Go
开始
Come on Raj
拉杰 加油
You can do this
你可以的
There's no way.
绝对不可能
What is happening
这是在干嘛
This is an Euler's Disk.
这是欧拉盘
It's a physics toy
是一种物理学玩具
that demonstrates angular momentum
用来演示角动量
potential energy and kinetic energy.
势能与动能
Aw look at you watching sports.
你们几个小宅男还看体育呢
We're betting to see if Koothrappali
我们在打赌库萨帕里
can hold his breath longer than the disk can spin.
能不能憋气到这欧拉盘静止后才呼吸
Its weight and smoothness
它的重量与平滑度
along with the slight concavity of the mirror
再加上底下镜面盘的些微凹度
means it can spin for a long time.
都意味着它可以转很久
But Raj is from India
但拉杰来自印度
which means he's no slouch at holding his breath.
这表示在憋气这件事上 他也是经验丰富
Okay I want in. Ten bucks says
我也要赌 我赌十块钱
I'll lose interest before that thing stops spinning.
我会在这玩意静止之前就对这事失去兴致
Hey Sheldon I found a great restaurant for date night.
谢尔顿 我找到一家适合约会的餐厅
Kind of busy right now.
现在很忙 别吵
Oh an Euler's Disk Fun
是欧拉盘 真有趣
Yeah we're seeing if Raj can hold his breath longer than it.
我们在看是它转的时间久 还是拉杰憋气时间久
Oh. Immature.
真幼稚
How ya doing
憋得住吗
He's not gonna make it.
他绝对不行
Yes he is You know
-他行的 -你知道吗
deep sea divers holding their breath for several minutes
深水潜水员在憋气好几分钟后
have shown elevated markers of a protein
所发出脑损伤信号的
that can signal brain damage.
蛋白质明显增多
Yeah see what's happening here signals brain damage.
这里正发生的事情也是脑损伤的信号
My God how long does this thing spin for
天啊 这东西会转多久啊
Ha You're interested You're out ten bucks
你感兴趣了 十块钱输掉啦
It's slowing down Dig deep
-开始慢下来了 -发挥你的潜力
Like when we bet you couldn't fit into Howard's pants
就像那次我们打赌你穿不进霍华德的裤子
He's not gonna make it
他撑不下去啦
Yes he is
他可以的
Come on Raj It's like your favorite movie
加油啊 拉杰 就像你最爱的电影
You're just Waiting to Exhale
你要"憋到梦醒时分"
1995年爱情电影《待到梦醒时分》
Yeah I knew you could do it
我就知道你可以
And j.. and just so you know
另... 另外告诉你
my favorite movie...
我最爱的电影...
is Princess Bride.
是《公主新娘》
1987年的以童话为主题的浪漫爱情故事
Our whole universe was in a hot dense state
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait
The Earth began to cool
The autotrophs began to drool Neanderthals developed tools
We built the Wall We built the pyramids
Math Science History unraveling the mystery
That all started with a big bang
Bang
By aBU 201609
第十季 第十六集
Hello Rajesh. How are things by you
拉杰什 最近好吗
Good good.
挺好 挺好啊
Uh listen I just wanted to let you know
我想先跟你说一下
when you get my credit card bill
你这个月看到我信用卡账单时
it might be a little high this month.
可能会发现这个月账有点多
Well you're a grown man with a steady job.
毕竟你也是个有稳定工作收入的成年人
Why wouldn't you spend all your father's money
花光你老爸的钱也是合情合理的嘛
Oh Daddy you're so rich and funny.
爹爹 你真是又有钱又幽默
Yeah. So what else is going on with your life
所以你最近还有什么别的事呢
Uh well I was dating a woman at the university
我之前跟大学里的一个女人约会
but we broke up.
不过后来分手了
I'm sorry to hear that.
我很遗憾听到这消息
I know you are. That's why you just bought me a new iPad.
我知道 以我帮你买了新iPad来安慰我
And before you start
我想先告诉你
I am not interested in you arranging a marriage for me.
