicure.
她可能又出去修指甲了
You remember when she did that
你记得她那次这样做吗
You remember
记得吗
I was probably being too hard on her.
我可能对她太严厉了
We talked we're good.
我们谈过了 没事了
Oh. Great.
太好了
I'm happy for you guys.
我为你们高兴
You know when the two of you aren't getting along
你俩合不来时
it puts me in a really weird position.
我夹在中间 好难做人啊
Well don't worry everything's back to normal.
不用担心 一切恢复正常了
You mean like where she's nice to your face
你是指她表面上又跟你好了吗
Okay got it. Bye.
明白了 拜
Hey boyfriend.
好男友
Can't talk. Spitball.
没时间说话 口水球
Probably gonna die.
可能会死
Well
怎么样
Sheldon I I promise.
谢尔顿 我发誓
Your uvula does not have an STD.
你的小舌没得性病
Are you sure
你确定吗
It just doesn't feel as innocent as it used to.
感觉没有以前那么纯洁了
You reported me to human resources
你把我告到人事部去了吗
You violated the sanctity of my mouth.
你亵渎了我口腔的圣洁
Well I dropped your class so I hope you're happy.
我不上你的课了 希望你开心
I told you you weren't smart enough to take it.
我跟你说过 你不够聪明 不能上我的课
I'm smart enough Sheldon.
我够聪明了 谢尔顿
Asking me a bunch of questions
问我一大堆
about a topic I'm not familiar with
我不熟悉的课题的问题
doesn't prove anything.
并不能证明什么
I could do the same to you.
我也可以问你
Yeah... Try me.
是吗 试试
Okay.
好的
You enjoy making fun of engineering so much
你非常享受取笑工程学
how do you quantify the strength of materials
那么你如何量化材料强度
Young's modulus.
杨氏模量
Is that right Yeah.
-对吗 -对
Okay how do you prevent eddy currents in a transformer
你如何预防变压器中的涡流损耗
Laminate the core material.
层压芯材
Come on give him a hard one.
拜托 问个难的
That was a hard one.
这就是难的
All right.
好吧
How does the flow rate in a pipe depend on its diameter
管直径如何决定流量
You don't know do you
你不知道 对吗
What's the matter smart guy
怎么啦 聪明人
Don't know Poiseuille's law
不知道泊肃叶定律了吧
Thank goodness I got it
谢天谢地出来了
Now I can quit checking my stool.
现在我不必再检查我的粪便了
Okay what are the potential side effects
我们的壮阳药有些什么
for our erectile dysfunction drug
可能的副作用
Headaches dizziness and nausea.
头痛 头晕 恶心
Yes.
是的
Those are also the side effects
一个勃起的75岁老男人
of having a 75 year old man with an erection climb on top of you.
趴在你身上 你也会出现这些副作用
Want to stop here Uh no. I can keep going.
-要不要停下来 -不用 我可以继续
Nah you got this.
不必了 你能行的
Let's go for a drink. I'll call Amy.
我们去喝一杯 我打给艾米
Okay good. She seemed like she really wanted to go out tonight.
好的 她似乎今晚特别想出去玩
Hey girl.
干嘛 妹子
Okay next question for the Butterfinger
下个问题 奖品是金手指黄油饼干
how long is a galactic year
银河年有多长
250 million years
两亿五千万年
Yes
对了
Okay this one is for a Cadbury Creme Egg.
这个的奖品是吉百利蛋
It's not even Easter time.
复活节都没到呢
This is crazy
太疯狂了
Which Archimedean solid has 20 regular triangular faces
哪种阿基米德多面体有20个规则的三角面
30 square faces 12 pentagonal faces
30个四角面 12个五角面
60 vertices and 120 edges
60个顶点和120条边
The Rhombicosidodecahedron
小斜方截半二十面体
Yes
答对了
We are so smart
我们太聪明了
Why didn't girls like us in high school
高中时为什么女生不喜欢咱们
Because we were awkward and weird
因为我们呆滞怪异
and couldn't play sports Right again
-而且运动无能 -又答对了
给好奇的观众 这就是小斜方截半二十面体
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片