我对你的包办婚姻一点兴趣都没有
Oh I gave up on that a long time ago.
我几百年前就放弃这事了好吗
You did
是吗
It's too much work.
太累人了
You're an adult who can't get by
你都几岁了还得靠
without an allowance from his parents.
老爸老妈给的零花钱才能过活
Women don't want that.
女人才不喜欢这种男人
Wh What are you saying that y you're giving up on me
你啥意思啊 你放弃我了吗
What kind of father gives up on his son
什么样的爸爸会放弃自己的儿子啊
I have six children
我有六个孩子
five of whom are married and self sufficient.
其中五个都已婚 而且能养活自己
I don't think I'm the problem.
我想问题应该不在我身上
I can't believe what I'm hearing.
真不敢相信你会说这种话
This is deeply hurtful.
太伤人家的小心肝了
You're also too sensitive.
你还是个玻璃心
Women don't want that either.
女人也不喜欢这种男人
The food here's supposed to be great.
这里的餐点据说很好吃
Don't fill up on chips.
别洋芋片吃饱了
Oh I won't. I have a trick.
不会的 我有个小秘诀
I only eat equilateral triangles.
我只吃等边三角形的洋芋片
Isosceles isosceles
等腰 等腰三角形
oh scalene...
不等边三角形...
You didn't see that.
你没看到这幕
Oh look. It's Bert at the bar.
你看是伯特 在吧台那里
We should go say hi.
我们应该过去打个招呼
Why
为什么
Because that's what you do
因为这是正常人
when you see someone you know in a public place.
在公共场合看到认识的人时该做的举动
I have multiple restraining orders that say otherwise.
我有好几张限制令证明不是这样
Sheldon there's a difference between greeting a friend
谢尔顿 跟朋友打个招呼与
and following a celebrity into a bathroom.
跟踪名人进厕所是有区别的
If the judge couldn't explain it to me
连法官都不能跟我解释通
I don't see how you will.
你凭什么觉得你行呢
Hi Bert. Hello.
-伯特 -你好
Oh hey guys.
你们好呀
What brings you here
你们怎么会在这里
Oh we're having date night. Nice.
-我们是来约会的 -不错嘛
I'm meeting someone too.
我也约了人
Oh really. Anybody we know
是吗 是我们认识的人吗
I doubt it. I met her on G Harmony.
应该不是 我们是在天地合网上认识的
That's a Web site for geologists to find love.
那是专门为地质学家创立的婚恋网站
That's a real thing
还真有这种网站啊
Yeah. Their slogan is "we're all about dating
当然 他们的口号是"合时为你安排约会
and not the carbon 14 kind."
而非用碳14测何时"
在地质学中 碳14通常用于测试样本的大致年代
Well have a lovely evening.
祝你们有个美好的夜晚
Thanks. You too.
谢谢 你们也一样
If you think that's more fun than talking to Zachary Quinto
如果你觉得这样比跟明星扎克瑞·昆图
through a stall door you're crazy.
隔着厕所门说话更有意思 那你真是疯了
You know we could've come to you guys.
其实我们可以去你们家
You didn't have to bring the baby here.
这样就不用把宝宝带过来了啦
Oh it's okay. It's good to get out of the house.
没关系 走出家门的感觉真好
And the car ride puts her to sleep.
而且她一坐车就乖乖睡觉
Aw that used to work with Sheldon.
以前这招对谢尔顿也管用
Yeah until someone left him in the drugstore parking lot
是啊 直到某人把他扔在药店的停车场
and he freaked out.
让他吓了个半死
Who forgot to crack the window
是谁忘了把车窗留一点缝
Hello
你们好呀
Someone's been shopping at Gucci.
有人去古奇购物了
Yeah I saw something for Halley and I couldn't resist.
是啊 我觉得超适合哈雷就忍不住买了
That's so sweet of you.
你真是太好了
Yeah it's a crushed velvet baby cape.
是压皱天鹅绒宝宝斗篷哦
Oh no now we have two.
不是吧 现在我们有两件了
That must've been expensive. Yeah it was.
-一定很贵吧 -是啊
But it's my father's money and I'm mad at him.
但花的是我老爹的钱 反正我也不爽他
What's going on with your dad
你跟你爸怎么了
And if you really want to hurt him
如果你真的想惹毛他
I look great in Chanel.
我穿香奈儿可好看了
It turns out he doesn't care if I'm married or if I'm single.
我才发现他根本不在乎我结婚还是单身
He's basically given up on me.
他基本已经放弃我了
Oh I'm sure that's not true.
我敢说一定不是真的
It is. He stopped trying to find Indian girls for me to marry.
是真的 他不再帮我找印度姑娘逼我成亲了
All you did was complain when he did that.
你爸这么做时 你也只是一昧抱怨啊
Leonard he's hurting. Let him feel how he feels.
莱纳德 他正伤心呢 让他发泄
Thank you Penny. Yeah.
-多谢体谅 佩妮 -不客气
Shoes I'm a seven and a half boots I'm an eight.
我鞋子穿7码半 靴子穿8码
...MSN Search
MSN搜索
现更名为Bing搜索
AltaVista
阿尔塔维斯塔
于2013年关闭服务
and... Ask Jeeves.
有事就问吉福斯
现更名为Ask.com
You
你呢
Sorry I don't have a list of defunct search engines that I miss.
抱歉 我没有需要怀念的过气搜索引擎列表
Hey. Looks like I got stood up
看来我被人放鸽子了
so I'm gonna head out. Oh no.
-所以我还是走吧 -别啊
Are you sure you don't want to give her a few more minutes
你确定不再多等她几分钟吗
Nah G Harmony recommends after two hours
不了 天地合网的建议等待时间是两小时
it's time to cut bait.
是时候该放弃了
I'm so sorry.
我感到很遗憾
Bert I insist that you join us.
伯特 请你加入我们吧
You really wouldn't mind
你真的不介意吗
Not at all. Amy
完全不会 艾米你呢
Fine with me.
我也不介意
Thanks. I'll go grab a chair.
谢谢 那我去拿把椅子
Sheldon that was so sweet of you.
谢尔顿 你的举动真是太暖了
Well I could deduce by his facial expression
我从他的脸部表情和肢体语言
and body language that he was sad.
推断出他很难过
So the part where he got stood up didn't clue you in
他说自己被人放鸽子时没有给你点提示吗
You want me to look at him and listen to him
你还指望我会一边观察他 一边听他的废话吗
My father thinks the reason I can't make a relationship work
我父亲觉得我的每段感情之所以不成功
is because I'm spoiled.
是因为我是被宠坏的屁孩
I'm sorry is he waiting for someone to disagree
抱歉 他是在等着有人提出反对意见吗
Just because he helps me out
就因为他帮我解决问题
doesn't automatically mean that I'm spoiled.
并不意味着我被他宠坏了
All right how much exactly does he pay for
好吧 那他到底帮你解决多少账单
Okay I'll tell you
我会告诉你们
but please don't judge me.
但请不要鄙视我
He pays for my car my rent and my credit cards.
我的车 我的房租和信用卡的账单都是他付的
I'm trying but I'm judging.
我在努力忍住 但我已经鄙视你了
Maybe your dad's right.
或许你爸说得对
Yeah women do like a man that can support himself.
对啊 女人的确喜欢能养活自己的男人
But Bernadette makes more money than Howard.
但伯纳黛特挣的钱比霍华德多
She basically supports him.
基本是她在养活自己老公啊
Yeah maybe your dad's right.
是啊 或许你爸是对的
Good question. Let's see.
好问题 我想想
Infoseek
搜信
于2001年关闭服务
WebCrawler
网络蜘蛛
2001原公司破产后被人收购
oh HotBot.
热机器人
2011年重新改版上市为门户网站
Okay literally any other topic.
够了 真的换个什么话题都行
All right. How did you guys meet
好吧 你们俩是怎么认识的
Actually we met online.
其实我们是在网上认识的
Our our first date was at a coffee shop.
我们第一次约会是在一家咖啡馆
Although unlike your date she actually showed up.
不过跟你的约会对象不一样 她可是真来了
Oh he looks sad again.
他又看起来难过了
Well I really envy your relationship.
我真的很羡慕你们的感情
Other than you two only having sex once a year
除了你们俩一年只做一次爱这点
you're the perfect couple.
你们简直是完美情侣档
You you know about that
你知道这件事吗
Uh yeah everyone at the university does.
整个大学谁不知道呀
Were you aware of this
你知道这件事吗
No. No I only told Leonard Howard Raj
不 这事我只告诉过莱纳德 霍华德 拉杰
Kripke uh Professor Wu Professor Klein
克里普克 吴教授 克莱因教授
and a lunch lady in the cafeteria.
还有一个食堂大妈
How everyone else found out is a mystery to me.
我也想不通其他人是怎么知道的
Why aren't you talking to me
你为什么不理我了
Because I'm mad at you.
因为我对你很生气
Well now I'm sorry I asked.
现在我后悔问了这个问题
Sheldon it's humiliating.
谢尔顿 我的脸都丢完了
Thanks to you my colleagues are gossiping about our sex life.
因为你 我的同事们都在八卦我们的性生活
What is there to gossip about
这有什么可八卦的呀
We barely have one.
我们都没做过几次
That's why they're doing it
所以他们才感兴趣呀
Is it safe to assume you're not speaking to me again
我可以理解为你再也不想和我说话了吗
If you're not answering because you're not speaking to me
如果你是因为不想理我所以不回答
perhaps we could come up with a signal
也许我们可以用某种信号来表示
That works
我懂了
You don't need your dad's money.
你才不需要你爸的钱
You can get by on your salary. Yeah.
-你的收入足够养活你自己了 -没错
Well we work at the same place as you and
我们和你一样都在学校工作
we've always been fine. Oh please.
-我们就活得挺好 -得了吧
Look in the mirror. You both look ten years older than I do.
拜托照照镜子 你俩看起来比我老十岁
All right.
好吧
Hang on. We can figure this out.
等等 我们一定有办法解决的
Let's just go over your expenses. How much is your rent
我们先清理一下你的开销 你每月房租多少
I don't want to say.
我不想回答
Is it really that high
高到特别离谱吗
I don't want to say because I don't know how much it is.
我不想回答因为我不知道多少钱
You don't how much your rent is
你连自己的房租都不知道吗
My father pays for it Do you know how much your rent is
我爸帮我付房租啦 你知道你的房租多少钱吗
Yeah.
当然知道
Well then double it
那就按你房租的两倍算吧
because my building's a lot nicer than this dump.
我的房子比你这垃圾堆舒服多了
Do you know how much your car costs
那你知道每个月养车要多少钱吗
Not really.
不知道
Well how much do you spend on food
每个月吃饭要多少钱
The housekeeper does the shopping.
吃的全是家政工负责买好
Oh my God you really are spoiled.
我的乖乖 你真是被宠坏了
I'm spoiled
我被宠坏了
Your baby has a cape that costs $300
你闺女一件披风都价值300美金好嘛
I'm going to bed.
我要睡觉了
Well wait.
等一下
This is our first fight as a couple who live together.
这是我们同居之后第一次吵架
So
所以呢
I'm not sure of the protocol.
我对这种事的规矩还不太懂
Television teaches us
电视里教的是
that the man's supposed to sleep on the couch
这种情况下男的应该去睡沙发
but of the two of us you're clearly more sofa sized.
但我们当中明显是你的体型更适合睡沙发
I'm not sleeping on the couch
我才不会为了
'cause you don't know what's private and what's not.
你不懂什么叫私事而滚去睡沙发
This isn't fair.
这不公平
You've discussed aspects
你还不是和佩妮
of our physical relationship with Penny.
讨论过我俩的肉体关系
That's different
那不一样
She's a close friend not the lady in the cafeteria
她是我的闺蜜 不是你那位
who cuts the crust off your sandwiches
帮三明治去面包皮的食堂大妈
That lady has a name.
人家大妈也是有名字的
I don't know what it is
虽然我不知道她的芳名
but one time I accidentally called her mom
但有一次 我不小心喊了她一声妈
Sounds like you're gonna need a cheaper place to live.
看来你得先搬去便宜的地方住了
When you moved here you didn't have a lot of money.
你刚来这里时也没多少钱
How'd you get by
你是怎么过下来的
Well sometimes you can get free food
有时候你可以从邻居那里蹭到
and Wi Fi from the neighbors.
免费的食物和网络
Just know
只不过
you might have to marry one of 'em.
最后你可能得嫁给其中的一个人
Hey you guys let Stuart live with you.
对了 斯图尔特都住在你们家了
Why not Raj too
不如也让拉杰一起住吧
What what are you doing I...
你这是在干嘛呀 我...
I I I schlepped the baby over I brought imported beer.
我拖着孩子来你家聚会 还带了进口啤酒
Why don't you like me
你为什么还不喜欢我
Well I thought we were best friends
拜托 我以为我俩是好朋友呢
We are
我们是呀
That's why I'm sad my best friend's gonna be homeless.
一想到好朋友将要无家可归 我真伤心难过
I'm sorry Raj. We really just don't have the space.
抱歉 拉杰 我们家真的没地方了
What if he lives in your garage
不如让他住你家车库吧
What if you stop helping
不如你丫赶紧闭嘴吧
Guys I'm not living in a garage
各位 我才不要住车库呢
Wait. Why are we talking about our place
等等 干嘛总纠结我的房子呢
when Sheldon's old room is sitting there perfectly empty
谢尔顿的房间明明还空着呀
That's a great idea.
这个主意不错
Raj if you need a place to stay
拉杰 如果你需要地方住
of course you are welcome here.
我们家永远为你敞开
Thank you but if I'm gonna just take advantage of my friends
谢了 但如果我要给朋友添麻烦的话
I might as well keep on relying on my father.
我还不如继续靠我爹养着呢
Okay only if you're sure.
好吧 你决定了就好
Whew.
好险
Yeah.
万幸
Amy
艾米
Amy
艾米
Amy Yeah
-艾米 -干嘛
Not exactly the welcome wagon but I'll take it.
虽然你口气不善 但也行吧
What is this
这是什么
I'm mapping basic topics of conversation
我画了一张图 列出了和谁
and with whom they can be discussed.
应该讨论什么样的话题
I call these circles Zones of Privacy.
我管这些圆圈叫"隐私地带"
Don't Google that
别搜索这个词
unless you want to see pictures of people's genitals.
除非你想看人类性器官的图片
This circle contains only me and you.
这个圈里只有我和你
It represents subjects we only share with each other
代表我们只跟对方分享的话题
details of physical intimacy bathroom habits.
身体亲密行为的细节 如厕习惯
Although as I'm saying it
不过说着说着
I may need to add Dr. Fink in here.
我觉得有必要加上芬克医生
Are you really worried
你真的担心
about revealing secrets to Stephen Hawking
向史蒂芬·霍金透露秘密吗
No I was just excited to list him as a friend.
不 我只是很兴奋能将他列为好友
Well I do appreciate you working on this.
谢谢你为我做这些
I'm sorry you were embarrassed.
对不起我让你觉得丢脸了
And now I understand that
现在我懂了
some things are just between you and me
有些事只能你知我知
and in the event of redness and swelling Dr. Fink.
万一有红肿和肿胀 芬克医生也要知
What's that little dot in the middle
中间那个小点是什么
That's reserved for thoughts I don't share with anyone.
那是我不与任何人分享的想法
Interesting.
有意思
You really have secrets you don't tell me
你真有没告诉我的秘密吗
Of course.
当然有
Can I hear one
可以说一个听听吗
No they're private.
不行 这是隐私
Why Are they naughty
为什么 是很"不乖"的吗
A little.
一点点吧
Please
求你了
Fine.
Two years ago...
两年前...
...I got my driver's license.
我拿到了驾照
What
什么
Why didn't you say anything
你为什么没说
I like being chauffeured around.
我喜欢有司机接送
It makes me feel important.
这让我觉得自己是大人物
So when I got up at 4 00 A.M. to drive you across the desert
我清晨四点起来 送你穿越沙漠
to an antique train museum I didn't have to
去古董火车博物馆 其实不必我去吗
No you didn't.
是 你不必
But keep in mind
但你记得
I felt extremely important.
那让我觉得自己是超级大人物
What
什么事
Hello Father.
你好 父亲
We need to talk.
我们需要谈谈
All right.
好的
I have come to an important decision.
我做出了重要决定
I will not be accepting your money anymore.
我不会再拿你的钱
I'm a man and I can take care of myself.
我是个男人 可以照顾好自己
That's wonderful
太好了
Yes that is wonderful
是的 非常好
You will no longer be able to accuse me of being spoiled
你不能再指责我被宠坏了
I am so proud of you.
我真为你骄傲
Dad I'm trying to tell you off
爸 我是想臭骂你一顿
and you're ruining it with your delight and relief.
你的欣喜与宽慰毁了我的计划
Sorry.
抱歉
Oh no my grown son is going to stop spending all my money.
不要啊 我已成年的儿子不想再花光我的钱了
Where did I fail as a father
我这个当爹的是哪里做得不对啊
Yeah that's right.
这就对了
Keep asking yourself that
好好问问你自己这个问题
But I still love you very much so don't cut me out of the will.
但我依然非常爱你 所以别把我踢出遗嘱
Oh you brought your own lunch.
你自己做了午餐
Good for you.
好样的
Yeah I'm making a bunch of changes.
我在做出很多改变
This morning I fired my dog walker.
今天早上 我辞退了遛狗人
Oh. How's the dog gonna go to the bathroom
那狗怎么上厕所
Uh I gave her an Imodium.
我让她吃了止泻药
That's tomorrow's problem.
这是明天的问题了
Excuse me. May I have your attention please
不好意思 大家注意下好吗
I have recently been made aware
我最近意识到
that my personal relationship with Amy Farrah Fowler
我与艾米·菲拉·福勒的私人关系
has become water cooler gossip.
成为了饮水机旁的八卦谈资
And I just want to say shame on all of you.
我只想说 你们真可耻
We're scientists.
我们是科学家
Our minds should be focused
我们应该集中精神
on the advancement of human knowledge
关注人类知识的进步
not the intimate details of other people's lives.
而不是其他人的私生活细节
He's right.
他说得对
And I'm sorry for the part I played in this.
抱歉我在这件事中扮演的角色
Thank you Bert.
谢谢你 伯特
You're a good man. That woman who stood you up
你是个好人 昨天放你鸽子
and humiliated you last night really missed out.
令你蒙羞的女人 真是走宝了
That doesn't paint me in the best light.
这样说可建立不了我的光辉形象
Oh. Oh I'm sorry.
这样啊 对不起
Correction That woman not only had vigorous coitus with Bert...
纠正 那个女人不仅和伯特床战三百回合
she also tipped him a dollar for a job well done.
而且还因为他活儿好 给了一块钱小费
That better Not really.
-光辉起来了吗 -没有
All right well to sum up focus on science
好了 总之 专注于科学
keep your nose out of other people's business
别管别人的事
and uh whoa for a good time call Bert.
还有 想寻欢作乐 就找伯特
What brought that on
这是唱的哪一出
Well last night Amy was angry with me
昨晚艾米生气了
because I'd been foolishly telling people
因为我傻里傻气地告诉别人
about certain personal matters.
某些隐私事情
That's understandable.
生气是正常的
Oh I know that now.
我现在知道了
At first I thought she was cranky
起初 我以为她脾气暴躁
because of her horrific menstrual cramps but...
是因为她很严重的经痛 但是
...it turns out no she was genuinely mortified.
结果不是 她只是真的觉得丢人
内容操作
视频
教程课件
单词卡片